[FIN Oba] Guardian Girls ~ Shura & Aari ~ Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:20 pm
Shura was presently bored out of her mind. She was with her father who was out selling his goods as per normal but she wasn't allowed to really leave his range of vision. Even in a crowded market place it seemed that he wanted to see her at all times. She blamed it on the threat that was called the 'Dretch' by some and 'bug mages' by others. The things were a giant pain in the backside and were totally cramping her style. How was she supposed to go about enjoying herself when she wasn't even allowed to move about as she wanted to? Instead of being treated like the prentice shew as she was instead being treated like a youngling again.

Blowing a breath through her bangs she dug into her pack, getting out a ball, and started to throw it for her zanteer to chase. It wasn't the grandest of entertainment but at the moment it was going to have to do. There wasn't much else going on after all. At least not for her. It seemed her father was getting decent business, not to mention exchanging news with people all day. She knew there was a lot that she could learn if she listened in... and she'd tried! Unlike her father who was fine with listening to the same stuff over and over again she ended up spacing off pretty quickly after the same thing was said for the third time.

Here was to hoping something, anything, would pop up, within her father line of sight, that would be more interesting then just tossing a ball.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:36 pm
Aari hadn't meant for the day to be exciting. Not at all. With the current fears spreading, she had come to town with a group in order to do a little shopping. With many afraid to leave the perceived safety of the camp, supplies needed to be bolstered. Aari had even gone so far as to tuck her hair up into a hat to hide her blue locks so that she wouldn't draw suspicion with her usual hood. She had even put on make-up to alter her face a little! There had been no intention of an altercation.

None of it helped when she saw an officious Oban smacking an older Matorian around. The older man had ordered the wrong item, apparently, and was now paying for it. Paid servant or not, that was uncalled for! Aari rushed over without thinking and clocked the Oban with a walking stick. The man sat dazed while Aari turned the Matorian toward where her group was. Like many, the old man hesitated, but eventually allowed himself to go.

Now, Aari was running. The Oban was after her, determined to make her take the place of the servant he had just lost. Turning a corner, she flipped her cloak inside out to expose a different color and yanked a yellow knitted hat from a pouch. Skidding to a halt, she found she had stopped next to a young prentice and smiled. "Do not be afraid. I just need a moment at your side, if you wouldn't mind." Risky with the tension around there, but she needed to blend in before the man came charging around the corner after her!  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:19 am
Cornetified

Shura looked up from tossing the ball for her zanteer when a young woman appeared in front of her. She starred for a moment as the other girl flipped her cloak around, donned a new hat, and then commented on needing a moment of her time. She blinked slowly for a moment before she nodded her head, "Alright, I don't see why not."

She gave her ball another toss, sending Anhalo after it again. Turning to glance toward the girl in the yellow hat she asked, "You're... not some sort of criminal that I should worry about, are you?" That would be a bit of a hassle, if she ended up helping out some sort of criminal type... but at a glance she seemed young, maybe around Shura's age? Surely she wasn't a criminal yet? At least Shura really hoped not or she'd look the fool for agreeing to help her later.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:55 pm
Criminal? Aari would have smiled with amusement once at the idea. Now, her lips gave only a small curve that revealed more rueful acceptance than amusement. "That would depend on the person you ask. The man who is about to charge around the building? He would say that I am. The elder man who is now free of the abuse the first man was doing to him.. I doubt he would label me as such."

Brow knitting, she scrunched down to make herself smaller as a rather furious looking man came tearing around the corner of the building. Aari kept her face toward the stranger, her head cocking slightly. Sure enough, the man gave the area only a cursory glance before continuing on his war path. "I do apologize for the inconvenience." Her smile warmed and turned wary at the same time; a tease with uncertainty of the reply to come. "Do you still feel that you should turn me in?"
Orpheus Solon

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:53 am
Cornetified

It would depend on who she asked? Well now, that made this kind of interesting, enough so that she decided that she'd let things play out instead of bother to snitch on the girl that wanted her help. She felt that keeping an eye out for the one that was 'about to charge around the building' was her best bet. A moment later a man who looked to be raging came around the corner just as the girl said he would. He didn't seem all that pleased, did he? She supposed that meant it was likely good that the girl was hiding from him.

Looking away, turning her attention back to Anhalo, she let the man run off without calling out to him. She didn't know who he was or what was going on but felt that it was best to leave him to do his own thing.

Turning back to the girl as the grumpy man vanished she said, "It's not that much of an inconvenience. I mean we are both just standing here after all. Not like I had to fight the guy bare handed or anything. Probably good since what experience I have with fighting is mostly against people my own age." She wasn't of the age where she could get a weapon or rank yet so it was just fist fights with idiots that picked on her brother, nothing more and nothing less.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:35 pm
It was quite a relief to see that there would be no shout to reveal her. "I do appreciate your confidence," she assured with a small nod of her head. Fighting her own age? Aari cocked her head slightly, looking the girl over. "Do you fight because you wish to, or because you have to?" she asked curiously.
Orpheus Solon

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:49 pm
Cornetified

Shura crossed her arms over her chest and said, "It's because I have to! My brother is the soft, sweet, very non-confrontational sort. People pick on him and drag him around, something that I can't allow. I have to protect him so that he can be happy and without any worries." Shura would do anything she could for Dovian, even if that meant punching people that wouldn't let him do otherwise.

Giving a little chuckle she said, "Ahhh... I might be a bit over protective of my brother."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:15 pm
Aari was surprised by the force that came with the girl's answer. Her head cocked the slightest bit with interest as the situation was explained. "Perhaps you are," she replied with a light chuckle. "I would not know though, for I have no siblings of my own." Her eyes went a little distant suddenly. "I did once have a dear friend who would look out for me, as it sounds like you do your brother. It is well that he has you, I am sure."
Orpheus Solon

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:48 pm
Cornetified

Shura gave a little sigh, waving a hand in the air, "Those that want to pick on Dovi can be a handful but I love him dearly so I don't mind chasing them off." She said, then blinked a couple times, "Ah?! You're an only child?" She wondered what that might be like. She probably got whatever she wanted from her parents, huh? Not that having a twin really stopped her from getting whatever she wanted... so she supposed that wasn't the up side she should focus on. Giving a curious sound in her throat she asked, "What is that like?"

"Oh? You have a friend who is like a sibling to you?" She gave the girl a curious look, wondering who the friend was. She supposed that it probably wasn't really her business but she couldn't help but to be curious about the girl given what information she'd shared. Maybe she got her curious nature from her father who also tended to seek information from those around him?

Lighting up a bit Shura said, "Yep! Dovi is very lucky to have me! Without me I can only imagine how many people would be dragging him about to the Gods and Goddesses know where!." She was pretty certain that she was born with Dovian to keep him safe from all the weirdos of the world.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:27 pm
What is it like? Aari pursed her lips thoughtfully. "I suppose I would describe it as... well.." It was a tricky question in Aari's view. Did she refer to her youth in Zena, or in Oba? ..and what was she to relate it to? Perhaps thinking as far back as possible would be best... "I am uncertain of what would best represent what it was like- or what it is currently like. I was content enough to find my entertainment as I wished, and had plenty of company once I made my acquaintance with my friend, in addition to my mother. ..Is there something else you wish to know?"

The confidence that the girl spoke with brought up another smile. This girl was acting much like what Aari imagined a big sister would.
Orpheus Solon

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:16 pm
Cornetified

Shura titled her head to one side, listening as the girl described to her what it was like to be an only child. After a bit she decided that while she was sure that it had its up sides that she much preferred having Dovian around. She knew that without her brother that she'd be a completely different person altogether, maybe even on a different path in life. She wouldn't give her brother up for the world!

Was there anything else that she wished to know?

Upon being posed with that question she gave a thoughtful sound, lifting a hand to tap a finger against her own lips in a thoughtful manner, "Let's see... I think, so long as you're alright with me asking, I would ask where it is that you're from." She was a very different looking girl and while she looked like she might be part Oban she wasn't sure about the rest. Matorian maybe given the blue hair and golden eyes?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:45 pm
The question made Aari's brow rise with surprise. She had been expecting more questions about being an only child, but this was easier to answer, surely. "I suppose I don't mind," she mused, pulling her hair around to tug on a little of it. "I'm from Zena, with my mother. My.. father.. is from here. Oba." Her nose wrinkled as she said 'father,' clearly finding the word to be distasteful. "If I may, I would like to return the question back to you."
Orpheus Solon

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:01 am
Cornetified

Shura tilted her head to one side, a thoughtful look on her face, before she finally nodded, "Ahhh, I see! So you're mother is from the Ice Tribe then? Heh, I was thinking maybe the Water Tribe because of the pretty blue hair you have." She wondered if she only thought that because the Matorian were a lot more plentiful around here compared to the Zenans who she'd personally met... well, none of. She was meeting one from the Ice Tribe now though so that was fun!

"Eh? Not a fan of Oba?" She asked curiously, wondering if it was the girl's father or Oba itself that she didn't like. She supposed that it could go either way though she couldn't really fathom why someone wouldn't like Oba itself. Such a pretty place if one didn't mind the heat. As her question was turned around on her she said, "I'm from a small village that is North of here called Awat, it's where my father has his home. Our mother is originally from Tale though."

Giving a grin and a flex of her arms she said proudly, "So my brother and I are half Fire Tribe and half Leaf Tribe." She tended to stand out a bit in a crowd given her pale skin but she didn't mind so much. It was a way of letting people know she was coming and gave those bullying Dovian a chance to run. Giving the other girl a curious look she suddenly realized something and said, "Wait... since you're from Zena that means that you had to come through Tale right? What's it like there?" She had no plans to head to Tale any time soon, especially given the Dretch, but she was a bit curious about what it might be like.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:06 pm
"I should think it would have been nice to be part of the water tribe. They have such lovely skin." Aari blushed lightly as the topic took a more personal turn. Still, she wanted to reassure the girl.. "It is a group of people in Oba that I am 'not a fan of.' Not Oba as a whole."

Ah, Tale. She had to giggle as the girl boasted and flexed. "A fine combination, you are," she assured lightly.

What was Tale like? At this, the blush returned and her eyes shifted away. "I was very young at the time. I am afraid that I do not remember." Her eyes rose again and her head cocked. "Does your mother not have stories of Tale for you?"
Orpheus Solon

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:02 pm
Cornetified

"Yeah, that's very true. It would have to be amazing to have colorful, pretty skin. And so blue! It's such a nice color, not my favorite color, but still a really nice one." She much preferred warm colors but still, one could still appreciate colors that were considered her 'favorite' ones. Especially given how the Matorian had that dual colored skin with the pretty speckles.

As the girl told her that it wasn't Oba but instead a group of specific people she didn't like Shura clapped her hands together and said, "I'm glad to hear that! Well... the part about it not being Oba as a whole I mean." Giving a little squeak she asked in a hushed tone, "Was that guy who was chasing you one of those people?" As she asked she found herself looking from side to side, making sure the guy hadn't returned to hassle the girl she was chatting with.

After a few moments spent on scanning the area she looked back at her new companion and said, "Ahhh! Well, yeah, some but since she's a parent is like... the nicest version of Tale. I am curious about all the details, even those that a parent wouldn't share. Like what the fighters and fights are like there, that sort of stuff."  
◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff