[PRP] Frozen Courage (Open To Plot) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

StarScarred

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:07 pm
User ImageUser Image
He's heard stories of the plains before, mostly from his mother. The vastness of them-- the complete lack of thick mangrove roots and clustering cypress. He's heard about the heat and dryness of them, so unlike the ever-present damp and coolness of the Swamp. It had sounded alien to him then, as a young colt, and it looks desolate and eerie to him now, as a grown Buck.

Though it was never Yet's intention to wander out here. No, why would he? He enjoys the company of others where he can feel safe, where he has others to talk to. Here, there is no one, and he is lost. Sure he can turn back into the comforting wet of the swamp, but he's almost certain he heard a lynx back there, and the only way to get out now is to go forward.

It's times like these that he wishes he had inherited some of his fearsome mother's bravery. Even his pets, All and Lost Years, seem less concerned than he is.
User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:30 am
User ImageUser Image

Nightshade had been traveling to the edge of the swamp for a few days, coming in from the west. Was it getting hotter as she got closer to her destination? Was it really a desolate plain, devoid of the sanctuary that is her swamp? Nightshade didn't know. She had no knowledge of the stories told to foals in the dark of night. Looking at Soil for reassurance, they trudged on.

Until sunlight hit them like a bent branch. The plains were so bright and hot. How could someone possibly go out there and survive. Moonshine and Soil seemed to be thinking the same. Glancing around her, Nightshade saw Is Yet, a buck that she was vaguely familiar with. Walking over in his direction, she wondered if he had been thinking about going out there too
User Image  

Dyslexic Rat

StarScarred

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:18 pm
User Image

As he moves through the thinned out trees and soil that feels strange and dry and loose under his hooves, Yet looks around him at the hints of the vastness before him. There are still some scraggling trees here and there, fighting for survival in the unforgiving heat and sun of the plains that partially obscure his vision. Behind him, and to his right, lie the thicker cypress and mangroves, palm fronds other swamp greens.

And then he sees her. He wonders if, perhaps, the rustling he'd heard earlier hadn't been a lynx after all, but had been the red and black doe in front of him. Yet feels vaguely foolish as he contemplates this possibility, though he supposes it better to have been safe than sorry-- and anyway, now he isn't quite so alone. Already he feels better.

"Oh... thank goodness. I was beginning to wonder if I'd ever see another kimeti out here.... I went and got myself lost and wandered out here near the plains, and I think I mistook you as a lynx earlier...." He trails off into a sheepish and shy smile, his ears slightly laid back out of embarrassment, but takes a hesitant step closer anyway. "My name's Is Yet, but you can just call me Yet if you like... I don't think I seen you back there at that other gathering of kimeti...? They were telling stories, and dancing, and I wandered off to find a spring to drink from and wound up here." He sighs softly, looking a bit forlorn and lonely as he glances at the equally lonely plains. "Are you lost, too?"  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:53 am
User ImageUser Image

Nightshade smiled at Yet. He was a rather attractive buck, even without horns. After he'd finished, Nightshade said, "I'm somewhere between lost and not. I feel like I've been called here but I"m not sure why, or if this is the right place. Does that make sense?" When she speaks of the call, her firefly eyes seem to look as if she's in a daze, trying to remember the sounds of the call like one trying to remember a dream once they've woken.

Glancing out into the bright plain, Nightshade doesn't see any movement. There is talk of kimeti like animals out there, somewhere. Never seeing one before, Nightshade doesn't know if it is truth or myth. Sighing, she looks to Yet again, trying to find some answers in his eyes.
User Image  

Dyslexic Rat

StarScarred

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:13 pm
User Image
Tilting his head some at her comment, Yet nods slowly and thoughtfully. "Hm.... yes, that does make sense. I never really felt any pull to be here, I think I just kind of... wound up here after I got lost, but I've felt things like that before, yes. My mother used to say that... sometimes things happen for a reason, and sometimes they don't. I don't know if you'd always be able to tell which is which, though. Perhaps I was meant to get lost and wind up here?" He laughs a little, some of his nervousness gone.

"Although I hope that means there really is no lynx out there stalking me.. or you, for that matter."

He may be shy, but he's honest in his ways and his emotions clearly reflect in his mannerisms. Still a little shy and nervous, yes, but not quite as much as he is willing to be friendly and outgoing.

[[this is OOC but if you'd ever be maybe willing to breed these two in the future, I just noticed how nice their babies could be :0 ]]  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:43 pm
User ImageUser Image

Nightshade was surprised that Yet felt the same way about the lynx. She felt like one was following her. Lynxes that didn't have a kimeti attached to them were dangerous, sometimes attacking kimeti. With Nightshade being so stunted in growth, she knew she would be an easy meal. Feeling her uneasiness, Soil jumped on her back, cuddling up to the back of her neck. Even though he was so small, he had a big heart, and Nightshade didn't know what she would do without him.

Smiling at Yet, she realized she hadn't given her name. "My name is Deadly Nightshade, but Nightshade works. I'm pretty sure there's a lynx somewhere, but I'm not sure it's still stalking. I think they think I'm an easy meal because of my size." Smiling at Yet, she tried to act like it was a joke, but on the inside, it terrified her. Hopefully he couldn't see that in her eyes.

Looking around at the plains and at the swamp, she felt like she was at a crossroads. Would she retreat back to her murky home filled with beauty, or would she go out into this unknowns world in search of animals she'd only heard in fairy tales. She might decide to do the latter, if Yet would come with her.

((Now that you point it out, they would make great babies. I'll be more than willing to let them have some "alone time." All the other RPs I'm in where she's supposed to be breeding with someone have just about come to a stop, so these babies might as well be already grown up by the time they get going again. What is the growing time from stage to stage?))
User Image  

Dyslexic Rat

StarScarred

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:47 pm
User Image
Yet certainly isn't about to propose going out into the plains with anybody, but he's not likely to leave the doe to go by herself, either, if she asks. Though he may try to dissuade her from going at all.

"Maybe so... But now that we're together, perhaps it thought it had better stay away. After all, one kimeti is much easier to fight than two." And Yet wouldn't hesitate to fight if he was forced to-- though he'd rather avoid any lynx or alligators or anything else looking to harm.

[[and okay :3 I dunno if it'll happen for this rp, though it doesn't have to be a breeding rp for extra sacs, either. Though I'm not looking to breed him right at this moment, as I still have two clutches growing :0 (though they'll both be grown in a few weeks xD) ]]  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:43 pm
User ImageUser Image

Nightshade smiled at Yet. "I agree. I don't see a reason to go out there now. There's nothing that really seems to be absolutely interesting. What do you propose we do instead?" she asked, with an air of "they'd meant to meet."

((sorry so short. Just went through a bit of trauma and I don't have much time before the cops finally come in to talk to me (no I didn't do anything wrong). So yeah, that'll work. Just let me know. They can develop there relationship here, if it comes to that))
User Image  

Dyslexic Rat

StarScarred

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:58 pm
User Image

"Well... I don't really want to have to face off with a lynx if we can avoid it. I think.. I mean.. I wouldn't mind looking if you come with me? It's too empty for just one kimeti to explore alone, but.. well, if you're here then it's not so bad-- and I'll be there with you, too."

Maybe it was like Nightshade had said earlier, and there was a reason for them being here together. He doesn't know, but he knows he doesn't want to go back toward the lynx (at least he still believes it was a lynx--with Yet it could have been the rustle of a breeze for all he knows).

"Will you go with me?"  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:29 am
User ImageUser Image

Nightshade contemplated for a moment. If she could put her feelings into one, she'd have to admit she was scared. She'd be even more afraid if she was thinking about doing this alone. Looking down to Soil, who always seemed to confident, she looked for reassurance. There was a shine of fear, but Soil manned up and nodded. Smiling at Yet, Nightshade responded, "I'll go if you promise not to leave."

She felt like she could trust him.
User Image  

Dyslexic Rat

StarScarred

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:43 pm
User Image

"I'm not going anywhere," he assures her with a smile. "When we were growing up.. I wasn't always the bravest one, still not, but... I never left any of my siblings alone when in danger. I won't let anything happen to us." He says it with more bravado than he actually feels but.... as foreign as the plains are, he hasn't seen anything that looks dangerous or menacing in them yet. No lynxes or alligators, or any other creatures that might be lurking there.

"Come on... I think I see a clear path out there."

Yet leads them on, further from the Swamp and any lynx that might, or might not, have been stalking them. The trees gradually give way to shorter, shrubbier plants, and the soil to sand and then hard-packed, baked earth... The sky is clear blue above them in almost no time at all, and even though the heat seems worse here, Yet feels a certain fluttering, anxious trill of exhileration at this new place.

"It's kind of... cool, isn't it?"  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:43 am
User ImageUser Image

Nightshade smiled. The new environment was rather interesting. Her curiosity kept her looking around, trying to take in all the new things around her. Smiling at Yet, she responded, "Yes. Everything is so bright....and hot." She'd just realized how hot it actually was outside the swamp, where it usually was cool and damp year round. It sort of felt good on her fur, but after a while it would probably be a bad thing.

"What do you suppose lives out here, if anything?" She'd heard stories about other creatures like kimeti out here, but wasn't so keen to believe them.
User Image  

Dyslexic Rat

StarScarred

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:01 pm
User Image

"It does feel good... though you're probably right. Too long out here and it would get uncomfortable."

Yet moves to stand under a twisted and stunted looking tree. It offers some shade, but the heat is still palpable.

"I'm not sure.... I've heard stories before, though.. About creatures who resemble us, yet not. They are said to run very quickly, but do not hold the light of the fireflies in their eyes. I've never seen such a creature before, of course but... who knows?"  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:39 pm
User ImageUser Image

At the mention of such creatures, Nightshade glanced around, looking to see if there were any in sight. Seeing none, she looked to Yet. "That's rather strange. I don't know whether or not I'd like to see one of these creatures. " Hearing a rustling, Nightshade instinctively moved closer to Yet, but wasn't sure if it was an animal or just the wind.

Moonshine was glancing around, nervous about being in such a strange place. Soil was digging around and enjoying the sunshine.
User Image  

Dyslexic Rat

StarScarred

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:31 am
User Image

Yet hears the sound too. He goes still, and turns to look at the source of the sound... but there doesn't seem to be anything there that he can see. It makes him nervous, and he has the urge to get out of that area in as quickly of a time as possible, and so speeds up his own walking space, knowing that Nightshade will match his pace.

"Me neither.." He says honestly. "I've never heard of them being aggressive, though. Of course... everything I've heard has mostly been myths and made up tales." He moves to stand underneath one of the trees in the meager shade it offers, away from the harsher glare of the direct sunlight, and sits down with a sigh.

"Ahh.... I'm beat. I've been walking for so long already, and the more I walked, the more lost I got." He laughs softly. "It's a good thing we found each other, though. Maybe we'll be able to find our way back to someplace safer after a bit of a rest, don't you think?"  
Completed ORP and Meta

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff