Welcome to Gaia! ::

Our Village

Back to Guilds

Come home to where Community Spirit grows! 

Tags: games, community, resources, role play, prizes 

Reply Village Commons
Welcome to Our Village! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Welcome!
  We're glad you're here!
View Results

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:07 pm
User Image

Welcome to Our Village!

heart Welcome Home! Our Village celebrates Community Spirit! heart
There are lots of fun things to do here and we hope you come back frequently to join the fun!

Our rules are simple: Follow Gaia ToS and Rules, be polite and friendly, and have FUN!

User ImageWe want to get to know you better, so we hope you will post in the Birthday Thread a little about yourself (including your birthday!) so we can welcome you personally!

User ImagePlease post once every month in Our Village Free Monthly Raffle.
This helps keep Our Village active and fun. Just post once each month here.

User ImageFeel free to join our Monthly Avatar Photo Shoot!
Look on our home page for last month's avatars.

User Image If you have questions about Gaia, check out our NEWBIE F.A.Q. thread. Also feel free to PM Captain JoyRose.
If you contact Village Aide, who keeps our funds for events and birthdays, and don't get a quick response, please PM JoyRose.

User ImageWe would also be very interested in learning how you found our guild,
so please visit our thread
How did you find Our Village? and let us know.

User ImageTo get to know the people behind the avatars, feel free to visit
Our Village Meet and Greet.
User ImageAdvertise! We know there's a lot more to Gaia than our little guild. You may post in
Beyond Our Village! Please use this thread to legally advertise out-of-guild Gaia threads and guilds for us to support one another. Also a great place to go to bump fellow villagers' threads for support!

Posting is easy. These are the forums and what goes in each:

lol Village Commons main forum: word games, chatting, fun stuff! Click THIS LINK for an index of some of the threads here. Feel free to make your own topics here, too!

emotion_rainbow Village Rec Room Here you'll find numerous threads about the Renaissance Galaxy, mostly hosted by empress dee.

yum_puddi Village Playground: Come here to play games!

cat_3nodding Village Theater: Join and/or make your own Role Play. Be sure to read the Role Play Rules Sticky!

ninja Village Museum: Please do not post in this subforum. It is just a storage place for old threads.

emotion_facepalm Village Workshop: Only open to crew for planning and coordinating.

emotion_kirakira Village Library: Post in the Questions & Answers thread, make your own thread if your question is a bit more involved, or make a resource thread to share your expertise. There are also Village Shops listed in the Welcome thread.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:58 pm
NEWS!

Grand Opening July 10, 2014!
Gaia Spirit Week 2014 ran July 13-20, 2014 - tons of fun!
Affiliated with the 2015 Daffodil Movement in April 2015.
May Day Festival in Our Village May 1, 2015!
Free Monthly Activity Raffle begun November 2014. 13 participants!
Monthly Photo Shoot begun Jan. 2, 2017.
Treasurer's Report made public by Village Funds October 22, 2017.
Guild Chat can work if you remove the s (can't link it, you must do it) then refresh once or twice. August 7, 2018  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:02 am
If you would like to advertise our little guild, feel free to put one of these in your signature:

User Image
[url=gaiaonline.com/guilds-home/our-village/g.9325][IMG]http://imgur.com/abxdSq1.png[/IMG][/url]

User Image
[url=gaiaonline.com/guilds-home/our-village/g.9325][img]http://i.imgur.com/mFNEPZv.png[/img][/url]

User Image
[url=gaiaonline.com/guilds-home/our-village/g.9325][img]http://imgur.com/D5AIIcs.png[/img][/url]

User Image
[url=gaiaonline.com/guilds-home/our-village/g.9325][img]https://i.ibb.co/0CfjwGh/OV-Dec40.jpg[/img][/url]

User Image
[url=gaiaonline.com/guilds-home/our-village/g.9325][img]https://i.ibb.co/LQPdbhq/OVWinter40.jpg[/img][/url]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:01 am
Interested in Joining our Crew?

We'd love the help! The first step is to become a Village Deputy.

Just PM JoyRose with the application below. Within a few days you will be contacted via PM (be sure to accept PMs from us!) to deputize you as an almost-crew-member. As a Deputy, you will have duties in the guild but not access to all the tools. Deputies can remain at that level or advance after a month or two as deputies (or return to Villager status) as preferred.

Of course, all Villagers also have the chance to help out the guild through advertising, making newcomers welcome, and helping answer questions and being active in the guild. Thank you for helping make our guild a thriving community!

Deputies can help the guild in many ways: Advertise, welcome newcomers, run games or contests, help with parties and events, act as Village Elf, and of course, help keep the guild active and fun.

No matter what duties you take on, Deputies, like Crew, are asked to post at least a few times each month in the guild.

Deputies may be promoted to Crew after fulfilling at least two of the duties above for at least one month each. If you want more practice and chances to learn more duties, that's totally fine! If you just want to stay a Deputy, that's great, too. All help is gratefully appreciated!

Deputy Form (please PM to JoyRose):

Username:
Gaia Join Date (at least a month ago):
Number of Posts in Our Village (at least 20):
How often and for how long do you usually come on Gaia:
How do you spend most of your time on Gaia?
What leadership experience do you have?
Why do you want to join our Crew?
How have you contributed to the guild so far?
What would you like to do as Deputy?
Is there any job you want to avoid? If so, why?
Do you have any suggestions to improve our guild?
Is there anything else you'd like to add?

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:01 am
Fun Threads in the Village Commons

There are some threads that may be hard to find if the forum gets a lot of chatting traffic, which is great! Chat away! But sometimes there is that one thread you'd really like to post in even if no one else has done so in a while. I'm thinking mostly of word game threads. The following list is alphabetized under each category:

General Threads:
Sharing Games (post as much or as little as you like in any of these):
Dice Games:
Word Games:  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:33 pm
Reserved  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

BakaKeiChan

Kawaii Vampire

13,750 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Campaign Manager 500
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:57 pm
*rises hand* so i have to pm you with that info right?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:39 pm
ShibbuSama
*rises hand* so i have to pm you with that info right?
Yes, you did it just right! Welcome, Deputy ShibbuSama!  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

Terrance_Nicolas_Bogard

Skilled Gaian

6,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:48 pm
Welcome to the village Hongbean and the two new villagers, we here at the village hope you find it to your satisfaction. Remember to use "The Library" subforum for all your questions, thank you.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:57 pm
Quote us for quicker responses. Unfortunately the notification system does not work as well as we'd like to let us know when someone has posted in other subforums. sweatdrop  

Goldine

Golden Helper

11,375 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Voter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:49 pm
Goldine
Quote us for quicker responses. Unfortunately the notification system does not work as well as we'd like to let us know when someone has posted in other subforums. sweatdrop

Oh we know that, just...for those involved in the King of Fighters one liners RP, we need more activity. I have been waiting for someone to reply to my post for a while now.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:15 pm
empress dee
Goldine

Oh we know that, just...for those involved in the King of Fighters one liners RP, we need more activity. I have been waiting for someone to reply to my post for a while now.

Sorry about that. Good luck with your rp!  

Goldine

Golden Helper

11,375 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Voter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

william-tyler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:58 am
Goldine
empress dee
Goldine

Thanks, but we need more activity still in there...who is keeping us waiting?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:13 pm
william-tyler
Goldine
empress dee
Goldine

Thanks, but we need more activity still in there...who is keeping us waiting?

I so appreciate all your activity in our little guild! emotion_hug  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
Village Commons

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff