AirAce
Vice Captain

Original Genius

25,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:01 pm
The church, once empty, has people attending today. The statue of the goddess stands before a woman. Offering to lead the way to the goddess. The church isn't busting at the seems full.. but there are more people then last time. A couple people seem moved by her words. Eyes on the goddess statue. The statue almost looks as brand new. Exception of a dark stone in her chest. Not very big as most miss it. One Turk hasn't. Technically, an Ex-turk.

“ Someday the Goddess will return to us. Bringing love to her people... “

The Legend sits in the audience. Listening to her words.

“ The Goddess is life.. the Goddess is love... “

He listens intently.

“ In the beginning... goddess brought forth live. Created man to guard over the plants and animals... but we got greedy. Instead of nurturing the land, we consume... We sucked the life out of the ground. Warped the creatures... and our hearts. Our sin we brought forth Geo-stigmata... But the Goddess loves all... she gave us a second chance. This is Humanity's second chance... “

Legend could almost fall for it. Almost. He knows this woman. Before the whole Sephiroth clones, she was a street walker. Now, the woman is wearing robes of a nun. Thinks she has a shotgun under it all. The real kicker, she actually seems to believe what she is spouting. This woman never stays in a town for too long.

People in the room bow and pray. Something about her just doesn't sit right with him. The nun seems to spend time listening to the people. Blessing them with a rock she keeps on a chain. A couple converts seem different. Some eager to join her. Legend approaches...

Legend faking how touched he is, “ Please, I need to know more... I want to join you. “

The Nun gracefully nods, “ Of course.. we always have room for those who wish to join. If you are serious, you may come along. “

Legend would be last seen following this woman. No further contact made to Tseng or Rufus... Only very worrisome silence.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:49 pm
Cid is helping his men are currently working in Gongaga. There has been a rather nasty storm, doing damage to the homes. Shortly afterward a sickness seemed to hit. WRO was bringing in food and material for repair. Bringing in supplies was not easy thing as the town is surrounded by uneven ground, in the woods, and has dirt roads. So they had to use a truck, as he had to land the Shera a bit of a distance away from the town. They decided to stay and help in repairs.

Cid hasn't seen a sickness as baffling since geostigmata. Not that the symptoms were weird. Just none of the medicines seem to help. The victim left lethargic with a slight fever. Not willing to see people live in broken homes, Cid had to help out. The men though who went into the village are gradually coming down with the same bug. Even Cid finding himself fighting weakness. No other members of the crew were allowed in the village... only bright side, they were finishing up the most important repairs.

Cid stands on his ladder. As Cid wipes the sweat from his brow, as it muggy today, he swears he sees a nun and a priest entering the town. All he can think they gotta be some stupid or gutsy people. Figured he better go warn them. A wave of dizzy hits him, making Cid misstep and fall backward.  

AirAce
Vice Captain

Original Genius

25,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Signature Look 250

Winter Knight Dresden
Captain

Headstrong Investigator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:36 pm
Vincent stalked the streets of the small town. He felt a twinge of guilt at his curiosity . He was watching the people get sicker and weaker with each passing day.
He passed out the meager supplies he could afford. He never felt the need to keep gil around. He lamented the fact he couldn't help more , and also that he was so curious about death. He remembered what it was like being on the edge. His mind had a gap , he couldn't remember tipping over that final edge.
His eyes saw the movement of the man stumbling and falling. He leapt flying through the air, his cape snapping taught with the transferred energy of his movements.
He caught his old friend before he could hit the floor. "Hey Chief, feeling ok?" his tone sounded light but was tinged with concern.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:58 pm
Cid is surprised at being caught. Lack of sudden ground is preferable. Looks at his friend Vincent, “ Vince? I got dizzy... f*ck I don't feel so.. ... I saw some people coming. “ Honest he was hoping it was just the push to finish the damage. So the sick people wouldn't get sick due to bad water and exposure to the elements. The fact he is sick is something he can't ignore anymore. His face is a little flush. But he needed to tell Vincent what he saw. “ I saw two people coming... “  

AirAce
Vice Captain

Original Genius

25,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Signature Look 250

Winter Knight Dresden
Captain

Headstrong Investigator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:08 pm
He leaned Cid against a building. He pressed a canteen into his friends hands. "I will warn them. Then we're getting you safe." He pushed aside the wave of worry at seeing his friend sick. "I guess the WRO wasn't bringing a cure?" He asked rhetorically. He then unscrewed the cap of the canteen and stepped away from Cid and into the main path. He walked closer to the strangers and held out a hand. "There is a quarantine in effect here. You are going to have to leave."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:36 pm
Cid leans against the wall and takes a drink of the canteen. After getting some water, he looks for a cigarette to smoke. F*ck it, the way the sickness was going, why worry about his health. He didn't get it. The medicine they brought should have worked.

The Priest bows, “ The Goddess is with us. “ The priest is someone he never seen before but... The nun actually looks familiar.

The Nun, “ We understand the risk. We accept the risk involved. “ Both also have necklaces with small statues that look like the goddess, except the stone is a black Agate.

Cid rolls his eyes. Praying to the goddess? Then again Science is failing them. Sadly, he has no cigarettes on him. They are on the damn airship. " You two are crazy... " But they can't kick them if they insist on staying.  

AirAce
Vice Captain

Original Genius

25,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Signature Look 250

Winter Knight Dresden
Captain

Headstrong Investigator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:53 am
Vincent sighed , letting his annoyance show. He wasn't much of a believer in the goddess , still he was intrigued at the woman's familiarity.

He hoisted Cid up on one shoulder. "Lets get you inside chief" He said.
He turned to the other two "Do I know you?" he asked the woman, before she could answer he turned tot he man "What do you expect to accomplish here?"

Vincent turned his back in them and headed back to the room he had been renting. He motioned for the others to follow him.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:20 pm
Cid was on the verge of falling again. He finds himself limp as a wet noodle on Vincent's shoulder. Muttering, “ This *&#@ is undignified... “ But can't and doesn't fight it.

The Priest and Nun follow. The Nun actually looks a little like Elena but is older. Elena was the youngest of the four Turks back when Vincent was helping Avalanche.

The Nun, “ Maybe I remind you of someone? Or you seen me. I have been with the church for a while.. I tend to travel a lot. “

The Priest, “ We had a dream and were told to come. Kinda hoping to help tend the sick and pray fpr them. We have seen wonders through pray. “ Holds the charm of the goddess to his chest. “ So far she has protected us from harm. I also has some practice with tending the sick. “

Chaos can sense something about them, the longer Vincent is close to them. Can't tell if its good or evil but the two seem to have an aura around them. As if something is protecting them. Enough they may well not be affected by most illnesses.

Cid, “ It .. would .. be too late anyhow. “ Spoken lil softer then Cid normally talks.

The inn keeper is one of the few not sick. But he also has a charm necklace as well. “ You are back in town already? “

Nun tells Vincent, “ We came by a couple months before the storm. “ Well before any of the troubles began. The likely hood of them directly. causing the illness is very little.  

AirAce
Vice Captain

Original Genius

25,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Signature Look 250

Winter Knight Dresden
Captain

Headstrong Investigator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:33 pm
"You remind me of a woman named Elena" He said . He tensed and gripped his friend closer to him. A subconscious reflex of not wanting to lose him just yet.

"Nothing is ever too late. We have had worse odds." He said. He turned back to the priest and nun. "Could you see what you can do for my friend?" His tone remained calm and matter of fact but the real fact that Cid might die here was sinking in and it terrified him . He just nodded at the innkeeper noting they were here before according to the man but it wasn't a pressing concern in his mind.

He headed over to his room and set Cid on his bed. The tables were scattered with guns and bullet making equipment. He turned to the door hoping they had followed him this far.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:04 pm
The Nun hears the name and pauses as if the name I familiar, “ Oh.. “ Then is distracted by another victim of the illness. They do seem very serious about their wish to help.

The priest follows Vincent. Waiting for Cid to be laid down. Checks his pulse and his forehead. Fingers check under the jaw. Is not a surgeon but has some basic medical training. “ This sickness... it doesn't react to normal cures? Wonder if there a source? “ Takes Cid's shirt off smears a salve over his chest. Causes Cid to giggle some, due to being a little ticklish.

Cid sighs as the salve helps him breathe easier and a little more awake. “ What is that? “ Eyes are drawn to the necklace. Something about the charm. It's kinda appealing.

Priest, “ Just something I make. “ Takes Vincent's canteen from Cid, as he still held it mix in some herbs, “ This is only temporary. “

Cid sips from the canteen and feels little better. Not cured but better. The flush on his face recedes. Swears, he can almost feel something. Then mentally backs from it.

Priest, “ It may well come down to the Goddess. Embracing her gift of life. Opening one's mind and heart... “

Cid rolls his eyes as of saying ' I'll take the weird tea. '  

AirAce
Vice Captain

Original Genius

25,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Signature Look 250

Winter Knight Dresden
Captain

Headstrong Investigator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:22 pm
Vincent watched them work. He was a still as a statue, with a face that was just unreadable.
He broke his spell when Cid seemed to be responding a little bit to the treatment.
"After all we've seen, I am surprised to see you reject the Idea out of hand." He said. He didn't know how he felt about the goddess or even if there was one. But he could almost feel Aerith sometimes . He talked to her a lot more in death than he had in life. Maybe he was just talking at the walls but he felt that Aerith could hear him and it was comforting to know she would be waiting on his friends.

He loaded a clip with rapid , practiced and precise movements.
"I was wondering if there was a source myself. I intend to go check." He slid the clip into his pistol and made sure there was a round in the chamber. He slid the gun in its holster at the small of his back, beneath the cape.
"I will let you know what I find ." he said and walked out of the room, he hopped Cid would rest but he wouldn't deny him if he wanted to follow. He would just have to look after his friend more closely if he came.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:16 pm
Cid sits up, taking another sip, “ I'm coming along. “

The Priest tries to stop him. “ Sir, you need to rest. “

Cid, “ I'll rest later.. “ Not feeling 100% but able to walk on his own. God help he wasn't gonna spend his days sick in a damn bed if he could help it. He does put his shirt back on. Not that its a bad sight, with his toned muscles. He has some modesty.

The Priest shrugs and proceeds to check out the other sick people of the village. Nor does the Nun seem to object to Vincent finding the source.

Chaos, reluctant, seems to opening its own senses to the village. Vincent sharing a body with Chaos, can feel what the demonic creature senses. With much of the damage actually fixed, the air isn't as filled with smells of ruin. There is still the smell of illness in the air. Some people lingering closer to death then others. Chaos has to put some effort into it. Cid accidentally gives him a clue.

Cid leans against a tree. There Chaos is able to detect something off about the tree. Cid's touch seems to cause a quiver through the tree. The Tree itself looks at smells like a tree. There is something under that. Giving chaos and Vincent a bad taste in their mouth. Cid pulls away from the tree on his own, “ Either I'm sicker then I thought or the tree moved! “ Almost trips himself, just keeping on his feet.  

AirAce
Vice Captain

Original Genius

25,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Signature Look 250

ZacktheGreat
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:17 pm

Zack's spirit has been drawn to Gongaga recently. Some of the people are closer to death than others. If they do die, it will be his task to bring them over. It is a happy and sad thing. It will be a joy to meet again people he knew most his childhood. Sad because it is their turn to die. Most people can't see him anyway. Exception those dying, those with a gift ( Cid is out), and Vincent thanks to Chaos being inside him.

He can feel Chaos in his home village as his soul is unseen by most of the people still outside. Also the very wrong tree. It is enough to bring him out into the open. There is mot much he can do aside from watching what is about to unfold. Unless Minerva gives him permission to interfere and he yet to feel that. Still, it is interesting to watch the Bearer of Chaos at work. These two are people Aerith feels very fond of. He is hopeful this ends well for them.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:01 am
From within the Trunk, a leech of sorts. Not the one most know that merely suck blood. This infects, weakening their immunity but also feeding off their life energy. As it made to leave the tree by Chaos, it can finally be seen. Only 3 feet long. Its shape is like a ray fish. Gives out a screech that hurts the ears of everyone living ( esp Chaos and Vincent). This does give it a chance to draw upon the victims, mostly from the patients who can still have life/hit points. It's enough to drop Cid to his knees.

The Leech's tail seems to get little longer, with spikes. It is both fast and aggressive as it targets Vincent.  

AirAce
Vice Captain

Original Genius

25,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Signature Look 250

Winter Knight Dresden
Captain

Headstrong Investigator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:46 am
Vincent just nodded and let Cid fall into step with him. He was glad Cid seemed to look a little better. He steeled himself and opened his mind to the senses of Chaos. He disliked touching the alien mind with his own and always felt somehow dirty when he communed with the creature.

He heard Cid talk about the tree and turned to look at it intently. He was taken by surprise when the leech screeched he let out a small exclamation of pain.

He pulled his pistol out taking some poorly aimed shots at the creature trying to shoot though the pain.  
Final Fantasy VII

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff