Welcome to Gaia! ::

Purri Paradise!

Back to Guilds

A fantasy roleplaying guild based on a made up world and creatures. 

Tags: Neko, Fantasy, Roleplay, Sci-Fi, Lifestyle 

Reply Main Role Play Forum
RP Areas for Hoofed Tribe - 11. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WritingTime

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:19 am
Misty was surprised how quickly Riven's attitude could change one moment he started talking about how their bodies were different, but the people they were not, and the next, he was dragging her along with him to the restaurant speaking of salads and other foods. As they entered the Dancing Fawn Inn, Misty was shocked how many people were in it. It was a lively place, much more so than her old laboratory cell. One thing she did notice though was how this might have been due to how popular Riven was and how they were clearly fawning over just from the tones of their voices. Riven was already getting them a table when one of the waitresses that had addressed them specifically addressed her asking, "Is this your new friend? What can I get you?"

Misty thought for a moment as she put her hand to her lips trying to hold back blurting out something stupid. She had no idea what her new body ate, but she felt she could never psychologically force herself to eat meat ever again. What did horse like creatures eat besides grass?

It she lowered her hand and said, "I am new in town, my name is Misty and I have been imprisoned in a cell at the laboratory for what feels like the last ten years. I don't know what centaurs eat because the scientists there only changed me into a centaur yesterday. I was wondering though, if you had high quality food here. I'd be willing to pay for it, however, that is done." She had not been in the outside world for a long time and the only currency she knew of was human currency, however, since she was a centaur now she felt she had to follow their rules. Misty then proceeded to sit down at the table Riven had gone to get them and waited while the waitress tried to get her something.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:59 pm
"Sad but true..." Midnight replied, nodding in agreement. "If we weren't always hiding from one another, we would have united and taken down these pesky scientists by now rather than simply tolerating their presence and letting them get away with all these kidnappings."

As the fervor left her, Midnight hung her head in shame. "I can't believe they captured my mate and I... The daughter of a were-decedents... Caught by mere humans..." Careful not to lose control her emotions, Midnight vented her anger by punching one of her hands into the other.

With Kilcarn's house looming ahead of them, Midnight took deep breaths and calmed herself further. Throwing a fit in front of this tribe's leader was hardly an act she wanted to follow up with after the tavern incident.  

Viper 9000

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:02 pm
The waitress studied her as the cheerful conversation that had surrounded them went quiet and pairs of eyes glanced towards the centaur woman. So, this was the one that had been retrieved that afternoon.

The waitress who had spoken to her soon realised that she was openly staring at their customer and quickly snapped herself back into work mode, addressing Misty after the pause.

"Ah...well, so you're the newcomer then! In that case, we extend a warm welcome to our humble village. Don't worry about that. I'm sure we can find you something to eat without a problem. Centaurs are vegetarians so everything on the menu is fine. We're used to having centaurs here" she chuckled, receiving grins from several other staff happening by. She placed a menu before Misty, pointing out the chalkboard menus overhead as well. "Everything on that there menu is of the highest qualoty let me assure you. Our chef prides himself on having the freshest ingredients."

Riven interjected at the part about payment, chuckling softly at Misty. "Oh, that. Don't worry, Miss Misty I'll get it this time!" he offered generously, "We generally pay with coins, silver and gold. I don't mind. Please, think of it as my treat" He didn't want her to have to stress over how to pay when she didn't even have any money or know the currency here.

Leaning slightly onto the counter because he had to stand on tip-toe to reach, he started to place some orders he thought Misty might like. "One carrot and apple salad please, and some toasted bread...umm..."

A short while later he located Misty sitting at one of the tables and wandered over to join her, placing a pitcher of iced lemon water and some glases down.

"I got us some water!" he announced happily, as though this was the most wonderful thing in the world. "It's cold springwater" He noticed that her posture at the table looked sort of funny.

Bending sideways, Riven saw that she had sat her hindquarters awkwardly upon one of the chairs and let out a giggle. "You know...you don't have to sit down if you don't want to. I think most centaurs find it more comfortable to stand" he told her in a tone of gentle amusement, not giving a hint how much the sudden memories of Mendal were stinging as he thought about his friend left behind in the forest.

"Yup, that's the big problem" Bess sang in reply. If only it were that easy.

She cocked her head at Midnight's mumbles.

"Hey, they capture anyone and everyone they can get their slimy hands on. Not to mention they cheat." Bess pointed out. She lifted a fist that trembled with pent-up emotion, "They have way more advanced technology than we do and they know it. They use those twisted monsters, guns...it's total overkill. I wouldn't wate my time feeling bad over a bunch of cheating jerks if I were you. The most dangerous thing we can do is underestimate them and let ourselves get weak"

A glimmer of white appeared up ahead and Bess's attention shifted to Kilcarn, who was walking towards them.

"Welcome back" the pegacorn smiled at them, sweeping a hand out towards his wooden house. "Please, make yourself at home. I've been looking forward to speaking with you"  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:09 am
Misty waited for Riven to come back sitting on her hindquarters the whole time and feeling a bit of pain. The other creatures in the room looked at her with a bit of concern, some giggled at her since all were standing and knew you did not sit in that way, not even when you slept. It kind of bothered Misty, but did not let it get to her until Riven came back and announced, "I got us some water! It's cold spring water!" He was looking at her funny too with what appeared to her to be a contorted face.

Suddenly, he bent sideways and was looking down at the lower part of her body. He mentioned through gentle means, "You know...you don't have to sit down if you don't want to. I think most centaurs find it more comfortable to stand."

Misty blushed and chided, "Don't tell me what to do and not do. Your suggestion is appreciated, but I like sitting this way." She really did not though. The pain of sitting on her legs became so much that within the next few seconds she walked over to Riven and whispered, "Um, I really actually don't like this. Everyone was staring at me a moment ago, and well, I actually don't like sitting the way I do."

She pulled her head back from his ear and added, "I just don't understand why standing is so much better. For centaurs, it shows off our bellies way too much I have begun to notice. She could see this definitely as another female centaur entered the restaurant. She tried to look down at her own and although her belly did not hang down as low as the others there was the opportunity for it to. She wondered what Riven would have to say on this.  

WritingTime

Viper 9000

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:59 pm
Again, Midnight slowly nodded in agreement with Bess.

"You're right. I apologize for dragging your spirits through the mud. My emotions are just all over the place due to the babies and I can't help but worry about my mate." the were-bear responded, giving the shorter boar-girl a gentle side-hug with one arm as they walked. "I just hope he was able to made his escape when the rest of us did..." Looking to the sky, Midnight silently prayed for her mate's protection and safe return.

"Its great to be welcomed back." Midnight replied, somehow managing a semi-graceful bow to Kilcarn as he welcomed them into his home without falling on her face. Returning to the room where she'd previously met with Kilcarn, Midnight seated herself in one of the waiting chairs.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:15 pm
Large Forest Village - The Dancing Fawn Inn (Set about a week after Midnight talks to Kilcarn)

“Oh, sorry, I didn’t mean to be bossy. You can sit whichever way you want of course. Sorry Miss Misty” Riven apologised and quickly took a seat at the opposite side of the table, facing across from her. He pretended to be very interested in the floral decoration that sat in the middle.

He had no trouble sitting on a chair, being of the two-legged variety. She was probably sitting like that because that’s how she used to sit, he reasoned. After all, it would take some getting used to, being transformed into a creature with an equine body from the waist down. Otherwise they’d be trying to help her get to the human tribe way beyond the forest.

He looked up from the flowers to ask Misty a question, only to see an empty space. Next thing he knew, there was a voice in his ear! Riven jolted, reflexively turning to see who was speaking.

“Oh…Misty, it’s you,” One hand placed over his heart, he gave a slightly embarrassed chuckle. “Phew. You scared me for a second. Yeah, sorry about the staring. I think people are just curious. If they keep it up, I’ll tell them they should stop being rude!” he told her firmly, wagging a finger in the air as though scolding someone.

“As for the discomfort with sitting,” he went on, kicking his legs idly and taking a sip of his ice water, “I’m not too sure but I think it has something to do with you being an equine. Horses naturally feel the most relaxed while standing, even to sleep. At least that’s what Mend – I mean, that’s what someone told me. And umm…why are you worried about your belly? It…it looks normal to me” Confusion mixed with the questioning look he was giving her. What was she going on about?

Large Forest Village - Kilcarn's House

Bess shrugged calmly, “You weren’t dragging my spirits through the mud. I can do that all on my own.” She laughed softly.

“Well, it’s natural that you’re worried about your mate. At least it shows you care about him. Though it might point to a lack of faith,” she grinned lightly and returned Midnight’s side-hug with a one armed squeeze of her own. “Wherever he is I’m sure he must be searching for you, or worrying about you just as much. Let’s add that to the list of things to discuss.”

Kilcarn smiled lightly at Midnight's bow then followed behind the two women, his footsteps making barely a sound on the grass.

Bess had taken a seat a little way behind Midnight, at the back of the room. She was mainly there for support.

A short time passed before the white haired man stepped into the room, after having a quiet word with the guards outside the door. He sat opposite a small table with an ornate design and picked up a tea pot that emitted a tendril of steam from the spout. "Tea?"

Bess tried not to smile. He always started these conversations with tea.

Morning was grinning toothily to himself as he travelled away from the Savannah village.

It had been an effort but he'd snuck out while everyone was asleep.

Thwarting his guards with a seemingly empty bottle that had been filled with a highly effective sleeping gas (which had been released when he accidentally dropped and broke the bottle), he'd untied his 'bed' and used the hammock as a makeshift rope.

Tying the hammock ties into a loop at one end, he'd been able to haul himself over a part of the fence away from the gate, avoiding any sentries and the watch towers.

Now he was on his way to the Hoofed tribe in the large forest with a full pack of supplies. He preferred to travel alone, even without a map to guide him. There was no way he was getting caught up in their silly wars. He had to find Midnight and then figure out what they could do.  

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

WritingTime

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:12 am
Misty leaned her head away from Riven as she stood near his ear and said, "Well, I suppose all of the things you said have been true. I must apologize for my chatty nature, and my sudden burst of energy. As I've said, I would rather like to gather as much information on centaurs as possible so I can live a happy life, and I'm still not used to this body." She stretched her arms out in front of her and smiled. She was surprised how limber and quick she had moved from her seat across from him to where she was currently standing next to him.

"I guess the things I should address for now before I go back to sitting or rather standing are:

1) I do not mind if you are bossy. You're only giving me advice so please don't apologize.

2) I am sure whatever stares other centaurs and creatures have been giving us are perfectly fine. I will follow their example and stand.

3) I'm worried about my belly only because I am sure horses eat a lot and as a centaur I want to try and make sure I don't gain too much weight so I don't end up looking like a fat, little pony. They are cute creatures, but I would rather not look like one if I can help it."

Once she was done speaking she trotted back to her place across from the table and stood there with her arms crossed. "I'm glad you've been telling me all these things and giving me nice compliments." she muttered. "I have needed them after all that's happened. Thank you, for rescuing a stupid centaur like me."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:24 pm

Midnight nodded and accepted the offered cup of tea, knowing it best to take the cup if even she didn't really care for its contents.

The were-bear's mother (also the tribe's shaman) had often told her of the many special properties of tea and the benefits it could have on the body but no matter how many times she'd heard them Midnight had never grown attached to the taste of it.

"Perhaps this tribe's tea will taste better..." Midnight thought, hesitantly taking a small sip from the steaming liquid.  

Viper 9000

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:32 pm
“Oh, no, you don’t have to apologise. I like talking with you, really, Miss Misty” Riven assured her, placing his empty glass down. He was usually the one being told to stop talking, so it was nice to have someone around who liked chatting. “I’ll try to help you find out what you need to know. After all, I know a few centaurs around here.” One in particular that he was planning to go and retrieve if he could.

He listened to her list of things to address with some difficulty, opening his mouth a couple of times to say something, yet not able to get a word in. He wanted to tell her he wasn’t trying to be bossy, tell her a thing or two about the people in the room and say that he never thought she would turn into a fat pony but if she didn’t want to eat all the food he was ordered then that was okay. Oh! But if she was hungry, then please go ahead and eat as much as she wanted, but…

In the end, all he could do was nod and give her a smile to show he understood what she said. “Okay! I…I’ll keep that in mind”

The food came out to their table while they were speaking, placed down neatly by the waiters. Small dishes of different foods were soon spread across the table: assortments of salads, toasted bread rolls, fruit salad, corn on the cob, mini vegetable pies and oven roasted vegetables such as carrots, sweet potato and pumpkins.

Riven looked at it all with a soft chuckle, “Whoops, I may have ordered a bit too much.”

“Oh that’s fine, I mean…I meant what I said. None of this is your fault. I don’t know what I’d do if I suddenly got turned into a strange animal”

Riven frowned a little and looked back across the table where Misty now stood, not liking the last part of her comment “I don’t think you are stupid at all” he said quietly.

His mood seemed to brighten up seconds later “Besides, you shouldn’t thank us, we’re just happy to add one to our tribe numbers. We have ulterior motives so that’s how we are” he laughed, picking up a pair of tongs and holding them out to her "Ladies first?” The food all looked fresh and smelt delicious. He was kinda hoping she'd choose quickly so they could eat.

The tea was a light green herbal infused with a hint of vanilla that took away the bitter edge.

Kilcarn slowly took a sip from his own tea, closing his eyes as though to enjoy the full flavour and seeming very relaxed. His expansive wings were folded down loosely, the tissue soft ends trailing upon the floorboards. He opened his eyes again, the unicorn horn glinting as he raised his head and regarded her.

He asked the first of many questions, accompanied by the sounds of a wind chime tinkling in the background,

“Firstly before we begin, I do not mean to pry so I humbly request your forgiveness if any of these questions seem intrusive or rub up the wrong way. I assure you that I have only the safety of my tribe and the consideration towards our guest’s needs in mind.” He smiled serenely, “If I may inquire; how long do you plan to stay here?”

Bess covered her smile quickly with one hand and pretended to yawn. He was so predictable. Or maybe she’d just sat in on a few too many of these questioning sessions.

After a short pause, Kilcarn tossed in another question, giving her time to think on and answer both at her leisure. It seemed like he had a lot of things he wanted to ask but was holding back out of politeness, “Are there any rules or certain things we need to know about you? I believe you revealed some of your alter form in the inn earlier this evening.”

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:29 am
Misty had a feeling that she was being far too talkative since she did not here Riven respond much to her he just seemed to say a few words before smiling on her list of things, yet was glad he insisted she would not become a fat pony. Her own words after his were lost in his smile and the large amount of food that came for them and was placed on the table. She smiled back at him when he asked, "Ladies first?" and she nodded to him and said, "Okay..."

She started off by reaching for two of the vegetable pies and a large pumpkin, as well as a bit of the fruit salad. She took the pumpkin and bit down into it feeling a warm, orange gooey mush enter her mouth. Strangely enough, it was like any other pumpkin yet different too. The taste was actually stronger than a normal pumpkin as she began to eat halve of it before eventually putting it down to two minutes later. She looked at Riven with orange pumpkin innards smeared on her face and said, "Sorry for my poor manners, but I can't get over the fact my taste... It's been an enhanced..."

She started to cry and thought, "If I had been human I would never have gotten to eat straight from the horse's mouth." This was going to be the best meal ever since it reminded her in part of a holiday she had not been able to celebrate in a long time, Thanksgiving. "Perhaps," she thought, "Since my old family is not around anymore... I can make a new one here." she smiled and looked at Riven more still crying and wondered, "He's rather strong and kind for having saving me. If only I could-could maybe get my feelings across to him, could he be the first new member of my new family?"  

