Submit

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:27 pm
Swamp Song takes a small sip of water, then returns the gourd, taking care not to spill it as he slips his head out of the vine. "I don't know how much we can help, Acorn." He says as much to the Kiokote as to Crows Blood. "To my knowledge, there are very few Kimeti who have come even this far from the swamp. Surely this illness is too different from any we have." He looks up at Acorn, sorrow in his eyes.

Carefully, he unplugs the guard and picks it up, gripping it firmly between his teeth. Turning his head, Swamp Song pours water over Crows Blood's injured leg. He watches the stream, a slow trickle of water, to keep it at a steady pace.

Acorn watches the crow fly off, wondering about birds as pets. Hearing the doe speak, she refocuses her attention. She nods at Crows Blood, then again at the buck after he speaks. "Our illnesses may not be the same, but there may be plants in the swamp that could help my people." She shifts her gaze to the swamp edge, taking in the vast amount of plant life. "Crows Blood, would you be able to show me what plants have healing properties?" She turns back to look at the two. "Or know of someone who could?"

Acorn starts pacing, an idea taking form in her mind. "Plants wilt.. seeds.. growing them.." She mumbles, trying to work it out. "I'd also need the knowledge on how to plant and grow those plants. Seeds to plant back home, and how to make the poultices." She stops, once again looking at Crows Blood and Swamp Song. "Could you two help me find Kimeti who could do this?"

((I feel sequel orp plottage in the works. XD Blossom & Hop can grow things. Know anyone besides Crows Blood who is good with medicinal plants? Dream Weaver, maybe.))  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:18 am
Crows Blood winced slightly as the water washed over her ankle. "I have knowledge of the plants in the swamp and how to create salves from them. And I once met a foal bringing flowers to his mother, with the dirt still clinging to his roots. Perhaps she will know how to grow them.." she said, then turned to Swampsong to ask, "Do you know of anyone who can aid us?"

Then her eyes trailed off towards the edge. The edge...it seemed like the world ended there. What was such a thing called, this world-end...Shaking it off as a thing to ponder another time, she wondered why she decided to help her. Perhaps this strange illness would spread to the kimeti as well if she didn't help. Eventually to herself as well..

She kept saying that to herself in her mind, as if unwilling to believe she could do anything out of the kindness of her heart. Omen then returned with a dried length of a long, flat leaf. In his talons he held a thick leaf similar to a healing plant of the swamp. The poor crow struggled to stay in flight until he plopped down on the sand just in front of his mistress. Cawing, he seemed proud of what he found. "Good, little bird." she said, touching her nose to the crow's head. She took the thick leaf in her mouth and squeezed out its contents onto her ankle. The cool gel soothed the sting, though the bruising still throbbed. The crow brought the dried leaf to her ankle and draped it over her leg. Cocking his head, it was apparent that that was all he could do. Using her other hoof, she wrapped it around slowly, it was difficult to do, even without the fact that every touch was painful. But eventually it was wrapped around tightly, and she winced as her crow tucked the loose end in. That will do for now.

Looking up at Swampsong, she stated, "Make yourself useful and help me walk. It will take some time to get back to the swamp and I can move easier if I lean against you." she said, motioning for Acorn to follow. "We have several kimeti to hunt down, and time is of the essence....Acorn. Tell me more of this illness.." she said.  

elufae

Adventuring Hunter

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:26 pm
Swamp Song shakes his head, not knowing many Kimeti to begin with. "No, but it shouldn't be hard to find someone." He moves over to Crows Bloods side, the one with the bad leg. Lowering down a bit to giver her his side to push against. "Acorn, would you help?"

Acorn nods, walking over to the doe's other side. "It's an ache in ones body. So bad it makes you want to curl up and die." As she talks Acorn positions herself on Crows Bloods' other side, waiting for instructions. "It seems to hit randomly, and quick. The pain comes and goes in waves at times, other times it's a steady stream that never lets up." She reflects back on her own dealings with it. "For some reason, the closer I get to the swamp, the less it hurt. Now, it's gone." She shakes her head, unsure if it's coincidence or a clue.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:41 pm
Grunting softly as she forced herself to stand, Crows Blood leaned heavily on the buck's flank at first. It was awkward to move in this fashion, even with Acorn's help as well. But at least she didn't have to put much weight on her ankle.

Holding the wounded leg up, she hobbled forward with the two before speaking.

"It seems to me that the swamp was calling you, and your kin. Just as the Motherfather beckoned Swampsong and I to the edge of the swamp, closer to you. If I didn't know any better, I would say that she is calling us together. Or..perhaps I am thinking to deeply into this. Perhaps the Swamp simply holds a certain plant...whose pollen floating in the winds is the cure for this "Ache"...Nevertheless, we will never find out if we do not return to the Swamp and seek out those who may hold the answers." she nodded, and trudged forwards, cursing her wound under her breath.  

elufae

Adventuring Hunter

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:50 pm
Swamp Song keeps pace with Crows Blood, concentrating on being steady for her should she need him, but not actively push against her. For this reason he simply listens as they walk back toward the swamp.

Acorn nods again, taking in Crows Bloods response. "Or all of the above. Perhaps the swamp is calling my kind here because the pollen is a cure." She shrugs, following them back into the swamp. "What ever the reason, the Kiokote now know of the Kimeti. Remember and believe, really. We do have legends that include your people, but until recently almost none believed them." Acorn falls silent as they enter the swamp, the hotter more moisture rich air making it harder to breath and talk at once. Added to that is the large variety of plants and animals she'd never seen. Each one she tries to look at while still sticking with Crows Blood and Swamp Song. A task not easy to do as she needs to watch the two Kimeti as well. Time enough for exploring later. she thinks.  
Completed ORP and Meta

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff