Welcome to Gaia! ::

My Little Phony

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Phonyland! 8D 

Tags: phony, phonies, phonyland, unicorn, pegasus 

Reply Administrative Archives | Where Old Threads Die
X'MAS 2014 Circe's Trials: Multi-week Contest Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
elvyralani rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

elvyralani

Fashionable Rabbit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:58 pm
8. The last ray of sunlight of the setting sun: FAILURE /b]  
elvyralani rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:59 pm
9. Top of the line cellphone: SUCCESS  

elvyralani

Fashionable Rabbit

elvyralani rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)

elvyralani

Fashionable Rabbit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:01 pm
10. A jar of stars: FAILURE  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:11 pm
Round 2: An Adventure

“Yes. Yes that is what I think you are.” Despite the worried feeling I have in my gut, I remained composed and gave a slight chuckle whenever she laughed. Shape-shifter, sea-witch or what not, this creature was beautiful from her head to her visible tail fin that comes above water once in a while. “A hero huh? You’re being modest. Look at me, I’m just a commoner,” I replied, spinning myself around in a full circle for her to take a good look at me. “I can, however, do my best. I will embark on this daring journey and try to bring back ten treasures as requested by you, m’lady.” And off I went in search for treasure without knowing what I can actually find on land and at the bottom of the ocean…

It felt like I have been gone for days. My muscles ached, got bruises all over, and my hair became untamed. Would anyone be patient enough to wait this long? The answer appeared in front of me as I walked back toward the place where her and I first met. There she was, waiting in the waters, still charming as ever. Like she was part of a fairytale.

“Uh.. Yeah.. You.. want to see what I found?” I asked, and showed off what I have brought back with me. It wasn't much, but I tried to keep her being interested in me...

1. [ Blue Ribbon ]: SUCCESS
[ As I was walking along the coastline, a happy couple was taking a stroll in under the sunny weather and the wind blew the gal's blue ribbon away and onto a tree branch. I waited to see if she was going to get it back but they just left it there. Too in love to care. So I threw some rocks at the tree and I caught the blue ribbon in my hands as it fell. ]

2. [ Bottle of Fireflies ]: FAILURE
[ At night, I went to the swamp and caught a bunch of fireflies in a bottle. Stupid me, I forgot to poke some holes through the lid. They suffocated to death. ]

3. [ Lens of Truth ]: FAILURE
[ I thought that being able to know the truth would come in handy for a beautiful lady like you, but stupid me. I was too clumsy and dropped it on the floor. The lens hit the rocks and shattered to pieces. ]

4. [ Music Box ]: FAILURE
[ I found a music box in the attic but while I was playing the tune out on the streets. A little girl wouldn't stop crying and I played the music for her. She liked it so much it was hard for me to walk away as she stared at me with teary eyes. I gave it away. ]

5. [ Silver Fork ]: SUCCESS
[ This silver fork, far too large for even myself, was nabbed from a table full of drunken giants. I figured that since they're drunk and have been using their hands to eat, they wouldn't notice a fork missing from the table. Who ever heard of giants counting their silverware when having a feast? ]

6. [ An Elf’s Sword ]: FAILURE
[ I almost succeeded in trying to get you an elf's sword, but I accidentally sneezed out loud and was instantly surrounded by their entire clan. My face turned sheepishly red and I handed the sword back to Legolas. ]

7. [ Harry Potter’s Wand ]: FAILURE
[ You see these bruises all over my body? I fought Harry Potter and lost the duel. Forget the rumours. He really is a powerful wizard! That guy never goes anywhere without his wand. ]

8. [ Dragon Egg ]: FAILURE
[ Just when I thought I could steal this one dragon egg away from the nest. the parents came back and used flamethrower on me. Man those Charizards are Adamant in nature. ]

9. [ Dragon Scale ]: FAILURE
[ When the coast was clear, I thought I could take a dragon scale away from Barney. When I got close, I realized that the purple dragon had NO SCALES at all. He woke up and sang I LOVE YOU YOU LOVE ME for hours before he finally let me go on with my quest to find you treasures... ]

10. [ Golden Birdcage ]: SUCCESS
[ Rumours have it that King Midas could turn anything he touches into gold. Midas Touch is what they say. I didn't believe and had to see it for myself. I went to his golden castle and presented him with a simple silver birdcage. He touched it and the birdcage turned from plain silver into GOLD. I am a believer now. ]

Every time you see SUCCESS, this is what really happened.  

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
FrostyPeaches rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:15 pm
1. [ Blue Ribbon ]: SUCCESS  
FrostyPeaches rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:16 pm
2. [ Bottle of Fireflies ]: FAILURE  

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
FrostyPeaches rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:17 pm
3. [ Lens of Truth ]: FAILURE  
FrostyPeaches rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:18 pm
4. [ Music Box ]: FAILURE  

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
FrostyPeaches rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:19 pm
5. [ Silver Fork ]: SUCCESS  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:20 pm
6. [ An Elf’s Sword ]: FAILURE  

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
FrostyPeaches rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:21 pm
7. [ Harry Potter’s Wand ]: FAILURE  
FrostyPeaches rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:22 pm
8. [ Dragon Egg ]: FAILURE  

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:23 pm
9. [ Dragon Scale ]: FAILURE  
FrostyPeaches rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:24 pm
10. [ Golden Birdcage ]: SUCCESS  

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:46 pm
"You are exactly who I have been looking for," I finish, forcing myself to stop wringing my hands nervously, "Yes, that is exactly who I think you are. And if you are anything anyone has ever said about you, you will give me what I came here for."

The sea-witch grins, "Well, my hero, we shall see if you are as resourceful as you are eloquent."

I nod, determination, fear and excitement bubbling inside of me like a volcano ready to explode as I am given my quest. Too nervous to speak, I simply nod again and leave the room quickly. I needed stories and pretties to go with them. I knew exactly where I had to go.

1. Songbird Broach: SUCCESS
I place the shiny pin before her, watching her eyes glitter at its gleam. It was old, tarnished, but the clever phony knew it held a story. So, I told it. "A old man in a wheelchair gave it to me after telling me the story of how he met his late wife. It was hers. You see, there was this great boat and..."

2. Weathered Old Coin: SUCCESS
I turn the old coin in my hands, feeling a bit guilty about taking it. "There is a little fountain there, where the residents toss in coins in exchange for wishes. I waited all day to hear one good enough for you." I hold it up to the light so she can see, "He was a sailor who lost his arm in battle. He misses the sea. His wish was..."

3. Daughter's Hair Ribbon: SUCCESS
The silk is so soft between my fingers, I almost can't let it go. Hesitantly, I reach up and fix the spring-green ribbon into her mane. "A tiny old lady gave this to me. She said I reminded her of her of her daughter and..."

4. Silver Locket: SUCCESS
The locket snapped shut, hiding the faded black and white photo of a beautiful young woman long since past. "This belonged to a veteran. The picture inside isn't his mother, or wife, or anyone he knew. The locket belonged to his best friend, he spent his whole life trying to find..."

5. Signed Baseball Card: SUCCESS
The little bit of cardboard felt heavy in my hands as I showed it to her. "This one was given to me by a younger man. He was visiting his father for the first time in years, had this, his dad's favorite player, signed and everything. But he was too late, his dad had..."

6. Charm Bracelet: SUCCESS
The silver charms jingle against one another as I hold the bracelet up to the light. "This belonged to a girl who died in a fire many years ago. Her old mother gave it to me, along with a story for every charm. Ballet slippers, an apple, a boat..."

7. Worry Stone: SUCCESS
The stone is smooth and warm beneath my fingers as I twirl it this way and that. I haven't been able to stop touching it since the old man handed it to me. "He was alone. No family, no friends, failing health. Nothing but this stone. He was had been homeless once, and some stranger had dropped it in his cup instead of..."

8. Bobby Pin: FAILURE
I twirl the small pin in my deft fingers. "Not everyone wanted to share. This was all the old lady gave me. Told me to leave her alone, just like every one else."

9. Lucky Pendant: SUCCESS
The pendant was a cross made of gold, tarnished and well worn. "She was a nurse in the war, surrounded by death and the dying. She was so afraid. Every night, she fell asleep clutching this pendant, praying..."

10. Gum Wrapper: FAILURE
I chewed quietly, tossing the shiny wrapper to her hooves. "Some people would rather take their stories to the grave, I guess."

Administrative Archives | Where Old Threads Die

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff