Welcome to Gaia! ::

Annual User Run Ball Planning Guild

Back to Guilds

The event planning organisation for the AURB! 

Tags: aurb, annual ball, ball, user run, event 

Reply Locked Threads
15th AURB Theme Brainstorming Thread Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mitsuko Yukimura

Friendly Regular

13,250 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:02 pm
Hey guys! Mitsuko here!

I know it may be too early, but lets start brainstorming ideas for next years ball.
Mainly this thread is going to be used for brainstorming themes, since we can't use themes that were in previous balls. Annual Ball, or whoever is more experience, would you please provide us with a list of all past balls' themes. We can't properly move forward unless we choose a theme, so let's try and pick one around Christmas or New Years. That way, we'll have more members to help brainstorming and help out.

Let's make next year's ball better than this year! Who's with me? -throws a fist in the air-  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:14 pm
This thread is for SUGGESTING themes for the next ball.

The theme for the ball is what will determine what our main plot is, what the characters are in the rooms for hosts, and even what we might think about in terms of art, graphics and prizes, so be creative with your suggestions and try to think of something that hasn't been done in the past.

There will be a list of previous ball themes at the bottom of this post so DO NOT suggest one of those or, if you do, don't feel bad when your suggestion doesn't make our list.

Previous Ball Themes:
Fairy Tales
Planets
Elements
Time Periods
Greek Mythology
7 Deadly Sins
Dreams
Classic Literature
Zodiac
Supernatural
Apocalypse  

Annual Ball
Captain

Annual Ball
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:15 pm
This will be a list of all the themes that have been suggested.

Themes that may be skipped over are:
1) Themes considered to be too political/religious
2) Themes considered to be inappropriate for TOS
3) Themes that have been used before
4) themes that are too similar to what has gone before
5) Themes that are too similar to what has already been suggested.
6) Themes that could infringe on Copyright  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:25 pm
Well.
We haven't done tv shows yet.

Or gems. I'm guessing Chinese Zodiac is off the table no?

What about an rpg world, where the hosts are npcs, and the guests have to complete quests to complete the game? Is that too complicated?

Will think of more later. biggrin  

aucosu

Crew

Familiar Conventioneer

Mishi Tanaka

Eternal Trickster

16,025 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:57 pm
Social Crawls - As in Dungeon Crawl, Pup Crawl, and things like that. Basically where socially groups of people refer to something they do together as a crawl.

Stereotyping - basically our characters would make fun of or take to the extreme stereotypes that exists for how different countries celebrate things. Such as American's celebrating St.Patty's by get as drunk as we can and wearing TONS of green/orange.

Gaia's Origin - As in we travel back in time to watch the world of gaia be born and we interact with the gods that were alive then. We would be the different gods like Meili and Nyx. Yeah the members know the story that Gaia told Gino but we don't know everything so why not RP it out.

I love the RPG World idea. We could use a bit of dnd influence since we have random number generators and die rolling for posts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Room 0: Gaia's Ball Room - Official casual hang out room of the AURB

Room 1: Main Story Room - where the main themed story line takes place
Room 2-3: Secondary Story Room - additional rooms that may be used in case the main story requires multiple RP rooms.

This is my suggested maximum rooms. Room 0 is casual and therefore requires no NPCs to be made and it would have links on the 1st page to the other rooms with very minor descriptions of each room so it would serve as a HUB you could put extended bios for each character in there or whatever you wanted. like page 1 is ball information and then up the the end of page 2 is a post for each character's extended bio, which you can link back to from the room they are actually in. Randomly throughout the ball one of the admins would encourage the people to go and RP or see what's going on.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:07 am
I have simpler idea which maybe boring but easier to know thus here goes....

(Editing info for them later for need sleep and may add more)
Season-

Music-

Clubs-

Food-

Career-

School-

Classes-

zOMG!-  

JennySanna

Mystical Fiend

21,475 Points
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Daring Investigator 50

Love Renewed

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:47 pm
I saw classic lit, what about characters from books written after the new millennium? Or after 2010? We could even incorporate it as the younger crowd wanting a 'hip' twist on a old idea. Like how so many youth tend to bring back old styles and old traditions but in a new way, 'their way'. (Brides dancing down the aisle now for example)

Giant Gaian wedding with rooms including the shower, parties, reception, and angry exes or wanna be lovers.

In the time periods one, was it years like 1700s or more like Medieval etc?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:17 pm
Metafiction?
Novel Adventure?

There's an amateur author who is desperately trying to write a novel. They come across a magic pen and an old manuscript that once belong to their famous author grand-parent who went missing for 15 years. They start reading it when suddenly the manuscript begins to glow and the author is sucked into the story. He meets the characters(played by the hosts) in the story (It can be one big story, multiple different stories, or multiple stories connected together no matter how many rooms we have). They learned that their grand-parent is being held capture by the story's top villain. Also, finds out that anything they writes becomes real in this world. All the characters no matter their roles in the/their stories tries to motivate the author to finish their story/stories. Some want to generally help the author, other's just want to fulfill their own desires (making their quests easier,becoming Mary Sues and Gary Stus, etc). The young author along the way tries to improve the errors in the story and save the grand-parent.

Thought process overload.... emotion_facepalm  

TheMainCharacter1

Unleashed Humorist

27,415 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Gaian 50

aucosu

Crew

Familiar Conventioneer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:20 pm
TheMainCharacter1
Metafiction?

There's an amateur author who is desperately trying to write a novel. They come across a magic pen and an old manuscript that once belong to their famous author grand-parent who went missing for 15 years. They start reading it when suddenly the manuscript begins to glow and the author is sucked into the story. He meets the characters(played by the hosts) in the story (It can be one big story, multiple different stories, or multiple stories connected together no matter how many rooms we have). They learned that their grand-parent is being held capture by the story's top villain. Also, finds out that anything they writes becomes real in this world. All the characters no matter their roles in the/their stories tries to motivate the author to finish their story/stories. Some want to generally help the author, other's just want to fulfill their own desires (making their quests easier,becoming Mary Sues and Gary Stus, etc). The young author along the way tries to improve the errors in the story and save the grand-parent.

10/10 YES I especially love the part where some characters want to become gary/mary stus lol
What would the guests be then tho? Just npcs who're trying to advise the mc, or regular gaians who were sucked into the manuscript along with the mc? We already did that this year though >.>

What if manuscript has been found, and some government agency recruited the ball-goers to figure out what's going on inside? Then the goal for the guests could be 'assist the mc, figure out what is going on, come back out safely'? So the announcement could be like: "Figure out the mystery of the manuscript", instead of only the main thread being about the apocalypse, and the rest in another setting altogether. The entire forum could be utilized to tell an amazing story!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:33 pm

I see a lot of people suggest things that are still in copyright. Is that an issue? Because I know running events off line you cannot use anything that is in copyright. Does that apply to this event?

(Curious because I may or may not have suggestions based upon the answer...)

AugureyRiddle

Irregular Genius

AugureyRiddle

Irregular Genius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:06 pm
TheMainCharacter1
Metafiction?

Mushyung
10/10 YES I especially love the part where some characters want to become gary/mary stus lol
What would the guests be then tho? Just npcs who're trying to advise the mc, or regular gaians who were sucked into the manuscript along with the mc? We already did that this year though >.>

What if manuscript has been found, and some government agency recruited the ball-goers to figure out what's going on inside? Then the goal for the guests could be 'assist the mc, figure out what is going on, come back out safely'? So the announcement could be like: "Figure out the mystery of the manuscript", instead of only the main thread being about the apocalypse, and the rest in another setting altogether. The entire forum could be utilized to tell an amazing story!

THIS IS SUCH A COOL IDEA WITH SO MUCH WE COULD DO WITH IT.

Honestly, having the Gaians be 'recruited' to figure out the mystery would be so cool and an interesting way for interaction. People who aren't in the planning guild could easily fit they're own roleplays in the forums into the story as well. And we could always do what the NPCs kind of have started doing and go into forums and interact with people in their own forums as well as our characters. (Though that would be a lot more work for the next ball, but on the upside it might get people more excited about the ball and get them excited about planning and working with us for the year after. Maybe?)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:32 pm
ZoieAmandaSaxon

I see a lot of people suggest things that are still in copyright. Is that an issue? Because I know running events off line you cannot use anything that is in copyright. Does that apply to this event?

It depends, like fandoms are okay to write about. Writing sub stories for Harry Potter and Monster High aren't infringement if they're fan fiction. etc  

Love Renewed

AugureyRiddle

Irregular Genius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:53 pm
Love Renewed
ZoieAmandaSaxon

It depends, like fandoms are okay to write about. Writing sub stories for Harry Potter and Monster High aren't infringement if they're fan fiction. etc

See, that's not always true. It usually depends on if you are profiting and how you are profiting. We have avoided copy written material in the past for a reason. I'm just unsure as to what this type of event is classified as.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:20 pm
Mushyung

ZoieAmandaSaxon

THIS IS SUCH A COOL IDEA WITH SO MUCH WE COULD DO WITH IT.

Honestly, having the Gaians be 'recruited' to figure out the mystery would be so cool and an interesting way for interaction. People who aren't in the planning guild could easily fit they're own roleplays in the forums into the story as well. And we could always do what the NPCs kind of have started doing and go into forums and interact with people in their own forums as well as our characters. (Though that would be a lot more work for the next ball, but on the upside it might get people more excited about the ball and get them excited about planning and working with us for the year after. Maybe?)

Author is hosting an open house for guests and fans at his grandparent's home to celebrity his writing. That is when the author finds the pen, manuscript, and where everyone get's sucked into the unfinished manuscript.

I was thinking that this type of situation gives people a chance to make fun cliche troupes used in writing but it might not work out. Even though I think it will be fun and creative I'm not sure this will be consider a simple broad theme...  

TheMainCharacter1

Unleashed Humorist

27,415 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Gaian 50

Brokuto

Antagonistic Rogue

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:30 pm
ZoieAmandaSaxon

DEFs avoiding any sort of copyright infringement. the Classic Lit theme was all books that are no longer copyright... though i, myself, found the theme somewhat boring as i found half the fun of the aurb is creating my character, while with classic lit it was more we already had the character, we just chose from a list.

ALSO fanfiction can still get people in trouble, there are authors that hate it and do try to take people to court for it.  
Locked Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff