Welcome to Gaia! ::

Annual User Run Ball Planning Guild

Back to Guilds

The event planning organisation for the AURB! 

Tags: aurb, annual ball, ball, user run, event 

Reply Locked Threads
15th AURB Theme Brainstorming Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:23 pm
PinkieKitty
I'm hankering for a classic MMO-feel. We create a fantasy realm, and send the users on a quest of sorts. This gives us a lot of creative license, though we can base it off of LOTR/Warcraft/Arthurian Legend/Anything really. I'd KILL to play an evil wizard villain.

This also gives us an easy in for prizes. Sidequests? BAM, prizes. We could even find a way to use classes. Enter an art contest to train with the bards, learn spells and cast them using the dice rolling system. IDK, the world is our oyster.

This would be really cool tbh. I'm a sucker for elves so anything that lets me be an elf is good in my books lmao. What kind of plot events did you have in mind?

As long as it doesn't end up like Sword Art Online I'd be happy.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:08 pm
troubled-pasta
PinkieKitty
I'm hankering for a classic MMO-feel. We create a fantasy realm, and send the users on a quest of sorts. This gives us a lot of creative license, though we can base it off of LOTR/Warcraft/Arthurian Legend/Anything really. I'd KILL to play an evil wizard villain.

This also gives us an easy in for prizes. Sidequests? BAM, prizes. We could even find a way to use classes. Enter an art contest to train with the bards, learn spells and cast them using the dice rolling system. IDK, the world is our oyster.

This would be really cool tbh. I'm a sucker for elves so anything that lets me be an elf is good in my books lmao. What kind of plot events did you have in mind?

i read plot events as pot plants and now i need to scrub my brain  

Brokuto

Antagonistic Rogue

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:49 pm
Brokuto

Good job buddy, u nailed it ( uu)b  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:07 pm
troubled-pasta
Brokuto

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Brokuto

Antagonistic Rogue

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:15 pm
Brokuto
troubled-pasta
Brokuto

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

this makes me so uncomfortable  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:13 am
troubled-pasta
Love Renewed
TheMainCharacter1

Haha I must admit I didnt think my idea would get this much responce,
Combining with the hollywood theme would be pretty funny!
We could have like a person act as 'Security' or an 'Investigator' too if we wanted! They could lead the guests around to find the clues or something xD

ArtAppreciationist

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:02 pm
ArtAppreciationist
troubled-pasta
Love Renewed
TheMainCharacter1

Haha I must admit I didnt think my idea would get this much responce,
Combining with the hollywood theme would be pretty funny!
We could have like a person act as 'Security' or an 'Investigator' too if we wanted! They could lead the guests around to find the clues or something xD

That could work, although that investigator role does sound like a lot of work for one character.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:34 pm
troubled-pasta

That could work, although that investigator role does sound like a lot of work for one character.

We can always have the investigator have some quirk like they need to go away and collect their thoughts before coming back to show a clue. They can also have an assistant that can help.  

TheMainCharacter1

Unleashed Humorist

27,415 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Gaian 50

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:35 pm
TheMainCharacter1
troubled-pasta

We can always have the investigator have some quirk like they need to go away and collect their thoughts before coming back to show a clue. They can also have an assistant that can help.

Oooh yeah, that sounds good :>  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:37 pm
One Thousand and One Nights?
We can play as characters from those stories.

Arabian Knights?

Thieves, royalty, mythical beings, genies all looking for a treasure in the desert. Some sort of gathering at an oasis.  

TheMainCharacter1

Unleashed Humorist

27,415 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Gaian 50

PinkieKitty

Mewling Lunatic

16,375 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:21 pm
troubled-pasta
PinkieKitty

Basically a rip in timespace opens up in Gaia, transporting ball guests to a fantasy realm, where a kingdom is under siege by an evil sorcerer. So the king hires the guests to become adventurers to help take down the sorcerer. We can have co-hosts play captain of the guard, mages, medics, and of course, the evil henchmen on the other side of the war.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:32 pm
TheMainCharacter1

Arabian Knights?

Thieves, royalty, mythical beings, genies all looking for a treasure in the desert. Some sort of gathering at an oasis.

Is this too close to classic literature?

AugureyRiddle

Irregular Genius

TheMainCharacter1

Unleashed Humorist

27,415 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:40 pm
ZoieAmandaSaxon
TheMainCharacter1

Arabian Knights?

Is this too close to classic literature?

Not too sure. Maybe for Thousand Nights but I think with Arabian knights it's open enough.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:51 pm
troubled-pasta
TheMainCharacter1

Oooh yeah, that sounds good :>

Haha! I cant help but imagine a Detective Conan type character xD

ArtAppreciationist

ArtAppreciationist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:57 pm
PinkieKitty

Basically a rip in timespace opens up in Gaia, transporting ball guests to a fantasy realm, where a kingdom is under siege by an evil sorcerer. So the king hires the guests to become adventurers to help take down the sorcerer. We can have co-hosts play captain of the guard, mages, medics, and of course, the evil henchmen on the other side of the war.

I would love this one! Thou I'm a sucker for MMO's ;3
Plus when people(guests) created their own threads it could be like sidequests or something (sorry for the double post i just read this idea and wanted to contribute Dx)

Locked Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff