Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Completed ORP and Meta
[PRP] Bed of Dreams (Dew Drop Sun x Undone)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mika_Yumi

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:01 pm
User ImageThe start of one day can be a drastic difference to the start of any days previous. One can wake up full of energy, chipper and ready to take on the world, springing up from sleep and leaping into their day with pep; alternatively, one can slit open an eye, glare at the world, drag themselves from the dredges of sleep and slink, grudgingly, into a day they wish hadn't started in the first place. There are many scenarios in-between, but the most interesting can definitely be the ones in biggest juxtaposition -- especially when side-by-side.

This morning was a morning of the second category. Though Dew Drop Sun was usually quite chipper in the mornings, on this day she was not feeling energetic at all. She had opened her eyes only after hours of denying the fact that the sun was crawling over the horizon, sluggishly pulling herself up off the ground and venturing into the world only once she decided that she really did have to hydrate herself, as organisms such as Kimeti could not survive long without the intake of water. The doe had plopped beside the water and took only a few gulps before a large, sudden splash nearby had startled her enough to get her back on her feet in a jump. Her eyes searched for whatever it was, but she couldn't find the culprit; by the time another noise was made, a small creak of wood just opposite her across the water, she didn't care what it was, she just wanted to get as far away as possible.

Dew Drop jumped into action and turned quickly from the water, sprinting away and weaving between the trees. She began to slow after about a mile of journeying, but her heart was still racing, and she could not settle herself into a calm step. As she looked about, she decided that perhaps running was the only solution to expelling the residual energy from her fright; her eyes locked on a clearing, and she started off again. As it was, she wasn't adverse to running, but she sure hated to be forced into it by her own fears.

As she turned along the trunks of trees and outstretched branches of bushes, she began to feel herself calming slightly, though she kept up in her speed. The doe turned and came to a slightly more open area of swamp, a patch of flowers on the other end of the clearing. As she came closer, she noticed a lump amongst the flowers, which she assumed was a rock; strides taking her closer, she realized that though it was the right color to perhaps be a rock, the shades did not follow the natural fall of sunlight and shadow; as she closed in, she became aware that this thing she was slowly beginning to doubt was a rock, was moving, ever-so-slightly.

Dew Drop Sun scrambled to stop, her mind taking too long to process the information and keeping her from turning out of the situation -- now that she had the breaks on, she could hardly move smoothly enough to just change her direction and avoid collision. Hooves dug into soil, mud and dirt spraying onto the large mass amongst the flowers, and the cream Kimeti lowered her rear to cushion the blow against ground, and whatever it was she would soon be colliding with. Luckily, she was able to slow herself enough that she wasn't going to slam into the poor thing, instead merely scooting to a halt and bumping her hip against the large mound of what she now knew, upon closer inspection as she slid nearer, was another Kimeti. Still, the bump was enough to jostle the other being, and she immediately felt horrible and scrambled to apologize.

"Oh, my! I'm so sorry! I didn't see you there until it was too late to avoid -- I'm sorry, I hope I didn't harm you!" The bump was hardly enough to do harm, but she felt so badly about the situation that this hardly occurred to her. She stood almost immediately after contact, and steadied herself a few feet away, peering down at the poor Kimeti she'd just disturbed.

"I do hope you're okay, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to alarm you."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:14 am
User Image
It was a day for sleeping in flowers, again, Undone had decided. He was sprawled out in more pretty white blossoms, ever incapable of telling them apart from any other white flowers. He couldn't even match them to ones he had already seen; Undone was bad with details like that. He felt so much like there was a oneness to be joined with, that there was everything in his surroundings, and then there he was: chained apart from it, stuck as an independent creature. He couldn't even bring himself to stir, so he just lay in the blossoms, hungry and a little thirsty. Those needs were constantly pressed into the back of his mind.

Time passed indefinitely, Undone left to his meditation, until a doe skidded into him unexpectedly. She didn't hurt him, or even collide very firmly, which was probably a good thing. Undone wasn't very physically strong, due to his daydreaming and largely immobile nature. He spent too long napping in blossoms to be very impressive. It was the flowers that he mourned, initially, the crushed white blossoms. However, when she damaged them, they gave off a sweet, soft smell that drifted around him and made him feel, for a moment, that he was part of the oneness. That, if nothing else, would have been enough to capture Undone's attention.

He tilted his head up to look at the doe. "No trouble, you did not alarm me, I was just..." What, trying to join the universe? Undone trailed off and sighed, shaking his head. He got to his feet, reluctantly, stared off into the distance. "Are you running from something?" Undone asked, his eyes scanning the trees. He returned his gaze to the doe. Her coat had warm colours so unlike his, colours like a soft gold sky, or a field lit by sun. They comforted Undone, made him feel as though he was safe. He couldn't help but smile.

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

Mika_Yumi

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:49 pm
User ImageShe'd woken him. Oh, she disturbed a nap. She felt awful, shaking her head lightly at her silly burst of scared energy. What really would have been in that pond if she'd waited just a second longer to actually find out what it was that had splashed? Many things splash. Fish splash. Falling branches splash. Goodness, she splashes when she's hunting or bathing. She could have paused for just a moment and seen any number of things that wouldn't cause her to head for the hills, but no; and this poor but had to suffer for her just-waking skittishness.

As he tapered off, declining to actually finish explaining what it was he had actually been doing, she shifted uncomfortably, taking a few timid steps back to give him a bit more space -- she'd already run into him, as if that wasn't a good enough invasion of space. She glanced to see what he might be looking at in the distance, but looked back as he spoke again.

"Oh!" She closed her eyes, brows furrowed in slight frustration at herself again, shaking her head as she lifted it to look at him again. "Yes, but it was silly of me. I was so sluggish this morning, and I went for water, but something splashed and..." she chuckled very lightly, nervously, eyes no longer meeting his gaze as she finished, "well, I bolted, though I'm not sure what it was that actually splashed." She smiled slightly, her lowered eyes catching sight of the flowers she'd pulled from root or stem. She stepped back off of the flowers, looking back to notice a bit of dust and petals on her hip and tail.

The doe sighed, and flicked her tail lightly, clearly lacking the energy or care to actually displace much of the dirt or any of the petals. "Well, I made a nice mess."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:24 pm
The doe seemed to be lost in her own thoughts for a while, as well. Undone could hardly blame her; he was typically rather inattentive. It seemed difficult to pay attention when everything was humming around him. He wanted to hum as well, to resonate on the same note the universe did. He sucked in a breath, and concentrated, to keep himself from audibly trying to immitate the sound.

"Better safe than sorry, I suppose? At least I'm harmless. Although maybe next time you should also consider not just what you need to run from but also what you might run into. Not all of us, as you know, are as docile as me..." Undone tipped his head to the side and smiled softly. His silvery eyes still looked distant, and a little creased in sadness. He didn't look tired, though; if anything, he looked over-rested. So at peace that he could barely manage any outward display of emotion, or speech.

Undone watched, with a small degree of sadness, as the doe tried to flick some of the lovely white flowers off herself. They were beautiful, fragile things; he supposed it couldn't be helped that they tore so easily. Still, he had to suppress the urge to gather the broken blossoms and send them into the water, as if mourning their deaths. Each life snuffed out, however small, made Undone uncomfortable.

In this situation, however, the doe already seemed to feel bad enough. Pressing the issue wouldn't get them anyway. "A very impressive mess," Undone added, "but they will grow again in time, and I will likely find a new spot anyway. I always do." He liked finding places to rest, as if each new bed of flowers might give him new dreams, more insight into the universe's psyche.

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

Mika_Yumi

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:31 pm
User ImageShe smiled as the other mentioned his harmlessness; she would admit that he seemed quite docile, but she was also aware that one shouldn't judge a book by its cover. Still, there was something about him -- a peace and easiness. She didn't feel skittish at all around him, and in fact, her heart was seeming to calm itself, no longer thumbing in her ears from a rush of energy. She was settling, and she felt very glad to not feel the need to run for now.

"Indeed." She well knew that not every Kimeti was as calm or upbeat as she. She, luckily, had never had any terribly bad run-ins with grouchy or ill-doing others, but she'd seen some fighting or heard arguing, and she'd run into some fiery personalities with whom she was luckily able to side-step confrontations.

"Yes, they will grow. Still... clearly I need to better watch where I am going." Her tail continued to sway, but there was no energy behind it to actually misplace the flowers. She smiled, "That is good advice, but sometimes it's hard to keep track of what is behind, and what is in front of you, at the same time." She giggled slightly, looking around her -- "I think next time I'll keep a better look ahead."

Blue eyes returned to watch the other Kimeti, following along the patterns of color on the buck. He did have some beautiful, subtle markings. Dew smiled and met his eyes with hers again. "What is your name?" She was not very tactful about the question, but she was very curious now that she was focusing more on the meeting than working out what had happened to cause her to run into this situation in the first place.

Completed ORP and Meta

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games