Welcome to Gaia! ::

Annual User Run Ball Planning Guild

Back to Guilds

The event planning organisation for the AURB! 

Tags: aurb, annual ball, ball, user run, event 

Reply Locked Threads
Ball Date Discussion! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Annual Ball
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:29 pm

The official ball date is going to be Friday July 14th - Sunday July 16th

Most people are leaning towards Mid-July for the ball so we will most likely be hosting the event sometime after the 4th of July this year.

Please post below with your suggestions for ball dates!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:33 pm
Maybe go smack bang in the middle and start on the 15th? I have no idea what day that falls on in US timezones but maybe it could work?  

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

AugureyRiddle

Irregular Genius

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:24 pm

If you wanted to try July 15th, we could start on July 14th as the 14th is a Friday. And it could run from Friday through Monday?

The 15th isn't anything special in the USA.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:23 pm
July is when The Gaian Sponsored Nudity Event usually happens. We can do it at the same time, but we may have a lot of naked or mostly naked rpers.  

Love Renewed

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:29 pm
Love Renewed
July is when The Gaian Sponsored Nudity Event usually happens. We can do it at the same time, but we may have a lot of naked or mostly naked rpers.

I mean... Fae aren't really known for wearing clothes right? jk, but yeah idk, july seems like the only time that will really suit and if the nudity event goes all month or w/e then people might just opt to change for the ball anyway  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:31 pm
AugureyRiddle

If you wanted to try July 15th, we could start on July 14th as the 14th is a Friday. And it could run from Friday through Monday?

The 15th isn't anything special in the USA.

Hmm, we could do something like that yeah. I feel like a 4 day ball is just a bit too much though. Three days seems to work and doesn't leave people exhausted at the end of it.

We could do a Game Jam-esque thing where it starts on the friday afternoon and then goes through to sunday afternoon?  

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

AugureyRiddle

Irregular Genius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:09 pm
troubled-pasta
Hmm, we could do something like that yeah. I feel like a 4 day ball is just a bit too much though. Three days seems to work and doesn't leave people exhausted at the end of it.

We could do a Game Jam-esque thing where it starts on the friday afternoon and then goes through to sunday afternoon?

That would probably work? We would probably just have to set a specific hour to end at, right? I couldn't remember the usual length of the ball.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:25 pm
troubled-pasta
Love Renewed

I mean... Fae aren't really known for wearing clothes right? jk, but yeah idk, july seems like the only time that will really suit and if the nudity event goes all month or w/e then people might just opt to change for the ball anyway
Lol, more like Nymphs and Sprites but yeah. TGSNE goes 14 days. The most favored time is the 1st-14th, but it's been other two week periods. They go exact times though so it'll be a 1st or 15th of some month.  

Love Renewed

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:29 pm
AugureyRiddle

That would probably work? We would probably just have to set a specific hour to end at, right? I couldn't remember the usual length of the ball.

The ball has varied a lot over the years but 3 days-ish seems to be the best option for energy vs story. I think having a set time for wrapping up the main plot is a good idea, but I'd want to treat it as a guideline rather than a hard rule, we don't want people to stop having fun bc of arbitrary time limits.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:34 pm
Love Renewed
Lol, more like Nymphs and Sprites but yeah. TGSNE goes 14 days. The most favored time is the 1st-14th, but it's been other two week periods. They go exact times though so it'll be a 1st or 15th of some month.

Hmm... if they're gonna aim for that then i guess aiming to start on the tail-end of the 14th would be a good idea?  

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Love Renewed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:44 pm
troubled-pasta
Love Renewed

Hmm... if they're gonna aim for that then i guess aiming to start on the tail-end of the 14th would be a good idea?
If we don't want to overlap, yes.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:47 pm
troubled-pasta
AugureyRiddle

The ball has varied a lot over the years but 3 days-ish seems to be the best option for energy vs story. I think having a set time for wrapping up the main plot is a good idea, but I'd want to treat it as a guideline rather than a hard rule, we don't want people to stop having fun bc of arbitrary time limits.
*tips post*  

Love Renewed

Annual Ball
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:05 pm

troubled-pasta

Brokuto

TheMainCharacter1

Mishi Tanaka

Mushyung

Madame Mae

JennySanna

Love Renewed

Violet the Maestro

AugureyRiddle

Spindlen

Monster Goo

Valkyrie Aryn

ArtAppreciationist

The Handsome Mr-X

PinkieKitty

MalteseAutoKat

Legendary Inari

Your Iron Lung

General Mizuki

tiamat the ticklish

Sinammon

TheFearsomeJabberwock

Xeari the Great

miIkbox

thenugget777

Anonypanda

Macen Bakuna Allambee

jingrui

Does everyone think June 15th would be a good date to start the AURB?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:11 pm
I will be out of state. But I hope you all have fun.  

Love Renewed

aucosu

Crew

Familiar Conventioneer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:27 pm
I don't know what I'll be doing at that time
But school would be over so!
Sounds ok!  
Locked Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff