Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4133 4134 4135 4136 4137 4138 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:36 pm
@Welian: That seems like a valid option to consider, though not _instead_ of the guild itself. At least, no reason to formally exodus and shutter the guild even if we do take that option.

@OJ: Welcome, Olabisi Jana!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:42 pm
. . . I have agreed to nothing . . .  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:29 pm
Not sure if you're referring to Welian's RP or Welian's idea?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:12 pm
. . . yes.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:32 pm
As I've implied before, you'll all be very welcome when this new guild thing I'm sheriffing launches. I'll be searching down old properties of mine here to use there.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:47 pm
Before we start making too many exodus plans, isn't it worth seeing how these ideas can apply to the RPR itself? Couldn't our main forum be cleaned of old RPs (potentially moved into a private sub-forum)? From there, I see little benefit in an entirely new guild (and I'm personally very wary of the general forums). I mostly just don't see either solution as a panacea, and the RPR as-is has many benefits (yes, i'm being old-guardy and resistant to change, but such is my nature, and i'm prone to playing devil's advocate, anyway).  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:13 pm
                  Yoder has excellent counter-points. This past week or so has absolutely proven that there are people who still pay attention to the guild - the tricky bit is that users wants to see roleplays in progress, and if there's no roleplays running then it's implied that there's no activity, which means there's no point in them posting a roleplay of their own.

And, while I do still entertain the thought of have some sort of forum branch since guilds aren't used nearly as much as they used to be, I'm quite happy that my announcement has brought in a few people!

And Skreemer - the guild RPFLA? I poked around in there. I sent the VC some suggestions. I am extremely anti-subforum, as you can't delete them and it just puts an extra click between the user and the content. I think you guys have more general activity if you have all the roleplays in the main forum and just keep them tagged properly.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:57 am
I haven't read the whole conversation but it seems like you guys/we are in a crisis.  

Olabisi Jana

Invisible River

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:35 am
Not so much a crisis as a conundrum. Overall, guilds have seen major slowdowns and it's... well it's a pain. So we're tossing about ideas which might help us regain the zeitgeist we once had.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:46 am
Is that why my new rp guild isn't accumulating members as quickly as I mathematically predicted?  

Olabisi Jana

Invisible River

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:09 pm
Pretty much. That said, there is interest among older roleplayers to start again, just in a place free of clutter, with greater freedom for risks and that.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:22 pm
So, just a new, clean, fresh place, with a lot of the same people they like?  

Olabisi Jana

Invisible River

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:17 pm
                  The guild Skreemer is talking about is huuuuge. They really, REALLY need to migrate to a new place.

In 2010, when I was recruiting for a writing guild, i would send 100 invites at a time - ten round of ten invites each. About 30 people would respond.

I /could/ do that for the Refuge, but I would like to have a few more active roleplays in here first.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:02 pm
Welians right. Glad someones familiar with what I'm dealing with. We're really working on making sure we just get the active or in stasis roleplayers there. This place is still salvageable with work. When A Whole New World is launched fully, I'll make sure to direct people to here as well.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:21 pm
I'm open to suggestions. If a clean wipe is what the place needs, I will gladly do it myself. I just don't know. Over the past 11 years, it is hard to imagine something that hasn't been tried.

EDIT: the main forum has RPs that have not been posted on in five years. I'd say it's time for a cleaning.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4133 4134 4135 4136 4137 4138 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games