Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Matope
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:43 pm
User Image

"Good morning everyone!" Tipsy cried to the gathered crowd. She had lured them in with promises of a free breakfast and a grand competition, industriously spread by her tribemates. "As you all may have heard, I will be the spokeskin for a new competition during this event! My employers, who may or may not be affiliated with Rise and Co., have declared that fabulous prizes will be available to the two kin that win. In keeping with tradition, this event will have specialized costumes, made by Never Idle, one reflecting the beauty and grace of Matope, The Crane, and the other reminiscent of The Black Dog cycle in the form of The Wolf."

She smiled and waited for the murmurs of approval to die down. "Each participant can only compete for one title. The Crane and The Wolf will each be announced at the end of the event.

"But how do you win such a prize? We have compiled a list of activities you can take on. You can do as many or as little as you like, and gain points to be tallied by myself. Some activities require creativity, or bravery, or even help from others. But the most important qualifier is that you do your best, and give it your all, for the winners will be those deemed most worthy to personify The Crane and The Wolf.

"To hear the lists, or to claim points, come see me and my assistants. Now, good luck!"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:44 pm
RULES:

• You may only enter one kin, so choose wisely and put all your effort into it. This is the ONLY solo large contest, so work well! The crane and wolf prizes can be awarded to any gender.

• Please carefully pay attention to the codes that go with every prompt. You will have to replace USERNAME HERE with your username and KIN NAME HERE with the kin you are entering, every time.
    Example
    (TITLE)
    Patmos of Endtimes: Swiftly Tilting
    Entry: yay I put the thing here!

• Pictures must be either sized for easy viewing, or under a spoiler, and no wider than 1000 pixels.

• Writing prompts must be at least 150 words, and no more than 800, per kin if the prompt requires more than one. Ain't nobody got time to read that much.

• Prompts that include other kin must all be confined to one post, to cut down on clutter, or elsewise be a separate RP thread, and linked to in this main thread.

• Prompts are worth the points they are sectioned in, unless noted to have a modifier. The maximum potential points any one kin can get is 70.

• You can post as many prompts to one post as you like. It is, in fact, encouraged that you only make one post of entries a day, editing when you need. At the end of the day I will gather up points, so please, do not edit additional prompts into yesterday's post!

• At the end of the event, Tipsy will be the final judge of winners. The points may or may not matter. This is also not a popularity contest.

• The Grand Prizes will not be made until the winners are picked, so that Rejam can custom make them. Every participant, however, has the option of claiming a butterfly accessory.

Matope
Captain

Matope
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:46 pm
THE PRIZES:

The prizes for this contest are a customized crane costume for the best crane entrant, and wolf costume for the best wolf entrant.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:47 pm
  • REQUIRED STARTING PROMPT:
    Write a short IC post of why you are the wolf or the crane, to determine which prize you'll be entered for.
    [size=18][color=#black]THIS IS MY CHOICE[/color][/size]
    [b]USERNAME HERE:[/b] KIN NAME HERE
    [b]Entry:[/b]

1 Point Prompts:

• Find or take a picture of your favorite flower and post it, showing off your style.
    [size=18][color=#D0A9F5]A Flower For All[/color][/size]
    [b]Entry:[/b] [img][/img]

• Explain how your personality is exemplified by a species of animal, whether a familiar, pet, or other. (150 words or less, please)
    [size=18][color=#BE81F7]The Animal In Me[/color][/size]

• Rock throwing contest! Roll a d100 once. Participants will all receive 1 point, but the one who throws it farthest by the end of the event wins 5 points.
    [size=18][color=#9A2EFE]I THREW IT ___ STRIDELENGTHS AWAY![/color][/size]

• Everyone loves a good romance, so spill some juicy details, drama, or gossip to get people interested! It's only 1 point, but it's fun to talk about.
    [size=18][color=#8000FF]Did You Hear About...?[/color][/size]

• Comfort an upset child, to prove how, you know, nice you are.
    [size=18][color=#7401DF]Kissing Babies For Publicity Is An Old Game[/color][/size]
    [b]Entry:[/b] [url=]Link[/url]

• Nothing helps get your good name out there like shouting it to the world. Post a mock-up IC promotion on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or any other social media site, without explanation, take a screenshot, and then post it. Extra point if you confuse all your friends and relatives and it shows in the comments.
    [size=18][color=#5F04B4]What Even Is Happening?[/color][/size]

Matope
Captain

Matope
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:48 pm
2 Points Prompts:

• Talk to 5 kin about your plans to improve standards in the swamp, campaigning for their well-being.
    [size=18][color=#A9A9F5]I Have A Dream![/color][/size]

• It's important to be kind to animals. Write a couple paragraphs about you caring for an animal or animals.
    [size=18][color=#8181F7]Aw, Lookit! So Cute![/color][/size]

• Tipsy is super proud of her latest creation. Sample some here and let her know what you think about it. And remember, be honest.
    [size=18][color=#5858FA]Time To Humor The Drunk[/color][/size]
    [b]Entry:[/b] [url=]Link to post[/url]

• Someone from another tribe is hurt. Assist them in any way you can. (You can either use a kin of yours that is in a separate tribe, or make an RP thread with someone else's kin.)
    [size=18][color=#2E2EFE]Medic![/color][/size]

• The passing of information is critical, so hold a class on something you know that other's might not. (Write up a teaching speech.)
    [size=18][color=#0000FF]*AHEM* So I Heard You Were Interested In Mudkips[/color][/size]

• Most people have friends, and if you're in this competition, it's very likely you do. Make an announcement telling everyone who your best friend is and what makes them special to you.
    [size=18][color=#0404B4]YOU ARE MY BFF![/color][/size]

3 Points Prompts:

• Sometimes it's hard to really strut yourself out there and admit the truth. Write a speech about why you want to be The Crane or The Wolf.
    [size=18][color=#81F781]I'm The Best! It's Me![/color][/size]

• Get at least one of your tribe mates to help you gather flower petals for a celebration in your honor. You get 3 points, plus 1 more for each kin you sucker into this over 2! (Maximum of 7 points.)
    [size=18][color=#2EFE2E]CONFETTI! It's A Parade![/color][/size]

• It's time to dance! Show off your skills, and the prowess of your tribe by performing for a crowd with at least two others.
    [size=18][color=#00FF00]Step Up![/color][/size]

• It is important that everyone have clean water to drink. Prove that you are a true leader by finding a new, clean source to drink from. Might take some research (OOC) to really impress Tipsy, but it's worth it.
    [size=18][color=#01DF01]I'd Rather Not Have Dysentery, Thanks[/color][/size]

• Provide for the future! Plant a garden. (Either talk about the various plants your kin would plant and why, or go out and plant something IRL, take a pic, and let us see.)
    [size=18][color=#04B404]Boy, Have I Got Something Growing In My [i]Garden[/i][/color][/size]

• Lets talk about bravery. Describe a time you had to be really brave.
    [size=18][color=#088A08]“Courage is found in unlikely places.” [/color][/size]

Matope
Captain

Matope
Captain

4 Points Prompts:

• Your kin wants to give out gifts to promote themselves. Create this craft IRL and take a picture of it!
    [size=18][color=#F78181]Be Generous In All Things[/color][/size]

• Draw something with a crane or dog theme.
    [size=18][color=#FA5858]Creativity Is The Spice Of Life[/color][/size]

• Compose a song about yourself, or work on one with your buddies. The more egotistical the better. Four or more verses gets you 4 points! (Recording yourself singing it IRL will get you an extra point.)
    [size=18][color=#FE2E2E]“Oh, the cleverness of me!”[/color][/size]

• Tipsy is part of Rise and Co. Impress her with some fancy food! (Make something IRL that you think a kin could reasonably make, take a pic or write the recipe, and post it.)
    [size=18][color=#FF0000]I Hunger![/color][/size]

• Everyone loves a good, thrilling tale. Conveniently, someone needs a message delivered to a tricky part of the swamp. This could be your chance to make a tale with you as the star! You get the points, though, whether you succeed or not.
    [size=18][color=#DF0101]It's Adventure Time![/color][/size]

• The ultimate prizes are the Crane and Wolf outfits. Dress up IRL in something inspired by these themes and get 1-5 points depending on effort.
    [size=18][color=#B40404]I'm In [i]Disguise[/i]![/color][/size]

The Crane List:

The Wolf List:

Matope
Captain

Games and Events

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff