A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
Group Interest Check Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which RP idea are you most interested in?
City of Secrets reboot
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Knights of Etherea reboot
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Almatha
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
Reapers Inc
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Angels and Demons
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mechs all day errrrrrryday
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:27 am
                  Helloooooo RPR!

I've been here a while so a lot of you know me, but for those who don't - I'm welian, I'm a roleplayer who specializes in running medium to large threads. I've been saying for ages that I'm going to run another RP in here, so I've decided to get off my a** and get to work.

So! Guild roleplayers, here's my proposition. Listed below are a number of vague ideas that I can spin into a fun and simple thread. I want you ladies and gents to tell me what you are interested in, and whichever one seems seems to be the most popular after a few days will be the one I go with.

• Reboot of City of Secrets Walk-in
                  • Knights of Etherea: Another reboot, this one about magic knights fighting evil nightmares to restore order in the dreamworld
                  • Almatha: A bunch of misfits, rookies, and soldiers who really should have been dishonorably discharged years ago get assigned to a unit specifically for keeping them out of trouble and accidentally get to do really awesome stuff like blowing up bad guys. Takes place on a science-fantasy planet that looks like someone tried to run an urban fantasy story in the Borderlands world. This one is my brain baby and is personally my first choice.
                  • Reapers, Inc.: We've seen what Death looks like as a well-oiled bureaucracy. Let's see what it looks like as a cut-throat private industry where different companies, based on different cultures' versions of Death, compete for the souls of the deceased.
                  • Angels vs Demons: No list is complete without this. But let's be honest here, I have no idea what the plot would be, unless you want to spin it as some sort of silly sitcom about them like... sharing an apartment, or being rival fraternities/sororities or something.
                  • Mechs: I love giant robots. You love giant robots. Chicks love giant robots. And you know, artificial intelligence, evil viruses, android, futuristic cyberpunk cities... I'm not sure what we'd be doing. But we'd have giant mechs so... profit???

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:33 am
I'm interested in all of them.

o.o

Jenni Deer

Dangerous Lunatic

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:38 am
Wicked Lily

Excellent! I added two more as well, I think that will pretty much be my offerings though, unless I decide to offer my witch RP as well. That one requires an all-female (well, MOSTLY female) cast though.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:01 pm
*shakes the dust off his guildy form*

Reapers, Inc. interests me.  

Giyari

Shirtless Ladykiller

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:34 pm
User Image

Don't mind me. I'm just watching.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:18 am
                  Now, now, my dear Captain. Nothing ever got done just by watching. However, the responses here have assured me that I could run just about any of those stories, and there would be people on board.

I'l go ahead an add a poll.

welian

Crew

RagingBluMunky

Dedicated Tactician

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:57 pm
I vote for giant robots. All the giants of the mechanical variety. Although, tossing giant monsters in too would not go wrong.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:20 pm
The second or third one would probably interest me the most out of all of the choices.~  

Wuufi

OG Fox

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:07 pm
                  I'm happy with the number of responses so far! If, by this time next week, there's no clear-cut winner, I'll see about smashing some of these concepts together to make something new. For example... angelic and demonic mechs. Or misfit reapers bumbling around and accidentally stealing souls of little old ladies while they're pinching the cheeks of their grandkids. Or a walk-in RP that talks place in a dreamworld city. I dunno.

Man I wish I could tip guild posts.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:13 pm
Etherea or Reapers, personally. Granted, w/ my new job starting soon, I'm not sure how much time I'll have for RPing.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:16 pm
                  I do think the Reapers Inc could be a fun story! I'm not going to cover EVERY culture though, the thread will be a little on the small side since I'm expecting less than ten people - but on my list (of things I need to research) is Valkyries, western grim reapers, shinigami, and Charon. I'll probably pick three of those to be the main groups featured in the RP, and require that there be at least two characters (besides my own) with profiles up before the RP can open for posting.

//thinks about rules and plot at the same time

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:30 pm
                  Alternatively, if mechs pull up in the lead, it will totally be a story about giant robots fighting dragons.

Because giant robots. And dragons. And literally nothing else is important in that context.

welian

Crew

RagingBluMunky

Dedicated Tactician

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:37 pm
Is the Reapers Inc. one you created? Or is it based off of something else?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:59 pm
RagingBluMunky

All of these ideas came from myself, but I would be lying to say I wasn't inspired by common fantasy tropes, Bleach, and a book called A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore.

It's also partly MOSTLY fueled by passive-aggressive rage at a reaper roleplay I was in a few months ago that was terribly thought out....

Highlight for rant:

It eschewed any actual overarching plot for romance, going so far as to make sure that each team of reapers was organized into boy-girl pairs. and the creator constantly filling up their own slots with fairly flat and incredibly buxom fanservice women. They weren't even subtle about it, you know?

I soooo wanted to strangle them, they set up the thread so that you chose your character's power from a list, no one was allowed to have the same power... and then they went and made like, six characters. You don't DO that. First of all, while I understand the thematic importance of having 108 teams, there is no way that you will have 216 characters in a roleplay, even if half of them are NPCs. In a guild, maybe. But not in a Barton Town thread. No, since the limiting factor there was powers available for use, they should have counted up the powers, made sure it was an even number, and then based how many "active" characters the story focused on on that number.

And then made the story full of awesome action missions interspersed with introspective moments examining one's own mortality and the role of death in the life cycle. Not a constant barrage of forced sexual tension and heavy-handed innuendo. Not that I'm innocent, but at least I made my mission statement in the OOC, "I want my character to be slapped by every woman in this story at least once".

-sigh-

My personal philosophy is that since no story is original, that what makes a roleplay on Gaia memorable is a combination of the players and how the thread is run. Therefore, even if my story is bland as ********, as long as I work my a** off to make sure you guys are having fun, then I've done my job.

But I digress. Not sure about the poll, but based on the responses in here, I'd say that Reapers Inc seems to be the more popular option here so far.

welian

Crew

GoldDragon1188

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:23 pm
I'm game for almsot anything!!!

Would love to join whatever you start biggrin

That noted, I voted for knights because that sounds most interesting =)  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff