Welcome to Gaia! ::

Purri Paradise!

Back to Guilds

A fantasy roleplaying guild based on a made up world and creatures. 

Tags: Neko, Fantasy, Roleplay, Sci-Fi, Lifestyle 

Reply Main Role Play Forum
RP Areas for Hoofed Tribe - 11. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:59 am
Meyaira Firespring

Hoofed Tribe
Large Forest

"That's good. I'm sorry about...this." Eralin gestured to himself. "I guess I miss my homeland more than ever, and this forest, well, it brings back memories. And besides, I'm not really a morning person." Eralin got up from his roll, and rolled it up. He glanced at the food that Peridot held up and nodded.

"Yeah, that will do. We can walk and eat, if that's easiest for you." He was sad, and was trying hard to not show it. He missed his sister and homeland more than he cared to admit, to anyone, including himself.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:06 pm
Meyaira Firespring

(Wow, those dice love Midnight. Given the 'easy' nature of her labor, I imagine Midnight will just push (ah bad pun) through it and make it to the village as I assume it will not take 6 hours to walk the rest of the distance.)

Large Forest near Hoofed Tribe

Catching Bess' emphasis, Morning closed his eyes and took a couple of deep breaths. The task of remaining calm was far more difficult when he knew his loved one lay by his side in obvious pain but after a minute or two the werepanda calmed himself. Placing a hand atop Midnight's shoulder as he knelt beside her.

"Can you walk?"

Midnight nodded slowly.

"Alright. What is the fastest way back to the village from here?" Morning asks Bess, while slowly helping Midnight to her feet. With one arm supporting her belly and the other draped over Morning's shoulder Midnight winces in pain as another contraction rolls through her body but grits her teeth and with her mate's aid returns to her feet.  

Viper 9000

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:50 pm
Incognita Ninja

Viper 9000

Large Forest

She looked over at Eralin when he apologised.

“No, no, that’s okay. You can rest if you want to” Peri replied consolingly, not sure what he was apologising for. It was his quest after all. He could go about things any way he liked and set whatever pace he wanted. She was just tagging along for the ride.

Eralin knew more about traveling than she did. He was probably just saving his energy for later. Yeah, that was it.
She looked around the forest, with its tall trees, lush greenery, ferns and flowers and moss and leaf litter underfoot.

“It is really pretty here” she agreed, wondering what the forests were like where he came from. Probably they were enchanted, and had all sorts of stories hidden inside their depths. But still, this place wasn’t bad either. “Nothing wrong with enjoying the scenery”.

“Sure, we can do that” She came over and gave him an apple, a piece of cheese and held out the bag full of trail mix for him to grab a handful. “Here. Breakfast” she announced with a look at the basic rations, “such as it is”.

She remembered Eralin’s comment about there being a stream nearby but now that it came down to it, Peridot thought she could wait. They hadn’t been travelling very long and the water was probably chilly. She just didn’t like the idea of bathing in a stream.

((I know, they rolled some good rolls! =^_^= Yeah, she has plenty of time to make it back to the village. I guess maybe one or two hours is all it will take, maybe less))

Bess pointed to a trail that led through the trees, holding the Mellie in the crook of her elbow. “This way, I’ll show you” she said helpfully. “It’s an old path that we hoofed tribe used to use before the canines took the land on the other side. There used to be a bridge here, before a big storm washed it out and this tree fell in its place”.

Done explaining, she started to lead the way back through the forest trail. It was overgrown and hadn’t been used in a while but Bess knew the way. She could pick out the old trail despite the overgrowth and all the fallen branches across the path. Along the way, she picked dandelions and bits of grass and fed them to the Mellie, which seemed to like being held and carried.

The three made good time, making it into the hoofed tribe’s part of the forest without incident. Even while taking breaks for Midnight now and again, they’d still managed to make it into safe borders and were coming up to the village. Bess was so happy to see it again that she forgot to look out for booby traps. Her foot stepped on something concealed in a pile of leaves and without warning, she was whisked upside down, caught in a snare. The Mellie dropped from her grasp and ran towards the village, uttering frightened trills from its elephant-like nose.

A spear and a throwing axe whizzed past Bess while she hung from the snare, missing her by inches and sank into the tree trunk of the tree behind her. Two guards emerged from a tree top platform behind the gates, weapons drawn. “Strangers! Declare yourselves! What business do you have with the hoofed tribe?”

“No, no! These are my friends. We’re returning from running an errand from Aidenna” Bess cried out loud, digging in her pouch while the other hand held her skirt to prevent it falling down. “It’s Bess and Midnight! And our friend, Midnight’s mate. Now let me down and let us in”.

“Oh, Bess. Right. We’ll let you in” The other guard spoke up. An arrow shot through the air and cut the rope that was tying her to the tree, releasing the boar girl onto the ground with a thwump onto a pile of leaves. She stood up, covered in leaves that stuck to her damp clothes and hair.

“Bess, you should go straight to Aidenna” the guard informed her, opening the gate. “There’s been an attack on the village while you were away. That’s why we’re hesitant to let anyone into the village. Aidenna needs that powder to coat weapons, right away”

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:52 pm
Meyaira Firespring

While their path was clear of anything that would deal the group harm, the trip was far from uneventful. Midnight's labor progressed forward naturally with the contractions slowly coming closer and closer together.

"Midnight is in labor. She needs a doctor." Morning states, helping Midnight towards and through the waiting gate. Morning tried to keep his calm demeanor in place but after almost two hours of listening to his loved ones pain, that shell had long since cracked.  

Viper 9000

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:45 pm
Meyaira Firespring

Hoofed Tribe - Large Forest

Eralin smiled at her. "It would waste daylight if we didn't get a move on soon." He took his ration and nibbled on the cheese and apple. He walked around the camp, making sure that the fire was put out good enough, and every trace of them being there was gone (except the camp fire site of course). When everything was done, he shouldered his pack and looked around him.

"Yes, the scenery is quite nice here. Would you like me to tell you of the forests back home? I'm sure you'll love them." He glanced her way, a smile halfway on his face. His hair glinted vanilla in the filtered sunlight, and his eyes a sparkly grey, almost silver.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:36 am
Meyaira Firespring

Hoofed Tribe- Grassy Fields

"I see, so we have a few body guards with us," Misty sighed with relief as they stopped near the bridge. The ground shook as they did though and Misty almost felt like rearing up and fleeing until she noticed that it was nothing to be afraid of.

She watched as Riven pointed out their arriving company and her eyes sparkled with glee. Riven waved to them and Misty, not wanting to look bad, did so too. It turned out that the group waved back at them then Riven explained they were nomads in the area that lived with and communicated with horses.

Misty was not sure she had the ability to talk with horses, but she did wonder what made her different from a regular horse as she stood there and pawed the ground with her hooves. The stuff packed onto her back was starting to hurt, but she needed to bear the load in order to get paid for her work.

They soon managed to get to the borders of the grasslands when a female deer taur and a manly cow taur came up to them. The woman was armed with a bow and the man had an axe on his back with axes on a large belt. The red pelt of the woman really stood out in Misty's eyes while the black and white pattern of the male Holstein really made him look like your typical cow.

"Um, I suppose you two are our body guards." Misty announced as she pointed at their tools and stood there still a bit shocked by the number of people in the air. She bowed her head to both guards and said, "My name is Misty. If you will please protect me and my companion, well, then I think I can be of great service to the people of the ocean and deliver them something of value."

(I'm so sorry for taking so long to respond. It's uncalled for. I don't even think it was real life holding me up this time, but a loss of muse for Misty for the longest time.)  

WritingTime

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:21 pm
Incognita Ninja

Hoofed Tribe - Kilcarn’s Village

The guards looked somewhat taken aback when Morning mentioned his lover's plight. One look at her pained expression and posture showed them he was telling the truth.

"In that case you should go straight to M'rala. Though, I warn you, she's got her hands full treating the injured from the last attack" the guard that looked like a goat satyr informed him, taking a few steps back from Midnight, as though she were some ticking time bomb.

The other guard, another satyr with purple coloration spoke up. "We cannot spare anyone at the moment to take you to the healer, so you'll have to find the way to her place on your own" he stated, giving Morning some directions. "If you go straight and then left, then this way past the bath house, you should reach her home"

“I’ll show them the way, guys” Bess volunteered. “Once they’re at the clinic, I’ll go see Aidenna and give her the powder she asked for” she turned to Midnight and Morning with a reassuring glance. "M'rala has more of those salem beans at her clinic - those little things that look like lollies and have the sweet taste. That should help with Midnight's pain" she explained. She had got a jar of them before they left the village to go on Aidenna's errand but somehow lost it along the way. Probably it was taken by the insect tribe when they threw her in their dungeon.

Hoofed Tribe - Large Forest

Peri quickly ate her breakfast, wolfing down the cheese, apple and trail mix so she wouldn't slow Eralin down. The girl watched everything the elven man did and tried to help erase the signs of their stay as well. She picked up her pack and put it on when she saw Eralin do so with his. She then started to follow him when he resumed their journey, trying her best to keep up with his easy strides and not trip on roots and rocks. Compared to his silent steps and natural grace, she felt noisy and clumsy.

“I’d like that very much” Peri answered about the forests of his home, wondering whether the elves lived in the trees or on the ground. She once more admired the beauty of that race as she caught glances of Eralin. Peridot felt a little self-conscious, but tried not to think about it. She didn’t really like her appearance, with her blue hair and mauve eyes.

While they walked, Peridot thought she heard footsteps following them but each time she stopped walking, they disappeared. She wondered whether she should say something to Eralin but then, if he heard the footsteps he would probably know what to do.

Wild Lands between star fields and feline tribe forest

“I am Fionna and this is Holstein. We will do what we have been hired for, I assure you my lady Misty” the female deer taur replied to Misty’s question as she walked alongside them on the left next to Riven, her bow at the ready, her eyes scanning the fields and her ears alert. “It would be our honour to protect two members of our tribe”.

As they started to travel across the wild lands, occasional sounds would drift across the grassy plains to their ears, apart from the light thuds of their own hooves upon the ground. There were odd burbling sounds, occasional howls, grunts, whinnies and bird screeches. There was the sound of the wind blowing in the grasses, crickets and other insects hiding in the grass. Field butterflies fluttered around, and grasshoppers sometimes hopped out of their hiding places. It was a clear day and pleasantly sunny. Clouds raced across the sky as a cool wind swept the plains. Off to the far left in the distance, they could see a faint blue, with crystal clusters poking up out of the blue grasses, which had glowing wildflowers amongst them.

Riven peered at it, pointing it out to Misty. “Over there is the Experiments tribe lands. They have some of the prettiest gardens. A lot of the flowers that grow there light up, and the grass is light blue, pale green or purple. Those things poking up are crystals that grow in their fields” he explained.

“Not that I’ve been there. But you can see it from here” He then pointed to the right, past Holstein, who was plodding along steadily with his massive bovine hooves. “That direction, to the east, is another forest but none of the hoofed tribe lives there. The feline tribe claimed one end and the canines got the other. I heard tell that it has natural hot springs though. And I also heard that those tribes bicker a lot”

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:17 pm
Meyaira Firespring

(Sorry for slow reply, looks like you forgot to quote me.)

Hoofed Tribe - Kilcarn’s Village

Morning nods his thanks to the guards and with Midnight in tow, followed Bess towards where this M'rala person was.

"Almost there, you're doing great." Morning mutters, kissing Midnight's forehead. While he always had a great deal of respect for Midnight's amazonian-like toughness, this experience really brought that into focus. Here she was in labor with their children and still walking!  

Viper 9000

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:31 pm
Viper 9000

((Sorry, my mistake. cat_redface I've quoted you now))

Hoofed Tribe -M'rala's Clinic

Bess walked slowly, taking them the safest route towards the healer's hut. As they walked, they could see the damage from the recent attack. Trees had gouge marks in them, houses bore smashed walls or crushed roofs, debris littered the area and the ground was scored in places.

"Is there any way you can carry her?" the brunette asked Morning, seeing Midnight's struggles. "It's just ahead"

She pointed at the clinic that was in clear view before them. As they got closer, they could hear groans and voices, the sound of hooves clip clopping around inside the building. Medicinal smells drifted from the open doorway.

Among the footsteps, there were a set of large and heavy sounding thuds that marked the buffalo healer's presence, trotting from one patient to the next or overseeing her aides as they helped her tend the injured. The monster attack on the village had been quick and violent and although the monsters had been driven off, they had still managed to cause enough damage to keep the healer's hut in business.Thankfully for Morning and Midnight, there were still rooms and beds available inside the large house.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:13 pm
Meyaira Firespring

Misty smiled at her as she spoke of the honor she took in protecting them and said, "I should be the one thanking you. I have no clue how to get around here after all."

Misty glanced over at the Experimental tribe's lands as they passed it while Riven explained it to her. The pretty blues, greens, and purples coming off the grass made her eyes sparkle as she looked at the crystals reflecting their light back at her. "I'd love to go there since you said you haven't been. I really am shy so maybe secluded people like them can help me with that."

Misty then looked to the right of Holstein and when Riven spoke of the cats and dogs living in the same forest ahead on her right answered, "Let's not go there. I don't want to go near a war zone."

Her arms shivered as the thought of these animals biting and clawing each other caused hairs to p***k up on her grey and white coat. She then trodded up close to Fionna and whispered, "Please do keep them away from us," as she referred to the cats and dogs in the wilderness.  

WritingTime

Viper 9000

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:17 am
Meyaira Firespring

(Depsite MF's disappearance, I don't want this RP to fade away to nothing so I figured I would toss up a post anyway.)

Morning looked like he was considering the option of carrying his lover despite their height and weight differences. While his months of wandering had cut much of the chub from his body, Morning was far from a well-muscled hunk and Midnight's pregnancy had added easily as much weight as he'd lost. Not to mention there was the fear of dropping his laboring mate.

With a gentle squeeze to his shoulder, Midnight calmed her lover's roiling thoughts and carried on walking. Despite the medical and shaman training she'd learned from her mother, Midnight was in no condition to birth their children without aid. Their babies lives likely depending on the buffalo healer's well trained hands (natural childbirth of triplets eek ).

Despite having never met M'rala, Morning quickly connected the dots and guided Midnight into the building. "M'rala!" He yelled in the buffalo woman's direction. "M'rala! Midnight's in labor, I... We need your help!" As if to compound this message, Midnight groaned loudly as a powerful contraction rolled through her body and pushed the babies into position.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:58 pm
Viper 9000

((Sorry for going 'poof!' for so long. I'm back now and I'm going to make it up to you. Here, have a post biggrin And oh, you've done it now! I had to get out all my notes and read back through things about M'rala and her clinic, and then I fell in love with this guild all over again. I'm'ma keep it just as it is - found a whole list of ideas and notes for it too - we are back in business bby!)

M'rala looked up from talking to one of her aides that was tending to an injured hoofed tribe member with gashes down their back. Her hooves thudded the ground as she trotted forwards, sending small tremors through the hardwood floors. Her warm honey brown eyes took in the scene of the three travelers before her and she quickly came forward and supported Midnight on the side Morning didn't have, waiting for the contraction to taper off before starting to walk with Midnight.

"Oh, how exciting. It's finally time! Come right this way my lovelies, to the birthing rooms in back"

She ducked effortlessly under bunches of dried herbs hanging from the ceiling as she helped Morning manoeuvre Midnight to the prepared room in the back. Her buffalo's tail swished excitedly, tossing the ties of her apron about. The little nurses hat perched between her horns almost looked cute and her floppy ears twitched in anticipation. M'rala helped Morning support Midnight over to a low bed set with the headboard against the wall, leaving plenty of space free around the bed for the midwife and her medics to gain access to the mother-to-be should they need to.

M'rala went over to a shelf and picked up a jar of Salem beans that looked like different coloured beads, coming over to Midnight with a glass of water. "Now, these should help to take the edge off the pain, but even so you're probably going to feel things, and lots of pressure" M'rala explained calmly. "But do not worry. We have all the supplies here for a safe and natural birthing" She beckoned to one of her aides that was trotting by the open door and the small red deer fawn came over to her. "Yes, healer?"

"Kura, please fetch more towels and tell them to heat the water in the big pot" M'rala requested, calm and collected. She seemed to know what she was doing, well prepared for things to come, and so she should be, as she was the one who presided over every birth in the village and often helped assist hoofed and oddly shaped babies out into the world.

The aide nodded and hurried off, going to do as asked. While that was happening, M'rala wheeled over a small metal cart which held assorted tools and instruments. Scissors, clamps, a forceps that looked like a large pair of tongs...she had the basic equipment, though hers wasn't as advanced as what the medical centre in the human tribe possessed.

Bess followed after the party of three, and waited near the doorway. "Um, so, do you want me to stay or...?" she asked Morning and Midnight, not sure whether she should be part of this.  

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Viper 9000

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:31 pm
Meyaira Firespring

((Glad to be of assistance ^^ ))

Taken off guard by the buffalo woman's overwhelming aura of calm despite the chaos around her and now an impending birth, Morning immediately had a great deal of respect for her. Heres a professional in all her glory... He thought, helping Midnight along while following the healer's lead.

Trusting M'rala's medical knowledge and expertise without question, Midnight nodded and quickly gulped down the offered beans. Despite the crude tools at hand, Midnight couldn't feel safer. All the strange tools and technology processed by the human's made her uncomfortable as it reminded her of the labs she'd been stuck in.

Pulled from his thoughts by Bess' voice, Morning waved the woman over, welcoming her presence despite having only recently met her. Midnight agreed via a firm hand squeeze. "It would be an honor to have you by our side during this wonderful event." Morning said, pressing himself further into the corner of the room so to be out of M'rala's way while giving Bess room to join him.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:13 pm
Viper 9000
(Don't worry, I'm not going to be too graphic with this. Just describing pushes, pain and then holding a baby when they appear, that sort of thing. I like that show One Born Every Minute - I learned a lot watching that! And I've read articles and watched Youtube videos ha ha)

M'rala chuckled at Morning's attempts to be out of the way. She flapped a hand towards him and Bess awkwardly standing in the corner, motioning to them to come sit in the chairs next to the low bed. "There's no need to stand that far back you two. The woman is not a ticking time bomb about to explode! Come over and sit by her if you want, hold her hand! You're not going to be any good support squashed up in a corner" M'rala laughed low, her eyes shining with good humour.

She may not have said anything, but she was silently estimating the time between Midnight's last contraction and the next one. The last one had been about a minute long, which signaled that she was in active labour, but M'rala couldn't know for sure unless they were coming regularly, more often than five minutes or less. Another good clue though, was how strong the contractions were. If they were so painful that Midnight wasn't able to speak during them, then it was a great indicator that things were moving along.

M'rala walked to the end of the bed, and sat down on a chair there, politely requesting Midnight to move her legs wider so she could check on her progress. "Hmm, we are in business, ladies and gentleman" M'rala commented calmly after examining Midnight, a hint of jest in her warm matronly tone. "Dear one, you can expect to start pushing soon. When the next contraction hits, take nice, even breaths and try a big push down into your bottom" M'rala instructed, seeming sure of her advice.

Bess blushed at Morning's words, and teared up a little. She was touched that they would let her be a part of something so special. She giggled when M'rala said Midnight wasn't a bomb and came a bit closer, sitting in one of the chairs beside the bed, but leaving the one closest to Midnight for Morning to take.  

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Viper 9000

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:29 pm
Meyaira Firespring

((No worries, I think we talked about this part when we decided Midnight was gonna go into labor 3nodding Sorry about my poor wording of that post, in my head I meant for Morning to already be sitting by Midnight's shoudler, I wasnt sure how big this room was... xD ))

While the pain of her contractions and pressure was incredible, the strange beans Midnight had just eaten took the edge off and brought both back down to bearable levels (HEY! A bear pun for my werebear couple, lol). Nodding, Midnight braced herself, took a deep breath, and prepared to push. While Midnight had attended and helped her mother with plenty of births, it was a whole different experience to be on the other side of the bed.

Kissing his mate's forehead, Morning took his seat at Midnight's shoulder and offered her a comforting hand which she quickly took and squeezed.  
Main Role Play Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games