Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:44 pm
Packing everything seemed to take forever but waiting for the morning of their trip took infinitely longer, and when the day finally arrived Abel was eager to head out. He'd already packed everything he would need, all that was left was to pack up all his pokemon, toss all their things into the car, gather up his two best friends and bring them all to the dock to board the boat that'd take them to Sinnoh.

Originally he'd intended to visit in mid-summer but then the altercation with Taliesen had happened, and Abel had thought they'd need to post-pone the trip - or worse, cancel it - but that hadn't turned out to be the case. It was late spring, nearly summer - the end of May - and much earlier than he'd originally planned to go... not that he'd ever complain. No, he never would. He was more excited than anything, although that excitement was frequently tempered by the constant concern over his boyfriend's well-being, even if he had been getting better over time; thus Abel spent the majority of their day-long trip at sea worrying and making sure Zevran was okay, and had everything he needed. Taavi would be fine on his own, Abel knew; especially when a variety of ocean-dwelling pokemon seemed to enjoy following alongside the ship or jumping out beside it.

Late the next morning saw them finally docking in Sunyshore, its scenery much different now than the last time they'd visited; there was no snow to be seen anywhere, instead colorful flowers dotted the raised streets while people milled about in light, comfortable clothes due to the warmer spring temperatures. It didn't take long to grab all their things and head up to the deck, and in only a few short minutes they found themselves at the bottom of the gangplank standing atop one of Sunyshore's docks. "Alright, everyone has everything, yeah?" He asked, glancing between Taavi, Zevran and Sonia plus whichever pokemon his two best friends had out with them. Sonia, for her part, was carrying one of the bags so Abel had one less thing to carry. He was fairly sure they had grabbed everything, but this was the last opportunity to fetch something one of them forgot.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:51 pm
Taavi had been excited pretty much since Abel had mentioned the trip and as they reached the bottom of the gangplank he grinned broadly, though he was too busy looking around to look at his two friends. "Yep!" he said cheerfully, jerking the big backpack he had slung over his shoulders for emphasis. "Do you see your mom? She's meeting us here right?" He couldn't wait to see the ranch again!

There was nothing to be nervous of. Who cared what any of Abel's family thought of him anyway?

No matter how much he told himself this Zevran knew that the sick feeling in his stomach couldn't be entirely blamed on exhaustion from the trip and the pain from his chest. He'd stopped taking the meds now, he hadn't wanted Abel to need to buy more. At the bottom of the gangplank he leaned on the crutch he still had for balance and support and looked around sharply, tried to focus. You always had to be alert in the crowd, you never knew who was around. "Uh, you have my bag?" he asked Abel a little distractedly.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:03 pm
Taavi's excitement was practically tangible with how much it radiated off him, and Abel beamed at him as he slipped an arm around Zevran's waist, his other hand adjusting the pair of straps on his other shoulders; one bag was his, one Zevran's. "Seen as we only just got off I haven't seen her yet, no; but yes to the other two questions. Mom's meeting us here and yeah I have your bag sweetheart, and I think since that's everything we should probably go find her, yeah? Or else she'll come find us first," he finished with a chuckle. Not that that was a bad thing really, but he didn't want to inconvenience her too badly. She did drive a ways out to come pick them up, after all.

Before that though he leaned in to press a soft kiss to his boyfriend's temple. "You doing okay so far?"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:16 pm
Zevran smiled at Abel but he allowed the expression to look just a little strained as he said; "Yes, thank you; a little tired but fine." He knew that Abel would pick up on it if he lied completely and so saying he was and seeming nearly fine was smarter. Truthfully he was exhausted, he had hardly slept in in unfamiliar cabin with its uncomfortable bed. Everything hurt and he wasn't entirely sure of how far he could walk but he would make it far enough. He had to make it far enough.

"There's no rush right?" Taavi said with a smile back at Zev; he looked a little pale and he was skinny but he'd looked a bit pale and skinny ever since he'd come back from hospital. At least he was smiling! "I can go find her if you guys want? And come back? Or, the car park is that way right?" Taavi gestured off to the side a bit and shrugged. "I don't mind!"

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:48 pm
"Ah, alright," he said with a brief nod as he glanced over his boyfriend. A little tired but fine, eh? He didn't believe that for a moment but he wasn't about to say as much, not in front of Taavi nor in the middle of a crowd of strangers. If he wanted to be fine at the moment then he was fine. Abel gave him a gentle squeeze and a warm smile before he nodded to Taavi, "Yeah the parking lot isn't that far away, and I'm guessing she parked somewhere close by. If she didn't then I'm sure she wouldn't mind driving the car closer to pick us up."

With that said he began walking in the direction Taavi had gestured, going slowly and offering his love support along the way should he need it. Luckily for Zevran though only a minute or two passed before a rather plump woman around his height with light blonde hair and bright, clear blue eyes like the sunny skies above them sidestepped a small handful of people to intercept the trio with arms outspread and an eager, bright smile on her face. "There's my boys! How was the trip? It wasn't too bad, was it?" She asked as she stepped forward to greet them properly - which meant throw her arms around her son's neck while he wrapped his free arm around her gladly in return, though his other arm remained around Zevran's waist in case he needed him - before she stepped back to offer Taavi a grin and a hug. "Taavi, you look wonderful! How's work been? And your pokemon?"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:59 pm
There she was! "Joanna! Heeey!" Taavi grinned and returned the hug tightly. "Thank you, we're all good! We've been training hard, working hard, so we've been looking forward to having a break! And to seeing you guys and the ranch again of course."

Abruptly Zevran felt as out of place here as a pole dancer at a six year old's birthday party. Family was happening.

He had declined to lean on Abel as they walked over, and now he pulled away from the arm his boyfriend had looped around his waist. He smiled though, because this was fine. Of course it was fine. He knew Joanna. They had emailed back and forward a lot, though he had not contacted her since....

He didn't know how to deal with this. He didn't want to deal with this. Coming here had been a mistake. What was he going to do if she hugged him? She was looking at Abel like he was- he was-

And even Taavi, her expression was just...

How was he supposed to deal with this?

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:21 pm
"That's good to hear!" Joanna replied brightly as she tightened her hug since his was so enthusiastic. "Ahh it's good to see you again! We've been looking forward to you all visiting too, and I know Daniel's eager for you to come help out on the ranch again."

With her hellos to Taavi complete Joanna pulled away and turned to Zevran. Her bright, perceptive blue eyes swept over him once in the span of a scant half a second and her energetic demeanor subdued, a warm smile replacing the broad grin that had been there for her son and his best friend. Instead of a hug she held her hands out to him in a welcoming gesture; he could move in for a hug, he could merely shake her hand, or he could do neither, whichever he felt most comfortable with. Joanna was not about to pressure him into anything. "It's good to finally meet you in person Zevran," she said gently and with the confidence of one who'd said the foreign name more than enough times to feel comfortable with its pronunciation, "and to have someone I don't have to strain my neck to look at properly! How was the trip for you? It wasn't too tiring, was it?"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:49 am
"Always happy to help!" Taavi replied cheerfully; coming here wasn't any more restful than work, but a change was a good as a rest when the change involved hanging out with pokemon and getting to fix stuff.

He was a bit surprised when Joanna didn't hug Zev, she'd hugged him when they'd first met and she hadn't been emailing him about food for a few months! Maybe she was just worried about hurting him? That was probably it.

Now that she hadn't hugged him Zevran wasn't sure what to do about that either but fortunately his body took over from his floundering brain; he reached out to take Joanna's hand and bent a little to kiss the back of it. "Joanna, enchante!" He straightened up again with a mischievous smile and relinquished her hand as he continued; "I am travel sized, most convenient. It was quite a tiring trip, and not a very comfortable cabin, but it was certainly worth it to meet you face to face."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:45 pm
Zevran reacted in none of the ways she expected, and that was perfectly fine with her. Joanna's smile brightened and retained its warmth, and she couldn't help but chuckle a little at his words or his manner, or perhaps both. "Ah, that does sound convenient! And I don't think ships are too comfortable either, not like being at home or somewhere familiar is, so that's understandable. Hopefully you'll feel comfortable enough at the ranch. On that note, is everyone ready to go?" As she asked this she turned her head a bit to regard Abel and Taavi while Sonia received a fond scratch behind the ears. "If you have all your things you lot can just wait on the sidewalk while I pull the car up, okay?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:54 pm
"I'm good to go, but I'll come with you so I can call shotgun?" Taavi replied with what he thought was a cheeky wink to Joanna, but really it was probably more silly and sweet than cheeky. Anyway he did want to ride up front, he felt less carsick that way and he thought that Abel and Zev would probably rather sit together in the back so everyone won right?

Zevran nodded his agreement with Joanna's sentiment on ships. "I would rather have had a hammock, they're rather comfortable, but being at sea is still not as exciting as it is cracked up to be. I feel that pirate movies have lifted my expectations far too high; we were out there for a whole day and not a bit of swashbuckling to be seen, nor a single giant whirlpool." Zevran sighed in a defeated manner, shook his head, and then brightened again. "But we are here now! If you wouldn't mind bringing the car around I would appreciate it." He had already said he was tired, there was no harm in admitting he'd rather not walk to the car.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:45 pm
"Well come on then," Joanna said with a light laugh as she gestured for Taavi to follow her, then paused mid-step. "You come on too Sonia, you don't need to keep carrying that." And with that she turned and headed towards what Taavi would find a familiar navy blue vehicle with the dark-type trotting along behind her.

As they departed across the lot Abel peered down at his boyfriend, a soft smile on his face. "You doing okay so far?" He asked before tentatively slipping an arm around his waist again. Zev hadn't wanted it there a couple minutes ago, perhaps he'd want it there now though? If not that was okay, so long as his love knew he was there for him.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:59 pm
"Great!" Taavi followed along with Joanna, passing a little smalltalk as they reached the car and he stowed his bag in the trunk.

When Abel put his arm around his waist again Zevran gave a soft contented sigh and leaned into him a little. "Yes, so far," he said honestly enough, though he kept scanning the crowd rather than looking up at Abel. "She seems as she does by email, only moreso. It is... a little strange, I confess. Not bad, but strange. I am not sure how to..." He shrugged. "But being charming will work until I am sure, yes?" As defence mechanisms went he felt it was quite a good one.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:04 pm
Ah, it seemed Zev didn't really know what to think or how to react to his mom, and was that really all that strange? Zevran had never had family before - or at least not any kind of family that cared about him without any kinds of strings attached or conditions that needed to be met - and so meeting members of one such family was probably a little unnerving. Abel leaned down a bit to plant a kiss atop his boyfriend's head. "It's just different, yeah? And you're always charming, though I know what you mean. You don't have to play it up or anything though, just relax. Mom wants you to be able to relax while you're here, plus the clean air will be good for you." As nice as it was to live in a city, he couldn't argue that the air wasn't exactly the cleanest.

Once Taavi's and Sonia's bags were in the car and Taavi had opted to fly to the ranch on Valour rather than sit in the car with them for the lengthy drive, Joanna pulled the navy blue vehicle around to park in front of both Abel and Zev. A loud click! emanated from the doors as the locks released, and Abel reached over to open the door to the back seat for Zevran. "Thanks Mom," he said as he moved around to open the truck to add two more bags to the rest already there, then shut it again and went back to aid Zevran in getting in if he needed the help to do so.

"My pleasure!" She said brightly, watching them with a smile while Sonia sat beside her in the front seat. "Let me know if you need any help with anything dear, or if you want me to stop somewhere and pick up something for lunch on the way, okay?"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:12 pm
"Different," Zevran agreed, "but perhaps I shall get used to it? I have almost got used to you caring for me for my own sake without," he gestured vaguely, "you know. Requirements? Expectations."

As the car pulled up beside them Zevran gave Abel's waist a squeeze before parting from him, and then easing himself into the car as the door was opened for him. "You lost Taavi?" he asked with a smirk instead of immediately answering her question. "Did he see an exciting pokemon and run towards the horizon? And I am not hungry thank you, I am quite content just to go. Abel?"

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:11 pm
Different yes, though he hoped it was a good different. It probably was but it'd be good to hear it for himself. Regardless he waited for Zev to get in before taking his crutch and shutting the door for him, opening the trunk to deposit the crutch, then circled round the car to get in on the other side to sit next to him in the back. Or, well, next to him barring the space in the middle for a nonexistent third person, at any rate.

Joanna chuckled a bit again. "I did! I told him he could fly to the ranch if he wanted, since I've heard he doesn't much care for cars. As you can probably guess he didn't mind the suggestion!"

"I guess not," Abel said with a chuckle as he clicked his seatbelt into place, then shook his head. "And I'm not hungry just yet, thanks though. I'll probably be fine until we get home."

"Alright," his mother said with an easy smile as she guided the car through the parking lot and out onto the city streets.

Once they started driving Abel aimed a soft smile over at his boyfriend as his hand slid across the seat to find Zevran's. "We'll be in the car for a while. D'you want to lie down and nap 'til we get there, or would you rather sit and look out the windows?"

Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff