Welcome to Gaia! ::

Annual User Run Ball Planning Guild

Back to Guilds

The event planning organisation for the AURB! 

Tags: aurb, annual ball, ball, user run, event 

Reply Locked Threads
Theme Inspirations Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mishi Tanaka

Eternal Trickster

16,025 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:39 pm
Enchanted Rainforest

"The Fairy Monarch of the enchanted rainforest is throwing a grand banquet to celebrate the blooming of the Cyrilla Flower, a rare, one-of-a-kind plant that blooms once every thousand years, giving new life to the magical forest. Will the flower be able to bloom in peace, or will the rumors that it can grant eternal life get the better of someone...?"

Thread for posting things that relate to the theme to give inspiration for avatar, area, and plot creation. Such things would include photos or the rainforest, rainforest creatures, links to lore, and mythological creatures that would be in the rainforest.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:46 pm
Movies set in Rainforests

- Furn Gully - Jungle Book - Congo - Rio 2 - Madagascar -

Some Avatar Ideas

1. Phoenix & India ispired 2. Tiger Beast 3. Toxic Fairy 4. Dark Warrior
User Image User Image User ImageUser Image

Amazon Warriors

1 2 3 4 5 6* 7 8 9

*Shows nipples for anyone offended by seeing nipples in artwork.  

Mishi Tanaka

Eternal Trickster

16,025 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Love Renewed

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:49 am
Garden Fae would fit under rainforest, as would most Fae including Sprites and Wood Nymphs. Which have me excited as I have a lot of rpcs that fall into those races. Elves of most nations coming together to celebrate with the Fae. A lot of tribes do.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:00 pm
Hmm... perhaps we can incorporate King Arthur's knights seeking the fairies?

Arthur was crowned king by the fairies, so we can try and tie it in.

The flower could be what knights from the round would seek, considering it to be linked to the holy grail.  

The Handsome Mr-X

Handsome Gentleman

27,590 Points
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Attending the Ball 25

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:39 pm
As long as we're not doing the super stereotypical euro-centric forest setting with deer and s**t I'll be happy. It's trope-y bordering on cliché at this point so I think it would be nice to steer clear of that.

Like, give me fae that have green tree frogs/brightly coloured poisonous frogs for pets, that thrive in hot, humid climates, give me fae that take fashion inspiration from tropical birds, all of that s**t, y'know?

The whole point of it being 'Enchanted RAINforest' is because 'Enchanted Forest' is just really ******** boring at this point imo  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:53 pm
The Handsome Mr-X

The flower could be what knights from the round would seek, considering it to be linked to the holy grail.

Mm, no I don't think that would work for this. Knights in heavy plate armour would be basically cooked alive in the humidity of a rainforest, and the horses would have a massive problem traversing the terrain.

Plus like, rainforests were miles upon miles away from England so it would be a p big leap of logic for them to get there (not to mention we want to avoid using IRL locations and history, the ball events are meant to be plausibly found in the setting of Gaia or use portals to facilitate the inter-dimensional stuff).

The idea of the flower being a holy grail of sorts doesn't sound like a bad idea though. There was an anime called Seven Deadly Sins which had a similar concept with a forest that was kept alive by a holy fountain of sorts that could grant immortality, but when it was drunk from the whole forest died off because it was sustained purely on magic.  

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

AugureyRiddle

Irregular Genius

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:03 pm
So can we have Red Eyed Tree Frog characters? And different birds talking?

When I think rain forest I think super colorful birds and poisonous snakes and frogs.

Also is it too political to have a villain trying to burn down the rain forest?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:08 pm
troubled-pasta
The Handsome Mr-X

Mm, no I don't think that would work for this. Knights in heavy plate armour would be basically cooked alive in the humidity of a rainforest, and the horses would have a massive problem traversing the terrain.

Plus like, rainforests were miles upon miles away from England so it would be a p big leap of logic for them to get there (not to mention we want to avoid using IRL locations and history, the ball events are meant to be plausibly found in the setting of Gaia or use portals to facilitate the inter-dimensional stuff).

The idea of the flower being a holy grail of sorts doesn't sound like a bad idea though. There was an anime called Seven Deadly Sins which had a similar concept with a forest that was kept alive by a holy fountain of sorts that could grant immortality, but when it was drunk from the whole forest died off because it was sustained purely on magic.

Yeah, that does make my idea dead in the water. Anything I'd have to say would be invalid since we're talking about the world of Gaia. And I don't know any knightly orders in Gaia history.

XD

Wait.. dude!. While I was typing that I just thought up a knightly order in Gaia! The Checkmate folks!

We can have them adjust their gear to traverse the rainforest, and even follow some locals. Be it fairy or people who believe in fairies.

If we cna't use King Aruther, we can say a party of Rooks, Knights, Bishops, and/or Pawns were investigating the flower.

Yeah I watched Nanatsu no Taizai/Seven Deadly Sins, it was good and I didn't even think of it in that way. I was going for a more Fate/Stay Night or Zero approach.  

The Handsome Mr-X

Handsome Gentleman

27,590 Points
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Attending the Ball 25

The Handsome Mr-X

Handsome Gentleman

27,590 Points
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:11 pm
AugureyRiddle

When I think rain forest I think super colorful birds and poisonous snakes and frogs.

KEEP CALM.
AND SAY, "YES, MY LORD!".

Well they did reference Ferngully in the start post,

which lumberjackers (folks cuttin' down trees), released a spirit of sorts that wanted to destroy the forest

so it might work out.

Attendees could work with the fairies to seal the entity or make it change its ways.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:41 pm
someone have a pet Cassowary 10/10 worth it

i would ride one into battle  

Brokuto

Antagonistic Rogue

AugureyRiddle

Irregular Genius

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:06 pm
The Handsome Mr-X

KEEP CALM.

which lumberjackers (folks cuttin' down trees), released a spirit of sorts that wanted to destroy the forest

so it might work out.

Attendees could work with the fairies to seal the entity or make it change its ways.

Yesss... I like this idea. Both fairies and the rain forest animals. {I've only seen Ferngully like twice and both times were before 2000 so I'm a bit iffy on the actual plot... I just remember the bat.}

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:06 pm
AugureyRiddle
The Handsome Mr-X

KEEP CALM.

so it might work out.

Yesss... I like this idea. Both fairies and the rain forest animals. {I've only seen Ferngully like twice and both times were before 2000 so I'm a bit iffy on the actual plot... I just remember the bat.}

Everyone that's watched it I'm sure remembers Batty, very fun character.  

Mishi Tanaka

Eternal Trickster

16,025 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hellraiser 500

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:35 pm
The Handsome Mr-X
Yeah, that does make my idea dead in the water. Anything I'd have to say would be invalid since we're talking about the world of Gaia. And I don't know any knightly orders in Gaia history.

XD

Wait.. dude!. While I was typing that I just thought up a knightly order in Gaia! The Checkmate folks!

We can have them adjust their gear to traverse the rainforest, and even follow some locals. Be it fairy or people who believe in fairies.

If we cna't use King Aruther, we can say a party of Rooks, Knights, Bishops, and/or Pawns were investigating the flower.

Yeah I watched Nanatsu no Taizai/Seven Deadly Sins, it was good and I didn't even think of it in that way. I was going for a more Fate/Stay Night or Zero approach.

I'm not too sure about the Checkmate folks because that's kinda like, a whole other theme in a way? Like if the ball was about chess or boardgames, they'd fit perfectly, but with a rainforest theme it might be too jarring because Gaia kinda set them up in a way where they're like this self-contained storyline, and people have strong associations with those characters in that storyline. Seeing them outside of that might be a bit weird for people

There are the Barton Knights iirc, with Leon as the Captain, but they're know for being the good guys so going with that group as a whole wouldn't work unless we went with a small faction breaking off and going rogue.

But then again we can always go with 'Generic Mercenary Group A' with a character like Ban at the helm (for example). It doesn't have to be characters explicitly from Gaia, they just need to not be explicitly from Earth. Being a bit nebulous and vague helps in these situations lmao  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:41 pm
AugureyRiddle

I mean yeah it'd be a refreshing change from the usual tinkerbell-esque stuff people are used to, and it would give us a lot more options in terms of avatars for the ball (naga avatars anyone? :3c ).

Given the last theme was all about global warming and that was fairly well received I don't think it would go badly. It would kinda be a conflict of interest for the villain character if there's something in the forest that's rumoured to be extremely valuable though. Even if the flower doesn't actually grant immortality, the rumour that it does would be enough to make people wary of setting the place on fire  

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

aucosu

Crew

Familiar Conventioneer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:15 pm
I hope there are snails in the rainforest.

Would the guests just be invited to the banquet? And where is Gaia in relation to this forest, another dimension or just maybe 10 miles south and 20 miles west lolol?  
Locked Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff