Welcome to Gaia! ::

ToS Friendly Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

ToS friendly Yaoi Rp'ing and other forums. 

Tags: roleplaying, friendly, writing, entertainment, yaoi 

Reply Role Playing 1x1
[$] The Dragon (Knux33 <3) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

knux33
Crew

Shy Carnivore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:10 pm
Killer_Kiwi_XD

Kigen sighed, running a hand through his almost-white blond hair and marching down the castle halls. He looked less obviously grand with his armor now off, just wearing simple cotton garb as he traveled the castle, but the man still held himself as a crown prince should, back straight and chin up as he moved quickly towards the castle gardens. He'd quickly and unhappily finished up work with his father, one letter even being sent to the dragonslayers to take their time getting ready for now. The deal was still on, but 'circumstances of war' made it so the slayers could take their time preparing, training, getting a full arsenal and all that. Kigen frowned just remembering that letter and how quickly his father was ready to just drop everything without taking any bit of time verifying things. The prince could not command he king though … but he could growl at his brother. So he was going to Noran's favorite spot on castle grounds: the gardens. It wasn't wild, but it was nature, and Noran loved dirt, plants and all that. So, surely, his brother would take the elven leader here to talk things out.

Kigen's steel gray eyes looked sharply around at the few benches along the garden path and even heading off-path to look underneath more shaggy trees. Because if he knew his brother, Noran would rather lay on dirt and grass than sit on a perfectly good bench. It was when he saw a figure beneath the willow tree Kigen thought he'd finally found his idiot brother and the black-haired elf, but when he carefully pushed the drooping whip-like branches of the old willow to the side, mouth open and expression annoyed, he found he was very mistaken.

She looked like an angel, only ten times better than any painted depiction of naked winged folks he'd ever seen. Small, smooth ripples swam out from where her hand was dipped lazily in the pond, a fish or two curiously but harmlessly nibbling at her fingers in search of breadcrumbs. Her hair and skin was impossibly white; like she was some ice sculpture instead of a living elf. Just some magical living construct made of ice and snow instead, with eyes that gave away an ice-colored heart that somehow didn't match the warm, bubbling, bit of laughter he'd heard a bit of before pushing the curtain of branches aside.

Realizing he was staring at a woman that wasn't his—yes, woman, because (Kigen belived) his brother was an idiot for not seeing that much clearly and easily—Kigen turned his gaze to the side instead and cleared his throat awkwardly, face going smooth again as he collected himself. “My apologies.” He turned to leave, not wanting to embarrass himself or his kingdom's reputation further than he might've already done just by gawking like a innocent young fool.

Verrick raised an eyebrow at Salin's words, but did not object to the elf taking the wine and going off to tease the horny hounds master. If the guest wanted fun with the wolf who also wanted to have fun, he had no reason to object, especially when the red-haired elf's wording made it quite clear the elf already knew exactly what kind of horny dog Gregory was. Though the steward sincerely the two would at least try not to make too much of a mess wherever the elf and werewolf ended up, though he also made the mental note to have the maids to an extra sweep of all the possible 'hiding places' for such things later.

Though the moment Salin was gone Verrick was made very aware of the fact he was alone with 'the trouble', the small hairs on the back of his neck standing up as Shavit circled him. He itched to be in his real form; to not just have hairs standing up but an entire mane to fluff out and fangs to bear at all this unwanted and (clearly on some level) primal kind of attention. When the prince arrived and left Shavit's almost predatory behavior and gaze didn't even waver, Verrick knew he was in for it. But the steward did not try to run, not that it would do much good, because this was a guest. He'd endured unwanted attention of all sorts in his line of work, though when Shavit's eyes got that look and the shorter body tensed just a fraction of a second before Verrick found himself belly-up on the bed the steward privately thought this definitely took the cake.

The brown haired male with touches of white at his temples was still as the elf sat on top of him, smelling and scenting him. Verrick was as tense as Shavit, ready at any moment to defend himself if the elf's observing turned into an attempt to hurt him though the steward doubted that was the elf's intent. If Shavit had wanted to hurt him, there were several far-more punishing surfaces to push him down on besides the large, cushy guest bed. But when the steward felt the other's tongue lightly touch the soft spot just below his chin and along the skin of his under-jaw. That surprised him; he'd had his a** grabbed and arms clung at, but he'd never been licked by a guest before. Then Shavit licked him again! It was very easy to notice; the other's tongue was oddly rough. Verrick was ashamed to notice his pulse had quickened, especially at the odd noise he heard come from the other's throat. After the tan male pulled back, the steward felt he knew what had him so reactive to this particular male: this was not just an overly-forward elf. This was an elf and … something else. Perhaps something a cousin to ferocious felines his own ancestors had known … and died under the claws of. So this was probably a simple instinctual reaction of a bat caught by a cat making his heartbeat quicken.

“I am not surprised. My kind has never been very well-known, not even in our homeland. We tend to keep to ourselves,” Verrick said simply after Shavit had backed off, sitting up himself and trying to get up—only to find the heated male was still not keen on letting him go. Verrick's eyes narrowed a bit further, the dark, unremarkable blue slightly annoyed.

“Sir.” Instead of trying further to get away Verrick was suddenly leaning forward, chest-to-chest against Shavit and I have work to do.” While this close it had been easy for Verrick to get one of his long arms around the desert dweller and grab the elven feline by the back of his shirt, thin limbs abnormally strong as he bodily lifted the elf up and plopped him to the side before standing up himself and straightening his sharp black uniform. Verrick, while far away from the land his people called home, still had the long, strong limbs built to easily lift his own body weight to climb massive tropical trees in search of sweet fruits. And work as a steward often had him excersizing his limbs, though he also worked them properly to maintain his thin form.

Then Verrick tried to make his escape with one large step, then two towards the door, hoping this odd confrontation was over.

Noran nodded and took off with Shavit's instructions, mind running through all the possibilities. There were different high towers in the castle; the ramparts too, but they weren't as high as …

Remembering another member of his family who'd had a high-up nook far away from the going-son of the castle, Noran suddenly picked up his pace and went in a more sure direction. He'd always escaped castle life by going to the kennels, the stables, and the woods. Kigen had tried very little to escape it all, instead becoming part of the inner weaving and only 'leaving' to be part of the guard ranks. Zimmen though, Zimmen had never really wanted to fit into the mold of a 'prince' really. So to get away from less-fun chores like training in sword combat and riding, Zimmen had found a very private, high place to run away to whenever he needed it. Noran hurried through the halls, up the stairs … and then made the climb, huffing and puffing the whole way but stamina not failing him. He was not as quick as Kigen when it came to swordplay, or quick in mind as Zimmen. But he never stopped going when he needed to get something done, plodding and trotting on like a hound determined to track a sent until he caught what he was after or he died on the trail. Especially for Darlin, and very especially if the other was heading for a 'high place'. Between the elf secretivly 'going mad' and everything Nor was more than half afraid he'd be too slow and he'd arrive to-- Just the thought of it had Noran's stomach dropping like a sack of stones, or to replaced by a horrible, throbbing empty.

But he got there. And there was Darlin, the other's black hair a mess but the elf otherwise alright. Though at Darlin's words once he was close Nor sighed: “Oh Darlin'” and fell to his knees, grabbing the elf hard and just holding Darlin tightly against his broad chest. He was sweaty but figured Darlin wasn't the type to care about little things like that. “Dalrin' Darlin' Dalrin' … 'just be here'? Is the night sky ever 'just there'? Are the shadows paintin' the world ever 'just there'? You're … you're too much just to be 'just' anything, Darlin'.” Noran wasn't much of a poet, so it was hard to really say his feelings, but these words were true enough to him. Darlin was too big a part of the prince's world to ever seem so little. But … he couldn't help the fact he was going to die someday. If he could, he would but … there was just no way. No matter how much he wanted to be there for Darlin—and it was oh so obvious now he needed to be there for Darlin as long as there was breath left in him—he was mortal … and he would die.

Noran sighed, loosening his grip a little so Darlin could stay against him or pull away if he wished. “All I can do is love you, Darlin. Can that be enough … for you?”

((Noran is a gigantic corny puppy sap yet somehow I luv him to bits))

Barlak of the Hot Temper who was oh so good at saying hurtful biting things (that weren't necessarily all true) when angry just grinned at Aerion after the kiss he got, eyes nearly glowing. “Elf, elf, elf,” he chided the prince playfully, beginning to stroll away. “Dragons never run from anything! I will simply elect to avoid anything overly-bothersome, if you do become that while brooding,” Balrak said simply, then shifted into a massive fog of shadow and smoke, only to reform dramatically in his true form with a loud, booming roar aimed at the sun; body coiled and filling the courtyard around Aerion in big, circular wall of glistening scales. With a proud smile across his maw, Balrak leaped upward and took off, wings causing the winds to toss and turn like they would in a storm for a moment before everything calmed and the dragon was nothing more than a sparkling stretch of green and gold in the sky.

Feeling very pleased with himself the dragon kept climbing in altitude, the wind against his scales and sun above intoxicating as he kept going higher and higher, aiming at the sun. It was a playful sort of exercise he'd done as long as he could fly: going as high as he could right at the sun, imagining that if he got close enough he could show the large glowing orb it was he, a dragon, who burned brightest in this sky. Each strong flap of his wings thundered and his tail whipped eagerly as he climbed until even the clouds were far below him. Once he was satisfied with his height and the satisfying burn in his muscles the dragon roared in a wide stretch of jaws, chest compressing and fire within beginning to kindle. With a deep inhale after the roar, Balrak then bellowed flames and death upwards towards the sun defiantly, holding the exhale of destruction a good long while before letting the stream die off and beginning his lazy glide back down towards the earth, satisfied.

He spent the rest of the daylight as a spider hunter, sniffing out any remaining nests and setting the clusters of dripping cobwebs and eggs aflame along with most of the spiders living in their lairs. It was very pleasing to once again be a massive beast that brought death and destruction as he pleased, his wrath swift and merciless against the insects who had even a hint of a chance to harm his elf. His brooding mate. Mm. Mate. The dragon stopped into the ashes of what had once been a spider nest and curled up in the cinders and embers, digesting the word. Mate. Yes; it fit, though Balrak had never known of any of his kind to officially have one before. Not that he'd lingered around many to ask about their love lives.

It was dusk by the time Barlak was home over his city, slowly circling and sniffing to see which part of the large gilded elven ruin Aerion was in at the moment. Landing very gingerly on the roofing and ramparts, Balrak didn't want to resume his human form just yet, even as tempting as laying and playing as Aerion was. Balrak wanted to linger in his own magnificence a little while longer. The gold lining his chest was aglow with his still-hot inner flame, smoke trickling lazily from his nostrils and mouth as his eyes glowed and searched the street for sign or sight of Aerion. “Elf?” Now, what had the other been up to in his absence anyway?

Gregory wanted so badly to ******** Salin's brains out he didn't even care about the insults thrown his way. One glimpse of that grinning smug face was enough to have him running. The houndmaster didn't care an inch about protocol. He ran into the castle (startling more than a few maids) though most of the veteran guards just rolled their eyes). The werewolf thundered to the wing where the elves had been led, following his nose, and freezing in front of the room Salin had come out of. Then, the werewolf wrinkled his nose and snuffed and sniffed, creeping along and cursing because this would be so much easier in his wolf form. But he couldn't exactly be a massive beast in the king's castle without every guard trying to skin him alive, and he very much preferred his black pelt on his body. So, he suffered the lesser sniffer (which was still much better than a regular man's) and followed Salin's scent on the trail it led through the castle, pace quickening as the scent grew stronger and Gregory more eager to catch his prey. He opened the next door quickly, Salin's scent so strong the elf had to be behind it.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:06 am
knux33

Leanna heard the crunching of the dirt under boots and thought nothing of it, instead keeping her gaze staring up at the sky while she watched in intrigued and enlightened. She watched the clouds drift slowly to a dark color, like moving ink that blotted out the spattering of stars that she could see from where she was removed from most of the light. She didn't notice the footsteps get closer but when they suddenly stopped near her and the branches started to sway as the scene was interrupted she did bother to change her gaze. Of course once she noticed it was Kigen there looking down at her she sat up in surprise, staring up at the male for a moment while he stared back.

She was thinking he would berrate her for laying in the flowers, perhaps even messing with the fish, but instead the man just stared…. And stared until Leanna felt herself grow concerned with his actions. After a few moments more she was just about to ask the man if he was okay when finally he spoke up… by dismissing himself as if he had walked in on something that he had not meant to. Leanna had every intent of letting the other walk away, of dismissing him, but then as Kigen started walking away Leanna rose to her feet and followed after the other. "Wait a moment."

She grabbed her shoes but did not bother with putting them back on before following after the male quickly. "Generally when someone had guests staying in their home they speak with them at least once before completely distrusting them." Leanna stopped the other with a gentle hand on his shoulder before looking up at him with a small smile on her face. "I know it's rather forward of me but… I can tell when we are not trusted, it's one of my skills in Darlins sort of command. How about we talk? You won't hear much from the others, they do not speak without looking to Darlin first and I think your houndmaster has stolen Salin away at this point… I would like to clear up at least some of this distrust."

Leanna hoped the other would allow her to talk to him, explain things, reveal things about them so that they could gain some trust. "We are asking a lot from you and your father I know. I would like to disperse some of this distrust so I will answer what I can without going to far if you would sit and talk with me… I also may be trying to keep you from Darlin and your brother." Leanna looked around and found a pleasant bench to sit on before grabbing the others hand in her slightly cold fingers and coaxing him over to sit with her.

"If you are wondering if we are trying to trick your brother I would have you know the situation is far from that. Despite what you have seen he is…. A worthy king." Leanna didn't quite know how else to put it. She had known Darlin for so long, had been by his side for longer than she had truly known him, and she knew he would never lie to anyone about something as serious as what was going on. Whether it be the war or his madness.

Shavit was surprised that the other revealed anything at all but then he was being lifted and set aside like a little kitten who had just been playing. The blond stared at the back of the male as he took his first step, then another, and another until he decided he wasn't quite done and the other couldn’t leave. He was around the other and looking up at him with curious eyes as he closed the door. "Your supposed to make the guests comfortable yes? Well I need more that 'my kind isn't well known' before I trust you being around my people. You could argue that I could just let you leave but clearly you know places in this castle we do not and therefore you have an advantage on all of us… accept maybe the twins." Shavit looked the other up and down, reaching out and poking him in curiosity, it was like a cat batting at a ball of string. Nothing fierce in him at all, nothing that may suggest he would even remotely hurt the other, just a burning curiosity.

"I so rarely meet other who are not elves, not now that I am so far from the deserts, I am curious and concerned so explain for me a moment." Shavit moved around the other more, poking and prodding at limbs and muscles, before he grabbed and pulled the man back to the bed. Sat on the bed with an innocent look, moving around a bit, but he didn't pull on the other anymore. "Do you like sweet things? Is that why you are sweet? We have a flower in my village that is sweet… it taste like… like…" Shavit paused for a moment trying to think of a way to describe the flower that was so often eaten by his people. It was small, red, found in the few oasis that his people often lived around. It was brittle during the winter, the cold freezing the thin leaves, but when eaten it was sweet and melted onto the tongue.

"Sha'vin'ra" He uttered as his mind tried to conjure the best way to explain what the word mean. It was sweetness, warmth… Shavit looked up at the other. "Like spring. It taste like spring in the dessert when the wind that kicks up is sweet with dew and pollen." Shavit owed part of his name to spring, his mother had said it was because he was born so early in the spring and that even as a small child he had been so very sweet…. His mother always claimed he was like that flower, sweetest in the spring, the few partner he had said he tasted sweet though the only sweet thing he ever ate was the pleasant little flower. Shavit slid off the other side of the bed so quickly it was like he had spent his life doing such silly thing before he came back with a small bag and pulled out a tiny little flower.

"My family send these to me often, very often, it's spring there right now…" Shavit pulled off one of the tiny little petals and set it on his tongue, the sweet smell erupting forth as the petal melted, before he held the flower out for Verrick. "I apologize or tackling you, it was rude, but my curiosity gets the better of me more often than not and I tend to act out." He pulled off another petal, setting it on his tongue, he really hoped the man would accept the peace offering. He was curious about Verrick and he wanted to have some questions answered.

Salin went to his room, locked the windows, and then looked for a place to hide that was close to the door and he could drink the wine. There were beams above his head, supposedly to help hold the stone, beams that Salin eagerly pulled himself up onto. He laid himself out across the beam and started drinking, and drinking, and drinking till the bottle was gone and he was left tipsy and waiting for some fun to be had. Of course when Gregory finally found the room Salin watched the other silently as he he came into the room, slinking across the beam almost lazily before he dropped down silently behind the hound master.

A moment later he slid himself onto the other back, wrapping his arms around the others shoulders, a grin clear on the lips pressed teasingly to the back of Gregorys neck. "You should be happy that not a knife pressing into your back… I could have killed you ya know… What happened to the big bad hunter? You let your guard down chasing a bit of tail." Salin chuckled before quickly dodging away from the wolf and landing straight on the bed. He stretched out, arching his back, chuckling "Though you are right! These beds are very soft…. Do you think we can break it?" Salin was all stretched out limbs, tight clothing, and flushed cheeks. But when Gregory got close he easily managed to get himself back above the man, tauntingly crawling across the beam before leaning down to lazily close the door.

He tutted a little before dangling his legs down and sighing. "Well come on then… take something off. You have me alone here in this room… show me something that might convince me to come down." Salin chuckled lowly to himself before sitting up and starting to pull at his own clothes. "And it's so hot in here I am sure it won't take much."

Darlin was surprised when Noran held him close, when he started speaking to him, when he told him just the things he needed to hear that somehow made this all better. He already knew all of this, he knew he had Noran, he knew that if he had just fought he could have had him and that whatever misconceived notion he had about some how, in some way, protecting the other from his illness would have made no difference. Darlin pressed closer to Noran and when he gave him the chance to move away and for a moment he tried to just listen to the others heart beat as his calmed the ocean howling in his head. He listened and then he leaned up and kissed Noran firmly, making sure that the other felt the kiss.

When he pulled away he looked up at the other. "That's the thing Noran. This doesn’t stop with death, it doesn’t end for you, with me staying here you stay here." Darlin pulled away and put a hand on the others chest "For the rest of MY live which could very well be forever you and I will be here… you will be born over and over and I will be there nearly every time to find you though the fates are cruel and not always will I be able to. If you are lucky one day, maybe, you'll be reborn like me but until that time… Every meeting will be fleeting and I have no secrets. With me you will never sire any children, have any heirs, in every life after this you NEVER will because you are bound to me. I would rather us bother be given the chance to die than to take from you every right that you have…"

((Aerion and Balrak will have to wait my brain is dying here.))  

Killer_Kiwi_XD
Captain

Malevolent Inquisitor

13,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Conversationalist 100

knux33
Crew

Shy Carnivore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:04 am
Killer_Kiwi_XD

Kigen was less than thrilled when Leanna spoke up behind him, telling him to wait. He'd hoped he'd be able to just forget his lapse and get back to trying to track down his brother before Noran did something stupid. Unwanted attention or not, the prince did slow his pace out of politeness, and stopped at the oddly-cool hand on his shoulder though the crown prince presumed the coolness and dampness were both lingering effects of the woman's hand being in the pond. As much as he would rather spend his time getting back to trying to hunt down his younger brother Kigen knew snubbing the female elf now would do nothing besides make his father look bad. So, the eldest prince put on a small smile (that was, to a trained eye, clearly a nice-looking placeholder instead of an actual smile) and reluctantly allowed himself to be derailed from his desired course by this woman who could, supposedly, feel his distrust.

“Alright. So long as you're being honest,” he couldn't help but sigh hearing Leanna knew who he was really looking for and seemed happy enough to keep him from the youngest brother he had. He let the cool fingers take his hand and lead him to the nearby bench, sitting down and raising an eyebrow at what Leanna said. “You said earlier Nor is Darlin's … 'bonded' of sorts. You also said it is not like marriage. Explain to me what 'bonded' means, and whether or not my brother can also fulfill a proper kind of marriage while bonded to Darlin.”

Verrick couldn't help the frown on his face when Shavit slid in front of him and shut the door, making the other's opinion on his attempt to leave very clear. The steward sighed at the other telling him his job, having often heard guests giving their own opinions on how a steward should make guest comfortable (or, vulgarly, how guests should be pleasured). But at least this cat-elf put forth a good argument for himself before batting and pawing at the steward who tried very hard not to roll his eyes, instead listening attentively.

“I am highly offended you imply my having the advantage could at all be of any danger to yourself or any of your companions. You are guests of the crown, and are to be treated accordingly,” the steward felt he needed to voice; even if he wasn't human he was highly devoted to his duties. Then Verrick let himself be led back to the bed and sat down so they were closer to eye-to-eye. Though even sitting down Verrick was taller than Shavit, looking down at the curious little thing. Tilting his head himself the man couldn't help but be curious as well when the desert dweller mentioned a sweet kind of desert flower, trying to properly describe it.

“Sha'vin'ra,” Verrick quietly tasted the word as Shavit went off to his pack before returning with a small bag, from which he actually pulled out a flower with some of the thinnest little petals Verrick had ever seen. Blue eyes watching alertly as Shavit demonstrated by eating one petal before offering the flower towards him for sharing. Inwardly, the steward debated for a moment. He did like sweet things. He liked them a lot. But there was a certain breech of protocol to accept a gift …

On the other hand, Shavit was being open with him and trying to be nice. Unorthodox or not, it would only be fair to give a little bit in return. Besides, the quicker the kitten's curiosity was sated, the sooner he could get back to all the chores that needed doing. Plus … he could smell the sweetness on Shavit's breath as the other spoke after eating one petal, and it nearly made him drool. Verrick reached over and gingerly plucked one little petal for himself, holding the little wafer of a thing between the tip of his thumb and forefinger before gingerly putting the item on his tongue and closing his eyes, tasting. He did not move for several long moments, because … it was so horribly, deliciously sweet. It resonated wonderfully with his sweet tooth, his biggest weakness, but Verrick was hesitant to show just how much he did love sweet things. So, he swallowed and stood, not heading for the door this time tough. Instead he calmly walked over to the windows and began closeing the curtains one by one, speaking as he did so.

“I do not know why I taste sweet to you, but I do often eat sweet things. My kind mostly life on fruits, though … there is another … 'type' of our kind that are akin to distant cousins of my own race that drink blood instead. We are secretive because mankind often mistake us for our more lethal kin, and treat us as such, attacking colonies without reserve. That is why it is very important not even a hint of what I am is to leave this room, understand?” Having finished with the curtains Verrick returned to the bed, standing in front of Shavit and holding out one stern finger at the 'young' elf. “This is to be my home for a decade yet, at least. But before then, I want to witch hunts to disturb my peace here.”

Once he felt he was properly understood, Verrick nodded his satisfaction and went over to the door, locking it before unbuttoning the top three buttons on his uniform, turning and facing Shavit as he finished. Then … the steward showed what he really was, face lengthening and form shifting. He was still largely the same: very tall, with two arms and two legs. But now there was a thick light-brown mane around his throat, making it obvious why the steward had needed to unbutton a bit: otherwise the mane would've probably been to thick to fit around the neck of the uniform. His face was much like a flying fox, with white markings patterned in a way that showed the white hair around his temples in human form were simply the hint of the other's true form markings.

Little ears perked Shavit's way, Verrick held out his hands (now webbed) out in a 'here I am' gesture that finished with a shrug. “My kind call ourselves the Kalang,” he said simply, before crossing his arms and waiting for either more questions or dismissal.

Gregory walked into the room and was looking around eagerly, smelling elf but not seeing him (and not thinking to look up) and only managing to glimpse the empty wine bottle before Salin got the drop on him. The werewolf just smiled wide with a rolling chuckle, enjoying the feel of the elf's teasing lips. “You and I both know this isn't the kind of hunt that involves those sorts of knives,” he growled happily, twisting around in the elf's grasp; desiring so much to be face-to-face with the elf. Or even with his arms around the other's shoulders and grinding his want against the other's back--

But the elf was as quick as a rabbit and as nimble as a weasel, flopping onto the bed and leaving only the sweet hint of wine from his breath lingering just as teasingly in the air by the wolf. Gregory watched hungrily as Salin's clothing left next to nothing to his imagination while the elf arched and stretched on the plush sheets, as slick and delicious-looking as a fresh sausage frying in a pan. No … way more delicious than that. The werewolf licked his lips shamelessly and leaped like an animal at Salin, but when he hit the bed there was nothing but scent left behind yet again. With a huff that was frustrated in just one, pounding way the werewolf hopped off of the bed and paced below the beam, eagerly watching the elf's muscles smoothly shifted as the redhead crawled along the wood before closing the door and giving his ultimatum. His shirt was off and tossed to the floor nearly before Salin finished his sentence, and his pants come off just as quickly, showing just how 'ready' the werewolf was to impress.

Holding his arms out, Gregory barked up: “Impressed yet?” then laughed, and went even farther. Kneeling down he shifted and grinned up again with a true wolf's teeth, pelt as black as a new moon and yellow eyes bright as he panted his eagerness. Without warning the werewolf circled the beam once before gathering up his body in a crouching pose—and then he sprang. Three paws hit the board solidly, smoothly and easily pulling himself up to plant the fourth and slather the elf in a wolf's 'kiss' before ripping the elf's shirt off and leaping down with the item of clothing before the werewolf slid onto the bed, tail and butt held high in his own form of teasing as he chewed the elf's shirt a few moments. Gregory wouldn't stay patient and playful for long though … and next, he was going to ruin the elf's pants and ******** the redhead into the beam if Salin didn't hop down.

Noran was taken by surprise by the kiss, but it was a very pleasant surprise he quickly returned in kind, wanting to somehow be able to tell Darlin through the pressure on their lips just how much he loved the other. But when they kiss was over the black-haired elf laid out the hard reality of their situation for Noran to digest, and the prince did have to think. Because as much as he wanted to just take this leap, the prince had been a woodsman too long to not take a second and properly think such a big choice through. To have his soul bound to the earth, potential never being allowed to go to heaven was a bit of a chilling thought. He'd known Salin and his bonded, but hadn't thought really about that eventually happening to him. What would it be like, to be born again? Would he even be himself? It was so odd and chilling to think about, like reaching into one's shoe and finding the cool skin of a stow-away lizard instead of nothing.

"With Salin's bonded ... when Salin finds him again, what's it usually like? Is he the same, or ... does rebirth make him different, change his soul?" Noran couldn't help but sound nervous; he didn't want to turn into someone completely different.

And knowing they couldn't have any children was a blow. Out of all the things he'd looked forward to to getting a wife, being a father had been high on the list. Little sons and daughters to teach everything he knew, and to get gray hairs over. But after a bit of thinking, Noran blinked and gave the elf a small, hesitant smile. "We ... we can still adopt though. Right? I-I mean Kigen's definitely going to be having kids soon so dad'll have that and I'll have little blood nieces and nephews to keep the line going ..."

((Hahaha, no problem! We are juggling a lot of balls here *w* ))  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:46 pm
knux33

Leanna smiled at the question the other asked and looked out over the trees and bushes. "That's a hard thing to answer… I will explain it as best I can but just so you know we rarely take the time to explain these kind of things." She shifted in her seat a moment, clearly gathering her thoughts before she started on her explanation. "Marriage for mortals is something that doesn’t last very long you understand. You have short lives compared to us and while many of your marriages are formed by love many more are forced. The first thing that is different is true bonds cannot be forced. Elves get married all the time mind you. Marriage is not a new construct Mortals have thought up, but every elf has someone they are bonded to, it's like a connection." Leanna scrunched her nose at that word because it really was all very hard to explain.

"Like…Wolves when they find their true mate most often die soon after their mate dies… Accept elves live forever and so the very fiber of someone's being is bound to another. When an elf bonds, their soul connects to their bonded directly and they are bound together even after death so that persons soul, should they die, is reborn so long as they elf does not pass a year after the person died. Basically unless both bonded pair die within a year of each other then they are reborn again and again. Fate ties them together to forever be close and be…as one." At the last part of the question though Leanna went silent looking up at the sky with a far off expression.

"You wouldn’t wish that on your brother would you?" She sounded almost sad, slightly appalled at the idea. Shavit's people did that but they were many, and the marriages were by choice, and it was never just for the prospect of children. "I… He won't be able to Kigen. His very soul is bound to another and unless he truly loved the woman he was with it would do nothing but bring him pain an misery. He would have to stay here while Darlin was taking care of his kingdom, raise children away from the other, and it most cases where it's a mixed race pairing neither of them would even be able to impregnate anyone if they so choose." Leanna looked to Kigen. "You don't plan on dying any time soon, your father is still young enough to hold the throne for many years, your wife will sire you many children when you marry and you know the trials of king better than your brothers so why would you wish that on them?" Leanna looked back to the sky.

"If they are lucky then one day the fates will be kind and they will have a chance to have a child, Salin and his bonded ended up with many but they have all passed, to wish that on someone though is nearly cruel. He won't remember all the children he had at first but eventually he will remember the moment they came into his life and how he left them still glowing, still happy though sad for a dying father, and how none of them were left breathing by the time he had come back to them…" Leanna shuddered but at the same time such a fate did not seem to horrible. "If you were wondering though, elves do not follow the same rules as mortals, Darlin and Noran may very well have children one day… but that is not a situation I am at liberty to explain to you."

Shavit was a bit surprised by the others silence and sudden standing, as if he ahdn't enjoyed the sweet treat, he wanted to ask but then Verrick was going to the windows and closing all the curtains with intent and Shavit was already intrigued. As the other spoke though, mentioning a much violent cousin of his he couldn’t help but feel a small amount of kinship. Both elves and his mothers kind had much more violent cousins that enjoyed killing people without any remorse… though they all were very different in appearance and easy to tell the difference with. Shavit nodded to the others request, he wouldn’t say a word about what he was going to see, before finally the other started loosening the top of his shirt. Shavit stared a moment, distracted the sudden exposure of skin, then focused back on what the other was saying and the fact that the skin was suddenly changing quite a bit.

Shavit watched the other completely enraptured and when he finally spoke again Shavit was silent and still just staring before he jumped up and instantly tackled the other rather softly to the ground before petting him. "I haven't seen one of your kind since I was a child!" He whispered so excitedly that he sounded almost reverent. "When I was a very little boy a group of your kind would come often for the flowers we grew and they had a small one with them, I can't remember his name, we played for hours and hours every visit~ it was so long ago I had forgotten." Shavit stroked the main, and the furr, that purring noise rumbling his chest.

"He wasn't allowed to have any flowers, it's bad for young ones, so we just played~ I wish I remembered his name." Shavit resisted the urge to say that Verrick had many of the same markings as the other he had met because while he was young for an elf he was still very old. He didn't like the thought of how old, though while he pet the other he let himself change, a very small difference for him, His ears growing more cat like but still the color of sand with slightly darker tips. A very thin and soft layer of fur on his body was joined by a long tail. A long white and redish brown patch following his spine all the way down. Shavit sniffed the other again, tail flicking eagerly, he knew this smell and it reminded him so much of when he was smaller that the excitement was almost too much.

Salin was really happy to see the other change but then the wolf was ripping off his shirt and Salin was moderately affronted because he quite liked that shirt. The thought was of course ignored and instead traded with the interest in Gregory. Salin silently watched the other before shifting around and carefully sliding onto the bed. Salin slid off what was left of his clothes before reaching out and stroking the fur with a bit of curiosity. It brought back memories, many of them, pleasant ones of laying in the sun and watching the sky for hours. Salin knew it wouldn’t take long for Gregory to remember something, to remember them, but for now he was the only one that remembered what they had been.

Darlin was surprised by the question and he grinned widely. "Of course, of COURSE, you will always be the same person. What then would be the point of this? Your life will be different every time and sometimes you may experiencing things that make you different but only things that if they happened now you would have reacted the same way." Darlin kissed the other lightly. "We can adopt as many children as you wish, elves and human alike, and every other life time we can do the same over and over again. You won't ever have to live a life not knowing me because if I do not find you than you won't even know and I will just find you later." Darlin smiled.

"I can't promise you that I will find you always, it is never so simple, the world is a big place but I can certainly try to find you." Darlin smiled widely though he knew that things would not always be pleasant. Sometimes there would be war, and war meant death, and sometimes children died and he knew that all of this would hinder him he just hoped that somehow they would always find each other.

((Next post I introduce sad stuff.))  

Killer_Kiwi_XD
Captain

Malevolent Inquisitor

13,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Conversationalist 100

knux33
Crew

Shy Carnivore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:28 pm
Killer_Kiwi_XD

Kigen sat and waited patiently for the elf to begin, now resigned to having a lesson instead of berating his younger brother. He listened curiously, though the wolf comparison only made him frown. All he knew of wolves (or werewolves) was what bad lazy or greedy or desprit or just plain nasty individuals did near ranches: namely steal livestock, sometimes slaughter needlessly ... and ultimately need to be hunted down. Their living habits, he knew nothing of beyond the fact they usually lived in packs and howled eerie songs in the wildlands.Nevertheless, he followed the explanation of bonding pretty well, even if the thought of his brother getting stuck living and dying over and over was more than a little concerning.

At the woman's concern over his badgering his brother Kigen frowned, shaking his head. "You bring news of war and you think any of our lives is sure any longer? We are not figureheads to sit and lead from the tail-end of our people's army. My father will come to be in thick of war strategies, and I will be a general on the front." He had trained all his life in the leading men, after all. "No, I do not plan to die. But I also do not think foolishly enough to think I am impervious to the same dangers of wars as any man. Noran, my father, myself. Any of us can die, and perhaps all of us will live on. But in case we are not to, we must be ready to do whatever duties are required of them. As of yet I have no children. So, in the event of my death, one of my brothers would have to take up the crown ... or allow the kingdom's nobles to tear what our ancestors have worked so hard for into bickering pieces of what used to be a united kingdom." Kigen shook his head. "The future is not certain. I do want my brothers to be happy, but I also want our people to be happy and stable under a kingship without waver. We, as royals, have more to worry about than our own happiness ... though some of us don't act like it," Kigan grumbled, thinking of Zimmen. He was bitter but unable to say anything about the way his middle brother had 'jumped ship', and didn't even know whether the dragon slayer's leader had even had to ask for the prince as payment or whether Zimmen had just offered himself up.

He and the bookish brother had never really gotten along well, anyway.

Though the talk of maybe having kids just had the crown prince shaking his head. "What they 'may have' is no concern of mine. It is not a certainty, though it would be preferable if they could." Kigen sighed, deciding such information was too nonsensical to possibly be a lie. Souls getting 'bonded', men having kids ... Only elves and magic could make sense of it, and Kigen was a man who preferred blood and steel; things part of his everyday and easily tangible to him.

He looked towards the impossibly beautiful woman, though he did not gawk or get caught off-guard again. "So. Gregory is Salin's bonded then, or is the elf simply looking for a free ********? Because I imagine father would be rather sore to loose his long-term houndmaster." He'd easily put that bit of two-and-two together.

For the second time Verrick found himself tackled by the smaller elf, and he glared sourly at the ceiling as he was petted. Though the steward looked surprised the other had seen any of his kind at all ... though with such sweet flowers where the desert dwellers lived he was not surprised. He could sympathies with the story of the young one not being allowed sweets; though he only vaguely remembered his own pre-weening it was not a time looked on with much fondness. He'd been late-born so he'd had to live with the envy of other young ones in the colony being allowed to finally have sweets while he was still stuck with milk. A milk very sweet, and very necessary to help his kind grow as tall and strong as they did; switching to sugar and fruit early often led to weakened bones and even crippled limbs. So children were kept on a very, very strict diet. Another misfortune to being born late was having to suffer the indignity of being carried most of his colony's migration instead of walking himself ... and in turn they had stopped and rested for quite a while in some places. He did not remember where; the anger at older Kalang was the sharpest memory, and more of a old feeling than even that.

He didn't remember traveling much; only that they came from a series of unpleasant hot places and how nice it was to live here where it was much cooler, though the winters were a bother for him. But he would much rather live through cold than swelter in the heat; a sentiment not all of his colony had shared. So, many had gone searching for a warmer clime or even headed back the way they'd come.

At least being pet was not ... exactly unpleasant, though the steward still had his work on his mind. Seeing the little elf-cat (the other was so very clearly cat-like now there was no question to it at all) getting all excited Verrick grabbed him by the back of the shirt again and plopped him to the side while he sat himself up and gave the elf a look over and slightly intrigued by the other's changes, though he did not have time to linger. "Satisfied? I need to return to my work."

The werewolf released the shirt and panted happily at the other's strokes, but soon had a paw over the elf and then was a man again straddling Salin, lusty smile somehow edged with something soft. His was his forever mate; that was the warm, soft knowledge he knew that filled him up with an even greater urgency to make the elf his right now. "I hope you like it rough and long; we're going to be here all night long," he growled in a low promise before giving the elf's pointed ears a n**, then a n** to the side of Salin's under-jaw that was followed by sucking and general making of hikkies all down Salin's neck, marking and bruising for all the world to see. He wanted to ride the elf all night, perhaps play 'catch' a few times too. Though he did say rough and it would be, Gregory was more a wild rough than careless rough when it came down too it.

Noran let out a breath he didn't realize he'd been holding, relived at all Darlin told him and the other's soft kiss too. The prince smiled back, brown eyes lighter with those worries gone before he just embraced the elf. "Then ... let's make it official, alright? How do we do that; make it so we're actually bonded?"

(( emotion_dowant ))  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:14 pm
knux33

It was dark this night, dark and cold, which lead to a great ease for the dark colored figure to slink along under the guise of shadows. A tall thin form, hidden by the nothing in the dark, even as he started pulling himself up walls and across terraces. Usually the waning sunlight radiating from the moon would show a figure creeping in the night, sliding along walls like a snake, but this figure had grown used to such things. Once a year, for a few nights, the figure would find himself in this same kingdom sliding along the walls and scrambling across roofs unseen until he made it to the castle and then from there he would slid in through the same entrance he always took and slink along the under belly of the castle.

Through tunnels no one ventured and across floors so long kept un-clean that the dirt had molded with the stone. He left o footprints, no indication of his coming or eventual going, but he knew his destination quite well. Up staircase after staircase until he found himself peering through a slit in dark wood and into a warm room that radiated with the fire burning in the corner. The fire was always burning when he arrived after the first few times, always so bright and warm, he could feel the warmth against the wood as if it was reaching out for him.

Slowly, so as not to disturb anything that may be laying in the room he pushed the tall bookshelf open and carefully slid into the room before closing it behind himself. It took so little time once he reached the kingdom to get where he wanted that the long journey seemed nearly like nothing at all. His stomach was alight with nerves as he looked around the empty room, lowering the hood he had covering his face, the bright blond hair sticking out in dark contrast to the thiefs garb he so often wore. Fingers reached out to stroke the modest bed, nothing like the gilded atrocity that he had in his home, the warm fabric sliding against his skin almost comfortingly.

Carefully he sat himself on the edge of the bed, holding the hood in his hands, and simply looked around the room to see what had changed in his absence. He knew nothing would happen to him here, not that anything happened to him anywhere, but it was still such a great comfort to know he was safe where he was. It took a long while before the door opened and a figure stepped in, a very long while, and these days he no longer had to fret about it being a "loving" wife to come stumbling upon him in her search for her husband.

Blue eyes looked to the door and while there was a smile on the forever young face his eyes looked worried, tense, even more so accompanied by the twisting of his hands on his hood. He was quick to look away from the face that greeted him, he grew so much older after every visit and it made the elfs heart ache, but it wasn't the age he saw there that made him so worried and ashamed. He pulled at the hood in his hands, gripping the fabric with thin fingers, his stomach had turned into unpleasant knots long ago and no longer the wonderful butterflies he had felt so often.

"I did something bad…" His voice wasn't deep but instead warm and on most occasions pleasant but at this moment he sounded like a scolded child…or perhaps a very lost one. "My light ran away… he ran away and didn't come back from the sick place… so I started doing bad things and I have done something very bad." The elf king looked up at the other with worried eyes. Would he hate him for this? Would Harris be angry with him and scold him, shout things at him like his royal guard had? He didn't know, he just didn't know, and it scared Sand'ril much more than he wanted to admit.

"My head doesn’t feel right anymore, I don't know what I am doing, I don't remember doing the things they say I did… Something is so very wrong with me." Sand'ril reached out for the other when he came closer, grabbing his hand and holding it tightly, he could feel such aged skin and it meant nothing to him.

For years he had been coming to the castle every day, and night, for one week during the colder nights. Since Harris had been nothing but a young prince just barely old enough to take the throne if needed. Sand'ril had watched when the other was married, spent nights and days curled up with the man in the kings bed, and even as Harris's children had started running through all of the city Sand'ril had been there and showed up for his time. And every year, at the end, he left the one person his heart and soul truly belonged to without a word, or a mention, hoping the other would ask him to stay just once but never gaining something so pleasant. He would return to his kingdom bitter and wanting, vowing never to go back, only to return the next year at the same time.

Leanna chuckled at the others statement about Gregory, wishing she could tell the other no, they had no intent to take away any more people than they absolutely had to but apparently things were going to be a good deal different.

"I wish I could tell you no but unfortunately I think that's pretty much a foregone conclusion that they are bonded. " She chuckled to herself, pretty sure that any chance there was to keep them away from each other was now completely ruined. They were probably ruining a bed, or a desk, or something if her memory was correct about how Salin and Gregory were the last time. Though it was so rare for you bonded to be born with the same name over and over again Salin was lucky that the wolf seemed to quite enjoy his name. "Thankfully I doubt Salin will drag him off out into the wild or to his own kingdom. From what I know Salin still doesn’t see eye to eye with a great deal of his family and while his younger brother is king… well Salin doesn’t enjoy his home." Of course that's what happens when the people you trust send someone to disembowel you because of your blood line then when you live through the maiming they mark you as unclean and not even your own family can look you in the eyes.

"I think they will most likely stay here just be ready for your hound master to change a bit… and lots of little ones of his running around causing a muck up." Leanna chuckled at the memories she had, having known Salin for so long and seen some of it as well as having heard stories she just knew it wouldn’t be long.

Shavit found himself being picked up and dropped to the side again, eyes a bit wide in confusion, his tail just flicked from side to side before he looked up at the other and finally nodded. The other could leave but now Shavit had found something new to play with and so the trouble the other had felt was about to become very real. Shavit calmed himself down and it took him maybe about ten minutes before his resolve crumbled and he was grabbing his bag of little flower and heading of the room. For the rest of the time Verrick was doing his cuties Shavit followed the man around and would sneakily place a petal in the others sight without being seen or heard. He scared one maid on his adventure, having been caught lounging on a rafter, she had questioned him and told him to get down but Shavit had just told her to hush and said he was playing with Verrick, hide and seek or something, he said it took a lot of convincing but he bribed the man.

The woman left him alone after that, simply shaking her head and sighing, apparently that was something believable. By the time Verrick was done with his chores it was late into the night and Shavit was still following him around… all the way to the man quarters where the elf placed a petal on his desk and just laid himself out on a conveniently placed beam, eyes closed, with one hand hanging down. No longer hiding just relaxing, he had quite a few of those petals himself and the sugar high had sent him crashing a while ago.

Darlin was honestly surprised that the other was agreeing to this so easily, it wasn't something to take lightly, but then again Noran wasn't taking this lightly. Darlin was dying and he knew that, he loved him, and he was willing to do all of this even though it would most likely lead to some heart ache later. Darlin smiled a little "We can do it the boring way and just… well I'll just connect us or…" Darlin leaned in and kissed Noran "We can do this the much more fun way. It's not hard, just get to it then somewhere along the line I don’t hold back the connection that has been trying to form… it might cut our activities shorter than usual though it's pretty… intense." Darlin chuckled.

((I am mildly irritated that the word Sun and Son are not pronounced that much differently and so if you were to tell someone one "my sun is gone" they would most likely hear it as Son and only writing it down make a difference...))  

Killer_Kiwi_XD
Captain

Malevolent Inquisitor

13,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Conversationalist 100

knux33
Crew

Shy Carnivore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:42 pm
Killer_Kiwi_XD

((ASDJGKDHSJFGSKSH))

Despite the fire in his working space Harris felt the night's chill down in his old bones as he finished with his night's work, sighing and holding his aged face in one hand a moment. He was not currently wearing the thin, gold ceremonial crown that marked his authority, but he felt its weight all the same. He had known this couldn't last forever ... but never in his wildest imaginings had he ever thought it would come to war. His flesh not nearly as heavy as his heart, Harris rose from his seat and continued to digest all he had learned today. From the elves, and from what knowledge Noran had imparted as well. The dragon woken by an elf prince. Someone trying to assassinate Noran, just so word of the dragon would not spread. The seemingly random slaughter of kingdoms. It all seemed nothing more than wholes-scale madness ...

Harris was more than a little glad for the lack of guards this deep in his personal wing; he felt exhausted after such a long day.There had been a time when he could've gone on a stag hunt, work out in sword fights with the best of his guardsmen, go through a mountain of paperwork, and still have the strength to easily go through the motions of a grand-scale gala. But today had wiped him out, and even now as he plodded like a run-down old ox towards his bedroom he didn't even know if the fire he'd had the servants stoke earlier would be warming anyone besides himself tonight. Not with all this going on. Then he would be left by himself to try to sleep, which in his age was no easy matter. Harris envied his boys in the fire of their lives, able to work hard and sleep hard. While he he was, a king in twilight, that even in a bone-tired night like this he would close his eyes but be unable to quiet his mind for long. Which was one reason he had worked so late: he might as well spend the time he knew he would lie awake being productive for a little while longer instead.

But when the king opened the door it wasn't just the fire that warmed him when he finally looked inside, stepping in and closing the door behind himself. There he was, just like every year. Always the same, always smiling, forever young and golden. Except for his eyes. This time, Sand'ril couldn't hold his gaze and looked away from his wrinkled visage more quickly than had become usual over the past few years, and his removed hood was being strangled in his grasp. Sitting just on the very edge of the bed, not quite fully untensing enough to fully sit down. Sand'ril's first words only served to make the king's stomach drop, and the rest of what the elf said confirm Harris' fears.

The old king walked forward, somehow finding himself only feeling sadness for Sand'ril as the other grabbed his hand. "... I know, Sand'ril," Harris said quietly, gently cupping the elf's cheek with his free hand. "I know." He couldn't hate Sand'ril. At times, when he'd been younger, he'd wanted to. Oh, how he'd wanted to, and wished selfishly that the elf had never walked into his life. But age had made those thoughts show themselves to be nothing more than childish; one could only life with what was, not what they wished they could be.

Harris sat down slowly next to Sand'ril, knees protesting at the bending like rusty hinges before he had his full weight on the bed, looking at the elf dressed in black. "That sick place ... has a dragon, doesn't it. And the things you've done, you've sent your army against not only your own kind, but against great cities of men, as well." Harris felt old, and he sounded tired and sad as he spoke. This madness ... was this a result of their years of only this one week of meeting? Had he driven the elf mad, or was this an older ill only coming to light now that Sand'ril's own 'light' was gone, leaving him alone in the dark?

"... You know this can only come to long and bloody war, Sand'ril. What you've done and what you may continue to do ..." The old lungs inhaled and sighed his sorrow, looking at the elf with sad old gray-blue eyes. "I do not want to have to go against you. But this is a matter a king cannot ignore when it means the safety of his people."

Harris was not scolding with what he said; it was simply fact. He even moved to embrace Sand'ril, as he always did, even with all the other king had done.

((Sad old man is sad))

Kigen frowned with a thin line, then blinked when told kids would be bouncing around. "So Salin is a girl," he said, disappointed it appeared he'd gotten the elf's sex wrong, especially after berating his younger (and less observant brother) on the same subject. Shaking his head, short tail of light-blond hair swinging, Kigen looked at Leanna and changing the subject.

"A mad king, I understand. But why would his people follow him if he'd gone mad? Fear? Loyalty? Or would some prefer to see death and war instead of peace?" Kigen wanted to hear Leanna's insider's perspective on this; the first step to defeating an enemy was understanding them. Even if no madness could ever truly be understood ... why madness was followed could give valuable strategic clues.

Smoothly composing himself (namely de-fuzzing and buttoning his uniform back up) Verrick hurried back to his duties. Though as he made his way all over the castle, making sure all things ran smoothly, he of course noticed his trouble had come along with him, even if he didn't exactly glimpse Shavit as he worked. And of course the steward, went faced with either throwing way the sweet petals or just taking the little 'gifts', ate them. Waste not want not.

But when he was done with the final nightly chores and check-ins and returned to his own sleeping room (which he found an overly-large for his taste, but he was the steward and it was the steward's official quarters) and was for once shocked when he spotted the petal on his desk, and shortly after spotted the dangling arm. With a long sigh Verrick reached up and poked the dangling hand before sitting down at his desk and scratching down a list of what food would need to be bought tomorrow.

"Just so you know. I do not appreciate intrusion into my personal quarters," he stated loud enough for the overhead elf-cat to hear, though Verrick was not surprised to see the other apparently enjoyed high spaces. "Besides, I will be retiring soon. Unless you want to spend the night?" By his tone, it was clear the question was rhetorical, as in 'of course you can't stay the night', still writing.

Noran blinked bemusedly, at first not getting it, then it clicked and he grinned while looking around. "Well. It's not like Zimmen is going to ever use this space anytime soon," he said slowly before smiling and giving Darlin a kiss of his own, adding once their lips parted: "Plus it's a great view." Though the prince only said this absentmindedly, eyes only for Darlin as they got around to 'sealing the deal' that would change both of their eternities to come.

((English is a cuss that way :'D ))  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:28 am
knux33

Sand'ril was always so confused by how kind that the other could be. No matter what he said to the king the human always seemed to be so understanding and so caring. Even in younger years when the man had been largely brash and chaotic with what he wanted to do and say. Sand'ril reveled in the warmth as the other brought him close, the rumbling words relaxing despite their intention, Sand'ril knew all of this but hearing what the other had to say left him nearly breathless. He hated this part, he hated that Harris did this to him, the way the man captivated him and held him so close. Even in old age Harris held onto him so tight and all Sand'ril wanted to do was count the new markings that had come up on the mans face or the grey hairs.

Before their time had been so lust filled, with things neither of them wanted to say, but now they were both sick… Sand'ril could smell it on the other. The sickness of mortality, or death, and it pulled his mind to dark places. He had already lost so many loves, so many he cared for, but never as deep as this and as strong as this. Somewhere in his sickly mind he understood that he had bound himself to Harris but the man not to him but that did not even matter now as he held the older male close and breathed in his waning scent.

"I… I can't stop Harris. It is hardly me anymore." He pulled away with a look so lost it was as if he was losing a battle. "I…I held on with Aerion there to ground me… I held on so tightly that was why he ran back to where things had been so horrible." Sand'ril choked on the words like a child terrified of telling a horrible lie. But it wasn't a lie, it was the truth, everything he said was the truth and maybe that was it. He had been lying to himself for so long that now the truth seemed like a lie. "I can't fault him for it and I know… somewhere inside me that he is alive and well." Sand'ril looked to Harris with sad eyes.

"The dragon won't hurt you if you leave him be… You have no riches he would want over his own… and if what I think is true he will not bother anyone ever again because my son has been the soul receiver of attention. I can feel it somewhere in my chest… he's not just still alive but happy." Sand'ril turned to stare at the wall. "I keep hurting people." He sounded so helplessly broken, his voice wavering, tears starting to stain his cheeks.

"I keep hurting so many and I cannot stop. I fear I will hurt you because… because…" Sand'ril couldn’t say it. He couldn’t tell Harris it was because he was… so pathetic. Because he had so desperately wanted love that he bound himself to him.

Leanna stared at Kigen at his assumption before laughing out loud at the notion of Salin being a woman. It was preposterous considering what she knew about the males past before Gregory. He had actually been a ladies man, never stopped swooning all the girls. Now it was different but when he turned on the charm… She quickly shook her head before deciding to explain her mirth so that Kigen would not take it as an insult. "No, no, Kigen elves do not work the same way as humans. If we wish for children, no matter the gender, it will happen. It is even easier if the other that we pair with is not… mortal." She chuckled before switching quickly away.

"As for your second question I must follow it up with my own. Why would you follow a mad king? Loyalty? Fear? Or… Perhaps it is all you would know?" Leanna stared up at the sky with a small sigh.

"For the people that Sand'ril rules it is hard for them to see he is mad since he has been for so long. They see this only as another level to his madness though I know that he is not truly mad. No one fears HIM we fear FOR him. He was once a good man… the greatest. But elves are not meant to lose so many in their lives. When we pair we are meant for it to be forever but our king lost all who were his loves permanently. There was no fixing it, or other lives, they were just gone and I believe that is what makes him do this. We do not truly wish him dead… we wish him sane. Even Darlin who lost so much."

Shavit stared down at the other with a raised eyebrow and a grin. Of course the other would try to usher him out but the cat was interested and that meant that the bat was stuck. Interested being an understatement as he stared down at the other from his perch and did not move or say a word. He liked looking at this man, at this strange, at the way he tickled that feeling in the back of his head that said "you know him" but of course that wasn't only the reason why. Shavit was waiting… waiting to see the other. He was curious and eager, something telling him that this was what he wanted, but he wasn't going to voice it.

Soon though he realized the other just wanted him gone so he jumped down. "No." was all he could say as he scented along the males neck with a chuckle. "You would think that I would understand this a bit more but something in my chest aches with familiarity at your scent and I need to figure out what it is… why it pulls so painfully, it is so rare to be reminded of anything about my home so excuse me if I grasp onto this and hold tight." Shavit stepped away and nimbly found himself back in the rafters with a sigh. "Indulge it for a while, for a home sick guest… I won't ask anything of you beside conversation and the chance to sate my curiosity…" Shavit wondered if that really was so horrible.  

Killer_Kiwi_XD
Captain

Malevolent Inquisitor

13,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Conversationalist 100

knux33
Crew

Shy Carnivore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:43 pm
Killer_Kiwi_XD

Harris let Sand'ril pull away, though to see the once-proud elf so worn down … so lost and broken wounded the old king inside. The worst part is this was no sudden turn of events; Harris had seen all the signs slowly cracking away at the royal elf over the decades they'd known one another. He'd just been too blindly set on doing his best for his own people he hadn't been able to see it. The old king lifted his arm to gently turn the elf's face back his way and began lightly wiping at the tear tracks even as tears still fell.

“Sand'ril.” Harris steeled himself. He'd heard what drove elves mad; as far as he knew he was only lucky Sand'ril was not dead by now. For so many years he'd kept it so these meetings were secret and kept Sand'ril separate from the more important part of his life: his work as King. But now all that seemed to have create nothing more than unhappiness for the both of them and now even a very real danger not only to his own kingdom but to everyone. So now … Harris looked Sand'ril in the eyes and spoke.

“You can't stop this. But what can I do to stop it? I am old, Sand'ril. My wife is long gone, and my eldest will soon be married and more than able to handle Kingship on his own. If there is time yet for me to be selfish … if you have it in you to forgive me the many years even after I had my sons I allowed this work to swallow my life ...” Harris gently took one of the elf's hand in his own. “If it is not too late. If there is any way I can stop you from this path … please, Sand'ril. Tell me.”

Kigen raised an eyebrow when Leanna began bursting into laughter, not understanding her mirth until the beautiful female elf explained further. The prince was taken aback by this information, but decided to simply be glad he'd guessed rightly and just let it sink in more later.

Listening to her go one to explain why Sand'ril still had loyal followers was easier to take in once he thought about it. For his people the only thing immortal about their rule was blood. The bloodline was everything; even when Kings rose and fell with varying lengths, the bloodline lived on. To have one king for seemingly forever … that was really something. It was truly surprising to hear even Dalrin wouldn't want the man dead; that was far from what Kigen knew. People wanted an eye for an eye, blood for blood. Then again they were not an immortal people; they all knew some day death would come for them anyway. Perhaps that was what made men so bold?

“Huh. To be a King for so long …” Kigen shook his head. “It's a wonder not every elf royal goes mad with such a long stretch of rule. It is no easy job … or so I've seen from watching my father all my life. It's a drain, with or without losses.” The crown prince looked up at the starry sky, steel eyes thoughtful. “How does a chain or royalty work with you immortals anyway? Is it a mutual agreement between heir and King when the elder steps down, or do they wait until an unfortunate death to occur?”

Verrick took the silence following his demands as a good sign … at first. As he dipped his quill in fresh ink to finish up his list and get a few other bits of paperwork sorted the silence continued for too long: there was no noise of movement, no hints of departure. The little stray was clearly not taking his games elsewhere as he should have, and when the elven feline came down to say as much Verrick paused in his writing, the hairs on the back of his neck standing up at the feeling of being sniffed; airflow shifting and puffing in a telling manner.

Leaving the papers where they were (to let the ink dry) Verrick stood with a sigh as Shavit scurried off back up to his 'perch'. Blue eyes turned upwards, staring steadily at the other male, clearly weighing his options for a few moments before replying, arms crossed. “Fine. I will indulge your whims. But if you disturb my rest or overly interrupt my work, and the indulgence will cease immediately. Do you understand?”

Verrick was very serious about his work, and guest or not he would not allow his nightime rest or daytime duties to be compromised. Once that was established the steward went to his wardrobe and began removing his upper clothing layers: namely jacket and shirt. Once those were off and his chest was exposed he went to his rooms door and made doubly-sure the lock was secure and door shut for the night before allowing himself to shift back into his real, foxbat-like form. Verrick didn't worry about the windows, he always had them closed except when he specifically went to enjoy the view. Though as he moved … there was very obvious scarring on his back, especially clear to see when he was furred. Thick lines and puncture wounds; not a lot, but enough to suggest he'd been an item of prey before to a feline … though a feline with more consuming intentions than Shavit's were. Verrick had gotten the scars at a very young age; he'd been told by his parents those scars were one of the many reasons they'd chosen to migrate: they didn't want their progeny to be nothing more than food to the local top-predators of the area. A sort of snack a very young Verrick had almost become. Though now to Verrick the scars were hardly more than markings like the white ones on his face, just another part of his body he hardly saw himself, let alone pondered on.

Then he removed his shoes and pants, putting on a loose black robe to cover most of his form as he went around his room blowing out most of the lamps and candles. Though Verrick could see very well, darkness or light, it was best to remain in the habit of keeping up appearances of being human. Once all the lights except the lamp by his bed were out for the night the Kalang laid himself down on his bed with a sigh, thinking the other would at least leave him be the first night of their agreement.  
Role Playing 1x1

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff