Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3997 3998 3999 4000 4001 4002 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:45 pm
burning_eyes The new layout is not preferred.

My posts are walls of text only if I make a good post. ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:38 am
I do not like it either, it's rather distracting. Also, it reminds me of a blog layout or something.  

TwinkelenS t a r

Kitsune_berry

9,100 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:00 pm
It's very strange and reminds me of Mimes (invisible bound boxes). But I suppose it's not some thing that will bother me for ever, just right now the sudden change is a little bit jarring.

I don't think I usually have walls of text, even in RPs unless for some reason I'm controlling like five characters, but then again that shouldn't normally happen.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:06 pm
                  I have had Gaia set to centered for months now... so to me, having the forums and guilds stretch all the way across the screen is like "whoah too much". I especially needed Gaia centered for my desktop, the screen resolution is so large (for my artwork) that the forum post borders actually /break/ and have repeating corners.

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

TwinkelenS t a r

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:26 pm
Yes, this modification has managed to irritate both the people that don't like the centering and those that have been using it for months now.

Way to go Gaia.. way to go.

I do not mind the changes to Gaia that much, I am just on here for role playing anyway... I do get frustrated by the fact that all the Cash shop items are ridiculously expensive, and since I am not willing to pay real money for items, I haven't really been able to purchase anything I like for my avatar lately.
-firstworldproblems-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:04 pm
yeah, i will get over the new format . . it isn't a big deal, just a "WTF? What happened here???" It really messes with my phone more than anything.

the cash shop really bugs the everloving s**t out of me. Gold economy out of control? Let's just make a whole new economy! One based on MONEY! stare I know it is to support Gaia, but honestly . . . it is out of control. $50 for a pair of wings?! This just supports the haves/havenots issue.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:25 pm
                  -twitch-

They're advertising a cash item..... via popup.... on the My Gaia page....

Who the ******** hell designed that??? Intrusive ads are like, the worst things ever wtf.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:28 pm
welian
                  -twitch-

They're advertising a cash item..... via popup.... on the My Gaia page....

Who the ******** hell designed that??? Intrusive ads are like, the worst things ever wtf.

Just received a popup ad for the first time today. At first it confused me because I had just clicked on daily chance; then it just made me angry.

It almost feels like they are attempting to piss as many people off all at once as is humanly possible. [/wordy sentence]

EDIT: On an unrelated note... Your signature makes me smile. n_n

TwinkelenS t a r

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:42 pm
                  That gif is the most wonderful thing in the world and it makes me think of my partner in crime every time I watch it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:21 pm
It's adorable and makes me want a cat. haha  

TwinkelenS t a r

Kitsune_berry

9,100 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:41 pm
Cat's are just that awesome :3  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:40 pm
Cats are awesome personified.

And yeah, this is the next abomination of the money-grubbing that has become Gaia. It sickens me to no end.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Kitsune_berry

9,100 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:45 pm
The pop up was kinda meh, I mean it's not that annoying but maybe that is just the words of some one who has become desensatized to such things... I do find it rather annoying that they want to tell me the same pop-up information, every time I come back to Gaia... but then again it's just one click and it goes away for the time being, so.... meh ^^;  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:22 pm
To me, it is about permissiveness. It starts small. Over time, it becomes more pervasive. More and more popups begin to arise. Gaia Gold becomes less and less important through devaluation and shifts to Gaia Cash. Eventually, this will become a pay site.

Yeah, I can see that happening in a few years.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:45 pm
                  Hmmm.... when you put it like that, it's somewhat plausible, isn't it?

I think a short-term remedy would be to introduce more high-value gold items in the shops. More stuff like Dernier Cri, but in some lowers price brackets - so like, gold items that cost more than 50k, but less than 1mil.

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3997 3998 3999 4000 4001 4002 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games