Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Completed ORP and Meta
[PRP/OTP: Dew Drop Sun and Falling Island] Pretty Pictures.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:59 pm
User Image

The sun beat down on Falling Island, heating his scales and coat. He had managed to find a rock formation which broke through the trees; that was his specialty, as far as scouting out locations went. Falling always needed flat rocks of any size and shape for his artistic endeavours.

Lately, he had been fond of a kind of red dye that he could only make with a particular kind of crushed rock. He found it a little abnormal that the rock would crumble at all into the dye, and thought perhaps it was not a real rock to begin with. In any case, he had little choice but to scout it out. Mixed with red berried, it provided a lovely colour, which dried a little less brown than his other red dyes. At least it was easier than the blue dyes; Falling had a miserable time with the blues. The colour of the sky, that was what he wished to trap in his paintings, but it was nigh impossible. They were barely blue washes. Almost black, more than blue.

One day, he would mix that elusive blue dye. It was difficult, because he often had to mix mud in to strengthen his dyes, or produce enough to paint with. He had recently learned how to bite off various plants from the swamp and paint using their leafy or reed ends, which was better than his old method of scraping it along with his hoof. Falling Island sighed and rolled his shoulders, his spiked scales piercing upwards. He almost looked like he had been born from rock, himself, the jagged edges and twisted horns all marking him as his own, unique self. Perhaps that was what drove Falling Island to produce what he felt was art, though often simplistic.

He was shuffling some rock rubble aside, looking for a good, flat piece, when he thought he saw something move. It almost seemed to blend in with the cream rocks, but was that a doe? Falling Island tilted his head and stared, calling over, "I didn't know anyone else came here," without moving. Maybe he'd finally lost it. Why would a doe be out here?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:39 pm
User ImageUser Image"Indeed! I... collect sunny spots, if you will -- there are few, but perhaps more than many think they can find." She smirked. It was a bit of a vague answer, but she had indeed found more sunny places in the swamp than even she could have guessed. And she did sort of collect them, as she was very fond of sunning. She had to know where to go, after all, for the best sun; often, she was the only one there, though she didn't know if that was because others did not like sunning as much as she, or because many of the places she found were tucked away. Perhaps a mixture of both?

"It sounds like you travel quite a bit." Dew Drop Sun smiled at the other kimeti. She liked wandering as well, though she had different goals for it. The buck watched her for a moment with a curious eye, and Dew responded with a smile. She hoped that whatever he was wondering, she would give him a good impression in response. Still, who knew how he would come to the conclusions and answers he was looking for. For the time being, he wasn't asking questions.

"Painting? I have not seen much painting in the swamp... any, really, that I can remember." Dew looked aside trying to think for a moment. She could remember some places where she might have seen what could be painting, but usually it also seemed unintentional -- a splatter of mud from one's tale, a smear of honey and berries against a rock or tree. Rarely had she seen arranged and focused painting. She would like to, however. "I could see that rocks would be a good surface." She nodded at the smooth surfaces before them both.

Her eye was distracted as the colorful buck began to draw his glyph on some settled dust on a rock in front of him. She did not recognize it, that she could remember -- but she rarely remembered the glyph unless she had a face to go with it anyway. In this case, she would more than likely recognize the glyph from now on, luckily having the kimeti there to accompany it and introduce himself as well. "Falling Island," she smiled, eyes moving from his glyph to his face again, "it is very nice to meet you." She nodded and looked to find a rock that she could draw her own glyph on, though she had to shuffle to get to one that would work, and was angled well for her.

"I am Dew Drop Sun," she introduced herself as she began to draw her glyph. Ray of Rain decided to take this time to fly down again and, in this way, introduce herself as well as she looked for some better shelter -- she was not as much a fan of the sun as Dew was. "Ah, and this is Ray of Rain."

"Do you have plans for painting today?" Dew realized, as she said it, that she may have stumbled into the way of his plans for the day. "Oh, or did we interrupt? I'm sorry if we did -- I can find a new place to sun if you would like some quiet with the rocks?" Dew took a slight step, as if trying to relinquish any hold she had accidentally taken on his activities for the day.

Mika_Yumi

Dapper Dabbler

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:29 pm

It was indeed a doe, and very soft on Falling's eyes. She was soft-spoken, too. Falling Island wouldn't complain. He loved beauty in the world, and if this doe was so gentle to the eye, she was right by him, even if just for the moment. For a second, he thought he had seen something pale and delicate fly away from the stranger. When he looked again, he didn't see it, though, so he concentrated again on the doe. "For the sun...? A good place to find that, here. One of few in the swamp," Falling said, in agreement with the doe's observations.

"I wouldn't say that I come here often, maybe... I go a lot of places often. The hills, the plains, the rocks. Wherever I can find supplies," Falling answered. He regarded her in curiosity. So she liked the sun, was that the only reason she came to the rocks?

Falling's tail swished against his hind legs slowly, calmly. It seemed to keep time, even. "I paint, and rocks are often my canvasses," Falling finished by explaining.

A second thought, as though he suddenly remembered something, he carved his glyph into the thin layer of dirt that had collected on the rocky ground, and said, "Ah, and of course, I am Falling Island; now I'm not a stranger." As if names were the only thing that kept them from being friends.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:06 pm
User ImageUser Image"Indeed! I... collect sunny spots, if you will -- there are few, but perhaps more than many think they can find." She smirked. It was a bit of a vague answer, but she had indeed found more sunny places in the swamp than even she could have guessed. And she did sort of collect them, as she was very fond of sunning. She had to know where to go, after all, for the best sun; often, she was the only one there, though she didn't know if that was because others did not like sunning as much as she, or because many of the places she found were tucked away. Perhaps a mixture of both?

"It sounds like you travel quite a bit." Dew Drop Sun smiled at the other kimeti. She liked wandering as well, though she had different goals for it. The buck watched her for a moment with a curious eye, and Dew responded with a smile. She hoped that whatever he was wondering, she would give him a good impression in response. Still, who knew how he would come to the conclusions and answers he was looking for. For the time being, he wasn't asking questions.

"Painting? I have not seen much painting in the swamp... any, really, that I can remember." Dew looked aside trying to think for a moment. She could remember some places where she might have seen what could be painting, but usually it also seemed unintentional -- a splatter of mud from one's tale, a smear of honey and berries against a rock or tree. Rarely had she seen arranged and focused painting. She would like to, however. "I could see that rocks would be a good surface." She nodded at the smooth surfaces before them both.

Her eye was distracted as the colorful buck began to draw his glyph on some settled dust on a rock in front of him. She did not recognize it, that she could remember -- but she rarely remembered the glyph unless she had a face to go with it anyway. In this case, she would more than likely recognize the glyph from now on, luckily having the kimeti there to accompany it and introduce himself as well. "Falling Island," she smiled, eyes moving from his glyph to his face again, "it is very nice to meet you." She nodded and looked to find a rock that she could draw her own glyph on, though she had to shuffle to get to one that would work, and was angled well for her.

"I am Dew Drop Sun," she introduced herself as she began to draw her glyph. Ray of Rain decided to take this time to fly down again and, in this way, introduce herself as well as she looked for some better shelter -- she was not as much a fan of the sun as Dew was. "Ah, and this is Ray of Rain."

"Do you have plans for painting today?" Dew realized, as she said it, that she may have stumbled into the way of his plans for the day. "Oh, or did we interrupt? I'm sorry if we did -- I can find a new place to sun if you would like some quiet with the rocks?" Dew took a slight step, as if trying to relinquish any hold she had accidentally taken on his activities for the day.

Mika_Yumi

Dapper Dabbler

Completed ORP and Meta

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces