The following happened shortly after Samoa Joe defeated Matt Allens in the Falls Count Anywhere match at Awakening of the Fall, it airs on the TNWR website and network.

Samoa Joe is walking backstage, with some blood still on his forehead but he wipes it off with a wet towel, and interviewer Renee Young approaches him wanting to get some words from him.

Interviewer: "Joe... first of all congratulations on a great win over Matt Allens in the falls count anywhere match. Is there anything you'd like to say about it?

Joe: "You saw it, the fans saw it, everyone has always seen it. I did what I said I was going to do, I went out there and destroyed Matt Allens. He put up a heck of a fight but he had nothing on me, and I feel pretty good."

Interviewer: "What do you think this decisive victory means for you moving forward?"

Joe: "It means one thing, and that is I proved myself out there... not like I needed to, I proved myself simply by what I have done before, but I went out there and showed everyone that I am a contender, and can beat anyone here..... whoever leaves this PPV as the TNWR champion, I am coming for you." Joe had looked into the screen after making that statement and then turned and walked down the hallway away from the interview, showing that it is over.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.