Welcome to Gaia! ::

DC Worldwide

Back to Guilds

When new threats rise, the planet will need heroes worldwide to save the day. 

Tags: Justice League, Teen Titans, Superheroes, Supervillains, DC Comics 

Reply ▪ » Gotham City
The Demon's Revenge (October 28, 2016) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nocturnal Vigilante
Captain

Dangerous Businessman

8,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:03 pm
︾ ︾

User Image User Image User Image

︽ ︽

╔══════════════╗
𝐁𝐑𝐔𝐂𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐍𝐄
ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴛᴍᴀɴ
╚══════════════╝

The Batman's fists were clenched as tight as ever.
If it meant that he had to plow their Ra's numbers to find his son, then he'd do it effortlessly, just as he had done time and time again. Fortunately for the League, Batman didn't even have to lay a finger on the lot before Ra's came out of hiding, dragging their blood relation through the room for all to see.
It was the first sighting that he had laid on his own son all night, too distracted by the situations at both Arkham and Gotham to devote all of his time to finding Damian. He eased himself up, standing upright, enough to stare at Ra's from the bottom floor to meet his ancient gaze. "Damian." Bruce called out up to him, ready to scale the expanse of the manor to free him from Ra's' grasp.

Despite their family ties, Bruce knew how far the Demon's Head would go to prove a point. "Leave him out of this. Leave all of them out of this. The entirety of this night should have between you and I. This time you've gone too far." His words meant nothing to a man so deadset on what he will do, and what he was about to do. Nothing he could say or do could prevent the inevitability of the situation and thus, surrendered himself to keep his family safe. "If I surrender, you let them go free." He put his arms down by his side, awaiting whoever Ra's would send to secure him for whatever the man had in store.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:12 pm
︾ ︾

︽ ︽

╔══════════════╗
𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐊 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐘𝐒𝐎𝐍
ɴɪɢʜᴛᴡɪɴɢ
╚══════════════╝

With each second the numbers to the horde of Assassins grew, surrounding the two vigilantes as if they were prey. Moving as one, not a single one off pace. Ra’s had demanded the surrender of both of them in exchange for Damian’s safety. What choice did they have? Nightwing already knew what he wanted, he wanted to continue to fight. But the ball wasn’t in their court. They could attempt to fight off the group to get to Damian, but Ra’s was not a man that would back down from his word. He would kill his own grandson to achieve what he wanted. What he needed to prove a point. He clenched onto his escrima sticks, before releasing them to show his corporation in the surrender.

The escrima sticks hit right beside his feet, causing a light metal noise echoing. Showing Ra’s his complete surrender. As the words came out of Bruce’s mouth that he was going to be the sacrificial lamb to the slaughter, d**k had chimed in. ”You’re not doing this alone.” Resting his hands to his sides, whatever Ra’s had in store for them it was probably as bad as what he had done to Gotham. ”I hope you do know Ra’s. You’re most likely the worst Grandfather to ever exist?” His tone was usually light hearted, but with all that had happened. It was the opposite. You could hear the defeat in his words, even if they were mocking the Demon’s head. d**k what kind of man Bruce was, he would always give himself up for the family. But that didn't stop him from following, Bruce had trained him to do what was right. No matter the cost.  

Acrobatic Vigilante

Friendly Sex Symbol

9,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300

Fergal Devitt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:26 pm
︾ ︾

︽ ︽

╔══════════════╗
𝐑𝐀'𝐒 𝐀𝐋 𝐆𝐇𝐔𝐋
ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴ's ʜᴇᴀᴅ
╚══════════════╝

Ra's frowned, at Nighwing's comment. Ever the boy scout he was. A shame he was blinded to real world problems. Actually believing he was making a difference dressing up in that ridiculous costume and flipping about buildings in the night. For his disrespect, Ra's loyal soldiers drew their swords but a single raise of his arm signaled them to resheathe their blades. Walking forward Ra's gave a long look over the former boy wonder then in a swift motion would strike him with a fierce backhand one which was sure to draw blood. Before turning and in the process waving two fingers for his men to pick up Batman and Nightwing and render them unconscious. And they did.

By the time the Nightwing awoke he was tied to a chair with a boulder shackled to his leg. Four assassins and one Ubu watching over him until their next instruction was given standing by on the docks' end with a large body of water restlessly waiting to swallow someone. Meanwhile the Dark Knight was unmasked, topless, bloodied and ripe for the pickings. In the background flames ensued and burned great embers. Gotham was dying and this wasn't just the usual saying. This was truth. "I warned you, Detective, not to go against the League, and yet you did. Now you will watch as the very city you seek so much to protect, burns to the ground. And you'll live the remainder of your existence knowing this could have been prevented had you simply heeded my warnings. I have taken everything from you, piece by piece. Watch Bruce...Watch as you lose everything." Lastly, the villain would unsheathe his blade and begin carving the Bat symbol out onto the chest of Wayne. And with no more words to say, Ra's moved aside letting Bruce watch as Gotham burned to nothing.

"Do you know what fascinates me most about the human eye, Bruce? It's the way others perceive things, how they study each and every move we make. Be it from the shadows or out in the open. And do you know what I've come to believe Bruce. That in one perspective our insecurities can be seen as weakness, a line, or even fear. Then to others it can be seen as potential to be your greatest strength if you harness and nurture it properly. Because insecurities are like revolving doors, Detective. Would you like to know what your greatest insecurity is? Your greatest fear? I'm sure you already know even if you haven't quite admitted it to yourself yet." Ra's pauses and lets his glare seep in. "It's why you created that rule of yours. That golden rule which forbades you from ending crime in this scum infested city. It's your lack- no your ignorance that prevents your basic instinct to kill when it is necessary. You fear killing because you fear becoming a man like Joe Chill. When reality all you would be doing is saving countless of lives from ever having to go through the same tragedy as you. That is the difference between us, Bruce. You should take comfort in knowing after you are gone my Grandson will not share the same weakness as you. He is an al Ghul through and through. Your small influence will be forgotten in the years to come. Goodbye Dark Knight." Ra's would give the cue for Nightwing to be killed with the press of a button. Then Ubu would kick Nightwing into the waters. While Ra's would unsheathe his sword it's blade reflecting off the bat signal in the distance. Creating a beautiful end for the Batman!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:37 pm
︾ ︾

︽ ︽

╔══════════════╗
𝐉𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐎𝐃𝐃
ʀᴇᴅ ʜᴏᴏᴅ
╚══════════════╝

As Ra's raised his sword high after that long winded monologue that Jason was glad not to have to endure, three shots would be fired. The first saw Ra's forced to drop his sword,, the second was to the Demon's right thigh. And the third was a head shot to one of the many assassins just to bring the number to five he had to deal with it. He could apologize to Bruce later. He probably wouldn't though. He was here after all saving his a**. Red Hood continued riding in on his cycle then turned it to the side, jumping off, and letting the bike skid right into three of the ninjas. The others went into the waters while the remainder jumped over the incoming bike. Leaving two assassins for Jason to put up with. He prepared himself for combat yelling over to Bruce, "Catch!" throwing the blade he received from Bronze Tiger earlier in the night with precision into Bruce's left chain just barely missing his wrist but cutting the chain to free him. All while Ra's held his bullet wound. Which surely wouldn't be the case for long. He did his best at dodging the swipes from the enraged assassins. Finding time to banter too. "Feel free to join in anytime. I have a feeling Grandpa of the year over there isn't going to stay down long. Speaking of which. Hey Ra's. Long time no see. You're looking pretty bad these days. Pits not having the same effect like they used to huh?"

Nightwing
Crew

Mrs Addams

Beloved Wife

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:33 am
︾ ︾

︽ ︽

╔══════════════╗
𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐀 𝐊𝐘𝐋𝐄
ᴄᴀᴛᴡᴏᴍᴀɴ
╚══════════════╝

The city was ablaze and Selina had a hard time figuring where she could find a safe place to nurse her injuries and recover. Surely her home was cinders by now. It was a warzone. She had counted off her various hideouts in her head and ruled them all out. In the madness Ra’s had concocted, she was feeling like a cat on a hot tin roof. Nowhere to go. And her cats? What about the cats? She had to trust they could take care of themselves. Then it dawned on her; the sea can’t burn. The last safe place for a weary prowler, her old haunt, the Gotham docks. There at least, she thought, she would be able to hide in a shipping container and heal, rest and prepare for another day of hell.

When Selina arrived at the docks, she suddenly felt thankful she didn’t find a motorcycle to steal along her way. The engine noise would’ve revealed her position. There was a gathering of people on the pier, some seated. From her vantage point, she could see others closing in. She squinted against the red horizon and as soon as she made out Batman and Nightwing, d**k’s figure toppled over the edge of the dock and disappeared into the sea. Her eyes widened.

“These guys just can’t keep their noses clean,” she snuck catlike around containers. She had to save the bird boy, clearly the big bat was incapacitated. Suddenly shots rang out and Jason screeched to a halt on the pier ahead of her and the ensuing fight gave her peace of mind that they’d be alright. She sucked in a deep breath and slipped noiselessly over the end of the docks and into the seawater. Through the murky waters, Selina spied a glinting of chain sinking. There. She dove further and swam toward the glimmering chain until d**k came into view. The cement was pulling him under fast. She made contact with him and grabbed for his body. She had to disconnect the chain.

Selina grabbed for the glinting metal and began sawing at it with her claws. Every second was of the essence and each one that passed without a breath became more urgent. Selina gave up and instead found the shackle’s lock. She dug a stiletto claw into the lock’s housing. She twisted the claw back and forth, knowing that as each pin in the lock clicked free, d**k’s lungs were kicking for air --worse than hers. Suddenly the latch popped free and the heavy chain came loose.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:04 pm
︾ ︾

︽ ︽

╔══════════════╗
𝐁𝐑𝐔𝐂𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐍𝐄
ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴛᴍᴀɴ
╚══════════════╝

Eyes that felt as though they were as sharp as daggers stared up towards Ra's as he gave the command for d**k to be sent down the river, lacking the strength to save himself in the end. Where did he go wrong? How did he let things get like this? Before him, the Demon's Head taunted the Dark Knight, each and every word nagging at his brain. He had been bested, defeated, and chained up like an animal as he was forced to watch the scene in front of him. He couldn't lay eyes on the man who came to take over his city and won. Somehow, somewhere along the way Bruce lost it all and as he looked up into the sky to view the bright colors of orange, red, and the ash clouds above, his head fell back down in defeat now more than ever feeling powerless to a foe who finally bested him. He won. could from where he was restrained. The idea of it being true shook him to his core, enough so that he applied all of his strength to the chains that held him tight against his constraints. His teeth gritted against one another, imagining his hands wrapped against Ra's' throat. His thoughts were rampant but all the bat could do was let his head fall solemnly.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Bruce's eyes shut tight as the blade carved through his flesh, muffled grounds could be heard within earshot, no louder than a whisper. He wouldn't allow this deranged man the satisfaction of hearing him in true pain. And so he went, his notorious bat symbol etched across his chest. Blood seeped through the wound and trailed down his chest and then down towards the ground to make a pattering sound if one listened closely behind all of the sickening and disturbing commotion coming from Gotham City. His breathing was low, slow, and heavy all the same. Never once looking in his direction as he readied his blade, the freeing sounds of gun shots that rang through the air startled him but only slightly.

The Demon's Head was injured and one of his assassin's gun down in a moments notice. None of them saw it coming, not even Bruce himself. He'd keep silent as the blade traveled through the air to then cut through Bruce's chains like a hot knife to butter. With his left hand free, Bruce took hold of the blade to free him from both of his leg restraints and the other holding his arm back. Standing opposite to Ra's, Bruce familiarized himself with the weapon by twirling it slightly, watching the metal shine and reflect the light from the bright fires of the city.

"It's because of people like you that I became this. You who taught me how to wield the darkness inside of me, you showed me the evil and corruption that I would be destined to put an end to. That evil and corruption was, has, and will always be inside of you, Ra's. I made a promise on the grave of my parents to rid this city of that very same evil that took their lives. Now, it's just you and me." He held the blade tight in his right hand as he raised it over his head slightly in an upward pose. The fight was on with Jason and Bruce on the front ready to fight back the League once and for all and push them out of Gotham. Ra's Al Ghul would be left to him, his fight to finish, and with his defeat, he'd finally get to see his son again through all of what had transpired in the night. Despite both of their injuries, Bruce trudged forward, turning in a circular motion as he swung the blade towards Ra's abdomen.

Nocturnal Vigilante
Captain

Dangerous Businessman

8,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200

Fergal Devitt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:32 pm
︾ ︾

︽ ︽

╔══════════════╗
𝐑𝐀'𝐒 𝐀𝐋 𝐆𝐇𝐔𝐋
ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴ's ʜᴇᴀᴅ
╚══════════════╝

The bullet pierced the Demon's flesh and he immediately went down to a knee. Pain was written all over his face not because of bullet, but because his plan was crumbling into ruins. He let out a low growl which grew to be a frustrated roar. He was the great Ra's al Ghul and he refused to be brought down by the likes of someone like Mr. Todd. A man whose life was practically indebted to the Demon and his daughter. "No.." said Ra's. He grunted in pain and struggled to stand again. His defiant emerald eyes glared up at Bruce who was free from his chains with an expression of Vengeance. For a split moment, Ra's watched his entire life flash before him, centuries of lifetimes, all leading up to this very moment; his death. The blade pierced his armored abdomen and he almost fell back down to his knees. His eyelids fluttered and his eyes opened.

He began to reach out again to the woman he loved, feeling the warmth of the sand at his feet, the hot air rushing against his face, the- "No." He hesitantly ran a hand down at the blood stained suit of his, and looked away. Shutting his eyes tightly as he wished all of the painful reminders would leave him. "You're...you're not real." He glanced up for a second and the smile on Melisande's face faded before she did too, disappearing into the dust and air before the regular temperature returned to him.

"Heir...at last...the prophecy has come true..." Ra's managed to say as blood spilled down from the corners of his mouth. His assassins all stood in awe unsure what to do. Ra's stumbled closer to Bruce with a weak smile then the light left his eyes, and his chin would collide with Bruce's bloodied shoulder before collapsing to the ground on his back staring up at the orange colored sky.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:24 am
︾ ︾

︽ ︽

╔══════════════╗
𝐁𝐑𝐔𝐂𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐍𝐄
ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴛᴍᴀɴ
╚══════════════╝

I will not kill.
I will not kill.
I will not kill.

From what seemed like a lifetime ago, a young Bruce Wayne made a promise to himself that no matter the atrocities committed by any individual he'd come across, he would not become their executioner. From way down the list of Killer Moth all the way up to the likes of The Joker, Bruce stayed his hand at all times, believing that there was a good deep down inside of everyone that just needed to be found, shaped, and harness. A good that could change people for the better and set them on a different path. Many times have institutions in Gotham and all around the world tried to rehabilitate the Joker only for him to break out time after time again. Even so, Bruce never wavered and his rule remained. Until now it seemed.

As Ra's fell on his back, Bruce tossed the blade off to the side, the pinging of the metal ringing in Bruce's ears as it went. The fires raged on behind him but even so, his eyes never left the direction of Ra's Al Ghul, defeated and beaten. The tables turned and he had no idea until it was too late. The League far and wide all seemed to look and feel as though they were not without purpose. The Demon's Head laid there, silent and unmoved. He didn't breathe nor did he rise back up like it was all some sort of game. No, this was no trick. Ra's Al Ghul was done for and though the blood of his enemy was clearly on his hands, he would make sure that the Al Ghul name would go down in the flames that burned away at Gotham. Nodding again to Jason in thanks, Bruce clutched Ra's' very own blade before raising it high above his head, looking each and every one of the assassin's in the eye. "You are free. All of you are freed from the chains that Ra's Al Ghul bound you to. Like you, I had a life before seeking 'truth', 'knowledge',
and training from this man. Way back then, I broke free and I returned stronger. Not because of what I was taught but because of what I was reminded of. Open your eyes and look into the darkness. Look deep and find yourselves."
Bruce drove the blade, burrowing the tip deep into the surface that he stood upon. His message to them was brief and while he was in no condition to fight them all off, he's done far more outlandish things to protect his city. "But know this, if I ever catch you in this city again, my city: God help you." The lot of them began to scatter offer into the fires of the city, knowing full well that he would surely best them all if it came down to it. Everytime his eyes wandered down to Ra's, Bruce replayed the scene over, and over, and over in his head. One of many events in his time as the caped crusader that would stick with him forever.

Nocturnal Vigilante
Captain

Dangerous Businessman

8,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200

Son Of the Bat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:06 pm
︾ ︾

︽ ︽

╔══════════════╗
𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐀𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐍𝐄
sᴏɴ ᴏғ ʙᴀᴛᴍᴀɴ
╚══════════════╝

The low hum of the helicopter awakened young Damian Wayne. His thoughts were rattled, but he recounted his predicament of being kidnapped. He rose slowly with wide eyes surveying his surroundings and from the backseat of the abandoned copter could see flames...everywhere. Buildings, if he could even call them that, in the distance looked like they were standing on their last leg. In the irises of his eyes flames reflected as he rose to the driver's seat. Gotham was in ruins. Robin glanced around carefully and spotted his Father wielding then bringing down a golden blade into the ground and beside him lain dead was Ra's al Ghul. The sight didn't bother Damian too much as he's witnessed death more times than a kid his age should have to. Not to mention his body was still sore from earlier events in the night as he climbed out of the vehicle still wearing his Robin costume trying to piece everything together. Did Father really do it? He stared at his father as he limped towards him - tears welling in the corners of his eyes - showing how happy he was to see him alive and somewhat well. His Grandfather's loyal soldiers by this time all scattered following Father's chilling words. Slowly making his way to be face his Father, Damian just stared at him only a minute before hugging him tight.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:56 pm
︾ ︾

︽ ︽

╔══════════════╗
𝐁𝐑𝐔𝐂𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐍𝐄
ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴛᴍᴀɴ
╚══════════════╝

Words couldn't describe the joy in Bruce's heart as his son rose from the ashes of Gotham and into his view. The weight of the fresh tragedy within the city's limits, the weight of his own actions, and the weight of his failures all began to cave on him at once.
His body and mind, both considered fortified temples had been chipped away at as the night went on. Rogue after rogue taking their shot to eliminate Batman for good. All the way from Bane to Ra's, they all had a bone to pick with the Dark Knight. It was become of him that all of these criminals, unhinged by their distinctive pasts, went out of their way to put innocent lives in danger. With his arms wrapped around his son for just a little while longer,
his head sunk down, accompanied by a heavy sigh before rising from the embrace. There was still so much to do, so many people that he needed to see and check in with. Harper who had been heavily injured at the start of this whole night. Tim, Stephanie, and Cassandra, all of whom put in more than their fair share of work in the battle to save the city. Selina who had seemingly slipped out of Arkham Asylum without the other three vigilantes. Alfred who was the first and only line of defense at Wayne Manor. Not to mention d**k, taken by The League to a different and undisclosed location. Without anyway of communicating with his allies, the best he had at his disposal was hope. Hope that they still had a life to go back to after this, a life that Bruce hadn't yet sunk his fangs into, dragging them farther down this dangerous road along with him.

"Let's go home." Said Bruce to both Damian and Jason present and as he started, he ripped the blade from where he stuck it only minutes ago. An item that would be a reminder to him for the rest of his days to never fall down such a path again. There at Wayne Manor, they could start picking up the pieces of this battle, recollect their thoughts, and find what was left of their shattered family.

The trip back to the manor would have felt like an eternity to most, being that it was more than a few miles outside of Gotham City and although he couldn't speak for the other two, Bruce was overjoyed to be home and even more so as he laid eyes on Alfred, beaten but not broken. Strong as ever and he shared in Bruce's happiness to be reunited. "I've said it before and I'll say it again, I fear for the day that you don't return. All of you." The weary Alfred hobbled over to them, looking them over. Their bruises and scars, the ones on the outside and within. Alfred's eyes widened at the rather obnoxious blood red bat carved into Bruce's chest. For once there was no quip from his trusted friend. Instead he remained speechless in the presence of the three of them.

"Really, Alfred, it's nothing. Just one of Ra's Al Ghul's many parting gifts." Between the scar, his sword, and the League entrusted to whoever took the claim, there was no doubt that he didn't leave a legacy. Not only in his actions but even in his grandson, Bruce's son. Instinctively he'd look behind his shoulder and down at the young Robin before continuing with Alfred. "He didn't make it." A vague response to a question never asked, the killing blow snapped through Bruce's mind like a white hot flash of light, blinking suddenly right after. "Did the others make it? Tim, Stephanie, Cassandra, d**k? How is Harper?" With a quick glance around he saw nothing and no one, except a mess within what was once a safe place only a few short hours ago before Ra's decided to make things very personal.

"Ms. Rowe is fine. Resting well. Thankfully none of those robed miscreants bothered to search hard enough for her hiding spot in the cave. Just you three, I'm afraid. As you know Master Drake's communicator went offline shortly after Wayne Tech tower's destruction.
Neither you nor I have heard anything from the three of them since. What of Master d**k? I wasn't aware he split off from you, sir?"

"One of Ra's' right hands told me that their next move was to come here. When we arrived, it was either surrender ourselves or they'd kill Damian. He's gotten out of worse but it didn't stop me from wondering all the same." Bruce limped over to the nearest wall, pressing his hand flat against the surface as his other gripped at his lower torso. "I need to go back out there and find them. All of them."

Nocturnal Vigilante
Captain

Dangerous Businessman

8,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200

Nightwing
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:03 pm
︾ ︾

︽ ︽

╔══════════════╗
𝐉𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐎𝐃𝐃
ʀᴇᴅ ʜᴏᴏᴅ
╚══════════════╝

Jason stopped mid-punch same as Ra's loyal tabi-wearing assholes. He was about to make a snarky rebuttal before casting his gaze off to the side where Bruce was holding a knife above his head and bringing it down into Ra's. Jason froze, paralysis taking over his body. He had a momentary flashback to Qurac where he was strapped to die. Beeps counting down to his pending fate then boom. Fire and ash everywhere and unbeknownst to him that famous scene of Bruce holding his corpse in his arms. Under the Hood a single tear fell down and rolled down his cheek. Bruce finally did it. Years of mental torture from his rogues gallery all causing him to snap at one moment. Killing Ra's al Ghul where he stood as his body crashed against the ground.

From Bruce's disbandment of the League to Damian's return, Jason just simply stared completely astonished. Not knowing whether to lash out or to reunite with the family. He simply stood there only to be startled by Bruce's "Lets go home". It brought him back to the 'best day of his life' when he first donned the suit adorned in green, red, and yellow. He was trying hard to not make this about him. Bruce's choice had been pushed the entire night. Starting with the loss of his son, an injured Bluebird, Catwoman, and so much more trauma. Ra's knew his breaking point and likely this is what he always wanted even if he didn't believe Batman would go through with it.

Back at the cave, Jason didn't have much to say which was odd because he was known for always having a word or two to add. Instead he remained off to the side every now and then glancing up at Bruce and Alfred while the two conversed. His helmet was off and sat beside him as he bandaged himself up. The others weren't present but he was sure they would be soon enough. He did arrange the whole rescue party albeit with Selina as Tim was unable to be contacted.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:18 pm
︾ ︾

︽ ︽

╔══════════════╗
𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐀𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐍𝐄
sᴏɴ ᴏғ ʙᴀᴛᴍᴀɴ
╚══════════════╝

This quite possibly had been the longest night of Damian's life. He had been tortured both physically and mentally, but being back at the side of his father made all of that weight feel less than what it actually was. Arriving back at the Cave, he tossed his domino off to the side to which Pennyworth would likely reprimand him about later or not considering their night, and gave a glance at the silent Todd. He expected a half-witted response by now but it never came. He studied him over only briefly then met eyes with his father and Pennyworth who talked about the others. He didn't make it Damian wrinkled an brow at the statement. What did it mean? Grayson was far too capable to be killed if that's what he meant. Damian frowned, as he saw someone like Todd, Drake, or hell with her performances as of late, Brown dying in the field before Nightwing ever.

Still Damian continued to listen, his frown remaining especially when Father insisted on going back out. He was far too injured to even joke about doing something like that. They all were. "No." Damian said, with folded arms and a glare. "Grayson is strong and far more skilled than you give him credit for Father. Drake's capable as well. They'll be fine. You...should rest. The night has taken enough a toll on you as is." Damian said, trying to hide the fact he just didn't want to lose his father for another extended period again.

Son Of the Bat

Acrobatic Vigilante

Friendly Sex Symbol

9,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:17 pm
︾ ︾

︽ ︽

╔══════════════╗
𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐊 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐘𝐒𝐎𝐍
ɴɪɢʜᴛᴡɪɴɢ
╚══════════════╝

As he was dropped in the river, it had hit him hard. Descending down deeper and deeper, as if he was being swallowed by it. The dark waters enclosed his view, making it harder for him to calculate how much time he had before he hit the bottom. Time was ticking, as he attempted to reach for a lockpick in a hidden compartment on his suit. The pressure was too much, causing it to seem like an impossible task. As it seemed like all was lost, a figure had appeared. Not being able to imagine who it could be, Nightwing had been freed from his chains. Allowing him to swim up for air, with the assistance of Selina. As soon as he reached the top, a large gasp had been heard. His hair was slicked down, he had glanced over to his savior. ”And here I thought cats didn’t like water? Thanks for the save. But I need to get back to the others.” With that said, he had departed, swimming towards to the docks.

Once he was back on land, he shook off a little. Water had sprinkled within the area he had been standing. Not only was he cold and wet, he had stunk like the river. Which was not a pleasant smell. He knew his journey was a long one ahead of him, so he started to move. As he grappled from rooftop to rooftop, he witnessed what was left of Gotham. The scenery was unforgettable, it had gone through hell. As a good forty five to almost an hour went by, he was back in the Batcave. He was out of breath from the travel, but he had made it. Still somewhat soak from being dropped in the river. He was ready for another fight, until he had over heard what Damian had said about him, d**k had a small smirk on his face. The kind words that had been said by his brother were nice to hear. Since he knew Damian was not always so kind with his words. Quickly speaking up before any of the others could say any word. ”From the looks of things, it seems like we won? Right?” His removed his domino mask slowly, his eyes had shown a tired man. The bandages that had covered his bullet wounds on his shoulder from his fight with Deadshot were wet, and falling apart. ”May I get some medical assistance?” He shoulder had been killing him all night long, and now he would receive the help he needed. To ease the pain.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:54 pm
︾ ︾

︽ ︽

╔══════════════╗
𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐀𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐍𝐄
sᴏɴ ᴏғ ʙᴀᴛᴍᴀɴ
╚══════════════╝

His father hadn't even the chance to try and argue as that familiar voice and quip rang loud inside the cave. It nearly caused the boy to shudder looking up and seeing Grayson stand there. His nose twitched smelling the stench of Gotham brought along with him. Nonetheless, Damian was happy knowing he was alive and well because while he could have all the faith in the world, there was nothing like that small glimmer of doubt to unnerve one's mind. He hid this however from Grayson and glared at his brother with a vengeance. Grayson was irritating enough when his words and actions didn’t make any sense, but for reasons Damian struggled to comprehend, even more so when they did. How could he joke now of all times...

Mother and the League of Assassins tested his skills and strengths for years. May it be said that they are a very thorough sort of people when it comes to training, maiming…that sort of thing. Summoning instinctive knowledge for every conceivable scenario became as natural for Damian as brushing his teeth, and it earned him the highest of praises within the League. Ruthlessness in this realm was an imperative asset, and failure meant the harshest of punishments. He grew up absorbing this code of conduct until there was nothing left but Damian al Ghul, the born killer.

At least, that's the League wanted to happen.

But discipline. Discipline toward his training regimen, his duty as Robin, and the protection of Gotham city pulsed in him down to the core. Discipline was practically an extension of himself. And yet Father’s idea of discipline differed from Damian’s somewhat…hell, all of their ideas on anything differed somewhat. Father kept trying to teach Damian lessons he didn’t understand, pearls of unique wisdom, surely, that Damian couldn’t decipher. Damian Wayne was good at deciphering things. So naturally Father’s assumption that Damian would suddenly grow wings and a halo was a little off-setting.

Damian’s glare softened a little at the stupid grin on Grayson’s face. It was downright hard to feel any sort of frustration at him, anyway. One does not simply get mad at a golden retriever, after all, and it was sort of the same principle. Judging by the dumb look on his face, he was only trying to mask the pain wearing on his body. Damian walked over toward him stopping in front of him and would say in the most adult tone he could muster, "I'm glad you're not dead, Grayson." then hugging him and whispering so only he could hear. "I missed you."

Son Of the Bat

Cerulean Vigilante

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:18 pm
It would have been a good twenty to thirty minutes before Harper showed up behind Alfred, making her figure known from the rest of the cave's shadows. She'd been keeping an eye out not only with her own physical eyes, but the rest of the camera's that she managed to scour or hook up to when she and Alfred had been left alone while the rest of the Batfam did what they always do--beat up the bad guys. Still bandaged, somewhat limping, but managing to walk head on, Rowe kept her stance straight no matter how painful each step she took had been. She took the hits the assassin's strikes her with in hopes they'd leave Damian alone, but it was no use. She hadn't the nearest of skill set acquired yet, so given her current condition, it said a lot in terms of her stance in the ring. When it came to computers and gadgetry on the other hand, she could beat 20 people at once with a single stroke of a key and shut down more than 500 servers worldwide. To each member, to their own, right?

Placing her left hand on Alfred's shoulder, Harper trailed her eyes from the ground to the incoming people she often thought of as family. In the sound of their voices she could tell something went wrong, or someone. It wasn't too late that Damian had said something chilling causing Rowe's senses to become tightened. A familiar voice sounded just as more sounds of stumbling, grunting and small tokens of clear language were spoken from none other than Grayson.

Surely she wasn't the first to come to his aid, Alfred came to his side and patched him up best he could. Harper jumped her gaze, inspecting each of them, looking for some answer on what exactly happened to detail, but they all distinctively looked like they had their own scrummages with countless people in several different tactical forms of combat. Inhaling and exhaling briefly, she ran her gloved fingers through her purple and blue hair though there was a tint of dried blood here and there. Swallowing unspoken words of wonder, Harper managed to string some things together to created some sentences.

"Asking if you're all okay is completely out of the question. You guys need some rest." Moving towards Batman, she stopped at a respectable distance and put in two cents of what happened while they were gone. "They didn't think to look up. I got surveillance, but even that, most of the tech's either been sliced, diced, or wrecked. I can do my best to recover anything that I haven't already...or you haven't already. I think most of the 'on lock down' things weren't broken into, but I heard---we heard a hell lot of noise coming from down here." Running her eyes over them once more, it seemed someone was missing. Someone whom she had grown the closest of the closet of former robins...Tim. Just as she did a 180 to walk towards Grayson to help with the patching, she did another spin and faced the Bat once more. "Tim...where is he?" At this point, her mouth was becoming partially dried and her ears, rather her mind was thinking the worst of news was about to hit her as they did the rest.  
▪ » Gotham City

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff