Submit

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:55 pm
User ImageSpiral paces the swamp's edge, eyes looking out at the mudflat boarder between the swamp ending and the dunes starting. She'd been here for days, pulled away from building her tribe by an unknown feeling. Some feeling that she should be here, though she knows not what for. "I hope it's here I'm wanted.." She says, though only her lynx Toadstool is there to hear. "I don't know if I could leave the MotherFather." She finishes, though deep down she knows that if this feeling gets much worse she'll have to go.
User Image
It is this reason Spiral has started collecting provisions. She'd found a cracked turtle shell, and after several frustrating hours Spiral had managed to get a vine through the crack. Thus making a sled like contraption. Since then she's spent her days looking for fruits that carry the most juice. Marking the trees and bushes to remember them when it's time to gather. Food doesn't worry her too much. Between herself and Toadstool they should be able to bring down enough game to fill their bellies. It's the water issue that worries her.

Deciding to delay this journey at least one more day, Spiral lay down, her back against Toadstool and eyes focus on the setting sun. "Tomorrow, at dawn we'll gather the fruit and see what.. what ever it is we're meant to see."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:32 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.It had been a couple days since Cunning Lily last went out in search of flowers to mix in with the dried grass she used as her bedding and so she went out today to look for a new type. Something that would smell sweet, of course, but also look beautiful and bright. With this in mind the young doe had wandered farther than ever before and having forgotten to mark her path had gotten herself quite lost indeed. At the sight of the dunes in the distance a hint of panic began to set in. How could she already be near to the plains, hadn't she only started walking when the sun was halfway across the sky?

Suddenly the doe took in the darker shades everything had began to take on and glanced up to the sky to notice that the sun had already began to set. Twilight was nearing and here she was, stuck out in the middle of nowhere, lost with no one to come and look for her. More than a little flustered the young Kimeti turned to walk back the other way, hoping maybe if she re-traced her steps well enough she could get home that way when she noticed two figures just a little distance away.

Relief flooded through her and she walked in their general direction, cautious, but not really hiding her presence. Perhaps they could help her find her way home! A little unsure of herself, she ducked her head down, clearly embarrassed as she stuttered, "H-Hello?"

lanimari

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:45 pm
Spiral was just dozing off when she hears a voice. Snapping her eyes open, head whipping up, she looks in the direction of the sound. "Hello." she replies, looking the blue and orange doe up and down. "Care to join us for the night? We'll be safe in our sleep." she tilts her head, indicating the lynx laid out beside her. "And in the morning, perhaps go out into the dunes with us?" a hopeful tone to her voice. Toadstool may be as close to her as any pet to a Kimeti, but he can't exactly speak back to her.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:18 pm
Cunning Lily's head dipped slightly at the startled response of the doe before her and she felt the heat rise under her coarse fur in her face. She felt horrible for having disturbed the sleep of the Kimeti and shrunk back just a little out of shame. When the doe spoke to her, Cunning Lily raised her head and gave a soft smile that she hoped would be taken as apologetic. Now that it was mentioned, she was tired. And lost. And more than a little confused on just how she'd ended up in this area - she wasn't usually so dazed while walking and it startled her that she'd wandered so far.

She skittered slightly to the side when her eyes caught sight of the lynx and her eyes grew wide in both fear and surprise. Cunning Lily hadn't thought a lynx would do so well with a Kimeti and she grew curious as to how such a thing could occur. Did that mean that this doe was also a meat eater, like the lynx? With a toss of her head, she shook the questions from her mind and moved carefully closer and stared out at the dunes she had wandered so near to. Something about them felt like they were pulling to her. As if...it was okay to investigate them. She was a curious doe, and that curiosity began to tear at the part of her that screamed at her to turn tail and run. Surely such an adventure should be left to does better suited for such!

But the part of her that wanted to know more gave a slight nod, "If you're sure you wouldn't mind my company..." The doe gave another slight toss of her head, to shake off the nagging feeling of discomfort and shame and gave a more confident smile, "Then yes, I would like to join you."

Her gaze went back out over the dunes and she tilted her head slightly at the duo she had just met, "What..brings you out this way..?

She paused, then, and dipped her head in an awkward pause, "If...you don't mind me asking that is..." Cunning Lily felt bad for waking up the doe and her friend, and felt worse for being so bad at striking up a conversation.

lanimari

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:32 pm
Spiral smiles, making a soothing noise. "Toadstool won't hurt you. He's well trained." She turns, nuzzling his head and cooing to him, before looking back at Cunning Lilly. "I don't know. Just a feeling. A pull. Telling me to be here. Why, I don't know. But in the morning I'll start to gather supplies and head into the dunes." Spiral sighs, laying her head down. "Would you care to join me?" She asks, partly hoping the other doe will. But the part of her that does not want to endanger others hopes Cunning Lilly will refuse.  
Completed ORP and Meta

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games