Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:54 am
That's what I am feeling.

Yes, I'm Republican. No, I am not a racist or a Nazi. It's frightening how these names are being thrown around. D: One can't even feel safe in their own country these days. Freedom of speech is being restricted by social stigma and this isn't right... It's okay for people to disagree with the Democrats. It doesn't mean they're hateful. );  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:02 am
Its okay to disagree with anyone. We are allowed to have our own choices & opinions. However, things have been taken a little too far, on both ends.  

SuicidalSkittles
Crew

Rainbow Witch

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:57 am
When at least one party deems it necessary to place 25,000 troops around the Capitol building and fence it off to look like Gulag, I should say so... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:34 am
America is not in a particularly good place. A variety of things have divided the nation into several different sects. There's injustice going on in different ways, many people are only looking at the injustice that is directly affecting them and people they personally know. The blaming rhetoric (on both sides) isn't really fixing anything only increasing the divide and decreasing people's desire to reconcile. I have my own opinions on causes, my own personal opinions aren't really super important to the discussion. The hope is always to unite americans but often things are either taken too far, not far enough, or behind the wrong thing. A lot of words get thrown around that may or may not be true.

Politics, like religion, often are seen as bad topics as they are more often based on faith and opinion in direct opposition to facts and evidence.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:59 am
Yeah... things were getting quite frightening as things progressed. I have hope with the new leadership the focus will return to the welfare of the American people rather than a backdoor popularity contest. Politics will always bring opposition in views and opinions, but it's how we can improve things when we see different perspectives on subjects. Ignoring that, believing only one person/side's view is the "correct" way, isn't going to solve anything. Hopefully people will realize that again.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:44 am
I usually don't like to speak of politics since when I see it come up it usually devolves into arguments. Unfortunately, a good portion of my family is solid in the republican camp while I'm more aligned as a democrat.

That being said, it is just generally a scary time we are in right now. There are people on both sides who have grown quite deranged and angry. Not to mention those deranged people seem to actively get other people as angry as they are.

I can just hope that things will eventually be better.  

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:17 pm
As a Libertarian I've always been skeptical of government helping out. It's all par for the course.  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games