Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:28 am
"Things are too complicated," the blond agreed with another tired sigh. Poor Zev... "I hope he'll be okay. I mean I know he's safe there, they're there to help him but he... I don't have to tell you how scared he was, you were there." It was extremely obvious how anxious and afraid he was, and having to leave him like that broke his heart. Maybe they'd let him stay overnight tomorrow...? He could hope. Maybe.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:36 am
Taavi smiled unhappily and nodded. "The heart rate monitor was a bit of a giveaway. I guess I'd be anxious if I were him too. Hopefully he'll calm down quickly and go back to sleep, that'd be ideal. Maybe he can have a phone when he moves to general? At least you could text then." He didn't know what the rules on that were, just that they weren't allowed in the ICU. "And we'll bring him lots of stuff to do tomorrow, so if he feels better sleeping while you're there he can be awake at night but with plenty to distract him."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:47 pm
"Yeah... Hopefully he'll get some sleep tonight," Abel said, though the way he'd said it hinted that he didn't think Zevran would actually sleep much. How could he recover if he was too stressed and afraid and didn't sleep much? It'd only take him longer -- and maybe they'd make him stay here longer too. It was like some awful, vicious circle and he hated it. "I really hope he can have his phone in the general ward." As he spoke he broke off half of his breadstick and set it on a napkin for Isaac to nibble on. "They should move him tomorrow morning I'd wager, since they didn't move him there tonight. Mmh.. I don't know what kind of things to bring him though... Maybe I can just ask him tomorrow and make a quick trip out somewhere later or something. And that's a good point; if he can't sleep at night, which I kind of doubt he will, he can at least sleep during the day when I'm there. He needs to sleep."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:56 pm
"Mmfh, lots of it," Taavi mumbled a little indistinctly around some breadstick. He then swallowed and added; "Sorry, rude. I guess I don't really know what kind of hobby stuff he's into, we're usually too busy hanging out - and eating - for kind of solo things to come up. Uh, but yeah, how about we go tomorrow and if we find out what stuff he'd like I can grab it on my way to work and send Valour back to meet you with it? I know you're not going to want to leave at all once you're there." Especially now he was worried again and felt worse about leaving than he had before. Taavi sighed again and broke off another bit of breadstick with his fingers. "It just doesn't seem fair, you know?" None of it was fair but it was still happening.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:53 am
Abel waved away his brother's apology as he polished off the remainder of his breadstick. When he finished he frowned thoughtfully for a few moments, nibbling his lower lip, before he shrugged. "I don't know if it's a hobby per se but he seems pretty good at drawing from what little I've seen, I wonder if he'd like a sketch pad and some colored pencils or something... I wonder if he'd like a book or two to read too, though I'm not sure what kind... Maybe some steamy Spanish romance novel," he half-suggested, half-jested with an easy shrug. With Zevran's terribly flirtatious demeanor, that was the only genre he could guess with any kind of confidence. "Asking him tomorrow is probably a good idea, yeah. I'd appreciate it because... well, yeah. I'm not gonna want to leave," he affirmed with a small, wistful smile. "I'm willing to bet he won't want me to, either."

As he took another breadstick he frowned thoughtfully again over it, then shook his head. "No, it doesn't seem fair at all. I wish I could stay... But if nothing else I hope he can use his phone to text or call me if he wants to, maybe that'd help him a little bit, at least." Would it though? He really had no idea.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:54 pm
"Oh boy, I can imagine!" Taavi gave a much more genuine smile and shook his head. "He'd read bits of it out. Probably do voices too. And gestures. Might give the nurses a good laugh!" Talking had seemed like hard work for Zev though - well duh, he did have a tube in his chest - so maybe he wouldn't do too much of the reading aloud. This really sucked. Everything had seemed so much better when he'd woken up, it was definitely better than out cold with a tube in his throat and a machine breathing for him, but now that relief was passed... Yeah, it sucked.

"I'm sure being in contact would help," Taavi continued after a brief pause. "You could video chat maybe too?" And Abel would get almost no sleep but hey, he wasn't getting a whole lot right now anyway. "He'll be home soon." It didn't feel like it right now but he would, and then... Then he'd be home and that would be good.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:54 pm
"Oh he absolutely would, no question," the blond agreed with a brief chuckle and less-than-brief grin, "especially the gestures." Not that he'd really have the energy or the breath to do so much if at all... poor guy. Ugh, why did things have to turn out this way? Why had it had to happen at all? Why couldn't the Crows have just stayed in Antiva?

Thankfully he had something else to shift his attention to, and he nodded his head to it. "Yeah, I think being able to text or call me whenever he wanted to would help him out a lot, because right now he... can't. Mmh, video chatting could work too." He paused to take a bite of his breadstick, then when he'd swallowed it and took a sip of his drink he nodded again, a bit less enthused this time. "Yeah, I know he will. I'm a little worried about him not getting enough sleep, like... what if that slows down his healing, and he has to stay there longer than he would if he slept and rested enough?"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:11 pm
"Yeah, heh, good teacher," Taavi said, and mimicked the eloquent gestured Zev had made earlier. "But, yeah, um, maybe they'll give him some kind of sleep aid if it is a problem? They must have stuff like that, and be used to people being anxious? They'll be able to deal with it I'm sure." It made sense that they would have that stuff, be used to it, that everything would be fine, but that didn't stop him from worrying and he didn't think it would stop Abel either. If everything actually was okay tonight though maybe they could both worry a bit less tomorrow.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:37 pm
Abel chuckled again and shook his head. "Exactly. Mmh, I hope they do. They must, right?" Hopefully they would. He'd be fine. Everything would be fine in the morning. With that thought firmly in mind, Abel took another bite of his breadstick.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff