Welcome to Gaia! ::

The missing chapters

Back to Guilds

an Rp guild for stories that are unfinished. 

Tags: Pure_T0rture, love, Roleplay, romance, fantasy 

Reply one on ones
The Hidden Gate Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dantes_river
Crew

Headstrong Bookworm

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:10 am
Pure T0rture
Translation: If you think English is hard, you do not want to see what I see.

The blood that runs within my veins,
The blood that runs within my veins!
keeps me from ever ending up the same.
Ending up the same!

The fire that's pushing me on and on and on,
On and on and on!
to me it's everything and it makes me ******** strong.
Love me or hate me;

Nodding slightly in response to the demoness, the fire demon glanced up at the roof she was talking about only to tense a bit when a hand touched his shoulder. "Sorry for disappointing you in satisfying your curiosity. I'll try, but no promises. The rules to this place are as confusing as Veda's scribbles," he responded honestly. Hefting Desiré up by the back of the shirt just to set a hand under her feet, Sedynn made a swift spin just to put more momentum in his tossing her onto the roof. As soon as she'd land on the roof, the giant mass charging towards them made contact with him making him vanish entirely, the only sign of him ever standing there being scorches of footprints already fading away.

Smiling back at the demoness, Nitanï tossed the water bottle up into the air before spinning the trident around rather swiftly in his hands and over his shoulders. Catching the bottle again whilst keeping the trident set over his shoulders, he raised a brow. "Tridents, lass. Tridents and harpoons are what I'm best with, but they're really only the most useful underwater where I spend a lot of time... Uh... If the beacon's gone, why're we still in the city?"

"Makes sense. Quills are a bird thing so I figured it was something to do with those since it's the only real difference between our wings other than size and my ability to pull mine out of my back as a weapon, but I wasn't sure if that was too. I've never heard of a bat getting their wings clipped much less the bird demons from our gate," Jedah responded rather calmly. It was then followed by a soft snicker, a rather unusual sound to come from the bat demon, at the mention of random massive earthquake or large spouts of lava. "This game would have to understand the mind of its players in order to divert their attention elsewhere. That's all it does. It's like a massive ever-changing puzzle constantly shifting to make the game a challenge. In order for it to be a challenge, it has to know its players and what may be a challenge for you, might not be for us. Example: your wings and leg hinder your mobility without the use of false things whereas I don't need that. Even better, I know this city like the back of my hand. Either way, Nitanï said he was actually extremely intelligent, but for some reason or another, he gave up trying. Everything became too much of an effort for him. I didn't think he was serious and yet..." As if something had clicked, his calm became anger in the blink of an eye just for him to break down into a mass of bats that snatched up Jezebeth and shot off to where Lymbo's and Adra's presence had vanished. A smaller mass went after Desiré as if to fetch her.

Scratching behind his ear ever so briefly, the gravitational demon gave a yawn before responding with, "then quit acting like it. I could end the whole being called Lazy a** Lymbo at any time, but I really don't care enough to let it get to me. That's your problem. You're all so sensitive." It was then he gave a brief silent laugh at how the fire bird demon squawked at having been lifted up so suddenly. Soon enough, however, the mass smacked right into the crow, or more like absorbed him into a massive bedroom that just screamed comfort and relaxation... And small children. Lymbo had merely snatched himself into it just to remain floating in the air of said room. "Game over... And I try so people leave me alone, but whatever. Hey, Jed. Jez."

It should've taken him by surprise, would've taken anyone by surprise, and yet Lymbo had just glanced over at the mass of bats reforming together as Jedah with his wing-scythe already in hand and pressing harder and harder against what was apparently a strong gravitational repellent that was sparking the harder the bat demon pushed against it. After a few more seconds, he started swinging the weapon harder and faster at the gravitational demon with the blade pulsing a blood red. "Get out! Get out. Get out. Get. Out!"

"Hm. This is the first time you've ever gotten this hostile. What's your deal with this room? This city in general?"

"
Obviously annoyed by Jedah's avoiding the question, Lymbo made a slight flick of his finger to make the bat demon fly backwards and into a wall. Glancing back at the avian duo, he set his cheek against his fist. "You think it's personal? I think it's personal. I wonder why he doesn't want us in here..."

-----

"إذا كنت تعتقد أن اللغة الإنجليزية هي صعبة، وكنت لا ترغب في أن ترى ما أرى," Veda responded curtly before tapping near his eyes slightly. Turning his gaze back towards the candy house, he nodded slightly before rocking back on his heels and lacing his fingers together behind his back. Perem would definitely hate to be him and yet a part of him wished he could be more like the little sand child. "Some, or most to be more accurate, would get ill from eating so much candy. There are a few who can eat it like no tomorrow all the way up until they have a strong overdose of sugar that gives 'em a stroke and yet never do. Chestra loves sweets, for example, and everyone in our gate practically spoiled him rotten so he'd get tons of candy that wouldn't last long. An even funnier fact is that while he eats so much of it, his activity usually only involves a fight. Sedynn carries him around on his back all the time instead of making him walk like most. That would also be bad for ones health, but he's perfectly healthy."

The thought of that silly demon king always getting his way by pouting and just being himself made him laugh softly. "Mm... Some just find it refreshing like a breath of crisp fresh air and others tend to like the fact that it can cover bad breath. Everyone has their own point of view, the way they perceive the world around them, and we must come to understand that they might disagree with you on things," he smiled ever so faintly before glancing off in the direction of the room the rest of the group was in last. It was there, the panic and anger of his brother. He'd only gotten this way once before and it was in that city. Why would they be there though, he wondered. Turning his gaze back to the boy, he gave a soft chuckle at his statement of weird tastes and questions about the witch. Such a curious one this boy. He could recall his brother being curious like this in their earliest years and the curiosity even the older boys were still experiencing. "Well, again, starvation will make you eat just about anything given the opportunity which could, just as equally, make you sick. Same goes for dehydration. As for the witch, this one eats people though it prefers children for its youth. Only witches of the dark arts would try to extend their lives and maintain their youth that way though. Either way, only witches of the dark arts would kill people as witches of the light focus more on plant life albeit they'll occasionally use small animals. I-I'm sorry. I'm not giving very helpful answers, am I?"

-----

Giving the woman a nod, Gabriel gently curled his fingers into hers before briefly glancing off to where Orpheus had chased Synestra. What was that guy's deal? "It would be best if we did check into that. If we can't find anyone, we'll just have to find a way to get around their abilities. I suppose it is better to find out now rather than later though," he murmured in agreement before frowning slightly. Now that supposedly imagined glare was bothering him along with these new details. "I know it's a little off-topic, but has Syn been acting weird to you? He seems distant and reluctant to join us as he usually does. When he does come along, it's like he's begrudgingly doing so. Is it just me?"

The dark angel raised a brow slightly as Orpheus shook his head and stated he'd wanted to make sure he was alright. Really? That was his excuse? "Talk," he echoed a little more hollowly than he'd intended. Talk? About what? His feelings? He gave reports about battles and suggestions on tactical warfare, not discuss feelings. And what'd he mean by upset by more than the current situation? Frustration and irritation should be a normal signal from him by now. Giving a soft chuckle, he shook his head slightly before setting a hand to his forehead. "Heh. That's an amusing notion. Me? Talk? About what? I don't have much to say about, well, anything other than battle. Guess that's just the warmonger in me." Damnit. There was that malicious sarcasm once again. Why was he feeling so angry? So hurt? That jester... "Sorry... I didn't mean for it to come out that way. When I open my mouth, the words I want to say don't come out and are replaced with something negative and sarcastic... Just-just go back to them. I just want to be alone right now..."

I walk alone!
Been called a monster, called a demon, called a freak.
Called a freak!
I'm not an idol, not an angel, not a saint.
I'm not a saint!

I walk alone, I always have, I'm not ashamed.
Not ashamed!
A living nightmare from the cradle to the grave.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:32 pm
Dantes_river
So, fun fact of the day: I orriginally made Orpheus so he could be killed by Desire. =D

Would you mind if I hurt you?
Understand that I need to
Wish that I had other choices
than to harm the one I love

What have you done now?!

I know I'd better stop trying
You know that there's no denying
I won't show mercy on you now

xxxxx“It’s not gone, it moved. There must have been something inside the thing it was riding on. It’s somewhere in there,” Serenity drawled, looking around for a moment before shaking her head. “I can’t feel my sister anymore either, so she must be in there.” She mumbled, tail coming up to hold the gun as her hands came up to tug on her pony tail. “Can you feel that? Sedynn’s fire? Is no one here controlling their powers?” she asked with a frown, one hand going face up with a fire in hand. Turning slowly, she smiled to herself when the small ember grew larger. “We should be able to find him with this...”

Blinking when she was pulled along by a group of bats, Desire squeaked when she was tugged through something into another area. Hearing screaming, the blonde focused in on Jedah yelling at the others and sighed softly. “Jedah, we can’t leave until the game is over. The beacon is right over there so if you grab it, this will end. I get that you’re upset but please work with me on this one,” She chimed, managing a level of maturity that astounded even herself, let alone the two crow demons who were left speechless.

“The game doesn’t end until someone actually puts their hand in the light,” Adra breathed, nudging Lymbo with his elbow before shoving a hand in his pocket as he looked around the room briefly. It seemed cozy. “The sooner you get the beacon the faster this is over,” he added, flame colored eyes on the bat demon.

~~~~~

“You’re answering them just fine,” the child shrugged, swinging his legs as he looked around at the images they’d made to go along with the story. Poking his hand through the sand, he smiled softly and pulled it away, finger dripping with the substance. Glancing to the door for a moment, he blinked. “The other kids are fighting again...” he mumbled softly, sand particles shifting around for a minute before a large mandabled creature stood in front of them, covered head to toe in metal armor. “They’re fighting these things....” he mumbled, tipping his head to the side.

~~~~

“No, I’ve noticed it too,” Grace mumbled softly, shoulders drooping as she looked at him. She wanted desperately to explain it to him, ask for his help. Get advice. But Syn had seemed so concerned about what they thought. “I talked to him about it a little... it’s... complicated.... and I don’t know how much of it is mine to talk about,” she breathed, tucking some hair behind her ear as she drew slow circles in the dirt with her foot.

“Sorry, but I can’t just leave you like this,” Orpheus insisted, crossing his arms. “If you don’t want to talk about it, would a spar make you feel better? You always seem to feel better after a fight,” he chimed softly, tucking his hands behind his back. He was fairly persistent, when he had to be, and if it came down to it, he wouldn’t be ashamed of using his music to persuade the other.

I know, should stop believing
I know, there's no retrieving
It's over now, what have you done?

What have you done now?!

I, I've been waiting for someone like you
But now you are slipping away... oh
Why, why does fate make us suffer?
There's a curse between us, between me and you

Pure T0rture
Captain

Colorful Fairy

Dantes_river
Crew

Headstrong Bookworm

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:32 am
Pure T0rture
Ooh.
Fun fact: Nitanï learned how to fight from his sister, Nalænï, who was a nurse shark three years older than him. She loved dance so she incorporated it into her combative style and thus, Nitanï's close quarters combative style is a much more graceful version of hers.

Side Note: The way Synestra's addressing Orpheus with his hand is the military way such as a drill sergeant to a cadet. I don't know how else to explain it.

My military brat is showing. ;P

Ending up the same!

On and on and on!
Love me or hate me;

"So it was in that movin' thingamajig. Jedah's gonna be pissed albeit he's dragged Des and Jez with him. Pfft! That rhymed. Sorry, sorry," Nitanï started off seriously before starting to laugh at how he'd worded his sentence. After apologizing, however, his brow raised at Serenity. She was joking, right? Well, she hadn't ever really been around them long... "Lass, that is restrained. This 'ere be the restraint versions of the restraint versions of themselves. They're still playin' around if anythin' albeit Dynn's startin' to wig out bein' away from Ches. You'd know when they're not playin' around anymore. Sedynn obviously got rid o' yer sister so he wouldn't hurt her. Chestra's likely tryin' not to hurt Eury whilst fightin' the voices. Ah. Right. Y'all don't know 'bout that too... Either way, let's go recover the volcano 'fore he goes all Vesuvius on the city and gets snatched up. He's such a dink."

The massive beast that'd made Sedynn vanish from before Desiré was nearing Chestra and Eurynome's general location when it collapsed, the side of its body jerking outwards a bit every now and then only for it to explode like a volcano that just happened to give birth to the molten magma in the shape of a young man. Letting his heat shift back down to more tolerable levels, only slightly more tolerable unfortunately, the fire demon climbed out just to start his trek towards his king. Alright. So he entirely pulled the wool over the girl's eyes by saying that him taking on the beast was a sacrifice needed to end the game and get them out of this city, but the truth was far more simple and selfish: he was starting to freak out and with his panic, he was losing the hold on his own flames which just irritated him and made it worse.

What had started off as walking then turned into a sprint down the streets with darker scorch marks in the shape of feet and higher flames being left behind. As his feet carried him through the massive horde, a massive fire broke out and only started a chain reaction from there. The rotting ones, however, merely turned to ash instead of touching him, just so he could catch Chestra around the waist... And slide backwards several feet because of it. Reunited, the fire demon pulled the smaller demon close to him and seemed to snuggle him like he was a teddy bear, and he, the child. This just got Chestra to laugh a bit as he gently set a hand on the back of Sedynn's head and wrapped the other around the back of his neck. There was no need for words between them after all this time, just simple motions such as a hug. Like Sedynn, the demon king had started his descent into his version of a panic attack in the midst of battle which had simply caused more destruction than was truly necessary, and this simple hug merely eased all of the panic and fears in both of them almost instantaneously. It was just how the duo was, how they'd always be, in life: dependent on each other.

"Upset? I'm not upset. I'm cross, irate, vexed, indignant, irked, incensed, choleric, livid, apoplectic. In your terms, that means I'm hot under the collar, fit to be tied, bent out of shape, and just plain out pissed off," Jedah growled as his wing-scythe stopped flickering in color, the weapon now staying the deep blood red. Unfortunately, Lymbo didn't seem to feel like releasing him from the wall the more he struggled against it. "And don't you dare utter such rubbish about being incapable of leaving until the game's over with. You can leave this room the same way you came in; through that door. The more you test my patience, Lymbo, the pissier I'm gonna get."

"You're breaking through the seals the elder kids put on you, Jedah, so just chill. And you seriously need to stop using the ten cent words. It makes people feel stupid. I think he's just referring to the room, by the way. How one's supposed to know that some magically traversing room in the midst of a self-regenerating city filled with guardians you can't ever find is off limits, however, I don't quite know," Lymbo yawned while briefly shifting onto his side in midair. At the bat snapping something in what sounded like random syllables pasted together, the gravitational demon shook his head slightly just to be nudged by Adramalech. Really? They were just going to stand around and make him do all the work? Sighing heavily, he finally lowered himself back to the ground and started shuffling over to the beacon. What the heck was it even on? Squinting at the object on the bed, he turned back towards Jedah with a furrowed brow then glanced back towards the object and then back at the bat. It all made sense now. Lifting the objects instead of touching it and the beacon on it, he moved it over to Jedah just to release him from the wall. "It's all yours."

It took Jedah entirely off guard, his murderous red coloration returning to their usual blacks and greys, but he quickly snatched the item into his arms. As the beacon vanished, it exposed the item was actually two items, specifically two stuffed dolls looking like Jedah and Veda. Keeping them close to his chest, his wing-scythe left on the floor, he swiftly moved over to Lymbo and kicked him in the shin just to move around him. It seemed kind of - what was that terminology again? - sad seeing Jedah sit on the bed with the dolls, but he wasn't going to ask questions nor react to the childish kick to his leg. No. This moment, however fleeting it was, held sentimental value of some kind to the youngest male.

Though it was so soft one could miss it easily, there seemed to be a hum coming from the bat as he fidgeted with the arms of the dolls. He was such a bad liar. So what kind of reward would Jedah get, he wondered. His happiest times were with his brother around and trying to make Veda some friends seemed to be his only real goal in life. One of these guardians being Veda's best friend? That was a laugh. A visit from his parents, perhaps? No... Something seemed off about such a thought... "What happened here?" He didn't realize it was his own voice until several long seconds of seeing Jedah stiffen.

"None of your business... Like I told Jezebeth before, this game can't give me something I'd like as a reward for winning as it's beyond its ability..."

~~~~~

Well that was a relief. He wasn't confusing the poor boy with his type of chatter, or what was more like Jedah's version of chatter. At the boy mentioning the older kids fighting and showed what exactly they were, Veda began fidgeting with the bottom of his dual colored shirt. "I know," he murmured softly before passing his hand through the image to turn it back to sand. Shaking off a bit of sand that lingered, he smiled at the younger male. "Do you think I'm evil? That I'm... Freakishly scary?"

~~~~~

Tipping his head slightly to the side when Grace said she'd spoken with the darker angel about it, Gabriel watched her seeming to try piecing her words together ever so hesitantly. Complicated? Not sure how much was actually hers to say? What could possibly- "Oh... That's... Hm... We may need to make him sit down with us so we can talk about this without all the secrecy. He's always been this way, y'know. He gets even the slightest flicker of something new, he runs from it," he started off slow, hesitant to speak his thoughts. Life itself was a die of infinite sides, each side more complex than the last, and only the Lord knew which paths, which sides, they would encounter through it. After a moment or two, he was trying to lighten the mood back up with a brief mention of Synestra's habits since they first met him. New things, especially emotions, seemed to be the only real thing that scared him... Other than that weird jester kid. Lord only knew how they'd face that in the midst of a battle. Shaking off the thought, he leaned over and brushed a gentle kiss to her forehead. "Don't stress about it too much, Grace. We'll figure this out and settle what issues have risen between us. I do believe the three of us made a pact about staying together through everything after all."

Narrowing his eyes at Orpheus's insistence, Synestra raised a hand to chest level, thumb the only finger down, he set it against the other man's chest. "I'm only going to say this once so listen real close, alright? Leave. Me. Alone. I'm not going to spar with you nor am I going to talk to you about anything. It's not that I don't like you, but more along the lines of I just don't like my personal space invaded on when I want to be left alone, whether it be external or not," he started to warn the other before his dark blue-violet eyes turned away and his hand dropped back down to his side. "Go, Orpheus. I won't tell you this nicely again..."

I walk alone!
Called a freak!
I'm not a saint!

Not ashamed!

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:27 pm
Dantes_river
Translation for Eury: game's over

What have you done now?!

xxxxxAs Jedah sat holding the items designated as the beacon, a flash of light pulsed out from the objects in a wave that spread across the whole city. Left in Jedah's hands was a round crystal that looked similar to quartz, a small scroll tied to it with a piece of twine. Written in scrawling cursive on the parchment were the words "Private Pocket Dimension for use by Jedah", followed by some basic instructions on how to activate it so he could enter and exit, as well as how to invite others inside or send them there.

As the pulse continued its stretch across the city, the outer edges began turning a fading black, making Serenity's hands drop. "c'mon, we gotta hurry. If they get caught before the game closes, we're screwed," she mumbled, bursting into a run that left scorch marks on the ground.

Seeing the fire demon tackle Chestra to the ground, the middle crow prince shifted his head slightly and leaned against the weapon he'd borrowed. "Ya koza's aewabbi" he drawled, eyes a deep black as he shifted his head towards the approaching pulse of light. "Be prepared to return to the human world," he sighed, shoulders relaxing slowly as he tugged his hood back up over his face, smiling at how they seemed to care about one another.

Glancing over to Adra, desire went on her toes and blinked. "What happened to your wing, crowbaby?" she asked, poking at the makeshift bandage only to have him slap her hand.

"I landed wrong when we were split up is all. Had to spend the first minute patching it up before we could do anything," the crow frowned, letting out a long puff of smoke in the blonde's face before feeling like ice was running down his back at another voice. "And what is that in your mouth?" He was caught red handed. "uh.... lolipop stick?" "liar." s**t s**t s**t nope. he knew that tone. Annnd there was his brother right in his face all of a sudden. "Jez, cool it. It's not like they can kill me or anything i'm practically impervi-" he stopped when his brother pulled the cigarette from his mouth and crushed it up, frowning deeply as he stomped away from his eldest brother.

--------

"I'm not really sure what to make of you, honestly. The powers you displayed to the angels and during the fight have me curious, but you haven't done anything towards me that raises a red flag so I'm kinda still watching. It's the same for everyone else," he mumbled, watching the sand on the table for a moment as it swirled briefly and then collected into his cape. Looking up at Veda, he smiled softly and tugged his cape back on. "It doesn't help I keep expecting to wake up back on the streets and for this to have all been someone else's dream that I entered."

---------

"how do you expect to get him to sit with us when he's trying to run from his problems?" she asked, immediately covering her mouth as she bit her lip. That was too much. Looking at her feet, the brunette blinked as she felt him kiss her forehead. Looking up, she nodded and smiled softly. "yeah... you're right. Let' just take this one step at a time..." she sighed, a calm smile sliding onto her face.

"Alright alright I won't bug you about it anymore," the younger angel chirped, hands going up in defense at seeing Synestra so mad. Turning to leave, the angel paused and facepalmed. "can uh... can you point me back to the town? I'm going to help the humans rebuild that church the kid destroyed...." he mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck. He had the directional sense of a drunk fly.

What have you done now?!

Pure T0rture
Captain

Colorful Fairy

Dantes_river
Crew

Headstrong Bookworm

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:40 am
Pure T0rture
Bump

Ending up the same!

On and on and on!
Love me or hate me;

Skimming his eyes over the little instruction manual, the bat demon made a bat crawl partially out of his chest and take the orb into its mouth then crawl back into his chest. Lighting the tiny scroll of parchment up in a blue flame, Jedah took a deep breath before glancing over his shoulder at the group behind him. Though his face didn't show it, Lymbo still held an air of curiosity with the heavier air of confusion. Idiot was still trying to figure out why words escaped him when he usually just shrugged things off. And then there was some animosity about Adramalech's lollipop stick making him shift his attention towards him. Wow. The crow had angered his brother over a stick.

Ignoring the fact that Desiré had called Adramalech crowbaby, Lymbo gave a yawn before slowly following after Jezebeth. "Yep. Nap time. I've invested too much energy into today and I'm in need of a good rest," he muttered whilst picking at the ivory cloth making up the vest-like shirt the partial exposure the city had given him. Truthfully, he was expecting the blonde girl - Desiré, was it? - to stop him yet again. Well, that or him having to break up another fight.

Nodding in agreement with the demoness, Nitanï took off at a sprint behind her and there he remained. The fact that he was keeping up with her was what some would consider astonishing for a fish demon, but it was always normal for him. His sister trained him on land and in sea, or lake in their case, specifically for the just in case scenarios that required physical combat and/or activities. Chasing after Chestra was part of that training and it was why he could run so swiftly. Unfortunately, the running on land was going to take its toll sooner rather than later. If he started drying out past the point of animalistic cannibalism, you could bet he was going to hit the ground hard and he wasn't going to get up for a long while even if fully submerged again. He could survive on land for extended periods of time due to rain, water bottles, fountains, etc., but without any of that, he wouldn't last any longer than a human without water.

Letting go of his general, Chestra wriggled a bit to get out of the hug before glancing at the destruction around the trio. "Wow. Dynn-Dynn, your anxieties wiped out the rest of the critters, or wounded them to the point they're having troubles moving. You did restrain yourself, right," he hummed oh so casually though his eyes were now opened and looking towards the sky as if expecting something to show up.

"Yeah. Well yours wound up leaving small craters in the ground and holes in walls. And I did restrain myself! I just kinda sorta started a wildfire enroute here after incinerating the insides of that mammoth that tried to eat Desiré and me, and that's the results of it. Besides, who's the one needing to be restrained at the moment. When your anxieties kick in, you lose track on how much strength you're putting into your hits. Look at all the damage that wasn't from my fire," Sedynn started a little hesitantly as he scratched the back of his neck. Glancing around nervously, however, he realized that it was mostly broken things compared to the black scorch marks, ashes and remnants of fire. It was then he turned to scolding the demon king whom puffed up his cheeks in defiance of being scolded. Sighing heavily, he ruffled Chestra's hair before giving a slight wave at Eurynome. "Yeah, it's over. I took a giant a** critter to the face to make sure Desiré could get to the beacon without me wounding her. If'n ya can't tell by how I look kinda like molten lava, I'm not exactly... Safe to touch at the moment. Desiré will likely find the minor burns on her shirt and shoes at a later time 'cause I tossed her onto the rooftops. Either way, it's more than likely that something will be singed or worse by touching my skin."

"Just look at my shirt! I got a few holes in it now."

"Oops. Yeah. We'll see if Arachnea can fix that when we get back to the gate," Sedynn muttered as Chestra wriggled his fingers through the small holes that had gotten started in his shirt. He really needed to get that under control before he barbecued the poor little king like a rack of baby back ribs.

------------

Smiling lightly at the answer given, Veda gave a slight nod as if accepting it without question. It was a suitable answer after all. First impressions were important, yes, but only time could tell the true nature of those around oneself. "Well, I'm glad you're staying neutral until you get to know us better. My brother may seem snippy and uptight, but he's actually a very kind individual and rather sensitive. He puts on a brave front and acts all prim and proper in front of people, but he only does it because I can't really do much myself. People get scared when they so much as see me passing by so I avoid them as much as possible. If you were to see that side of me, you might not like me anymore. As for this being a dream, you don't have to worry about that," he told the boy rather gently before carefully drawing out a symbol in the air and leaving a glowing light in its place. When finished, he tapped near his eyes as if signaling something. "You'd know it was a dream by this circle being lit up in my eyes. It's called Ebula Crypt and it allows me to peer into the dreams, the memories themselves, of others. Sometimes I can see through the eyes of others in the waking world too. I've seen you before, or more like watched you I suppose, but I do strongly believe that all of these trials you have faced, that you will have to face, will make you a much stronger man in time. You just have to be careful, to be aware of all things around you, and know all of your limits. Don't just go running off half-cocked, alrighty?"

-----------

"That's a pretty good question actually. The concept of talking to him about the deeper interior workings he has is simple, but putting it into play is going to be a challenge. Syn is kind of difficult to work with outside of battle. We'll think of something, I'm sure. For now, perhaps we should lend the humans a helping hand what with the damage done nearby. Perhaps we can even fix up this field a bit. Your little spat with the demon kids before you called on me wound up getting a tad out of hand it seems. The fire part is obvious, but the tunneling I wouldn't expect unless they were a volcanic type of fire demon or an Earth demon. Would you say the fire one was of a volcanic origin or if perhaps one of the other kids was of an Earth-based origin? Syn didn't quite say much on them other than the one you spoke with was an extraterrestrial sort, the tiny one with his eyes closed had an unnatural strength as his energy just absorbed what other energy was around him, one was a fish, one self-combusted and the jester unnerved him," Gabriel chuckled at first before becoming serious once more as he lowered himself to the ground and shifted a bit of black grass to the side. Poor plants. They hadn't done anything to deserve being scorched like this. There was much that needed to be fixed, both in town and out here in the field. He'd have left it as a random wildfire, but this area wasn't dry enough for that at the moment.

When Orpheus opted to back off, Synestra gave a curt nod as if he was somewhat pleased by the other being smart enough to realize that the dark angel wasn't joking about hurting him if his patience on this topic was tested. When he stopped and face palmed at realizing he was lost, however, Synestra repeated the motion himself. Idiot. He took back the comment of him being smart. Orpheus wouldn't ever find his head if it wasn't already attached. "You are a moron, Orpheus, and I'm trying to be genuinely nice about saying that. I'll take you back there so long as you keep your word on burying the hatchet. Dig it back up and I'll bury it in your skull," he sighed heavily before flying over to him and grabbing the collar of his shirt. Without really caring if he responded, much less if Orpheus opposed being dragged through the sky, Synestra moved onwards through the sky with the other in tow. "Tuck in your wings. I'm faster."

I walk alone!
Called a freak!
I'm not a saint!

Not ashamed!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:15 am
Dantes_river
sorry this took so long >.>;;

What have you done now?!

xxxxxGlancing over at Lymbo, Desire tugged a hand through her hair and shrugged. “Alright. I’ve got a quiet spot you can sleep in. I’ve dragged you around a lot today,” she murmured softly, hands falling to her waist as she looked over to Jezabeth and Adra. “Oh for the love of God!” she snapped, smacking both of them upside the head, earning a dual yelp from the brothers. “Jez, he’s not going to listen to you about it. You tell him no, he’ll just go right back to it. And Adra. You should at least take your brothers words into consideration. You don’t know for sure what the magic on your skin will actually do for your health. It may extend your life, but that could just mean extended suffering because you choose to inhale toxins like those. Either way, this is neither the time nor the place for such an argument.” She hissed, pushing the two apart after having pulled them in close to scold them.

Rubbing the spot on his head where he’d been smacked, the eldest crow’s wings twitched slowly and he frowned deeply, opening his mouth to interject before something in Desire’s gaze stopped him and he nodded. “Fine then. If he wants to gamble with it, let him.” The prince frowned and walked off to the edge of the room. “How long until we’re back?”

“Should be about a minute? I think. This place is messing with even the basic elements of the game,” Adra mumbled, trailing his fingers across the markings on the other hand. “I don’t imagine it being too much longer, though.”

Scratching at his head, the middle crow watched the king and his general in silence, eyes shifting around as buildings began to fade out. “If you need it, I’m sure the girls probably can find something until your clothes are repaired,” he chimed, looking back at the younger demons as a flash of blonde hair came spinning around the corner, with a fish not far behind, surprisingly. “Why’d you come back?”

“Wanted to make sure the fireball didn’t get stuck in a place we couldn’t get to,” the demoness chirped as she stopped short, having to catch herself mid-air. Brushing hair out of her face, she smiled awkwardly at them and shrugged. “I get worried, and with all the short fuses something is bound to go off,” she murmured, hands behind her back.

~~

Nodding softly, the child settled the book on the table and shifted in his seat. Ebula crypt. The sand says it’s just one of the few things you’re able to do....” he mumbled, eyes shifting to the side as a whirlwind of sand sprouted next to him. “I dunno... sometimes the sand lies.... or maybe I’m just not understanding what it tells me...” he mumbled, hands curling into fists as the structures around them fell away, leaving them back in the library. “I’m still learning my abilities. Still trying to grasp this in between realm. All I am and all I do is half-cocked until I know more.”

~~

“It was hard to tell, they were wearing disguises, but the one fire child did seem to have a habit for tunneling, the other was more avian. There was the child we were originally chasing too, who was able to turn the whole church to sand. I’m not quite sure about the abilities of some of the others, it seemed like they were only giving us a portion of their power....” Grace murmured, tapping her fingers against her thigh as she looked at the damage they’d all done to the field. “I feel bad, though, causing such problems for the humans like this...” and for letting my tongue get the best of me during the fight. She finished in her head, hoping privately that she wouldn’t do it again when they tried to talk with Syn later.

“heh, yeah I’m kinda an airhead, sorry. Thanks for helping me, though I really appreciate it,” the musician chirped, angling his wings to hold him up but create less drag. “If I tuck in my wings I’ll just be added weight, wouldn’t it work better for me to do this?” he asked, trying to be helpful at least a little.

What have you done now?!

Pure T0rture
Captain

Colorful Fairy

Dantes_river
Crew

Headstrong Bookworm

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:33 am
Pure T0rture
It's alright. I just figured you didn't get the notification... Plus the word choice was bothering me. =

Ending up the same!

On and on and on!
Love me or hate me;

"I'm good! This isn't the first time it's happened and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I don't really like shirts, but I wear them for the sake of others," Chestra responded with a dismissive wave. At seeing Serenity and Nitanï running up, he gave a soft sigh before stepping past the female and holding up his arm. After the fish demon ran into it and hit the ground, he pulled a little spray bottle out of his pocket only to start spritzing him down in water. "Bad, fishie. We don't eat our friends. Sorry, 'Ren. He seems to have been drying out faster than usual and was getting that look in his eye."

"Stop squeezin' the dang trigger already! I'm good, I'm good," the fish demon responded to the king still spritzing him. Once he finally stopped, Nitanï frowned and wiped a finned hand over his face. "Ya just coat racked me, laddie, an' it hurt like a mother flipper."

"Then control your cannibalism, stupid. We wouldn't have to do that if you didn't keep going into that weird state of wanting to eat everything in front of you when you start drying out," Sedynn sighed heavily as he picked Chestra back up and swung him around to where his hands hooked over his shoulders and the balls of his feet rested against the small of his back. "And what's that supposed to mean, Serenity? I have a longer fuse on my temper than on my separation anxiety anyways. Besides, Chestra's more likely to get snatched than I am and that's 'cause he gets a little overzealous with burning off energy plus his own separation anxiety."

It was sudden, perhaps too sudden, but the lazy demon shifted his eyes in a slight glare at the blonde female from behind his own fair hair currently covering most of his face due to the minor amount of his demonic form peeking through the human one. "Are you dying?" The question was so calmly and bluntly spoken that it was hard to tell if he was serious or not.

Jedah, on the other hand, was remaining silent with his gaze directed towards the ground. It was obvious he still didn't want to talk about anything that had happened even now that they were heading back. In all truth, he just wanted to go hug Veda whom likely felt what he was feeling. His brother always seemed to know how he was feeling, everyone calling it their twin-epathy. It was a stupid nickname for it, but that's what most thought twins held by being precisely that: twins. They would forever be connected through all they'd endured in their short lives. Once the city had finished fading out, he started towards the wall of the ballroom.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

"Well, that's no surprise. Most of us are still trying to figure out our abilities, especially me. But it's as the sands say, Ebula Crypt is but one of my many abilities. You might say it is the kindest in nature amongst the many others," he said with a light smile. Glancing at the door, Veda stood back up after handing the boy the notebook and motioned for him to follow behind him. "Come along, Perry. I've gotta fetch Jedah before his mood darkens even more, the giant child."

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Sighing softly, Gabriel nodded slightly before starting to patch up the ground nearby with a simple touch. "Mm... That's pretty much what Syn said though he used different words. It sounds as if the child you were chasing was some kind of sandman. Hah... What have we stepped foot into," he breathed out before his brow furrowed. Wait a second... Standing back up, he glanced around the field only to stiffen slightly, his blood running cold when he noticed several bloody, mangled wings and the blood spatter everywhere. "I thought Syn said the jester fixed all of this when he revived the others earlier. Why is it like this again?"

Synestra shot a glance back at the musician before giving a low sigh. "I've carried heavier and still moved faster than you so it doesn't really matter. But whatever. Do as you will," he finally answered before returning his attention fully forwards. After what felt like a brief silence, his wings tucked themselves back in so the duo dropped into a downward spiral. Shortly before hitting the ground, however, his wings snapped back out to where they landed softly on their feet. At seeing the town back as it had been before the sand child had come along, he stiffened a bit. Tucking his wings back in, he muttered, "What in God's name is going on today? First, the sand kid. Then, the demon kids with the jester. Now, this." After rubbing his temples slightly, he balled up a fist and whacked Orpheus in the shoulder. "That hurt? We really awake?"

I walk alone!
Called a freak!
I'm not a saint!

Not ashamed!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:11 pm
Dantes_river

What have you done now?!

“It means I’m still learning about you, and haven’t yet been able to read your shifts in emotion. I was just worried because I wasn’t sure how we’d get anyone back when the game was shutting down,” she breathed, smiling softly to Sedynn.

Shoulders rolling when they were in the game room again, Serenity gave cracked her neck before pointing over to a mini-fridge. “Nitanï, if you’re still a little dry there’s water in the fridge. Ches, if you decide you want a shirt, we’ve got a few extras and would be happy to supply you with one,” she hummed, tapping her foot lightly so the gym in the center would shift to include more training dummies, targets and weapon racks.

Looking over her shoulder at Lymbo when he spoke to her, the blonde blinked and scratched her cheek. “Hmm? No? Why’d’ya ask?” she mumbled, rocking on her feet as she glanced to the side where her sister was. She looked like she wanted to slice something up right now. “Anyways~ If you really want to take a nap, there’s a few spots that’ll be out of the way so we don’t end up bugging you with all of our noise,” she hummed, bouncing slightly as she spoke. “Would you prefer a pile of pillows or a bed?”

Adra gave a low sigh as he looked around, putting out the cigarette on his palm and tucking it behind one ear before climbing on top of the gym structure and hanging there. “Okay so the game’s over. Now what?”

“Dunno...”

-+--+--+--+-

Standing, the child nodded and tugged his cloak tight around him like a blanket, eyes wandering briefly over the various books. “You care a lot about each other,” he hummed, looking back to Veda as he followed slowly behind the other. “you’re lucky to have someone who cares so much for you” he whispered softly, fingers brushing across the broach that held his cloak around him.

-+--+--+--+-

“I’m not sure.... The damage had been undone,” she murmured, shifting through the leftovers of their fight for a moment. “Although, I don’t think its reversion, it looks like someone went to great efforts to recreate what just happened. Look here, these aren’t the same angels from my squadron. And the hole here isn’t nearly deep enough. I’d watched the children disappear far enough within that their voices were almost lost,” she murmured softly, fingers brushing against the hole made in the earth. No, this was someone trying to send a message to them, trying to scare them. It wasn’t the children from before, though there were similar traces of magic involved.

“OW! Yes that hurt!” the younger angel frowned, rubbing his shoulder as he looked around. Something felt off. “.... not everything is the same... It seems whoever did this left the old church at the feet of the new one, look at all the sand at the base of the other,” he breathed, hands dropping to his side as his wings flexed nervously behind him. “What could do this?”

What have you done now?!

Pure T0rture
Captain

Colorful Fairy

Dantes_river
Crew

Headstrong Bookworm

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:36 am
Pure T0rture
Why do words have to be so difficult sometimes?

I am sitting on the moon
watching planet blue.
Hello.
Looking all around,
rotating without sound;
Where are you?

Giving a soft snort, Sedynn used a flame to draw out a star shape with a small tear drop under it then gave it a slight push forward so it expanded a bit larger. "Veda would notice and save 'em before it could completely end. He's good at picking up on things even before they happen. Hm? I wonder what's got Jedah so down. He was fine for the longest time, but now he's all... meh," the fire demon responded before giving a slight nod at the blonde for her offer to Chestra. His king, his brother, had gotten distracted by the seemingly sulking bat demon after all.

"Thank ya kindly, lass. Ugh. My throat hurts from Chestra coat racking me," the fish demon smiled faintly before starting to rub his neck with a webbed hand. Heading over to the miniature fridge, he opened the door and pulled out a bottle of water then pushed the door closed with his foot. Afterwards, he chugged down half of the bottle before his eyes fully shifted black and he dumped the rest on the floor where no one would slip in it, stepping into it and sinking up until only the top half of his head could be seen. The rather messy puddle, fortunately for everyone, quickly became a smooth, round puddle specifically around him.

"Ahahaha! Nitanï's using puddle dimensions to remoisturize. It's pretty neat that he can do that. What's hilarious is he made King Viné make him passages under his gate specifically filled with water for him by accidentally biting a chunk out of his arm," Chestra laughed after having watched the fish demon. Turning towards Jedah, he frowned only to shrug at Sedynn's comment. "Only those with him would know I suppose."

Remaining silent as she continued on, the gravitational demon watched the girl carefully. Ignoring her obvious energy in moving about, he turned to face her only to flick her on the forehead. "I ask 'cause you're not makin' any kinda sense," the fair haired demon retorted in that sluggish slur he'd originally started with in the day. Heaving a tired sigh, he jutted his thumb towards a line of electricity that seemed to be prying open the air so one could see the lake in the hidden gate behind it. "I'm goin' home to sleep if anywhere. Y'all are so tiresome. As I said before, those brats an' the fish are y'all's responsibility. Bye." With that said, he started making his way to the gate in a slow shuffle. Unfortunately, he didn't get too far before Chestra was taking him to the ground in an unhappy tackle from his side.

"Stay, Lym! We just want to spend time with you since you're all by yourself," the little king argued, his bottom lip quivering. Sedynn had managed a face-palm to how quickly Chestra used his back as a springboard to keep Lymbo around. Lymbo, however, had a blank stare directed at Chestra sitting on his stomach. Stupid brat took his portal down with his stupid magic absorption thing. "I don't want you to be lonely anymore so you need to make friends that aren't afraid to break the rules just to visit you. The rest of us have a hard time going to see you after all."

"Such a bother... Too much effort," Lymbo mumbled after a tired sigh, but he made no attempts to get up much less use his gravitational pull to get Chestra off of him. It's not like he'd get it to work on the king without a struggle which was why it was too much of an effort for him.

"We've been together since the beginning. That's all," Veda murmured softly as he continued walking. Pausing briefly to look back at the child, he shook his head slightly and flashed him a smile. "Now you're a part of the family so don't mumble the you're so lucky bull because there are those just like you such as Chestra and Sedynn. How you're starting out is how they started out." Shaking off the mild annoyance at the boy's mumbling, he stepped into the ballroom only to find Jedah by the door. "Now, now. Why's there a frown on your face instead of a scowl?"

"Not funny... They found out... They set foot in," Jedah mumbled only to stop talking altogether when he noticed Perem right behind his brother. Shifting his gaze away, the bat demon wrapped his arms around his legs. This got a heavy sigh from Veda before he lifted his brother back up onto his feet and shoved him towards the group.

"Alright. I think it's time for you guys to know the truth now that some of you have found out part of the secret. We really would've preferred it if no one had, but the world was set into motion and events must transpire or all of us will cease to be. It's the nature of things," Veda stated loud enough for all to hear. Closing his hand into a fist in front of him, the others got snatched closer to him and his brother only for him to give a faint wave of the hand to allow an image of the city with a dark mass moving around it to form up. "Tell them why you're sulking like a child and why you got so mad at them, Jedah."

Puffing his cheeks up in defiance for a minute, the bat demon finally gave a heavy sigh at the unseen cold gaze from his twin before pointing at the image of the city. "This city is our birthplace, our place of origin. Our father, Femto, created this city to protect our mother, Slan, as she carried us. There were a lot of succubi that hated the fact that he chose her instead of them at the time. This mass in particular, the one constantly moving, is our nursery of sorts. As the time of our actual birth neared, Veda's Lino Doue activated itself and... things didn't go too well," Jedah grumbled in explanation before allowing two of his bats to take shape of the dolls from the room. "We don't like talking about it..."

Taking in Jedah's words, Nitanï glanced at the others in the room before finally raising his hand slightly above the water puddle. "Can you be a bit less vague, laddie? Things didn't go too well after the Lino Doue was activated doesn't really explain much. Like, was it Alpha kinda bad or...?" Sedynn had, much to Jedah's and Chestra's dismay, merely put a little more distance between the jester and the king at the explanation. Lymbo's response was his usual bored stare with the exception of glancing around the room unlike the others.

"That depends on your perception of the two events, both of which I had no real control over. I believe you'd all say, have said in fact, that you were traumatized by the events that transpired in the hidden gate. It did become more like a wasteland after said event, and there was a lot of blood and lives lost. I'm still really sorry about that too. But this event came during the very beginning of our lives," Veda smiled at the group before removing his hat so all could grasp how serious he was about such a discussion. Once his smile faded, Jedah clenching his jaw and fists by his sides, he spoke very simplistically for them. "I devoured our mother from the inside-out. Jedah was fortunate to survive. Now you know. Think what you will."

The statement made the demons' blood run cold, but only Sedynn moved swiftly over to Perem to pick him up and take him back over to Chestra where the king carefully wrapped his arms around him. "Stay, Perem."

"Dynn-Dynn, we shouldn't have let him hear all of this. This is big kids' talk, Perry. Don't think about it."

"Cannibalism from within the womb... That's new," Lymbo mumbled as his gaze shifted to Jedah. There was sorrow and anger there, but the little bat was just bottling it up so he wouldn't snap on anyone for their responses to the twins' explanation on the city.

-+--+--+--+-

Making a thoughtful sound, Gabriel slightly moved one of the angels' faces to the side slightly only to immediately retract his hand. "I wonder whom it might have been... and why this one has been bitten on the face," he murmured softly only to jump slightly when he felt a hand around his ankle. Kicking the now clinging corpse from off his foot, he glanced around to see another one standing up again. "What in the nine blazes is happening today?"

"So they're finally getting up. Sheesh. They certainly took their sweet time. I was hoping to finish this before you got back so you'd think that guy parading around as a jester was sending you a message to back off. Well, this sucks," muttered a young male voice as a transparent silvery haired teen slid through the ground and seemed to brush the fair hair to the side just to expose a sapphire blue mask beneath his bangs on the left side of his face. Pulling himself the rest of the way out of the ground, he solidified just to make the motion of drawing back a bowstring with his hands then releasing it just as a real bow and arrow formed up in his hands. The angel by Gabriel's feet ceased movement as the arrow pierced through his spinal cord and into his skull. Drawing another arrow from a quiver on his lower back, he let loose a few more arrows before the bow finally broke itself apart into nothingness. Glancing back at Grace seeing as she was closest to him, he gave a soft snort before walking back towards the town. "Sorry, but not sorry. If you want an explanation, you'll have to speak with Eric. That's if he even bothers answering your questions of course. I would not suggest touching them much further, Mr. Gabriel. They've been infected, and no amount of magic can fix it. Yeah. I know who you feather brains are, and y'all are just about useless as per usual it seems."

"That's a little harsh... Oh crud. Grace, he's what we once called an abysmal demon. Right. So where is this Eric fellow?"

"No dip, Sherlock, but we're not demons. He's with it, the thing that recreated this scene. Just be happy you weren't here sooner. You'd likely be infected as well and I'd likely have to kill you too. Like I said, this can't be fixed. At least not yet."

"Again, that's a little harsh. Then can you simply bring us this Eric fellow so we can get a better understanding of what we just walked into? You don't seem inclined to do much other than mock us after all, even going so far as to not mention where precisely he's located."

"Bzzt. Not happening. He won't leave it's side so you have to go to him 'cause it ain't moving for a little while."

"Then where is he and this other thing you keep mentioning?"

"The church where your graceless woman there and her minions were playing guardians of mankind. It's fun, by the way, mocking you angels when you've already failed. The war will rage on soon enough and what casualties have already come to be, what will come to be, is on your hands. One day, I will be able to forgive you, but it isn't today nor will I ever forget it. Now go while I finish fixing this. None of us would like the humans weaponizing this after all."

"Thank you. I'll just ask Eric about your earlier comments. We're just having a terrible day, Grace, but it seems we don't have much of a choice in how we deal with things today. It's time we find one Eric and get some answers on this new scene." That said, the fair angel flapped his wings a few times before lowering himself in a crouch then leaping up off of the ground. It seemed the day was not playing in their favor and the inhuman children were being anything but friendly.

Rolling his eyes, Synestra shifted some of the sand with the toe of his boot. "Don't be so overly dramatic. That was a lovetap if anything. But I see what you're saying," he muttered only to shift his gaze around the currently quiet town. "What happened to all of the people? Hm? Someone's been here before us... or maybe three. See the footprints?" After motioning towards the footprints, he stepped inside the church... and immediately backtracked a few steps just so he could grab Orpheus by the shirt. "Angels, humans, demons, all denied them... You wanna know what could do this? Take a good look."

Having dragged the other inside the building, he pointed out three figures to the other. One seemed to be that of an eight-year-old seated with an older woman in front of him though his back was towards the duo. Every now and then, the boy would lean forwards then sit back up with some kind of wet noise in the background. The third figure was a raven haired teen with his face partially hidden behind a white mask on the upper right side of his face. "They may look human, but they aren't. Any guesses as to what we've just stumbled upon and how bad it is?"

Yeah, I drive myself crazy
'cause I can't escape the gravity...

I'm holding on.
Why is everything so heavy?

I know I'm not the center of the universe,
but you keep spinning 'round me just the same...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:24 pm
Dantes_river

Change my attempt good intentions

Crouched over
You were not there
Living in fear
But signs were not really that scarce
Obvious tears
But I will not
Hide you through this
I want you to help them, please see
The bleeding heart perched on my shirt

"I realize that, but it won't stop me from worrying. Even you've told me there are things you just can't come back from." Serenity breathed, tucking some hair behind her ear.

"I am too making sense. I see no reason why you can't take a nap here and then continue to socialize after," the demoness frowned, tail flicking behind her. "You'd think I was speaking in tongues with the way he was staring at me," she huffed, sidestepping Chestra as he glomped Lymbo.

Glancing up, the sandchild gave a half smirk and shrugged lightly. "I still feel like an outsider," he breathed, a wisp of sand drifting off his face as they entered the room. "They seem lively as ever. Well, most of them." He breathed, gold eyes shifting to the curled up bat demon. Seeing the boy turn away from him, the child gave a pout and crossed his arms.

The three crow brothers were settled in, talking amongst themselves when Veda pulled everyone closer together, the shift causing Adra's feathers to fluff out. "Woah! O-okay...." he chirped, quieting down as he listened to the twins explain things.

A hushed calm came over the crows and the Sanoir girls as they slowly processed the new facts. Opening her mouth to speak, Desire just let out a small squeak and hit her lip. What could she say? What could any of them say?

Perem blinked as he was told not to think about the topic, tugging the cloak tight around his body. "... it's not the first I've heard of something like that.... I'm sorry you didn't get the chance to know her," he murmured softly, weight shifting ever so slightly. "I suppose seeing a place that reminded them of losing a loved one would hurt for anyone."

"Kiddo's right. You're allowed to feel the way you feel. Just remember, you've got all of us to talk with. We can be your family if you'll let us...." Adra breathed, scratching his neck slightly as he tried to make the words come out. Sheesh, that was some dark stuff. 'Course he wasn't one to talk. ".... guys, I know what it's like to lose a parent before you got to know them. My mother died in childbirth, as did Eurynome's and Jez's mothers. It sucks, and it sucks hard, but letting that pain rule everything you do will just shut people out...." he sighed, looking away from the group. This whole day seemed to just go from great to depressing in one quick motion.

~*~*~*~

Staring in awe as the corpses reanimated, grace shuffled away from one by her feet just as the boy’s arrow hit it. Looking up, her eyes wide, she gaped at the boy’s total lack of caring and started after him, only to stop. Turning back to Gabriel, she nodded slowly. “I suppose we’re headed back into town, then,” she murmured softly, lifting into the air slowly. Phantoms. Why did it have to be phantoms? They were supposed to have been wiped out in that petty war they’d been having with one of the vampire clans.

Stopping short behind Synestra, Orpheus’ shoulders dropped and he gave a sigh. “Phantoms? Aren’t they all supposed to be dead?” he asked softly, stepping to the side so that he could get a better look without having the aggressive man holding him. Children. They were children. Well, two of them were. The third was definitely human, judging by her aura, but something seemed off.

“What in His name is he doing to that woman?” he asked softly, hand going to his belt as he watched the child. There was no way that boy was a phantom. He was something else, something dangerous. A chill ran up his spine as he watched the child. “What’s going on?”

Heave the silver hollow sliver
Piercing through another victim
Turn and tremble be judgmental
Ignorant to all the symbols
Blind the face with beauty paste
Eventually you'll one day know

Limbs tied, skin tight
Self inflicted his perdition

Should I, could I
Should I, could I

Pure T0rture
Captain

Colorful Fairy

Dantes_river
Crew

Headstrong Bookworm

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:10 am
Pure T0rture
I hate migraines..........
Bump!
Bump!

I am sitting on the moon
watching planet blue.
Hello.
Looking all around,
rotating without sound;
Where are you?

"That's not what it is! I feel plenty of things, but pain isn't one of them. Call my keeping from acting like some super sensitive poof shutting others out all you want. I don't care. I don't have to tell anyone what I feel much less why I'm feeling that way. All anyone needs to know is if I'm just mad at you or so pissed at you I wanna detach your head from your shoulders," Jedah scoffed as he let the dolls shift back into bats. Shaking his head slightly as they crawled back into his chest, he pointed one long finger at Sedynn. "You're not exactly being nonchalant much less coy about putting distance between Chestra and Perem from Veda and me, Sedynn." Shifting his finger towards the crow brothers, he added, "And apparently you got sucked up in that emotional fluff even with your background. Sucks to be you, birdbrains."

Setting a hand on his brother's shoulder after returning his hat to where it belonged, Veda shook his head slightly and gave a soft sigh. "Jedah, calm yourself," he murmured gently before giving the group a light smile. "We do feel the way we feel, but there's not always an easy choice to go with in life. Sometimes there are no other choices. You all are safer away from me than you'll ever be near me, and I like you all being friendly to Jedah. He always pushes anyone that’s afraid of what I might do away just so I won’t be lonely. Unfortunately, the idiot doesn’t realize he’s just making it worse and adding on the guilt of him not having any friends being my fault. Either way, I simply figure it's less painful to do things alone until I can get near complete control over my stigmas than to get attached and end up eating or erasing someone important to me. Jedah has a nasty temper, but he’s really gentle once you get past his tough exterior and the snobbishiness his attempts at being professional makes him."

Lacing his fingers together behind him, the jester rocked back on his heels before his upbeat appearance hidden under a hat shifted so he was wearing a black tanktop and dark red shorts with his short black hair pulled into a ponytail. The markings in his eyes were now far more clearly defined now that he wasn't obscuring anyone's vision with the hat. "It doesn't suck to be any of you, if we are to be honest. In fact, I'd say we're rather envious of you. You've gotten relatively normal lives, still will, but you won't get to understand what it's like to be us under any circumstance. That city and those things our parents left us, to Jedah, are reminders of how odd and out of place we actually are. After what happened to our mother occurred, we were labeled as the twins of misfortune, a supernatural form of calamity where one's the calm whereas the other is the storm. After the accidental massacre at the tenth gate and Chestra's rampage from being given a few light shoves turned on a king, that label has been agreed upon throughout the entirety of Hell. Since then, Jedah has had the eyes of many on him now that said word is out because people think he's going to become like me, and everyone already has to know where I am at all times or else all of Hell's residents will enter a mass hysteria. If people are already this worried about just me, just think of how they'd get over him developing the stigmas. You'll each have your own special destinies - the big fight, the clash of the siblings - but you won't get the same look from them that we do. Does that make any kind of sense?"

Gently ruffling Perem's hair, Sedynn and Chestra's shook their heads slightly. "That's not it, kiddo. You can say it's not the first you've heard of it, and it might not be, but this is... different," the fire demon stated softly which made Chestra give him a quick glance through a single open eye. "How do I say this?"

"You state it like it is... or try to at least," the king answered making Sedynn give a swift smile. Sitting on the floor, the fire demon making the boy sit too, Chestra held a hand out to him. "Perry, this is big kid talk 'cause most of us big kids have experienced certain things Veda's done. It's not like cannibals or something like that. He's got a mean side that doesn't really care if you're a friend, family, or foe. He will hurt you if it gets triggered. I'm sure you saw him warning those angels about what he'd do to them if they continued following us. He wasn’t joking, Perry. He will do it, and he'll do it without any remorse. Do you understand?"

Finally sitting back up, Lymbo shifted his gaze lazily towards Desiré. "Speakin' in tongues makes more sense than you do. It was all 'no sleeping' before, and yet now you're saying that it's fine but it's gotta be here. Why are you pushing for me to put effort into things I don't care to do?" If he'd have kept his words from slurring, his retort would've been sharper than it sounded but he honestly didn't care. At hearing a slight hiss, he shifted his gaze towards the piranha and merely blinked.

"Why're ya so harsh wit' your words, laddie? As horribly slurred as it was, that's kinda mean and I feel for the lass. She's tryin' to do somethin' nice an' involve ya so ya aren't bored in that gate."

"And these games are supposed to be what now?"

"Entertainin'! Wait... Are ya sayin' you're bored?"

"Always..."

"Again wit' the harsh words. If'n you're so bored, then you choose somethin' to do that ain't sleepin'." This, of course, was met with a sound that could resemble thought mixed in with a groan only for the gravitational demon to stand up and spark a few times.

"Spar. If I'm gonna stay up, I wanna know more about their combative skills since their wit is apparently lacking. Besides, someone needs better self control: Desiré. You're about as irresponsible as Chestra when you get wrapped up in your head. Bore me too much in the sparring, and I'm going back to the gate to sleep away the rest of my life."

"Physical activity? Knowledge? I thought that was too much effort for you."

"It is, but if it'll shut you guys up and make you stop dragging me around, I'm game. What would be even better, however, is if this didn't become an everyday occurrence. Y'all are too tiresome which is killing me."

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"Bravo, mon ami. Phantoms. Apparently there were survivors of the war, but they all seem to be ado-" Synestra started to respond before a hand slapped over his mouth. Where the older of the two phantoms had once been was a faint trace of his image fading out whereas in front of the two men was a more solid image of him with a hand slapped over their mouths. Watching him glance over his shoulder at the one still sitting by the human woman, the dark angel raised a brow at him. Once the other one just seemed to stop moving altogether, the dark haired phantom returned himself into a single solid form a step or two away from them making Synestra shift his gaze towards Orpheus as if asking him what that was all about.

Wiping his hands on the sides of his pants, the slightly shorter dark haired boy shot the duo an annoyed glare. "You're both lucky he didn't notice you. Fortunately, he's asleep now and should be for a while," he sighed heavily before walking away from them and over to the dark reddish-brown haired boy at the platform he was seated upon. Glancing back over his shoulder, he made a rotation of his wrist which made a sword form up in his hand. After shoving it through the woman's skull, he added, "So what can I help you boys with?"

"Well, the real question is where do we begin to start asking our questions," Synestra responded as he flicked a dark hair out of his own face. The elder boy seemed a little less on edge now that the younger one seemed to have fallen asleep sitting up, but he still seemed tense. Watching him move the younger one over to a bench nearest the podium after dismissing his sword, he could faintly feel the closeness of the boy with the... other one. "Okay. So I'll go for a little less stressful a question just to break the ice. To whom are we engaging in conversation with?"

Crouching down beside the younger male, blood smeared over his face and hands, the older one appeared to be considering his words whilst cleaning up the blood without actually making contact with it. "Who I am is of no importance, but if you feel you must use a name, simply call me by what I am," he finally responded in a low voice, his hand gently brushing through the reddish-brown hair of the smaller boy now that his face was clean. Standing up once again, his gaze shifted towards Orpheus and he lifted his hand up just to show him his belt. "Did you think I was going to let you keep this if you're already prepping for a fight without even knowing the situation? No, Mr. Orpheus. I'm afraid I'm going to have to hold on to this. You'll get it back though so don't worry. I just don't feel like constantly keeping an eye on you. You should take some notes out of Mr. Synestra's playbook. He maintained his composure and didn't even bother with reaching for a weapon. Care to explain?"

"They're phantoms, Orpheus. They can break down to a molecular level by the time they reach the age of six simply to walk through solid objects or travel vast distances in a short amount of time. Long story short, he has a million ways to kill you whereas you'd have to pin him down in a solid form to so much as wound him. And based on that smile, not to mention how he knew that was no ordinary belt, I'd say he's personally spent time on a battlefield. They're a pretty advanced species altogether so they could probably be two and already be walking around talking about algorithms that are beyond our comprehension. I mean, think about it. Virology was a common conversation to overhear by their kind after all. As far as we know, the survivors could be prepping to strike back at the vampires with biological warfare now that they've nothing left to lose. I simply believe they didn't use said biological warfare to protect the other species when the war was an actual thing, but now that they've sunk so low in said fight, they might actually try it. I’m sure you can tell how that’s a major cause of concern for all species. Besides, if he wanted us dead, we would be trying to pin him down in order to kill him at the moment if not already dead."

"If you only knew. Point is, he understands that you’re currently prepping for a battle you’ve already lost. Besides, if you manage to wake him up by starting a fight, he'll likely try to eat your face off or detach your head from your shoulders. I would rather that didn't happen. If anything, I'd like to sit by an organ again just to let my fingers dance between the keys of ebony and ivory," Phantom smiled at the duo before hopping back up onto the back of one of the benches. Spinning Orpheus' belt-blade in one hand, he started up a hum that made Synestra's eyes open just a tad wider. As he stopped walking on the back of the bench, the boy's grin widened as he directed Orpheus' sword at him and his clothes shifted to where he appeared a bit more prim and proper. "You've caught on."

"You’ve gotta be kidding me. Orpheus, this kid isn't just a random phantom kid. He's the fricking opera house ghost that dropped a giant a** chandelier into the audience of the Paris Opera House. He's Eric, the Phantom of the Opera. I never would’ve guessed that the stories were actually true and he’s an actual phantom, not to mention an adolescent."

Having entered the church as soon as Synestra had spoken after a swift yet silent trip to town, Gabriel blinked off the confusion only to settle his gaze upon Eric standing atop the back of a bench near the front. "So that's the one we're looking for. Grace, I think we've found him just like the other one said. Apparently Syn has some notion to believe Eric is the man from the Paris Opera House incident," he stated lowly, his hand twitching slightly. His words earned him a disembodied chuckle from behind him as Eric started up walking along the backs of benches and spinning Orpheus's weapon again. What was with that negative energy lingering in the air anyways? “What did we miss here?

Whoo. More angels... Let the ladies ask first, Mr. Gabriel. Didn’t your parents ever teach you manners? And that’s because I did drop a chandelier on an audience in an opera house, and accidentally set the place on fire. It’s not something I’d like to admit to, but I tend to get a little controlling when I start getting absorbed into the world of music. At least that’s what I’ve been told. I can’t really recall said mild temper tantrums with great detail.

Another set of harsh words. What’s with all of the hostile children? I don’t think dropping an extremely large chandelier on a bunch of humans is considered a mild temper tantrum.

I was born into a time of war, Mr. Gabriel, and that opera house was my one sanctuary away from the war. I have every right to feel even the most minute amount of hostility towards any world throughout time and space for not giving a damn about anything but themselves. I’ve been told that dropping a large chandelier on a bunch of humans and setting a theater on fire was one of my milder acts of aggression so yes, sir, it was mild fit. My brother would say that once I get started on compositions, it’s as if you’re releasing a musical kraken and you don’t want to interrupt me. Besides, no one actually got hurt or died because of it... though there was that one guy that was hung from the rafters. His magical lasso seemed to become more of a noose, and he literally hung himself. I had no real part in that besides traversing the catwalks yet still got blamed for it. I really should’ve cut the rope to that chandelier much higher up if I really wanted to kill that knave of fashion, but I let my conscience get in the way. You should be glad about that. Either way, next question. And please don’t use the name Eric. Phantom will do just fine. Most call me that anyways.

I'll follow you down through the eye of the storm.
Don't worry, I'll keep you warm.
I'll follow you down while we're passing through space.
I don't care if we fall from grace.
I'll follow you down.
If I could find assurance to leave you behind,
I know my better half would fade.
I'll follow you down.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:27 am
Dantes_river

Crouched over
You were not there
Living in fear
Obvious tears
But I will not
Hide you through this

“That’s fine, Jedah. No one expects you to act any different. The crows are just dumb,” Serenity said with a shrug, shoving one hand in her pocket as she looked around awkwardly.

“Right... I think that makes sense....? Look, all I’m really trying to say to you two is, should you ever feel like talking to someone, you can talk to me," Adra breathed, scratching at his neck. Turning his head when he heard mention of a fight, he rose a brow. “You really want to fight her?” He asked, shoving a thumb towards Desiré.

Perem blinked and sat when he was pulled down by the boys, nodding at their words. “Okay.” He chirped, eyes shifting back around the room. “Besides. I’ve a feeling he’s going to make himself scarce to us rather than hang around,” he added, pulling his cape up tight around his shoulders.

Desiré gave a slight smirk, rocking on her heels. “Well yeah. It’s no sleeping at the gate we’re on earth right now. My father has no real say here, ‘cause it’s warding territory. And I’ve dragged you around so much doing what I wanted I thought it only fair to let you do what you wanted. But only if you did it here. So that we can hang out more afterward,” she explained, spinning a ringlet around her index finger.

“I’m always down for a fight if that’s what you want~” she hummed, toes tapping against the floor to shift the design once more, gym set moving off to one side as the floor cleared of various training dummies and weapon racks.

-~-~-~-~-~

Having landed beside Gabriel, Grace crossed her arms, her staff turning into a bracelet as she looked at the mess the church had become. “And after what we said to that poor girl... I suppose we should apologize to the miss...” she mumbled before finally looking at the boy who claimed to be the phantom of the opera.

Shoulders slumping, she took a step away from the others, swallowed her pride and offered a hand to him. “What can we do to help you? Do you need food? Clothes? Information?” She asked softly, smiling softly at him.

“Miss Grace I don’t thi-“ Orpheus started, hand reaching out only to stop at the sharp look she gave him.

“We’ve already screwed up enough today, the least we can do is try and be helpful,” she snapped. Turning back, the archangel smiled again. “I realize things probably aren’t safe enough for us to offer you a place to stay. And you seem to want to keep to yourselves anyways, but if there’s any way I can assist you so you’re able to continue your journey, please let me know.”

Giving a sigh, the youngest angel looked to the other two as if asking what the heck Grace was doing. They were considered demons, weren’t they?

Limbs tied, skin tight

Should I, could I
Should I, could I

Pure T0rture
Captain

Colorful Fairy

Dantes_river
Crew

Headstrong Bookworm

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:01 am
Pure T0rture
A congrats are in order for this bump for when you can respond so... Congratulations!
I hope you’re very happy from here on into the future. :3

I write... so much nowadays. sweatdrop
Translate::
Ya holodnyy=Я голодний=I’m hungry

Pohanyy pislyasmak dlya rankovoho dykhannya=Поганий післясмак для ранкового дихання=Bad aftertaste for morning breath

I am sitting on the moon
watching planet blue.
Hello.
Looking all around,
rotating without sound;
Where are you?

Turning a sharp gaze towards Serenity, the ash colored bat found himself at a loss for words for what had been said. Furrowing his brow, it took a minute before he finally said the first thing that came to mind. “Ow.” That word, however, seemed to tickle a funny bone even he hadn’t known Veda had considering his brother started laughing after a brief snort. “It’s not funny, Veda.

I’m sorry. It was just the expression you had followed by how you said that. You take everything a little too seriously, Jedah,” the other replied with a slight laugh, his hand trying to hide his grin. His laughter had the boys from the hidden gate staring at him with a raised brow, the exception being Lymbo whom hadn’t reacted to it.

He has a normal laugh? What the ‘ell happened to the serial killer laugh he had before,” Nitanï finally questioned making the laughter die down and Jedah shoot a glare at him.

Yes, Nitanï, he has a normal laugh. The other laugh-“ Jedah started off in a hiss before Veda once again patted him on the shoulder with a slightly less cheery smile.

You could say the other one isn’t exactly mine per say. It’s the laugh of the stigma. There’s not exactly an answer for your next question besides saying that each stigma has it’s own unique personality and perspective they portray through me albeit that’s not correct either.

Like... you’re a vessel for whatever the stigmas are?

Something like that. Either way, now you know the secret about that city and what happened to our mother. I’ll be ta-

What about Femto? He was your dad, right? What happened to him?” Of course someone would ask that.

He died in some kind of battle, I suppose. We don’t really remember much about him other than him being skittish around us. It was understandable seeing as our existence killed the woman he loved and he had no idea which one, if not both, had actually done the deed or if we would do the same thing to him,” the jester answered with a slight shrug whereas Jedah’s brow had furrowed and he started fidgeting with his bangs. That said, he gave a slight wave of his hand before he started fading out. “I best be off before people start hitting each other. I’d prefer not traumatizing the six of you that haven’t seen it put into play as I’ve already done these guys. It was a pleasure meeting you, Perry. Perhaps in another lifetime, if not simply later in this one, we can become better acquainted with each other. Until then~.” And with that, Veda was gone leaving Jedah still fidgeting with his hair.

Finally glancing at the crow boys, the bat shook his head slightly. “I don’t think he means it like that, boys.

An’ this is why I said that the wit department is lackin’ ‘round here,” Lymbo mumbled to himself before yawning then glancing towards Sedynn and Chestra talking with Perem. “I’m not sure he’s fully graspin’ your words, guys, ‘cause that was terrible. Should’ve used the when a man loves a woman kinda chatter.

Slapping his hands over Perem’s ears, Sedynn narrowed his eyes at the space demon. “The heck is wrong with you? That’s adult stuff not older kid stuff aka it’s above even our pay grade. He’s way too young for that,” he huffed whereas Chestra had simply started laughing hysterically at Lymbo’s choice of topic for labeling something as big kid talk. “Why’re you laughing, Chestra? It’s not funny.

Is so.

Still too hyper... Oh. Right. Never said it’d be me doin’ anythin’. Just suggested sparrin’ for everyone’s benefit,” he sighed heavily only for him to give a soft snap of his fingers after a relatively long delay in his thought process. Ignoring the hysterical laughter of one of his brothers and a sharp glare from the others, the gravitational manipulator tipped his head to the side before directing his finger towards Desiré. “Some need better restraint an’ the wit ‘round here, if not y’all makin’ me do stuff, is makin’ me wanna crush myself.

That’s horrible, Lym. You sound suicidal when you say stuff like that,” Sedynn stated rather bluntly making Lymbo shrug slightly. Making a quick wave of his hand, everyone besides Desiré and him were dragged out of the center of the room.

I highly doubt that’s how he meant it, Sedynn,” Jedah responded in place of Lymbo after having given a heavy sigh and stopped fidgeting with his bangs. “If I were to translate his slurred and abhorrent manner of speech personally, I’d say he meant that he’s developing a migraine from the simplicity of those around him whilst also carrying the burden of the complexities that come with emotions and he’s put in more effort into doing anything more than he intended. The only way to explain something worse than said migraine for him seems to be that of a gravitational increase strong enough to crush one to goo.

That sounds like you’re readin’ too far between the lines, batty. The lad’s far too simplistic to be usin’ metaphors an’ some such.

And that’s why he’s always claiming to be bored. You said that when you were younger, Lymbo used to be quite active and had coherent speech instead of this sloth creature that has slurred drivel pouring out of his lips. At some point, however, he started shutting down which gave us this lazy bum with a speech impediment that moans and complains about being forced to think, do physical labor and/or his boredom. In short, our discussions, thought processes coming to light, and/or use of language is coming off as childish or uninteresting to him so he’s saying our intellect is mediocre at best thus only picking up on key words in the entirety of our conversations. That’s precisely why he’s suggested physical activity instead. It’s one of those brains or brawn things, but it also holds ulterior motives.

Which are?

Strengths, weaknesses, movements, openings. It’s battle strategy, learning through observation, and his proactively lazy façade has you feeling like he’s just trying to get you off his back when he’s actually luring you into exposing things about yourself. I didn’t think he’d be that much of a d**k, that he was even capable of it,” Sedynn finally responded to the fish demon’s question as if it’d just dawned on him. Blinking a few times relatively slowly in response, Lymbo just tipped his head to the side slightly in confusion.

Wha? Sorry. All I heard was him callin’ the fish stupid an’ somethin’ ‘bout a speech. What’re we talkin’ ‘bout again?

Ugh... Never mind. I can’t seem to bring myself into seriously believing he’s capable of such a thing when he does that. The most d**k move he seems capable of pullin’ is falling asleep standing up, the complaints of boredom, and relentlessly picking on Desiré. Are you sure he used to be active and prodigiously ingenious, Nitanï?

I’m positive, Dynn. A year ‘fore y’all creeped in through the door, he just started shuttin’ down. It started with his reactions followed by his speech, his responses, an’ eventually, he just wanted to sleep all the time. That’s when you an’ Chestra showed up, both of ya hotter than Hades an’ neither wantin’ to cooperate wit’ others. No one ever believes you two started off your friendship with a fight seein’ as y’all are so close now to the point you developed separation anxieties. And that’s why I said Jedah’s readin’ too far between the lines. He pays better attention to the simpler things than the intricately detailed crap.

I’m not surprised that everyone else gets shell-shocked when they hear Chestra and I started our friendship with a fight. We had a bit of an attitude towards everyone at the time and we didn’t wanna be there. I was literally pulled out of the lava vein I was happily living in and placed into a much cooler terrain that made me feel like I was in a never-ending ice age. He did me a favor by smackin’ that outta me, and I unintentionally guilt-tripped him into followin’ me around just to make sure I didn’t have any lingering side effects from what the lake did to me. He didn’t mean to hit me that hard after all.

That lake’s cruel to fire demons. It’s like as soon as they make contact with the surface, their spark dies out quicker than normal and it shuts down nearly every function. It took Dynn-Dynn three days to wake up after Nitanï and I went to fetch him after he went under, and a whole two weeks to fully recover. And that’s how we became friends,” Chestra hummed rather cheerfully before stretching his legs out in front of him.

Where were you before the gate, Ches?

Hm? Me? Eh. You’d get overly dramatic about it if I told you. You offered sparring as a source of entertainment, Lym, and then you were voted to fight Desiré. Now, you two have the floor to spar.

Right... I did? Huh... Weird. Let’s get this started then.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Smiling at Grace offering her hand and aid, Eric was about to shake it in more of a greeting than anything else when the fair haired boy from before passed straight through her and pushed her hand aside. “Oh look at what we have here. You shame them for lacking the decency, the common sense, of stopping a war before it began and avoid catastrophic events with unspoken viruses being released to their humans and suddenly they’re playing a different tune. I refuse to accept their help, and you should too, Eric. We’ve survived without them this long, and we can do so from here on out,” he scoffed before sitting on the back of one of the benches. This earned him a sharp glare, but his gaze was now turned towards the boy still sleeping on the bench furthest from the group.

Yuéllÿe,” the dark haired phantom warned rather simplistically with his eyes narrowed on the other. Redirecting his dark eyes towards the angels, the light briefly exposing the deep garnet they actually were along with various metallic flecks, he dropped down onto the floor only to finally shake the woman’s hand with a gentle yet firm grip. “Apologies. My brother here has a habit of holding grudges whether it be childish or not. What’s happened has happened. It’s in the past and we’re headed for the future meaning we need to move on. To put it simplistically, it’s not quite what you think. We’re trying to avoid everyone in general as much as possible, and it’s not because of those parasites called vampires. We’re trying to protect all of you from a virus currently taking up residence in Tori’s body. Unlike other species, we’re relatively neutral towards all things until you opt to try waging war on us. Our people are scientists, not warmongers, though we did learn combative skills to deal with unruly behavior such as those shown by the vampires. It was an insurance policy and our actions in the war was out of self defense, but you may believe what you will. I’m not going to force you to believe us. Either way, the most we do is collect or contain viruses and create antiviruses for all manners of species. If we make too drastic of changes, however, ecosystems can and will collapse due to the necessary antibodies not being developed throughout the evolutionary process in order to survive certain contaminants.

Quarantine for him isn’t possible because of how the Phantom Wars ended - paused - and you won’t kill him to keep said virus from spreading for you’re closely attached to him. Am I right,” Synestra answered before Gabriel could even get the question to form on his lips. That dark angel just seemed to be able to read his mind on certain issues. Sadly, the phantom didn’t respond with much of anything other than his hands gripping Orpheus’ belt-sword. Glancing briefly at the younger angel, the dark angel shook his head slightly. “You’re inexperienced, Orpheus, so you might not see it, but Grace is playing our cards right what with how today is going. It’s been error after error on our side, and our friend here is maintaining a peaceful yet assertive manner with us. That means he’s trying to settle this through logic and negotiation, him obviously being the one in charge of the other two. In order to keep from stepping on any more toes, our best course of action is to discuss and negotiate if necessary. If anything, I’d say we’ve just made contact with the head honcho of the abysmal demons and he’s anything but evil. He’s still a child trying to be an adult and exhausting himself in the process. I’m with Grace on aiding him.

Letting his smile dissipate briefly, the eldest phantom shifted Orpheus’ blade in his hands before offering it back out to him with the hilt directed towards him. “I suppose you could say that, Mr. Synestra. Returning to your previous offer, however, I’d like to ask for an equivalent exchange of information albeit I can’t promise answers from my side in which I will be giving her a once-over as an apology for any questions I may have to respond with no comment. You’re capable of taking a beating, má paní, I’ll give you that, but he could’ve killed you had he put in the effort. Information is the safest bet and only real help we need at the moment. Well, the only thing you can help us with at the moment. Sustenance is easy to gather, clothes to make, shelter to find. Our biggest problem is keeping Tori away from anyone and everyone else on our... trip,” he responded whilst glancing briefly over his shoulder towards the two other boys with him. “We can normally keep him contained mind you, but he gets past us every once in a while when third parties show up or someone takes his eyes off of him for a few seconds. Unfortunately, we’re dealing with some trouble of getting Tori to cooperate with us as he’s mostly under the influence of the virus at this current time. When he’s awake, he’s capable of following directions and acting normally, but you can tell he’s not entirely there due to the vacant stare he wears throughout the whole time he’s awake. Even worse is his sleep schedule being so wonky. He can sleep for weeks, wake up for a couple of hours, and then he’s back down for several more weeks, or the vice-versa, or off and on. I was able to clear out most of the residents here whilst Yué kept an eye on those corpses already infected, but... thanks to being of phantom origin, Tori was able to get here swiftly and already succeeded in infecting that woman. Once you’ve been infected, there’s nothing we can do without our labs.

Are you saying the demon boy already had the precognitive path of killing her? And if you’re aware of all that happened, why didn’t you step in to stop the fight?

You never mentioned actually resting either and that’s something you’re obviously in need of. Dangerous as it may be, we should step in long enough to allow you two rest for a few days.

Obviously. Her armor is so damaged by the few swings he made, the muscles in his back having already begun to relax after the second swing, it’s apparent that he knew the weak spots just not how much effort it’d take to take it down much less her fighting style. The first two strikes were testing that based on physical output. The others were just to make it seem like he was still paying attention when he was actually mentally elsewhere. Great impression on younger generations of other species by the way,” the lighter haired phantom sighed heavily before giving a soft snort. “First off, we’re a neutral species so we don’t get involved unless absolutely necessary. If you had threatened the ecosystem, we likely would’ve intervened. And secondly, you didn’t help us stop a war prior to nor during it so I don’t see why we should stop your battles for you. And finally, as much as we could actually use the rest thanks to the freak sleeping right now, it’s safer you not remain in contact with us for longer than absolutely necessary.”

Ouch. That was a little harsh albeit not unjust.

Then allow me to restate what I said. You’re not leaving without resting for a few days at the very least.

And I’m going to tell you, Mr. Synestra, that you have no say in the matter. This virus is so ingenuitive that it deserves to be labeled as its own frickin’ species. It knows how to thrive and survive, and we are ninety-eight percent positive it can turn into an airborne pathogen when and where it wants. Even worse, three months ago it developed a regenerative agent that makes him recover at a rapid pace. We don’t know what all it’s capable of at this point, and we cannot stress enough that if you get infected, we won’t have any other choice than killing you. There is no antivirus, only tranquilizers for him that are starting to lose their effect.

Yué, he’s right... You’re as tired as I am and that’s with us taking shifts on watching over him. It’s dangerous, but we might not have a choice with his-

Um... The third one’s up and has this very blank stare directed towards you, Syn.

Я голодний,” the youngest boy mumbled from the other side of the bench making the dark angel twitch slightly. Seeming to ignore most of what was around him, he ran his tongue over his teeth ever so briefly before frowning a little. “Поганий післясмак для ранкового дихання...

His words earned Eric a suspicious glare from Synestra and a look of confusion from Gabriel. The dark haired phantom merely shoved the fair haired one over the bench and closer to the auburn haired child whilst briefly holding up a blurred finger as if saying he needed a minute. Once his form became solid again, a fourth boy seemed to have formed behind him. “Tex, can you-?

I could, but that doesn’t mean I will,” the dirty blonde haired boy interrupted after licking the tip of his finger and flipping the page of the book his hand. This got an annoyed huff from the oldest member of the group, but the younger one didn’t seem to care.

May I have you see how Tori’s mental capacity, all of his cognitive functions, are working currently?

I suppose I could. This is the eighth time I’ve read this book after all. Continue on with your conversation.

Thank you, Tex,” Eric answered as he was handed the Bible whilst the smaller boy padded over to the other two. Focusing back in on the angels, he directed the book towards them. “Alrighty. If you don’t mind, I’d like to exchange this information swiftly before he decides to move again.

There was another boy with you?

Correct. He’s much younger than Tori though and tires himself out much faster than he should be though he’s mostly taking care of himself and keeping us away from the militarized forces of the vampires. Either way, my first question in this exchange is if you know this woman, Rosalynn Shiwamoto.” Clapping his hands together just for them and the air in front of him to become blurred together and form the image of a woman in front of him. After a few minutes of allowing them to take in the image, he let out a slow breath whilst his hands began piecing themselves back together with a slight wince.

Shaking his head slightly at the image, Synestra gave a shrug. “I haven’t seen her since the Phantom Wars. She came out of the labs briefly before the auburn child was even around,” he answered making Gabriel study his comrade closely.

We weren’t supposed to be around the wars, Syn. What were you doing there?

There was an angel in the tombs between the Phantomlands and the Northern Vampire Kingdom that went into a death-like sleep after being cast out of Heaven. I felt him wake, still feel him to this day though he’s gone back to the tombs now. It bothered me at the time so I checked it out. That’s it. I didn’t get involved so I did nothing wrong by taking a look.

Why didn’t you tell us?

Do I really need to answer that question, Gabe?

And we’re getting off track here. Your personal feelings aside, I would like you three to answer the question. Have you seen her recently or no?

I have not. She’s one of you, isn’t she?

If you’re referring to her being a phantom, then yes. Any further details on her will be answered with a no comment. And you two?

I'll follow you down.
I'll follow you down.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:45 pm
Dantes_river

Crouched over
You were not there
Living in fear
Obvious tears
But I will not
Hide you through this

Perem gave a yawn as he looked up at the older kids, shaking his head. “I understand all too well. You experienced something with him, something that changed your view of him entirely. However, I reserve the right to form my own opinions of people. Not that it matters. I don’t expect I’ll be seeing him much more. Not until later in life.” The youngest demon glanced to the side, sand swirling off his shoulder. He hated people trying to sway his opinions of others. Sure, they may have had their interactions with him, but while Veda had shown some considerable skills and abilities, he’d also shown he cared a lot.

Adramalech glanced at Veda before he disappeared, a magical flash flickering in his eyes
        for a minute before he turned to his brothers and shrugged ever so briefly. Well, there went that encounter between them. Better than he’d assumed a first encounter with the jester would go.

Jezabeth gave a chuckle as he looked between Lymbo and Sedynn. “I wonder, will strengths and weaknesses be all he discovers on the battlefield?” he whispered, more to himself than anyone around. Waving his fingers behind him, a chair formed and he settled himself down for a bit of rest.

Eurynome, on the other hand, had resumed his perch on the relocated jungle gym. Seated as he was, he looked about ready to fly off at a moment’s notice. Ever the silent one, he just smirked at the antics of the ninth gate boys, letting out a chuckle at Lymbo’s apparent spacing out. Wasn’t that a bit too thickly applied there?

Serenity tilted her head and then shook it off, glancing ever so briefly to Adra before she moved to sit on the ground and watch her sister fight. “Okay, now you’ve got me curious, Ches. I wanna know~” she hummed, tucking her arms behind her head and leaning back against the wall.

“Fine by me, armed or unarmed first?”

“Oh! Unarmed!”

“Heh. alright. I haven’t gotten to practice in a while anyways.” Desiré chirped, cracking her neck ever so slightly before stretching her arms up above her head. “Is unarmed combat alright with you, Lymbo?” she asked, opening one eye to smile oh-so-sweetly at him.

-=-=-=*=-=-=-

Wrapping his sword back around his waist, Orpheus glanced at the picture for just a moment before shrugging. “Nope. sorry. This is my first official mission, so i haven’t seen many people aside from those demon kids.”

Opting to ignore the fourth boy’s random appearance, Grace took her time to study the picture before glancing up and tugging a hand through her hair. “Once. briefly. I didn’t speak with her, but she looked like she was trying to hide from something. Someone. It was.... The coast of what the humans call France, I believe? Last i saw her, she was getting on a boat,” she shrugged, also opting to ignore his comments on how the demon boy had already planned to kill her. She knew. She wasn’t about to let that stop her.

Limbs tied, skin tight

Should I, could I
Should I, could I

Chaos 1ncarnate
Crew

Dantes_river
Crew

Headstrong Bookworm

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:55 am
Chaos 1ncarnate
We can leave the angels hanging there now.

Merry Belated Christmas!

I am sitting on the moon
watching planet blue.
Hello.
Looking all around,
rotating without sound;
Where are you?

That’s not what they mean either, Sandy. Geez. We gotta be the Brick of Enlightenment to more than just the birds,” Jedah huffed irritably before smacking his chest when it began shifting around again. Pointing at Sedynn and Chestra, he puffed up his cheeks for a moment only to shift his gaze elsewhere. They eventually drifted back towards Perem where he hesitantly beckoned him to come to the bat demon. “They’re just worried that he might accidentally hurt you, and if you manage to survive, you’ll end up seeing him like he is some horrible monster as most of everyone else does. They originally just thought he was weird, but then they met a mild tantrum from one of his... abilities, and now they’re a little excessively defensive around him. It only later clicked in their heads that I had an actual biological connection to him, that I might develop the same abilities. Twins of Misfortune, right? They get defensive around me too, just slightly less so. As annoying as it is that Sedynn’s always maintaining a physical distance from Veda, it’s because he knows anything could set him off and he won’t be able to fix it if he does go off. His only real option is to try getting the Hell outta dodge before he becomes a target, and his main source of protection is also his biggest weakness: Chestra. Now that you’ve entered the picture, his guardianship has also extended to you. You’ve gotta understand that they’ve experienced it, survived it even, but there were quite a few that didn’t. They aren’t saying to avoid him like he’s plotting to pair your liver with a refreshing glass of Chianti, just more like making an overly assertive request to give Veda some time to get better control over his abilities before you get closer to him. It’s actually something I’d ask you to do also. You haven’t seen it yet, and I’d rather you not see it altogether, but if it does come to pass that you experience it, I’d like you to stay solid in your beliefs. I know my brother’s somewhat shy and truly cares about all things, but he’s got issues in trying to control his abilities much like everyone else. Chestra gave Beelzebub a gentle pat on the back not even a week ago and knocked him straight through three walls.

A personal best in controlling his strength, thank you very much,” Sedynn barked irritably only to remove Chestra’s crooked tiara and brush his fingers through his hair. “Your demonic powers made your hair grow longer again, not excessively long, but enough to where we gotta trim it when we get back. Try to avoid letting it back out, alright? You kinda wore me out a bit with that minor skirmish with the angels.

Shaking his head at Serenity now asking, Chestra seemed to shift his attention back towards Lymbo and Desiré even though the fire demon beside him seemed to be caring for him. “Don’t worry about it. Just know that it’s because I was able to meet Sedynn that I am the way that I am now,” he finally answered before giving a slight shrug, his hand just barely touching the back of Sedynn’s hand when he was brushing his fingers through the small kin’s hair. At receiving the apologetic smile, the fire demon returned a somewhat sad smile back to him. “I’ll try, Dynn-Dynn. Sorry for always putting so much stress on you. Put some real effort into it, Lym! Two percent minimum.

Giving an unintelligible mutter, Lymbo gave a vague motion obviously meant to be a gesture towards the blonde. “Lady’s choice.

This made Jedah give a soft snort. “I can’t tell if he’s being polite or just doesn’t want to make the decision himself,” he chuckled before walking over to the jungle gym, climbing up it, and then hanging upside-down from it.

Ya know hangin’ upside-down from things only makes ya look even more like an overgrown bat don’t ya,” Nitanï questioned only to quickly shift his gaze away when Jedah hissed at him. Touchy much? Glancing back at Eurynome he gave a soft sigh. “He might. We’ll only know when or if it happens. I’m thinkin’ the first. Now hop to, the both of ya, ‘fore he actually does fall asleep standin’.

Ladies first,” was Lymbo’s only real comment on starting up the fight before shifting his feet ever so slightly in order for his feet to specifically be at a ninety degree angle should he have kept his heels together. That minor detail made all of the others from the hidden gate give an “ooh” as if something was different.

I’ve never seen him stand that way before,” Sedynn murmured to Chestra whom responded with a snort. “Think he’s actually gonna give at least two percent effort instead of just feigning defeat so he can lay back down, Chestra?

Mm... I’m feeling pretty lucky today so I’d give it an eighty-three percent chance of a minimum of two percent effort on Lymbo’s behalf,” the king answered after a brief mental debate.

That’s an aggressively defensive stance for him I believe. It’s pretty basic, but it can be lethal if used with the right combination of counters,” Jedah responded to Sedynn’s comment of Lymbo’s new foot positions.

That’d make sense. With how his feet are positioned, it’s basically a pivotal placement in order to dodge and counter.

Agh! Listenin’ to Sedynn and Jedah talk combat logistics is so obnoxious. I bet it’s a farce, and y’all fell hook, line, and sinker. I’m tellin’ ya, he really was a flippin’ genius chop full of energy at one point. He’s merely been trapped in the body of this sluggish humanoid critter. There’s somethin’ fishier ‘bout his way of opting for physical labor rather than I am, and I don’t like it,” Nitanï argued before starting to blow bubbles under the water puddle he was still sitting in. Why did no one believe him? Why did Lymbo even seem to be on their side as if something was delayed in registering in his head?! He was definitely lying, but he felt like the only one that actually believed Lymbo had ulterior motives was Adra’s brother!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Heaving a tired sigh, Eric set a hand on his hip. “We must’ve just missed each other. And she wasn’t exactly hiding from someone or something, but rather trying to hide someone or something. I appreciate the honesty of your answers. One moment, please,” he responded only to have a portion of him shift back over to the other three boys when the auburn haired one just started up and crying. After a few brief words muttered between them, the one called Tex rapped his knuckles against the crying one’s shoulder just for a medical mask to appear over the lower half of his face whilst his body shrunk down to that of a toddler. This was then met with Eric lifting him up off of the bench and returning back to the four angels with his hand gently patting the smaller boy on the back as a means to calm him. “Sorry. He’s a little high maintenance, and entirely unpredictable. Now, you may ask your own questions and I’ll try to help you with the best of my ability since you’ve helped us in more than one way.

That having been said, Gabriel and Synestra both glanced from the boys to each other and then back. “I can see that. You keep trying to juggle things so you can try keeping control over the area. Alright then. I’ll do my best not to get agitated at vague answers or answers being that of you having no comment. Let’s start with-“ And with that, the questioning began with relatively vague answers for most of them, and the rest being one of no comment. Would it agitate Synestra? Definitely. Did it change his decision of aiding the boys? Not in the slightest.

I'll follow you down.
I'll follow you down.

one on ones

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items