Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:55 pm
"His fingers moved a tiny bit," the blond informed his best friend just as eagerly, not wanting to move his hands away from Zevran's at all, not now. "Man, he might be, and he's definitely not. And I'm gonna go ahead and guess no, they won't let me bring him any coffee," he said with another chuckle, moving one hand away so he could reach up to smooth it over Zev's fine blond hair. Soon!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:08 pm
"Well, maybe when they move him to a normal ward hu? Not having coffee sucks." ...And now he kind of wanted a coffee, or any kind of drink actually but he didn't want to leave to go get one. Taavi sat back in his seat again and flipped open his file, though he didn't actually look down at the pages. "Do you think visiting hours are the same on other wards as they are here? I could see if I could get some night shifts so I could come hang out with him in the afternoon if they are."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:38 pm
Abel chuckled a little again. "Yeah it does, and maybe then. Hopefully, anyway, though I really have no idea..." They'd have to let him eat or drink on his own though, wouldn't they? Probably. But would they let him have coffee? "Ah, I don't know about their visiting hours... I'd think so, maybe longer? Hopefully longer? We can ask later... and I'd appreciate it if you could. He'll appreciate it too, I'm sure," he added with a smile.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:43 pm
"Yeah, I don't know," Taavi frowned slightly as he tried to remember if he'd ever found out before; he failed. "I don't remember from when you were here... and they didn't keep you all that long, either time. But," he shrugged and smiled again, "easy to find out. And getting a night shift won't be a problem, people are generally happy to give one up given half a chance!"  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:53 pm
"I don't remember either honestly," the bond admitted with a brief shrug. He'd been stuck there as long as they felt like keeping him anyway. "But you're right, it's easy enough to find out, and I don't blame anyone who wants to give away a night shift! I know I'd try to give them away as much as possible if I had them, but we don't stay open that late thankfully. But that means I'll be working mostly during visitor hours anyway." Which sucked but there wasn't much he could do about it. Oh well. Happily Abel gave Zev's fingers another soft squeeze, the fingers on his other hand gently coming through his hair.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:12 pm
Zevran's fingers twitched slightly again and as Abel stroked his hair his lips moved slightly too, a momentary tightening before his expression went lax again.

"Oh, I saw that!" Taavi grinned and squeezed Abel's arm. It felt kind of weird sitting here watching his friend slowly creep towards consciousness but now that he was here he was pretty sure that coming had been the right decision.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:23 pm
There was no possible way anything could dim the bright grin on Abel's face. His thumb kept running slow circles over Zevran's fingers and knuckles while his other hand remained petting his hair. "Me too! Man, you sure are taking your sweet time, aren't you? That's alright, we can wait."  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:34 pm
A few hours felt like a long time all of a sudden, why couldn't he just be awake now? Abel was right though they could wait, waiting a few hours was a lot better than a lot of other stuff that could have happened.

Taavi nodded. "Yeah, he'll do it in his own time! I mean, rushing to wake up would probably be uncool right? Got to keep it casual! He has an image to maintain after all."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:48 pm
Taavi wasn't the only one who felt like hours felt like forever suddenly, but that was fine, he could wait. If he kept telling himself that maybe the urge to bounce in his seat would go away.

As if.

"Well of course he does," he agreed with a soft chuckle. Though after he said it, he couldn't help but think that if Zev could he'd rush to wake up anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:56 pm
"We can wait though, like you said," Taavi nodded with a wry smile. "However long it takes, we've got time. Um. Do you mind if I get on with some reading now? I don't want to just sit here ignoring you but I could do with getting through it before I go back to work tomorrow." He was behind on, well, on a lot of stuff now. It wasn't important compared to what he'd been doing instead but now he had a chance to make up for lost time he really should get on with it.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:00 pm
"Exactly; we can wait." And he'd wait as long as it took.

Taavi's question drew a slightly surprised expression out of him and he turned his focus to his best friend for a moment or two. "Oh yeah, of course man. Don't feel like you have to sit waiting on the edge of your seat for hours, do what you gotta do."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:10 pm
Taavi looked mildly relieved. "Okay, cool! Thanks!"

Time passed as Taavi worked his way through the papers he'd brought along. Every so often, and more often as time went on, Zevran reacted a little to a squeeze of his hand or a touch to his face or hair. Summer checked in from time to time and ran through a series of tests to check her patient's alertness; when she pinched the back of his hand as one of them he started to frown and pull away from the mild pain by two in the afternoon, and around four he started to open his eyes in response though he didn't focus on anyone and soon closed them again.

It was just after five when Zevran opened his eyes again, this time spontaneously. He frowned in a rather puzzled manner and blinked up at the ceiling as his mind struggled to form something approaching a coherent thought.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:20 pm
As the hours stretched on not once did Abel leave Zevran's bedside, so determined was he to be there when his boyfriend awoke. Speaking of, he really was taking his sweet time, but that was okay, that was just fine. He much preferred Zev waking slowly than not waking at all. Waking slowly was perfectly fine. Better than fine.

It still brought a bright grin to his face - excited and yet still hopeful, because it might not be just yet completely - when his love's eyes opened and he frowned. "Hey there handsome, are you finally waking up now, or still taking your time?"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:28 pm
Taavi looked up from his work abruptly and held his breath. he looked... Well not focused, but he'd opened his eyes without being prodded, that was good even if he wasn't really with it yet!

Voice, friendly.

He turned his head to the side, tried to focus on the shape of the speaker.

Things were making noises other than the voice. Air smelled strange.

A hand held his.

He looked at the hands - yes, one of those was his, the other was paler - and ran his tongue over his dry lips. Something he should do, or say, but he didn't know what. He looked at the voice's face again.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:36 pm
Ah, yep, he seemed at least somewhat awake and alert, even if... unfocused and probably unaware. Abel smiled softly as one hand gently smoothed itself overtop Zevran's, the other still curled around it. "You're in the hospital," he told him somewhat slowly, unsure if he'd understand or respond but felt compelled to inform him anyway just in case. "You're probably gonna be stuck here for at least another week." A pause. Was that enough? Should he say more? No, that was probably good for now, he didn't want to overwhelm him.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff