Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4104 4105 4106 4107 4108 4109 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:11 pm
One Piece? *hisses like a vampire at garlic* . . . not a fan. No.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:30 pm
Magni Prime
One Piece? *hisses like a vampire at garlic* . . . not a fan. No.

Awww, okay. That's fine. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes.  

Saucy Goblin

Greedy Punk

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:22 pm
One Piece is at least better than Dragon Ball Z.
That's all I can really say for or against it, since I had to watch the butchered 4kids version when it was shown here.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:29 pm
Skreemer
One Piece is at least better than Dragon Ball Z.
That's all I can really say for or against it, since I had to watch the butchered 4kids version when it was shown here.

Ew, 4kids.

To be fair, Dragon Ball Z was a good tale starting out. The writer had clear direction and a set ending. It's the tv networks that really ruined it. As they tend to do with just about any comic, manga, book series, etc when they only have the writer/writers on as creative reference. Though I respect your opinion and understand why someone wouldn't like it, I did enjoy the show until it reached a certain point.  

Saucy Goblin

Greedy Punk

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:56 pm
I did not watch the 4kids version, but did see a few episodes (maybe a dozen) and was not interested in the least. It just didn't grab me. Perhaps because I have zero interest in pirates in general. When the premise, no matter how altered by magic and horribly named fruits, is based on piracy . . . I'm out. I don't diss the show per se, nor do I take away from others enjoyment of it. Simply not for me.

Besides, isn't that where Omni, L, and the stuckup bunch went to?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:04 pm
Magni Prime
I did not watch the 4kids version, but did see a few episodes (maybe a dozen) and was not interested in the least. It just didn't grab me. Perhaps because I have zero interest in pirates in general. When the premise, no matter how altered by magic and horribly named fruits, is based on piracy . . . I'm out. I don't diss the show per se, nor do I take away from others enjoyment of it. Simply not for me.

Besides, isn't that where Omni, L, and the stuckup bunch went to?

Nope. They got their own guild, were inactive, it died and the members moved on until Ryu showed me this one.  

Saucy Goblin

Greedy Punk

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:09 pm
Chaos Reclaimer
Nope. They got their own guild, were inactive, it died and the members moved on until Ryu showed me this one.

So . . . L, Omni and crew made a new guild, it failed, and everybody left. Wow. Where have I seen that before? *dripping sarcasm*

Fair enough, but I still have no interest in One Piece. Sorry, old flirty friend, but I'll pass on that.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:30 pm
Alexander Magnus
Chaos Reclaimer

So . . . L, Omni and crew made a new guild, it failed, and everybody left. Wow. Where have I seen that before? *dripping sarcasm*

Fair enough, but I still have no interest in One Piece. Sorry, old flirty friend, but I'll pass on that.

Is cool, I can understand.  

Saucy Goblin

Greedy Punk

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:21 pm
I keep forgetting there were multiple Bleach guilds you were involved in, Magni.

Yes, DBZ during the Saiyan and Frieza sagas was pure excellence on par with DB. The Cell Saga was the start of the downturn, and the Buu saga was pretty awful... And, of course, since DBGT is 100% filler and not at all from Akira Toriyama, it was quite bad overall...  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:38 pm
Yoder
I keep forgetting there were multiple Bleach guilds you were involved in, Magni.

Yes, DBZ during the Saiyan and Frieza sagas was pure excellence on par with DB. The Cell Saga was the start of the downturn, and the Buu saga was pretty awful... And, of course, since DBGT is 100% filler and not at all from Akira Toriyama, it was quite bad overall...

I have to admit, the new movie was stellar though.  

Saucy Goblin

Greedy Punk

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:17 am
I think this touches on an issue with shonen manga and anime at large. Even the coolest of concepts is prone to become bogged down in needless filler if it becomes succesful. Especially if it's got a long mytharc that requires that there always be someone bigger, badder and more dangerous.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:28 pm
And the recently-announced sequel to the latest movie is looking even better, since it features the return of Frieza!

Yes, Skreemer, that is correct. Granted, most mangaka would not artificially stretch out their stories, but Shonen Jump (and, to be fair, other lesser-known publications) encourage/incentivize them to lengthen the plot (not that the allure of wealth and fame doesn't do enough on its own to warp the creator's original vision).  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:14 pm
I'ma going to just leave this here.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:53 pm
Kirby wins. Anybody with a copy ability like Mega Man or him wins against anybody else almost by default.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Saucy Goblin

Greedy Punk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:43 pm
User Image

Found a cool program called rainmeter. This is my desktop now <3  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4104 4105 4106 4107 4108 4109 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games