Official Hiring Thread Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kitsusagi Staff
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:12 pm
Welcome to The Realm of Kitsusagi hiring thread!
heart

This thread will be permanently open for applications to be a Kitsusagi Colorist.
Please only post applications here, as commentary and chatter will be deleted.
Any questions or concerns can be posted in the main shop thread.

Quotas are the least work you are required to do. If you wish to take on more breedings or customs during your quota months and feel like you can handle the work, feel free to do so!

Below you will find a listing of the basic requirements for joining the Kitsusagi staff.

Flatsales: Regardless of status, ALL colorists will be asked to contribute to flatsales whenever possible. There is not an extremely specific schedule for flatsales but each colorist should try to participate in at least 3 to 4 per year, hopefully more!

Full-Time Colorist: 2 breedings OR 3 customs every 2 months
.....Possible Quota Months
  • January, March, May, July, September, November
  • February, April, June, August, October, December

Full-timers may use any and all lines they want. For breedings or growings, all the Kitsu stages (kit-adult) must be completed and uploaded before moving on to other projects.

Semi-Quarterly Colorist: 2 breedings OR 3 customs every 4 months
  • January, May, September
  • February, June, October
  • March, July, November
  • April, August, December

Part-timers may use any of the lines except Ultra Rare (Seraph & Fae), and Anthros. For breedings or growings, all the Kitsu stages (kit-adult) must be completed and uploaded before moving on to other projects.

Bi-Annual Colorist: 2 breedings OR 3 customs every 6 months
  • January, July
  • February, August
  • March, September
  • April, October
  • May, November
  • June, December

Bi-Annual colorists may only use the Normal or Subspecies lines. For breedings or growings, all the Kitsu stages (kit-adult) must be completed and uploaded before moving on to other projects.

Note: To clarify, breedings or customs should be opened, filled, and rolled during the quota month. The colorist will then have the time between then and their next quota month to complete the Kitsusagi and drop them off to their owners.

Note 2: Once your quota is met, you are perfectly free and ENCOURAGED to make other random Kitsu for free in-thread games or even small contests or events, run by you. These should be Normal, Subspecies, or Celestials with up to moderate edits only (no fan-characters/Cosplays) unless cleared by Manda and silent.

------------------------

If this scheduling looks familiar, it was somewhat shameless borrowed from Soquili ~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Benefits:

Full-Time Colorist Benefits:

• 100% profit for breedings & flatsales, 85% profit for auctions
  • May take any bribes and/or pet trades wanted per quota month once quota is met - however, if colorist starts falling behind on normal work because of bribes/pet trades, Staff will ask them to slow down on these or not take any for the next month(s)
  • 1 free custom Kitsusagi per event the colorist colors for - must match event "theme" if there is one - must be approved by Staff
  • 1 free custom Kitsusagi per quota month colored for yourself or a friend - must by approved by Staff! Any lines may be used for this.
    OR
    1 free breeding per quota month, colored by you - eggs may be maxed, kits may be full-custom if desired. All other breeding rules apply.

To clarify, in a month they have chosen for their quota, a full-timer may choose to do a custom Kitsu or a breeding for themselves or a friend. During an event, a full-timer may do 1 event Kitsu + either a custom or breeding for themselves or a friend.

Semi-Quarterly Colorist Benefits:

• 100% profit for breedings, 90% profit for flatsales, 75% profit for auctions
  • May take 1 custom bribe per quota month OR 1 breeding bribe per quota month after quota is met
  • 1 free custom Kitsusagi per event the colorist colors for - must match event "theme" if there is one - must be approved by Staff
    OR
    1 free Kitsusagi per quota month colored for yourself or a friend - must by approved by Staff! Any lines except Ultra Rare (Seraph & Fae) or Anthro may be used for this.
    OR
    1 free breeding per quota month, colored by you - eggs may be maxed, kits may be full-custom if desired. All other breeding rules apply.

To clarify, semi-quarterly may color one of the following for themselves or a friend per quota month: event custom (assuming an event is being run that month), normal custom, or breeding. Not two of them, and not all three.

Bi-Annual Colorist Benefits:

• 100% profit for breedings; 80% for flatsales; 60% for auctions
    OR
    1 free Kitsusagi per quota month colored for yourself or a friend - must be approved by Staff! Only Normal & Subspecies lines may be used for this. Edits may be allowed if approved by Staff

To clarify, bi-annually may color one of the following for themselves or a friend per quota month: event custom (assuming an event is being run that month) or a normal custom, not both.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Rules:
1. DO NOT take the sample lines and use them for any other purpose! They are for this Hiring Thread alone and are not permitted to be posted anywhere else. Anyone who ignores this rule will find themselves listed from the shop.
2. Please realize that a position in the shop takes time and dedication. If you find yourself too busy with other priorities to focus here, then you need not apply. We understand the need for hiatuses here and there, but we don't want it to be a constant scenario.
3. Please review the rules and the settings of the Kitsusagi shop. The more familiar you are with how it operates, the better!
4. Kitsusagi generally uses colored lineart soon, so please try to do that on at least a few of your samples if you can!

The Application!
Here are the lines you will be using for your samples: http://www.mediafire.com/?59dph9b5hzwrdk7
For anyone who cannot open PSD files for some reason, here is a PNG of just the lines without shading template: http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu77/Kitsusagi_Services/babylines1.png
However, if at ALL possible, we'd prefer you use the PSD with template for your samples. And know that you will need to have some kind of program that can work with PSD files if you are officially hired.

You must submit at least 2-3 unedited coloring examples, at least 1-2 edited coloring examples (if you wish to be hired for Edits), and at least 2 sample breedings. To demonstrate that you understand the Edits Scale, please label what level of edits your edited sample Kitsusagi has (for any with edits).

For edited samples, if desired, you may use any of the following characters to make "cosplay" Kitsusagi. These characters are Manda's personal OC's and are NOT to be used for anything else. If these designs are seen elsewhere, you will be instantly fired (if you've been hired) or banned from trying to be hired ever again. Other consequences may follow if the designs are not discontinued from use after warning.
Character 1
Character 2, x
Character 3, x
Character 4, x
Character 5

For the sample breedings, you may use the following Kitsusagi. One of your two required pairs can be CC'd by you. The other pair must be rolled randomly using the numbers beside the Kitsusagi below.

Males:

Females:

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Current/past shop employment?:[/b]
[b]Position applying for:[/b]
[b]Unedited Kitsu examples:[/b] (at least 2-3)
[b]Edited Kitsu examples:[/b] (if desired)(at least 1-2)
[b]Sample breedings:[/b] (at least 2)
[b]Other examples:[/b]
[b]Extra notes?:[/b]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:59 pm
Sorry we forgot about this before d'oh d'oh. But it looks like Kitsusagi may be moving to colored lineart soon, so please try to do that on at least a few of your samples if you can!

If people who have already posted forms don't want to go back and edit, you don't have to at this point but you're welcome to do that to "fix" the lines on a few Kitsu if you want.  

Manda
Vice Captain

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

Vesale

King Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:19 pm
Username: Vesale
Current/past shop employment?: Uhh.. nothing? XD; Just random coloring things here and there.
Position applying for: Anything really, though I'd prefer fulltime
Unedited Kitsu examples: 1, 2, 3
Edited Kitsu examples: 1
Sample breedings: All rolling was done in this thread

Breeding 1 - CC
2 x 3
Kits: 1, 2, 3

Breeding 2 - Rolled
2 x 2
1 (Minor Edits), 2 (Unedited), 3 (Unedited), 4 (Heavy Edits)

Other examples: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Extra notes?: All my Kitsu samples were completed before your colored lines note, I just hadn't uploaded them until now. XD; Anyway, coloring lines is not a problem, as I've done it in all my other samples. :3
I have lots of free time too since I'm currently unemployed IRL.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:05 pm
Username: saedusk
Current/past shop employment?:
Current - full-time w/o set quota at oh DICKENS, guest at Grifflets
Past - Aerithe, Shakaiyo, other stuff
Position applying for: Guest (or Part-Time, but only after August)
Unedited Kitsu examples: 1, 2
Edited Kitsu examples: Minor, Moderate
Sample breedings:
CC - 1 x 2
Baby 1 - Moderate Edit (Edit Roll)
Baby 2 - Moderate Edit (Edit Roll)

Rolled - 3 x 4
Baby 1 - Heavy Edit (Edit Roll)
Baby 2 - Moderate Edit (Edit Roll)
Other examples: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Extra notes?: Nothin', I don't think. Except that school is the reason why I wouldn't be able to work anything beyond guest until after August.  

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Tachik

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:11 am
Username: Tachik
Current/past shop employment?: Owned two shops prior, Aquarius Tahmore and Felidae
Position applying for: Guest Artist or Part Time ok ok I'll do Full Time too... I've started and now I can't stop, you see what you've created? XD
Unedited Kitsu examples: kit 1, kit 2
Edited Kitsu examples: kit 1, kit 2 Update: edit lines thickened
Sample breedings:
1x3 CC'd
kit 1 minor
kit 2 unedited

2x2 Rolled
kit1 moderate Updated: Hair simplified
kit 2 moderate Updated: Hair simplified
kit 3 unedited
kit 4 minor
Other examples: CYO, CYO Christmas, Snow, Dragon
Extra notes?: I colored all the lineart, though I kinda liked them black >.>

I had fun smile Even if I don't get hired I enjoyed it.
I hope I did this right

Edit: Ok did another, I was inspired X3

Steampunk Lolita heavy edits Updated: Lines colored
cute gaia outfit moderate edits Updated: Lines colored
bed of roses heavy edits Updated: Lines colored
Egypt Heavy edits Updated: Lines colored
Ready for Renfest! Heavy edits (I tried coloring the lines in this one again)
Ceberus moderate edits?
lagi Heavy edits Update: Lines colored
Freddy Krueger Heavy Edits Updated: Lines colored
Alien Extreme edits
The Ring Moderate Edits Updated: Lines colored
Chucky Minor Edits Updated: Lines colored
Pinhead Extreme Edits Updated: Lines colored
Jeepers Creepers Extreme Edits Updated: Lines colored
Scream Heavy Edits Updated: Lines colored
Creature from the Black Lagoon Moderate edits Updated: Lines colored
Mike Myers (Halloween) Heavy Edits Updated: Lines colored
Inara Heavy Edits Updated: Lines colored
Falin Heavy Edits (lines colored)
Robot Minor edits (only edits were eyes rest was done on fur layer) Updated: Lines colored

I've done a lot of edited ones so I thought I should balance things out a bit!

Tortie/Calico unedited Updated: Lines colored
Iguana unedited Updated: Lines colored
Wild Dog Unedited Updated: Lines colored
Timberwolf Unedited Updated: Lines colored
Blue Unedited Updated: Lines colored
TRI-color Unedited
Tan Unedited
Fire Unedited (Think I found a line coloring style I like with this one)
Earth Unedited
Air Unedited
Water Unedited
Rune Unedited Updated: Lines colored
Striped Unedited
Thaw Unedited Updated: Lines colored
Spot On Unedited
Freckles Unedited
Teal Unedited
Whiteface Unedited
Skull face Unedited

New Additions
From Season 2 of Face Off
Too Orange Unedited
Witch Heavy Edits
Fishy Fishy Heavy Edits
Parasite Heavy Edits
Cryo Heavy Edits

Firefly crew
Zoe Heavy Edits
Malcom Reynolds Heavy Edits
Simon Tam Heavy Edits
Shepard Book Heavy Edits
River Tam Heavy Edits
Kaylee Heavy Edits
Jayne Cobb Heavy Edits
Hoban Washburn Heavy Edits

Other Cosplay
12.21.2012 Heavy Edits
Prince Nuada Heavy Edits
Priestess Heavy Edits
Swirls Unedited
Butterfly Rogue Heavy Edits
Strawberry Lemonaid unedited
Angelic Moderate edits
Film Star Heavy edits
Birdy Extreme Edits
Cthulu Heavy edits

New breedings
Rolled breeding of Makoto x Jeolu

kit 1 minor edits
kit 2 minor edits
kit 3 moderate edits
kit 4 moderate edits

Rolled Breeding of 3 x 1

kit 1 moderate edits
kit 2 unedited

CC Breeding of DP x Elly (cause they'll never be able to have any babies together for real)

kit 1 Minor edits
kit 2 Moderate edits
kit 3 Minor edits  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:25 pm
Username:
-_Wish of the Goddess_-
My Little Pony - Current
Andicuri Dragons - Past
Position applying for:
Part time/Full time Artist
Unedited Kitsu examples:
Unedit1
Unedit 2
Unedit 3 - Tabby
Unedit 4 -Bluejay
Edited Kitsu examples:
Heavy Edit
ModEdit
Sample breedings:
CC:
Babbin1- Moderate
Babbin 2 - Minor
Rolled:
Babbin1 - Minor Edit
Babbin2 - Mod Edit

Rolls
Other examples:
-Will be done soon-
Extra notes?:
I <3 Kitsu? 8'D  

TheWishling
Crew

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

Ileatea

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:52 pm
Updated as of: 1/17/2012

Username: Ileatea
Current/past shop employment?: None
Position applying for: Any
Unedited Kitsu examples:

Edited Kitsu examples:
1 Minor
2Moderate

Sample breedings:
4x4
Kit Kit 1 No Edits
Kit 2 Minor Edits

3x1
Kit 1 Minor Edits
Kit 2 No Edits

Rolls

Other examples:Death Note Matt
Death Note Mello
Flower Kit
Zydrate Inspired
Snow Leopard Kit
Absynthe Kit
Feather
Snowy landscape

Extra notes?: I love Kitsu.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:32 pm

Username: Etherial Requiem
Current/past shop employment?: Shakaiyo and Grifflets - Both owned by me, run by my manager. We closed these earlier this month. All of us needed a break from actually running a shop. Im looking to just work somewhere else without the overhead c:
Position applying for: Full Time Colorist
Unedited Kitsu examples: X X
Edited Kitsu examples: X - The hair is meant to look a little 'punky'. Also I used the rainbows to show my understanding of blending shading templates to match the colors, rather than just leaving them all one color. - EDIT: I have since updated the hair, because of Gaia's cache, you might have to reload the actual image to see it ><
Sample breedings: male 3 x female 3 - Rolling
Baby 1 Baby 2

male 2 x female 4 - Rolling
Baby 1 Baby 2
Other examples: Coloring Work on PB
Extra notes?: I prefer non/minor editing. Just because I have a 40+ hpw job and a family life c: And edits are often tedious and take out the fun for me when always required or take hours to do c:

Oh.. and Saedusk sent me o:

Ktns

Lunatic

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:30 am
Username: graceangel
current: bunny luv, trash bandits. i own both of these. i color for bunny luv. i do minor and occassional work for TB. TB has a co-owner and full management team now. bunny luv is a small shop and is no longer time consuming.
past: cafe de la vie, left teh cafe because it closed
Position applying for: part time colorist (uneditted)
Unedited Kitsu examples: (at least 2-3)
Edited Kitsu examples: (at least 1-2)
Sample breedings: (at least 2)
Other examples:
Extra notes?: will fill this all out as i go along  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:13 am
Username: Sarei Stargazer
Current/past shop employment?: Plains of A'Veron
Position applying for: Full-time colorist! heart
Unedited Kitsu examples: [x] [x] [x]
Edited Kitsu examples: [Moderate] (Will add one or two more!)
Sample breedings: Haven't started on these yet!
Other examples: N/A as of now. =D
Extra notes?: I'm sorry I forgot to color the lineart on these ones! I will add more samples w/ colored lines! (For some reason PS is not allowing me to save the PSDs...it doesn't pull up the 'Save As' option for me, so I have to just save over the 'babylines' template each time I finish/want to save. O.o;; so I don't have them saved/can't edit them...^^ wink

I think this shop is great, the lineart is really nice and the people in the shop are really nice also! ^w^

Sorry, but I'm withdrawing my application~ I don't want to, but I think school is trying to kill me, and I'm also working on setting up my own shop, so I dunno if I'll get any more samples done. T__T  

Sareibear

Eloquent Explorer

10,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Tipsy 100

Ruyail

Malevolent Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:57 pm
Updated

Username: Ruyail

Current/past shop employment?: Worked for a few shops, some successful some failing until I quit Gaia. (MLP, Valse De La Lune, RYIS, Cosimals)

Position applying for: Full time Colorist / Part time Colorist

Unedited Kitsu examples:

Tux Kit | Spots Kit| Slime Kit | Rainbow Panda Kit | Purple Kit | Pink Oleander Kit | Mermaid’s Tear Kit | Mercury Kit | Ice Dragon Scale Kit | Green Kit | Gold Kit | Fire Kit| Down Kit | Cracked Ice Kit | Blood Kit

Edited Kitsu examples:

Unicorn Kit - Moderate | Huntsman Kit - Heavy | Eden Kit - Heavy | Chaotic Kit - Minor | Alchemy Kit – Minor

Sample breedings:

Breeding One: Rolls
Kit One
Kit Two

Breeding Two: Rolls
Kit 1
Kit 2

Other examples: I'll probably do more Kitsu and have MOAR examples <33

Extra notes?: I’ve wanted to work at Kitsusagi for a long time. I’ve got a ton of ideas. And two whole days of no internet per week to work on Kitsus. :] I'm back on Gaia and I want to get back into the swing of things! And  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:04 pm
Updated 6/30/17
Username: Abeno Seimei
past shop employment: Komirin, Narcysia, Isle of Raios
Position applying for: Semi Quarterly Colorist
Unedited Kitsu examples:
[Rose][Stripes] [Keys][Ivy][Bloom] [Feather] [Shooting Stars] [Flowers and Lace] [Chocolate Hearts]
Edited Kitsu examples:
[Moderate] [Heavy] [Heavy] [Extreme]

Sample breedings:
Randomized Breeding 1x2
Moderate
Unedited
Unedited

Choice Breeding 4x1
Unedited
Minor
Minor

Other examples:
This is some of my recent art in general
[x][x][x] [x]

Some of my old examples:Oldbies

Extra notes?: I use Adobe CS3 and PaintTool Sai.

Thank you for consideration heart  

Abeno Seimei
Crew

Magical Girl

8,575 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Mouse Alchemist
Crew

Loyal Wolf

12,225 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:53 am
Alex Mustang
Hi, are you still interested in coloring?

Username: Alex Mustang
Current/past shop employment?:Rent is due (art shop)
Position applying for:full time /part time colorist (which ever you need me for)
Unedited Kitsu examples: blue stripes
purple circles
Edited Kitsu examples: Orion cosplay
avi cosplay 1
oc avi cosplay
werewolf cosplay sample
ny cosplay gift
xmas edits deers
more deer edits
bird
Sample breedings:

This is where I rolled.
Random Rolling
4x4
Baby 1 (minor edits): random 1
Baby 2 (no edits) : random 2

Colorist choice:
3x1
Kit 1 Heavy edits ( babe 1)
Kit 2 Extreme edits ( babe 2)

my pairs just for more sample:
mother (Hana) X Father (Kyouya)
1.First kit litter no edits
2.second kit litter minor edits
3.3rd kit moderate edits
Breeding 2:
Father:Father (Leon)
Mother: Mother (Angela)
1.first kit moderate edits
2.Second Kit moderate edits
3.third kit unedited
Other examples:sample 1,sample 2
Extra notes?: I want to play with the anthro lines I did. lol. And I have been on gaia fooooreeever XD  
Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff