Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Completed ORP and Meta
[META ORP] Claiming the First Obelisk Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

elderheart

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:05 pm
Tygress Dream

From Beyond noticed her pacing and quietly approached her, after seeing her trace the patterns as well. He wasn't a social kin, but he wanted to try. His mandibles moved for a second, in thought, before he spoke in a soft, gurgling voice, "Maybe they all need to be done at the same time?" Even though one alone made the glow dim, maybe it required a bit of teamwork...or he was completely misguided.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:07 pm
Motes, at last, came to a stop at one of the kin-sized stones encircling the obelisk, the northmost one. A red buck stood atop it, fervently scratching to little effect, while a green doe stood at its side, doggedly digging against the inevitable fill of the swamp's soil.

He stood for a moment, and then asked them both, "Does the shape look familiar to either of you? It reminds me of something, but I can't quite place what."
Quote:
whoops
Quote:
a typo happened

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:14 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Travels in Circle blinks as the obelisk becomes fuzzy and backs away until he is no longer touching the northern carved stone. Only to find the second response has apparently been a firefly dancing in front of his face. He frowns at it, wonders when his mother's fireflies all shrunk down into one. At least until he remembers she didn't come. The sudden urge to turn around and ask her why not rears up and it's only the voice of another kin that reminds him that he's here for a reason. Well, he's here for Longstride's reason.

He turns towards the red marked doe -- Give Up Forever -- and furrows his brow as he concentrates on her words. An order? "A better idea than I have," he nods. (His only idea is to ask the obelisk...)

He merely looks at Motes-In-Moonlight, lips twisting in confusion. He isn't sure that the symbols remind him of anything exactly. Or if they do, he doesn't know what. Maybe, if he stares, the lines could be a... He shakes his head; he doesn't have a clue.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:23 pm
elderheart

anemosagkelos

Give was slightly startled to be approached by the zikwa. "It's possible, but then we did manage it quite closely together when the buck at the north stone mentioned touching them. Speaking of said buck, he approached even as she spoke.

"Well we have a couple ideas going now, all together or in some sort of order," she replied to the red buck. "We're going to need a couple more to join us to organize either one."

(( need to head off for the night soon, might manage one more reply))  

Tygress Dream

Beloved Shapeshifter

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:25 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Last Night laughed, low and soft, the sound the rustling of leaves and the rush of water against rocks. The other doe seemed less burdened than she had been at their last meeting in the waking world and much more at ease here confronting a dark dream became real than the real becoming a dark dream. "Not that I know of, though the MotherFather speaks through dreams in a strange way."

"That Obelisk and I, both dreams made real," she said, nodding. Her gaze goes briefly where Ascent perched near Longstride--her fellows also choosing to observe rather than to interact--before she returned her attention to Roses in Bloom. Eyes quiet and calm, she leaned down and just a little closer. A little more, a deeper bow of her antlers against the sky, and her nose could touch the other doe's cheek. "Roses in Bloom, might you allow me a peek into your memories?"

All six of her eyes were fixed on Roses in Bloom's, the full unsettling power of her glowing eyes turned onto one kin. They were not unkind, but only if you knew how to look.

Moonstone Dazzle
I figured she should ask first even though Roses won't know what she's really talking about....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:33 pm
Kitty Sprightt

Half Truth shook her head, unusually taciturn. "Can't say I remember what it reminds me of, either. This entire scenario is unreal. It's like... like something from a story or a dream. Or a nightmare. You know, before things get terrifying and you wake up screaming. I know these symbols from somewhere, but from where or what they mean? I'm clueless."  

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:40 pm
Motes grimaced at her descriptions, turning to look again at the focal point of the scenery. "All too right," he agreed. "Nightmarish seems to be the word for it... Though the line between dream and nightmare is a bit blurry. Can only hope this thing doesn't portend anything too bad.

"Name's Motes-In-Moonlight," he added as an afterthought, "though Motes is fine."
Scaramouche Fandango

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:41 pm
Nothing new. She'd risked it for nothing.

Well, Soothe scolded herself. It hadn't been a risk, she supposed, but she could always say that in retrospect. Wait, no. She was still fairly certain that the one she'd been interacting with the most was a crane, and she knew that cranes were linked with kimeti. She hadn't seen which stone the zikwa had stepped on, but she climbed as well as she could onto the crane stone and began tracing it out with her steps, too.

"Um," she began, looking over at the zikwa. "Which stone did you stand on again?"

elderheart
hi sorry i just can't figure out which stone you traced out q_q ;;;; two of them look like fishtails to me - idk if i'm being blind ahaha * U * ;;;

thyPOPE
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

and be blue
Vice Captain

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:46 pm

Nettle had lagged behind, just a bit: old and grumpy, he'd let the crowd pull ahead and, at some point, had lost sight of the farthest back straggler. Now he finally rejoined the crowd, stopping just within sight to glare at the obelisk and eveyone around it.

"We came all this way for this??"  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:46 pm
“I’m Half Truth,” she said, “And I’ve recently found myself trying hard to tell something more akin to the whole truth, so while I’d like to say it’s nice to meet you, that would be a lie. I can’t think of anything I’d rather do less- not that meeting you is wretched, mind, but these circumstances are exactly something from my worst nightmare. I’d hoped that I could live my entire life without ever seeing this… thing ever again, and yet here I am, standing in front of it in the flesh.” She winced as the glow caught her eyes- though she was talking to Motes, her eyes were on the obelisk. Staring at the dim glow, she found herself paralyzed once again. She couldn’t look away from the thing, despite desperately wanting to; that glow, sinister and insidious, was a whisper, a promise of nothing good to come. She tasted ashes, thick and gritty, coating her tongue and throat with the pulverized bones of ages long past. A feeling of decay crept down her spine. She felt her bones crumbling, saw herself aging, dying, the fireflies singing her elegy. She shuddered, shaking, stumbling a little- she willed herself to keep the thoughts down and away. Don’t think about it. Don’t think about it. It’s not real.

Except it was real. If this nightmare rose, what did that mean? There was a boundary between this world and the world of dreams, and the wretched pillar violated it. Would that they could only send it back from whence it came. Looking up at the buck who’d addressed her, she searched his face for an explanation. “Why is it here? What does it want with us?” It was a ridiculous sentiment- stones couldn’t want anything, no more than water could want or the sky could want. And yet here they were, drawn to it. Was that not a sign of it calling them? Was that not an account of its desire? It came to them in dreams, like a name. That had to mean something.

Kitty Sprightt

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:48 pm
JesterJinx
She sniffed it, licked it lightly, and tried her best to see if it was too steep to climb "I... I don't know what this is," she whispered to the moth.

The Obelisk gives no indication that her actions have any effect on it. The side of the Obelisk is smooth except for the symbols that cover its surface and rises up almost straight into the sky. No kin will be climbing it.

thyPOPE
She hadn't seen which stone the zikwa had stepped on, but she climbed as well as she could onto the crane stone and began tracing it out with her steps, too.

When Soothe stepped onto the stone, the Obelisk suddenly glowed brighter. It was no trick of the eye for it remained bright for all to see.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:50 pm
'
thyPOPE
now that I think about it, they all kind of look like tails, hehe

He turned and nodded over to the easternmost stone, "That one." it looked like a mountain with a fish tail sprouting out of the side to him. "Do the symbols seem familiar to you at all?" He said softly, almost a whisper.  

elderheart

thyPOPE
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:01 pm
Soothe couldn't have missed it, even though she'd been facing away from the obelisk when she'd first climbed on. The obelisk was certainly glowing brighter now. She watched it, mouth gaping, for a bit, before turning to the zikwa. "I thought they were familiars for certain, at first," she responded. "But I'm even more certain, now," she added, gesturing with her head to the obelisk, which was undeniably brighter now. "I can't shake the feeling that this one is a crane," she added, stomping lightly on the stone she was already stepping on. "And I'm a kimeti. There's five stones - they must each be linked to our species. My own first guess would be that there's a sand dog, an eagle, a cheetah, and a bat, among the rest..." She gave pause, tilting her head. "Could you stand on the westernmost one, perhaps?" She couldn't think which other one might resemble a bat, and this kin was certainly a zikwa. "Oh! I-I'm Soothe, by the way," she added, smiling. She wasn't usually so forward - but the thought of a mystery like this intrigued her.

hi elderheart i edited this post so i wanted to prevent re-quoting you LOL

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:02 pm
As the obelisk randomly responded to the touch of the kin, the swan uttered a soft sound. "And more, if they have their way," she responded to his annoyed inquiry.

It was, at least, good practice for children of her own.

and be blue

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Pigxels

Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:11 pm
She stepped back down and looked around at the other kin in the swamp, trying to determine something else. She noted that occasionally, the symbols would glow.

She looked to the smaller stones around her, and climbed on top, inspecting the symbols and looking for anything underneath that would cause such a glow. To her, they just looked like common carvings, but their edges didn't seem to be carved from any hoof. She positions herself to stand exactly in the center of the bottom-left stone, immediately over the symbol, and sees whether it will shine for her.

Orb Sparks floats away to sit on a tree until she's finished, to stay out of her way, and she cranes her neck around to check on him before returning her attention to the stone, and the surrounding kin.
Completed ORP and Meta

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff