View Results

ScarredRavens

Dapper Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:17 pm
Having your thesis argued by someone else who not only argued it better but managed to avoid getting overly emotional. Such a funsatic feeling. I had to leave my class after that one.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:35 pm
what was your thesis about?  

sgt.Frosty

ScarredRavens

Dapper Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:38 pm
sgt.Frosty
That Aktion T4 (The Nazi Euthanasia program) lead to the death camps.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:46 pm
ScarredRavens
sgt.Frosty

that's quite a subject for a thesis. Also, I didn't know that ones thesis could be argued against like that. I always saw them as a very long and involved presentation depending on the degree.  

sgt.Frosty

ScarredRavens

Dapper Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:58 pm
sgt.Frosty
ScarredRavens
sgt.Frosty

that's quite a subject for a thesis. Also, I didn't know that ones thesis could be argued against like that. I always saw them as a very long and involved presentation depending on the degree.
sorry I meant thesis as in a paper thesis not a degree thesis. Someone did a similar topic to mine and i just lost it.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:03 pm
ScarredRavens
sgt.Frosty
ScarredRavens
sgt.Frosty

sorry I meant thesis as in a paper thesis not a degree thesis. Someone did a similar topic to mine and i just lost it.

ah I see. most of the time whenever I write a paper, ive never had any competition, there was always enough topics for everyone. also I'm damn good at writing papers.  

sgt.Frosty

ScarredRavens

Dapper Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:06 pm
sgt.Frosty
ScarredRavens
sgt.Frosty
ScarredRavens
sgt.Frosty

ah I see. most of the time whenever I write a paper, ive never had any competition, there was always enough topics for everyone. also I'm damn good at writing papers.
I'm usually okay at them, but at the time I wrote up mine up I was going through some heavy stuff and the subject is deeply emotional.... that just made it worse. emotion_facepalm and seeing someone being able to argue my thesis calmly and effectively... and better... that really hurt. It made me realize how much my real life has effected my school work and how I can't explain truly what was bothering me because its too late to say anything. I feel like s**t frosty.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:10 am
ScarredRavens
sgt.Frosty
ScarredRavens
sgt.Frosty
ScarredRavens
sgt.Frosty

I'm usually okay at them, but at the time I wrote up mine up I was going through some heavy stuff and the subject is deeply emotional.... that just made it worse. emotion_facepalm and seeing someone being able to argue my thesis calmly and effectively... and better... that really hurt. It made me realize how much my real life has effected my school work and how I can't explain truly what was bothering me because its too late to say anything. I feel like s**t frosty.

i'm sorry to hear that this is going so roughly for you. recently at work a couple weeks ago I actually broke down and started crying because of the frustration I was dealing with one of my professors, it was along the lines of showing her a project before it was due, it took me a long time to do. she said it was fine, but then on the due date after showing it to the entire class, she said it was wrong, making me look like an idiot. even after I told her that she said it was fine but she insisted I was wrong.

but did your prof. ask if you are ok? don't think its too late to explain your self if you feel it is necessary. I'm also thinking it is somewhat unfair for someone being expected to write something they find to be a sensitive subject that can be argued about.  

sgt.Frosty

ScarredRavens

Dapper Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:00 pm
sgt.Frosty
ScarredRavens
sgt.Frosty
ScarredRavens
sgt.Frosty

i'm sorry to hear that this is going so roughly for you. recently at work a couple weeks ago I actually broke down and started crying because of the frustration I was dealing with one of my professors, it was along the lines of showing her a project before it was due, it took me a long time to do. she said it was fine, but then on the due date after showing it to the entire class, she said it was wrong, making me look like an idiot. even after I told her that she said it was fine but she insisted I was wrong.

but did your prof. ask if you are ok? don't think its too late to explain your self if you feel it is necessary. I'm also thinking it is somewhat unfair for someone being expected to write something they find to be a sensitive subject that can be argued about.
They did kind of ask but nothing directly. I explained some of what was going on. But barely any of it. I didn't explain that I was on the verge of suicide. That week was I wrote it I was inches away from killing myself. I don't know how to explain that I was suicidal when I was writing it... and saying it a month later makes it seem like an excuse.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:19 pm
ScarredRavens
sgt.Frosty
ScarredRavens
sgt.Frosty
ScarredRavens
sgt.Frosty

They did kind of ask but nothing directly. I explained some of what was going on. But barely any of it. I didn't explain that I was on the verge of suicide. That week was I wrote it I was inches away from killing myself. I don't know how to explain that I was suicidal when I was writing it... and saying it a month later makes it seem like an excuse.

have you tried talking to anybody or finding an outlet for any stress you may have? and don't think if you explain any amount of time after the fact its an excuse, if a prof. simply dismisses it as such, just go to a department head. they would not have any right to handle what you are going through lightly.  

sgt.Frosty

ScarredRavens

Dapper Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:20 pm
sgt.Frosty
ScarredRavens
sgt.Frosty
ScarredRavens
sgt.Frosty

have you tried talking to anybody or finding an outlet for any stress you may have? and don't think if you explain any amount of time after the fact its an excuse, if a prof. simply dismisses it as such, just go to a department head. they would not have any right to handle what you are going through lightly.
I have been to consuling since then, but the thing is the prof is the chair of the dept.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:35 pm
ScarredRavens
sgt.Frosty
ScarredRavens
sgt.Frosty
ScarredRavens
sgt.Frosty

I have been to consuling since then, but the thing is the prof is the chair of the dept.

then go to the dean(I have a very cynical and objective approach to professors who don't act "professional" or at least don't adhere to some basics). also that's good to hear.  

sgt.Frosty

ScarredRavens

Dapper Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:40 pm
sgt.Frosty
ScarredRavens
sgt.Frosty
ScarredRavens
sgt.Frosty

then go to the dean(I have a very cynical and objective approach to professors who don't act "professional" or at least don't adhere to some basics). also that's good to hear.
I should.. and I will. Thank you Frosty. I'll tell her the truth when I see her next.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:45 pm
ScarredRavens
sgt.Frosty
ScarredRavens
sgt.Frosty
ScarredRavens
sgt.Frosty

I should.. and I will. Thank you Frosty. I'll tell her the truth when I see her next.

just make sure you get a feel of how the prof. is from the class first, and to at least give them a chance with talking to them.

one of the things that tears me up inside is that fact that if only one person complains about a prof. its not a big deal unless its an absolutely heinous subject, but if you get at least a small group you have some ground to stand on.  

sgt.Frosty

ScarredRavens

Dapper Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:46 pm
sgt.Frosty
ScarredRavens
sgt.Frosty
ScarredRavens
sgt.Frosty

just make sure you get a feel of how the prof. is from the class first, and to at least give them a chance with talking to them.

one of the things that tears me up inside is that fact that if only one person complains about a prof. its not a big deal unless its an absolutely heinous subject, but if you get at least a small group you have some ground to stand on.
I know her really well which is why I struggled to tell her anything.. I respect her too much.  
Spam Central

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff