Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4185 4186 4187 4188 4189 4190 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:22 am
Chaos Reclaimer

Well, I sent the guild a join request with a link to the following sample. I hope they approve.
User Image======== ========
Vae Victus
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - Kouhei Mori
================

The change in her demeanor was palpable. Whatever he had said had displeased her, and he was aware of it. Still, he had never put stock in the feelings of others with the exception of two- and both of them disappointed him greatly. Thus, her approval was of no consequence to him. She took a deep breath to steady herself from his attitude, and that only reaffirmed that he had gotten to her by simply being himself. A forced smile, a charade to try and remain on good terms when she would prefer to be gone. THAT was the validation he enjoyed most. The begrudging acknowledgement of his skills and abilities. ‘Oberint Dum Metuant.’ An ancient phrase taken to mean “let them hate me, as long as they fear me.” Fear was not required, but the idea was the same here. Minato still needed his skill. Once again, he was hated, but needed. Every inch of his power and respect was hard-earned on purpose. Kouhei Mori could never be accused of not earning his place, as he had done it over and over again despite never being wanted or popular. Now, two captains are at his door wanting his aid in developing a few things. To that end, she made a comment about being disappointed in him. That made him stop and glare at her. Was she truly going to take the role of superior here? Perhaps she needed to be educated. How fitting he was dubbed a professor. He had never taken the time to teach before- but this once he likely could. She turned her back on him and returned to the dubious ally she left at the door. A quick comment on not being ignorant later, she reiterated about the bracelets they mentioned. How droll.

His stare was piercing as he did not relent to the captain of squad 12.
“I did understand you, and your goals are not mine. You suggest to sour their song. However, if you deflect a beam control is lost and entropy takes over. Disrupting the base of hollow powers will introduce random effects within a variance including difficulty aiming a power, and the severity of effect. The entire purpose is to save lives and end the threat- souring their notes will increase the chaos and collateral damage. I seek to silence the song. Don’t pretend I’m an idiot. Your haori rested on my shoulders several times until I chose to leave it.” His glare softened from contempt at the perceived insult to one of near-condescension. Still focused on her, he answered her comment with little in the way of courtesy.

“As for your ‘bracelets,’ that is unwise. We can track hollow signatures and soul phones across dimensional barriers, you didn’t expect me to develop a tag for your so-called allies. As for a way of weakening arrancar powers, you have two options that are immediate. Drain them of excess power, or limit their ability to use power. Either is dangerous.” Again, his left hand fell to the console beside him, and began a series of gestures. The holographic interface hummed to life with an image of a stream of particles moving from the top down, like looking at a river from above.

“If you seek to depower a soul- regardless of resonance, you must find a way to take a desired portion out. This limits the amount of power available at a given time.” The image beside him on the dais shows a branch from the stream taking away from that source, and the remainder below the branching point was weaker and smaller. “However, doing so means either allowing that energy to dissipate into the environment, or stored in some way. Flooding the Seireitei with hollow presence can be dangerous to those weaker than the hollowkin, and forcing them to grow up in a world of oppressive energy. We do not need to live in a shadow of Hueco Mundo. Containment can prevent that eventuality, but then you come up with the new issue of storage. The energy must be contained, but over time will fill it’s container. What do you do with the equivalent of a hollow-reiatsu bomb?” The second stream is suddenly blocked, and as he described it, bulges to a point of bursting- but the rest is left to the imagination. The river is reset as he moves on to the other option.

“If you seek to limit the amount of power available for use by a soul, then you will not deal with the bursting bomb issue. What you have is training. Those restricted will become accustomed to a tighter flow.” This time, halfway down the flow, the stream narrows, and the area above it widens. Not bursting, as the outflow moves a bit faster, showing pressure. After hearing what Yuu had to say, he made an extra couple gestures, and white stones appeared on either side of the flow to represent sekisekki. “Sekisekki, or an artificial variant, would work as effectively on their power as ours. It nullifies energy that it comes into contact with, the source is irrelevant. This, while effective, creates a pseudo gentei-kaijo. They will live in a restricted state, like a person wearing weighted clothes. A temporary measure that will allow that person to appear weaker. In actuality, you train them to have even greater power. If for any reason the limiter is removed or fails, the full power will be released as an even greater flow.” Corresponding to that, the graphic removes the sekisekki stones, and the flow continues on with the wider path.

“I have lived through several wars with arrancar. I have seen them turn en-masse within our own walls at the opportunity of aiding an insurrection. We just were invaded, and you want to either create pockets of their energy, or empower them? No. I cannot support such a dangerous and foolhardy concept. Arrancar are our enemies by nature and choice. They and we are two sides of the same coin, neither can exist in the same space as the other. You want trackers? I can have something in minutes. You want a controller? Use the sword at your hip. Purification by blade is the only solution for arrancar.” His holographic construct ended, and he looked away from them both, his eyes filled with anger and . . . a bit of pain. It disappears in a moment, but it was there.

“Arrancar cannot be trusted. That has been proven in many ways by many examples. Calling them allies will lead to ruin.”

✖ OoC:

Odoeb

II That Asian Girl II

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:41 am
Hello all~! c:

My name on here is Alunary but you can call me Rose, Alu or Luna, it's up to you. Nice to meet you all~!

I'm 24, live in the UK, run an art shop, and love to RP (Obviously). ¦D

I prefer using anime pics for RPs with a fantasy element and romance is sometimes a must, it depends on the RP. I also prefer mature RPs rather than teens, so school RPs and stuff like that are usually out of the question.

If you wanna RP with me, please let me know!

emotion_bigheart

Alunary

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:48 am
Alunary
Hello all~! c:

My name on here is Alunary but you can call me Rose, Alu or Luna, it's up to you. Nice to meet you all~!

I prefer using anime pics for RPs with a fantasy element and romance is sometimes a must, it depends on the RP. I also prefer mature RPs rather than teens, so school RPs and stuff like that are usually out of the question.

emotion_bigheart

Well met, Luna. It is a pleasure to meet you and welcome you to this place. Anime pics provide quite the variety of fantastical characters- and I also prefer them. Sometimes it is awkward however. In the sample I provided in my previous post . . . I play a rather arrogant and antagonistic character, but the image is of a total goofball. Whenever I watch the anime now, it strikes me how different "Kouhei Mori" is from "Lloyd Asplundh." sweatdrop Do you have that issue?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:54 am
Magni Prime
Alunary
Hello all~! c:

emotion_bigheart

Well met, Luna. It is a pleasure to meet you and welcome you to this place. Anime pics provide quite the variety of fantastical characters- and I also prefer them. Sometimes it is awkward however. In the sample I provided in my previous post . . . I play a rather arrogant and antagonistic character, but the image is of a total goofball. Whenever I watch the anime now, it strikes me how different "Kouhei Mori" is from "Lloyd Asplundh." sweatdrop Do you have that issue?

Nice to meet you~
What should I call you? o:

Ha! That's amazing xD

I actually make a point to not take anime pics from anime I've watched. I'll often use fan works or use a pic from an anime I haven't seen before so I don't accidentally use the original character's personality. There have been times where I've used pics from anime I've seen but I've always made sure that my character's personality is different from the original's so I rarely have that issue. c:

Alunary

Saucy Goblin

Greedy Punk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:56 am
Magni Prime
Chaos Reclaimer

Well, I sent the guild a join request with a link to the following sample. I hope they approve.
Vae Victus
================

The change in her demeanor was palpable. Whatever he had said had displeased her, and he was aware of it. Still, he had never put stock in the feelings of others with the exception of two- and both of them disappointed him greatly. Thus, her approval was of no consequence to him. She took a deep breath to steady herself from his attitude, and that only reaffirmed that he had gotten to her by simply being himself. A forced smile, a charade to try and remain on good terms when she would prefer to be gone. THAT was the validation he enjoyed most. The begrudging acknowledgement of his skills and abilities. ‘Oberint Dum Metuant.’ An ancient phrase taken to mean “let them hate me, as long as they fear me.” Fear was not required, but the idea was the same here. Minato still needed his skill. Once again, he was hated, but needed. Every inch of his power and respect was hard-earned on purpose. Kouhei Mori could never be accused of not earning his place, as he had done it over and over again despite never being wanted or popular. Now, two captains are at his door wanting his aid in developing a few things. To that end, she made a comment about being disappointed in him. That made him stop and glare at her. Was she truly going to take the role of superior here? Perhaps she needed to be educated. How fitting he was dubbed a professor. He had never taken the time to teach before- but this once he likely could. She turned her back on him and returned to the dubious ally she left at the door. A quick comment on not being ignorant later, she reiterated about the bracelets they mentioned. How droll.

“I did understand you, and your goals are not mine. You suggest to sour their song. However, if you deflect a beam control is lost and entropy takes over. Disrupting the base of hollow powers will introduce random effects within a variance including difficulty aiming a power, and the severity of effect. The entire purpose is to save lives and end the threat- souring their notes will increase the chaos and collateral damage. I seek to silence the song. Don’t pretend I’m an idiot. Your haori rested on my shoulders several times until I chose to leave it.” His glare softened from contempt at the perceived insult to one of near-condescension. Still focused on her, he answered her comment with little in the way of courtesy.

“As for your ‘bracelets,’ that is unwise. We can track hollow signatures and soul phones across dimensional barriers, you didn’t expect me to develop a tag for your so-called allies. As for a way of weakening arrancar powers, you have two options that are immediate. Drain them of excess power, or limit their ability to use power. Either is dangerous.” Again, his left hand fell to the console beside him, and began a series of gestures. The holographic interface hummed to life with an image of a stream of particles moving from the top down, like looking at a river from above.

“If you seek to depower a soul- regardless of resonance, you must find a way to take a desired portion out. This limits the amount of power available at a given time.” The image beside him on the dais shows a branch from the stream taking away from that source, and the remainder below the branching point was weaker and smaller. “However, doing so means either allowing that energy to dissipate into the environment, or stored in some way. Flooding the Seireitei with hollow presence can be dangerous to those weaker than the hollowkin, and forcing them to grow up in a world of oppressive energy. We do not need to live in a shadow of Hueco Mundo. Containment can prevent that eventuality, but then you come up with the new issue of storage. The energy must be contained, but over time will fill it’s container. What do you do with the equivalent of a hollow-reiatsu bomb?” The second stream is suddenly blocked, and as he described it, bulges to a point of bursting- but the rest is left to the imagination. The river is reset as he moves on to the other option.

“If you seek to limit the amount of power available for use by a soul, then you will not deal with the bursting bomb issue. What you have is training. Those restricted will become accustomed to a tighter flow.” This time, halfway down the flow, the stream narrows, and the area above it widens. Not bursting, as the outflow moves a bit faster, showing pressure. After hearing what Yuu had to say, he made an extra couple gestures, and white stones appeared on either side of the flow to represent sekisekki. “Sekisekki, or an artificial variant, would work as effectively on their power as ours. It nullifies energy that it comes into contact with, the source is irrelevant. This, while effective, creates a pseudo gentei-kaijo. They will live in a restricted state, like a person wearing weighted clothes. A temporary measure that will allow that person to appear weaker. In actuality, you train them to have even greater power. If for any reason the limiter is removed or fails, the full power will be released as an even greater flow.” Corresponding to that, the graphic removes the sekisekki stones, and the flow continues on with the wider path.

“I have lived through several wars with arrancar. I have seen them turn en-masse within our own walls at the opportunity of aiding an insurrection. We just were invaded, and you want to either create pockets of their energy, or empower them? No. I cannot support such a dangerous and foolhardy concept. Arrancar are our enemies by nature and choice. They and we are two sides of the same coin, neither can exist in the same space as the other. You want trackers? I can have something in minutes. You want a controller? Use the sword at your hip. Purification by blade is the only solution for arrancar.” His holographic construct ended, and he looked away from them both, his eyes filled with anger and . . . a bit of pain. It disappears in a moment, but it was there.

“Arrancar cannot be trusted. That has been proven in many ways by many examples. Calling them allies will lead to ruin.”

✖ OoC:

Odoeb

II That Asian Girl II

I mean, that is good and it's Jake. So it's not like he'd have any reason to reject you.

Alunary: yo, if you're big into Rp and anime, there's a guild called Bleach: Elites recruiting. Not sure if you're a fan a fan of Bleach at all.

Side note: whenever I type Bleach it wants to correct to Bleachsama@hotmail.com  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:00 am
Alunary
Nice to meet you~

Ha! That's amazing xD

I actually make a point to not take anime pics from anime I've watched. I'll often use fan works or use a pic from an anime I haven't seen before so I don't accidentally use the original character's personality. There have been times where I've used pics from anime I've seen but I've always made sure that my character's personality is different from the original's so I rarely have that issue. c:

Call me as you wish. Magni, Prime, I would give you my nickname this place gave me, but it is a hell of a lot longer than just parts (or all) of my handle. I'm fairly informal and if you don't see me draw attention to a black armband on my forearm, then no worries I'm just a member like you.

I didn't intend to make Kohei be such a break from Lloyd, but I wanted a lithe scientific character. Not one physically imposing, but somebody that could manouver. The art style of Gode Geass is so thin and bony it worked well. I also have a penchant for white/gray hair, and it was there for the taking. The only real problem is my character is so damn serious and Lloyd Asplundh is always smiling. Getting a good image was difficult. Oh well, I got what I need for now.

Most of my characterization is from my writing style. The image gives a frame of reference for physical appearance- nothing more. It is up to the player to write what is thought, felt, said, and done in a post. The image lets you know what I look like . . . but I am the character in a RP. In fact, character images are relatively new for me. I far prefer to use a description, something original from my mind. However, an image does streamline the process if something can be found to fit the proverbial bill.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:03 am
Chaos Reclaimer
I mean, that is good and it's Jake. So it's not like he'd have any reason to reject you.

Alunary: yo, if you're big into Rp and anime, there's a guild called Bleach: Elites recruiting. Not sure if you're a fan a fan of Bleach at all.

I never got to know "Jake" very well- if at all. Still, I prefer to go through the motions. If I get in, it should be because I was accepted as a player, not through friendship. (shades of kouhei there).

I don't know what it is, but I LOVE Bleach. Yes, it is objectively the same as so many others, but it really resonates with me. Now, if only we could cross it with like Ronin Warriors to include full suits of armor, I'd be over the moon happy.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:04 am
Chaos Reclaimer
Magni Prime
Chaos Reclaimer

Vae Victus
================

✖ OoC:

Odoeb

II That Asian Girl II

Hey! c:
Thanks but I'm not a huge Bleach fan xD

Alunary

Alunary

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:07 am
Magni Prime
Alunary
Nice to meet you~

Ha! That's amazing xD

Call me as you wish. Magni, Prime, I would give you my nickname this place gave me, but it is a hell of a lot longer than just parts (or all) of my handle. I'm fairly informal and if you don't see me draw attention to a black armband on my forearm, then no worries I'm just a member like you.

I didn't intend to make Kohei be such a break from Lloyd, but I wanted a lithe scientific character. Not one physically imposing, but somebody that could manouver. The art style of Gode Geass is so thin and bony it worked well. I also have a penchant for white/gray hair, and it was there for the taking. The only real problem is my character is so damn serious and Lloyd Asplundh is always smiling. Getting a good image was difficult. Oh well, I got what I need for now.

Most of my characterization is from my writing style. The image gives a frame of reference for physical appearance- nothing more. It is up to the player to write what is thought, felt, said, and done in a post. The image lets you know what I look like . . . but I am the character in a RP. In fact, character images are relatively new for me. I far prefer to use a description, something original from my mind. However, an image does streamline the process if something can be found to fit the proverbial bill.

Nice to meet you, Magni! c:

Oh wow, that sounds like it was a struggle. xD

I'm the same way, I only use an image as a way of showing how my character looks to make it easier for the people I'm RPing with to picture how my character looks. Everything else I always type in detail in a paragraph or more.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:10 am
Alunary

I'm the same way, I only use an image as a way of showing how my character looks to make it easier for the people I'm RPing with to picture how my character looks. Everything else I always type in detail in a paragraph or more.

*warm smile* The pleasure is mine.

Not so much a struggle during the writing, but more of an annoyance now. Code Geass is a bit more awkward to watch. "KOUHEI DOESN'T SOUND LIKE THAT!!! Wait- that is not Kouhei. dammit."

My posts have become (in)famous. If you don't mind a novel, then come on over. If you do not have about 5+ minutes to read a post, then perhaps just skip to the end. I've taken to adding what amounts to a TL;DR section at the bottom. sweatdrop  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Alunary

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:15 am
Magni Prime
Alunary

*warm smile* The pleasure is mine.

Not so much a struggle during the writing, but more of an annoyance now. Code Geass is a bit more awkward to watch. "KOUHEI DOESN'T SOUND LIKE THAT!!! Wait- that is not Kouhei. dammit."

My posts have become (in)famous. If you don't mind a novel, then come on over. If you do not have about 5+ minutes to read a post, then perhaps just skip to the end. I've taken to adding what amounts to a TL;DR section at the bottom. sweatdrop

Ha! I can imagine. xD

Oh my ¦D
Well I actually wanna open my own kinda romance/fantasy RP in a moment in the forums. I'm gonna finish dinner soon then set that up so keep at eye open for that~

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:17 am
Alunary
Ha! I can imagine. xD

Oh my ¦D
Well I actually wanna open my own kinda romance/fantasy RP in a moment in the forums. I'm gonna finish dinner soon then set that up so keep at eye open for that~

By all means. The Refuge is your playground. If you have friends you'd like to bring in here, feel free to spread the word. In the meantime, have fun setting things up and we can hopefully see you active in the future. All else fails, I'm here all the blasted time and up for chatting. 3nodding  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Alunary

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:03 pm
Magni Prime
Alunary
Ha! I can imagine. xD

Oh my ¦D

By all means. The Refuge is your playground. If you have friends you'd like to bring in here, feel free to spread the word. In the meantime, have fun setting things up and we can hopefully see you active in the future. All else fails, I'm here all the blasted time and up for chatting. 3nodding

Thanks! > w<
I don't have many mates of mine that RP sadly. It's why I wanted to be part of an RPing guild. c:

Here's my RP: The Alliance

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:41 pm
Alunary
Thanks! > w<
I don't have many mates of mine that RP sadly. It's why I wanted to be part of an RPing guild. c:

I feel your pain there, friend. The only 'group' I can count on to play is about 2 hours drive away, and they are bums. They won't get off their butts and come here, so I would have to do all the effort to go to them if I wanted to RP. Thus, I don't really have a group in life. Here, RP has been hit or miss lately. The guild has been slow (I am ashamed to admit), and my other prospects dried up.

Chaos drew our attention to a former haunt that has been reformatted, so that might be promising . . .

As for your RP, I read it already and thought about a character that might have worked in that world. I would need to change his appearance, but he was a person with obtenebration called Wraith. Controlling shadows/darkness. Not evil- just darkness. I modeled him to be similar to Magneto, fighting for his people using power, but with a 'noble ideal' in mind.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Alunary

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:46 pm
Magni Prime
Alunary
Thanks! > w<

I feel your pain there, friend. The only 'group' I can count on to play is about 2 hours drive away, and they are bums. They won't get off their butts and come here, so I would have to do all the effort to go to them if I wanted to RP. Thus, I don't really have a group in life. Here, RP has been hit or miss lately. The guild has been slow (I am ashamed to admit), and my other prospects dried up.

Chaos drew our attention to a former haunt that has been reformatted, so that might be promising . . .

As for your RP, I read it already and thought about a character that might have worked in that world. I would need to change his appearance, but he was a person with obtenebration called Wraith. Controlling shadows/darkness. Not evil- just darkness. I modeled him to be similar to Magneto, fighting for his people using power, but with a 'noble ideal' in mind.

Oh irl I have no mates that RP. I have a couple of friends in the cities near me but it's a struggle to see each other because it can cost quite a bit of money for us to visit each other. x.x

What's the former haunt? o.o

Oooh, sounds interesting~! I've made it so people can just post their profiles for now so I can add them to the completed profiles before I open it. Plus photobucket is being annoying; I can't seem to save any edited pictures, meaning I can't post even if I wanted to. xD;

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4185 4186 4187 4188 4189 4190 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games