WritingTime

Viper 9000

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:45 pm

"Unfortunately due to my condition..." Midnight gently pats her very pregnant middle for emphasis and takes another gulp of tea before continuing. "...mapping out a time frame of my stay would be a difficult task given the unpredictability of pregnancies with multiples."

Another brief pause, another sip of tea.

"Not to mention with my mate missing, traveling alone is out of the question with the scientists doing what they're doing." The were-bear shutters at the thought of all the tests they'd run on her prior to her escape. So many needles and probes...

Happy to change the subject, Midnight rolled right into Kilcarn's next question. "Ah yeah... that..." She muttered into her tea and took another sip. Sure she'd given the boar-girl a heart attack back at the restaurant, Midnight blushed as she glanced in Bess' direction and mouthed "sorry".

"As I'm sure my height and size might have already hinted at, I'm not 100% human. In fact, I come from a long proud line of were-creatures." She explained, her free hand playing with a charm hanging from her necklace of teeth, nervous as to how Kilcarn would react to this news.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:26 pm
Large Forest Village – The Dancing Fawn Inn

Riven silently gave thanks for the food and started the meal. He was hungry after the events of today and only paid attention to digging into the grub until he was interrupted by Misty.

He looked up to see the remains of what must be a very tasty pumpkin on her face, “It’s okay, I’m glad you're enjoying the food. Everything in the village is freshly grown so it should be yummy! Yeah, isn’t it great? Enhanced taste is just one of the perks from your animal side,” he grinned, waving a forkful of pie around.

That’s when she started to cry. Riven’s ears flip-flopped in alarm, “I’m sorry Miss Misty. Was it something I said? Are you okay? Maybe you meant that the food tastes too strong now? I-If it tastes horrible you don’t have to eat it.”

He started babbling, trying to say something that would make her feel better. She had been through a lot. Maybe he should have let her rest in a room and brought dinner up to her. Oh, now she was smiling at him…but still crying. He was rather confused.

Oh no, what should I say? What can I do? I wish Bess was here, she always knows what to do. I have to make her stop crying. She was looking at him strangely. I know! He poured another glass of iced water and set a little lemon slice on the rim, holding it out to her with a smile, “Here, you can wash away the weird flavour with this”

Large Forest Village – Kilcarn’s House

Kilcarn’s gaze drifted briefly over her figure, trying to calculate just how far into the pregnancy the woman was. She was perhaps a little over halfway, considering the size. He judged her stay would be at least half a year, or a little more if she was not gone before they were born. He didn’t like to upset anyone but after that, she would not be permitted to stay within the village. Female carnivores were fierce when they had young and with three juvenile meat eaters in the hoofed tribe, things could become unstable very quickly. Adding her mate into that mix and…he did not like to take the risks. One mistake could cost them all.

“I see. Then, you are permitted to reside here until the birth of your young, or the appearance of your mate. After that, I am afraid I would have to kindly request that you find a suitable new residence beyond the village walls. Of course I am happy to provide all the supplies you would need and a guard for protection, should you desire as much”.

He listened to her next answer, taking the time to thoughtfully reply to each response given. “Certainly I would never ask you to travel alone. If you did wish to depart our village, a guard and supplies could be provided and as much knowledge as we have of the outer world, though I would advise against it unless absolutely necessary,” He took another sip of the scalding tea, a peaceful enjoyment, before returning to the interrogation.

“This person who seeks after you, what does he look like? What manner of being is he? I suspect that you are of similar kind” Kilcarn smiled lightly. Pregnancies were difficult for most who lived in Purri. Only those of similar type seemed to have better chances without the aid of fertility treatments. “I ask only that he may be recognised when he eventually makes his way here”

Bess caught Midnight’s word and waved a hand to mean ‘it’s okay’, smiling back silently. She wasn’t supposed to interrupt the conversation.

Kilcarn actually grinned at the admittance that she wasn’t 100 per cent human, “Most people in Purri are not, aside from those in the human tribe. That, I could gather as much” he said warmly.

“A were-creature is an impressive beast form, however. I believe our dear M’rala has some knowledge of their kind. Which brings me to the next question; are there any triggers that may set off a transformation? Any special requirements you wish us to know about? I have already ordered a supply of fresh meats. We currently have stocks of fish, hornak, and various birds but I am looking into other varieties. Naturally, this is a delicate matter”.

The Outskirts of the Large Forest

Morning scratched his head, eying the thick forest that was now before him. Which direction should he go in? Hadn't that old Rhino said something about multiple tribes in the one forest? Shrugging his shoulders, he pushed his way into the trees, extending his claws to chop at thick shrubs that got in his way.

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

WritingTime

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:35 pm
While Riven tried to console the crying Misty with words and an iced water she let her lips go back to their regular state. Then she proceeded to wipe away her tears with her hands and reached for the glass he held in his hand. "I'm sorry for crying, but I really like the food at this tavern, it was way better than what the scientists ever gave me. Yet it surprises me that my new taste buds are this strong."

She licked her lips and took a sip from the glass of ice water to wash down the pumpkin after taste. Once she was done she set the glass down and walked back over to Riven's side of the table. When she got there she bent forward and whispered into his ear, "I hate to say this, it's a private thought of mine, but I-I thought I should express it since you've helped me so much."

She paused and gulped before continuing, "I think I like you a lot, and I might truly wish to be a part of your family. Do you think you could make me a member of your family, after some consideration? If not I will go ahead and finish my meal here and find myself a home in the village. You really do not have to answer this question at all if you don't want to either."  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:48 am
Large Forest Village – Kilcarn’s House

"That won't be necessary, I shall make do with what you already have on hand. My appetite back at the inn was simply brought on by the lack of nutritional sustenance in the prison gruel that I'd been living on for the past few months." Midnight replied, draining the remaining half cup of tea in a swift gulp. "As weird as it might seem for a were-bear, I am a omnivore. Just one of many quirks rubbed off on me by my mate and his strange ways. He is primarily a herbivore like yourselves, so yes we eat meat but we can make do with other food stuffs."

Setting her now empty tea cup on table nearest her, Midnight slowly shifted from her hunched forward position in her chair to a more relaxed reclining position as the babies likewise shifted and fought for space in her womb. Comfortable for the moment she continued speaking, before the babies could decide otherwise and attack innards.

"Hmm, how to describe him... He stands about my shoulder height, sorta round in the belly, has or had medium length black hair with an odd streak of white running down the right side. And assuming similar prison conditions to mine, he'll probably be sporting a short beard or generous amounts of scruff. Oh! And his eyes are two different colors."

Doing a brief but impressive sit-up, Midnight commandeering an nearby writing implement and scrap piece of paper. Laying the paper across her bare belly, she began to draw. "Our were-forms can fully manifest in when we're in danger, when we're angry, or yes... in the heat of... well you know. Basically in any situation in which one emotion is peaking sky-high above all the rest. But with some self-control lessons, most of us learn to trigger bits and pieces of it on demand. Like the head stunt I pulled at the inn."

Shifting the paper, she continued drawing.  

Viper 9000

1ring42

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:30 am
(Please excuse any brevity in my posts. It's kind of a pain in the butt to post with a phone.)

Outskirts of the Large Forest

Fer de Lance was sleeping lightly when a crash in the nearby brush had awakened him. He had bedded down in this area to let the hunt for him cool down. In fact he was beginning to plan his journey back to the starry fields. Of course he hardly spent any time there, being a wanderer by nature and his abilities allowing him to fit in with any tribe as long as he wasn't found out. However he figured it would be good to go back... for a while.

With the split second thoughts finished he lowered himself from the tree in the form of a human with squirrel ears and a squirrel tail. "Howdy stranger what brings you to this neck o' the woods?"  
Main Role Play Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff