Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { After School Special } -----Character Plotting
[Club TEST] Brute Ball Pick-Up

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:58 pm
This is a revisit to the concept of TiH’s American Football, aptly named Bruteball.

The aim of the game is to have your team score touchdowns (Or Beatdowns) by taking the ball to the endzone. Each touchdown will be worth 1 point. First to 3 (or whatever both teams agree on before the game starts) goes.

Can’t have too many players on the field

Teams will be in groups of 4, one whom will act as the Quarterback and 3 others participating as Defenders/Receivers as necessary. (wanna call yourself a fullback, a wide receiver, runningback, BEASTMODE? Tight End (yeah, I went there), Linebacker, the best bootygrab backer, whatever). One team will be called the Squad, the other, the Mob.

Members of the squad should be assigned 3 numbers, from 1-10 (Ex: Bob has 2, 7, & 9. Deliah has 3, 4 & 10. Armando has 1, 6 & 8.)

STARTING

The “Coin flip” - Who goes first

1 representative from each team will roll 1d10, the highest roll can decide if they wish to go on the Offense first (meaning to head towards the Endzone / Goal) or Defense ( to prevent the other team from getting to the Endzone). The Team who wins the coin Flip will have their Endzone at the 0 Yard line, the opposing teams Endzone is on the 50 Yard line.

Making Plays

The offensive Team will have the control of the ball, and will use execute a play.

(* as this is still in the works, the play that we will be using will be a Short Pass, more may come as this develops) the point of a play is to keep moving towards your teams Endzone, whether it is on the 0 Yard Line, or the 50 Yard line.

____Short Pass Play

Quarterback or QB (OwO) will get in position and look for a member of the squad that looks like they can receive the pass.

Quote:
The Quarterback will also roll 2d10

* First Die: Correlates with the member of the squad that you will throw the Ball to.

* If the First Die lands on a number that does not correlate with a member of your squad, it is considered a Dead ball/ incomplete pass

* Second Die: The distance that the ball has travelled (measured in Yards)

Quote:
Defense members rolls 1d10

Maybe a member of the mob is chasing down someone on offense, maybe they are trying to block the QB from seeing their target, maybe they are breaking out some funky fresh moves and kicked the in air ball towards the FEARleaders.

* A 1-2 or 9-10 will result in the ball being blocked

* A 5 will result with the ball being intercepted, in which the very same player should roll a 1d6, and run in the Opposite direction, toward their own Endzone. (*see below for info on interceptions)

Quote:
Squad member receiving the pass should roll 1d10

* 1-4 will result with an incomplete pass

* Anything other than that, huzzah you did the thing!

DO THE THING! WIN THE POINTS!

The Team in control with the ball will have a chance to progress further down to their respective Endzone/Goal.

Each failed attempt, be it from an incomplete pass or Dead ball result in a Down.

After 4 downs or unable to make 10 yards after four attempts, you will have to relinquish control of the ball to the opposing team, who will them have to try to make it to their goal to get a Beatdown.

Once you have scored a beatdown and gained a point, the opposing team gains control of the ball and must start 40 Yards away from their respective Endzone (the 10 or 40 Yard Line).

Interception!

* An Interception means that a member of the Mod was able to get the ball from the Squad, in which the very same player should roll a 1d6, as they will be heading over to where their Endzone is, in the opposite direction.

(EX: Play starts at the 32nd yard line and heading to 0, where the ball is thrown 4 Yards and gets intercepted at the 28 Yard line, it is then run 6 yards (towards 50), meaning that it would end upon the 34 Yard line in the hands of the opposing team, who’s only 16 yards away from their Endzone!)

Sidenotes

QB cannot be tackled.

No field goals, kickoff or extra point conversions for the sake of everyone’s sanity.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:03 pm
Need 8 people to test this out on Saturday (2/5/2015) for ~ an hour or so.
- Seiji (Beejoux)
- Zaire (Cheekiebirdiee)
- Kenta (robot kitten) - evenings
-
-
-
-
-

We can do the rolls and brief descriptions of what is happening. You may go back and re-edit to reach word count.

[quote][size=9][color=blue][b]Team Squad[/b][/color] / [color=green][b]Team Mob[/b][/color]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Position:[/b] Quarterback / Receiver
[align=center][b]Current Yard:[/b] /50
[b]Blocks:[/b] /4
(([i]Currently held by Squad/Mob[/i]))[/align][/size][/quote]

**All participants gets one of my three SE or one of Dante's.
**All participants gets put into a raffle for an item, I will PM for further details. It's from the Cash Shop.
**All participants will get 1 RP point for 800 Words

Phifer's SE:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dante's SE:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Bloodlust Dante

Fortunate Hellraiser

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:09 pm
PhiferWolf
Need 8 people to test this out on Saturday (2/5/2015) for ~ an hour or so.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

We can do the rolls and brief descriptions of what is happening. You may go back and re-edit to reach word count.

**All participants gets one of my three SE or one of Dante's.
**All participants gets put into a raffle for an item, I will PM for further details. It's from the Cash Shop.
**All participants will get 1 RP point for 800 Words

Phifer's SE:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I will be offering the following:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Look at that Terra bounce, you know you want to smack down some musclehead boil to get that.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:19 pm
Soo..feel free to ignore me, if this isn't open yet or is past open or whatever but Zaire would totally be up for participation if its still on! Yes bruteball..yes.  

Cheekiebirdiee

Mysterious Kitten

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:27 am
Cheekiebirdiee
Soo..feel free to ignore me, if this isn't open yet or is past open or whatever but Zaire would totally be up for participation if its still on! Yes bruteball..yes.
Sure! However, it was to be Saturday, but some things came up ((and we didn't feel like it was really fleshed out enough)) so we post-poned it for a bit. However, still looking for more and we would greatly appreciate the help!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:02 am
Seiji is in, whenever this is going on. And for however long he's still a student xD  

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:52 am
Kenta is down for this! He's more of a casketball person but he loves anything with running, group sports, and chasing balls 8D  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:56 pm
Signed up you three! :D

If you have any questions about the mechanics or such, please, don't hesitate to post them! It's a work in progress :3

Mind getting back to us on the general time of day of your availability?

Cheekiebirdiee
Beejoux
robot kitten

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:10 pm
Do you have a time that this will take place?
Evening may work better as I normally do chores/family time in the morning/early afternoon  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:35 pm
robot kitten
Do you have a time that this will take place?
Evening may work better as I normally do chores/family time in the morning/early afternoon

Definitely give a time of day you are generally available. So I am gonna note that you are available evenings heart  

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:38 pm
PhiferWolf

Definitely give a time of day you are generally available. So I am gonna note that you are available evenings heart

Mountain time for me : 7-11 works!
I may be on 1-5 if that works for others better (I can work it out 8D)  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:21 am
I run on CST!

Uhh time of day would depend on the day for me, I pretty much go to college all day on Tuesdays from 6:00 am to 8:30 pm, and on Thursdays my days are filled with school from 6:00 am to 9:00am, then again at 4:00 pm till 6:00pm but any time between there on Thursdays is good for me!

Otherwise, I'm free generally every weekend around anytime as long as I know in advance, and every other day as long as I don't work, if I'm working I generally wont be home till about 5:30pm.

Cheekiebirdiee

Mysterious Kitten

{ After School Special } -----Character Plotting

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces