sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:53 pm
User Image
Golden-Spider trudged deeper into Mother Swamp. He'd been walking for weeks - months? - plagued by a need to keep moving. Every time he stops, his legs feel itchy, twitchy, as though there are ants crawling under his skin. So he keeps on moving, stopping only when hunger, thirst or sleep over take him. He has no idea where he is, or what he seems to be searching for. Just that something is calling to him, demanding that he continue on until it's found.

Hearing his stomach rumble, again, Golden-Spider looks around. Seeing a berry bush he changes course, heading over to graze. Snapping up a mouthful of leaves and berries, he walks around the bush while chewing. He's learned that while this won't completely rid him of the twitchy feeling it does reduce it to a level that's tolerable enough for him to fill his belly. As Golden-Spider eats, he doesn't go in full circles around the bush. Instead he'll start going one way around the bush, then abruptly change course, many times between bites.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:11 am
User ImageLast Whisper had been nestled inside of the berry bush for quite some time, napping. She was still very young and tired quite easily. Upon hearing footsteps she woke. Opening her eyes groggily, she stretched out her front limbs and yawned. She wondered what was making all of the noises outside of her little encampment, but before she could start out to try and figure it out she got distracted.

A tiny fluffball, brown in color, had darted right in front of her hooves and out of her sight. She flinched as if to follow and track it down, but stopped because there was movement in her plant. Someone was breaking berries off and eating on them, but they were pacing. Interesting....

Having caught her attention, Last Whisper stood up straight with a little hop. All that could be seen was her head and part of her neck, and the bush looked like an overly large blanket nestled in around her. She addresses the stranger with a crisp, "Have you seen it? Where did it go?"

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:51 am
Golden-Spider's on his third trip around the bush, when a fuzzy flash darts out of the bush and down a small hill. While he's contemplating this creature, and why it's taken the same path he himself was on before going off to fill his belly, a small head pops out of the bush. It takes a moment for the foal's words to register in his sleep addled brain. "Huh? Oh, uh, that way" Golden-Spider turns, using a front hoof to point at the creature in question.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:56 am
The stranger looked tired and only answered her groggily. She found this rather amusing, as she did many things. A smile found its way across her muzzle, but the moment he pointed she was off. She was mighty fast for such a little 'un as she ran down the path after the fluffball she had seen earlier. She was out of sight for a few minutes, searching for this creature.

No such luck. So she turned back around, weaving back through the bushes until she reached the one she was hiding in before. She popped her head up once more and addressed the bright orange one once more, "What're you doing? I'm Last Whisper. I couldn't find the fluffball. It ran away from me."

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:10 am
He smiles slightly as he watches the youngling, remembering his own days at that age. "Did the fuzzball follow the path? I'm looking for something, dunno what though. I'm Golden-Spider." As he talks it's apparent his voice has been unused for a while. Finishing he snaps up another mouthful of berries and leaves, watching the young one while he eats.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:49 pm
User ImageUser Image
Mourning Fog walked gently in between trees and underbrush. His eyes looked down to the floor so that he could walk around any wildflowers or small woodland creatures that littered the floor. He walked carefully, also because Sunwing was nestled on his back and he didn't want to wake her. This was inevitable because her head lifted up groggily at the sound of two voices behind some berry bushes.

Interested, she flew to the voices and landed gingerly on the grass between them. Her neck craned around, back, and forth, watching the golden buck pace around the bush every which way and that. A moment later, Mourning made his way there and joined her in watching the buck, curious by his movements. "Most Kimeti stand still while they graze, good sir." He said softly.

elufae

Adventuring Hunter

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:06 pm
"Yes! It followed the path but as soon as I got there it was gone. It's small and probably just hiding underneath something where I can't see it from all the way up where my eyes are. Golden-spider... that's a nice name. I like you." The foal was very curious and had a knack for finding the shapes in things like body contours.

A purple and pink buck came wandering up from behind Golden-Spider, and seemed to not have noticed her at all. So she sinks back into the bush, creeps along under the branches and makes her way over to the swan who could probably see her coming, but anyone standing above probably wouldn't. She whispers softly to the swan, having completely forgotten about the males, "Pssst. Pssst.... come here, pretty..."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:33 pm
Just as Golden-Spider is about to answer Last Whisper, a swan lands near him. Turning he takes in it's coloration, something he's never seen in swans he's come across before. He's about to point out the visitor to the foal, when a new voice adresses him. Turning back around, Golden-Spider regards the pale colored buck. "Neither do I, normally. But these are strange times. For a while now I've been unable to stand still and be comftorable." Even as he speaks, Golden-Spider is moving, pacing, turning in circles. Even when he's not walking, his feet are moving, pawing at the ground and stomping.  

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

elufae

Adventuring Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:29 pm
Mourning Fog tilted his head, genuinely confused. He took to decifering any possible reasons for the golden buck's odd behavior. A walk in some strange bush? A bug bite? After a good minute, he dismissed his thoughts, finding it better for answers to come to him instead of him searching for them. "My name is Mourning Fog, and this..." he turned to Sunwing.

Sunwing honked at the young Kimeti trying to lure her closer. She continued to move just out of reach. If swans could have expressions, hers would have been of one raised eyebrow at the small filly.

Mourning Fog laughed at the sight of his companion trying to keep away from the filly. "This is Sunwing. And may I ask what your name is?" he said, turning to the buck, still chuckling. "And yours, young one?" tilting his head back to the filly, smiling gently.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:22 pm
When the swan honked at her, Last Whisper jumped back, taken aback by the sound. She didn't know they sounded like that! It seemed upset with her, though she guessed that she was foreign to it, so she didn't let it get to her. She allowed the swan to keep her distance and didn't pursue it anymore. Perhaps she would be able to study or even touch it later.

Mourning Fog, she had heard him say while she was still distracted with the bird. Hmmm... that brought up a question... She replied to him first, "I'm Last Whisper. And this is Golden-Spider. He's pretty." She lowered her head, turning it a little and scratched at her ear with a back hoof before standing up straight and approaching the paler male. "Is your name, 'Mourning', sadness or the beginning of the day? It's silly that two words would sound the same. No two things are ever the same, it's unnatural." She tilted her head and waited for the male to clarify, as she really had no shame and always spoke what was on her mind.

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

elufae

Adventuring Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:00 pm
Mourning Fog smiled at the young filly, who seemed so sure of herself. He respected that. "A pleasure to meet you, little one." he said, and turned his attention to her question. "Oh. My name refers to sadness. My twin sister's name is Weeping Mist, it's only fitting that my name happens to match hers. However, I assure you I don't mourn my life away." he chuckled at the thought. He was almost never sad.

Seeming to have "won", Sunwing raised her head and perched herself on Mourning's back, eyeing the small filly and honking in a manner which could have been interpreted to display that she was pleased with herself. If swans could smile, she would be grinning. Mischievous little thing.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:55 am
She listened carefully as the older male spoke, and nodded when he spoke of his sister's name, and how it too was about sadness. In fact, she realized that weeping mist and mourning fog could in fact be interpretted as the same thing, so she smiled to herself, proud of finding that connection. "You must be twins then! I am related to twins. A brother and sister of mine." She nods again and gets distracted by the swan's honking.

The swan was such a pretty thing. An odd shape, more elongated than most birds she has seen, but pretty none-the-less. Perhaps it was that which made her so nice to look at.

Hearing shuffling behind her, she looked back to see what Golden-spider was upto.

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:27 pm
Golden-Spider watches the exchange between filly, buck and swan, pacing as he considers the youngling's words, and thoughtful look. Are all young ones so smart? Surely he wasn't at her age, not that Golden-Spider believes himself stupid. He just wasn't the most thoughtful type as a child. Any situation that couldn't be solved by running into it head on, was either ignored or left for one of his friends to puzzle out.

Seeing the filly in question looking at him, Golden-Spider smiles. Then he turns his attention to Mourning Fog. "Have either of you felt a differeance in Mother Swamp?" He doesn't particularly want to talk about this "wrongness" as some have put it. Or "change" as others have voiced. But if he can find others driven as he himself is, he feels sure he'll be able to find what ever it is that's calling. While these thoughts, and anticipation over an answer, run through his head, Golden-Spider's pacing become more erratic. Instead of going just back and forth, now he's going in a circle of sorts. Moving around the others in the same manner as he'd been moving around the bush a few minutes prior.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:08 pm
Mourning Fog smiled at the small filly. Who knows how intelligent she will become when she's a grown doe? Turning his attention to the golden buck, he now wore a quizzical look. Difference? He didn't notice anything. Golden-Spider, however, seemed to be very in tune with Mother Swamp. If something was happening, it must have caused him to act so strangely.

Now being orbited, Mourning Fog had to turn himself to keep facing the buck. "I haven't felt anything." he said, a little ashamed at the fact. Should he have felt something?

elufae

Adventuring Hunter

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:04 pm
The foal watched Golden-spider pace in circles around them for a moment. While mulling her thoughts over, replaying memories in her mind, she took to following the orange buck in his orbit around Mourning Fog. Smiling to herself, she found this rather amusing. But when she glanced back over at Mourning Fog, she realised he was talking and turned her thoughts back to what Golden-spider had asked.

She replied cautiously, brow furrowing, "Well... I haven't been around for very long... and I don't know if I have anything to really compare Mother Swamp to.... But... do you mean the whispers? Does everyone hear them, or is it just me?" She felt that she should stop there, and not go into any further detail unless they asked, because if it was just her, then she had to figure out why they only spoke to her...

Completed ORP and Meta

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff