12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:41 pm
THIS IS MY CHOICE
Blinded By Silence: As The Sun Burns
Entry:

Watch stood before the scarlet desert dancer with a calm and warming smile, standing tall in the warm light of the MotherFather's watchful eye. Inhaling the sweet summer air, the story built up inside of his, like a bud preparing to bloom. And when his lips parted, it tumbled out like water over stones.

"When the MotherFather found the world, it was barren and lifeless. Hard stone and dry sand, nothing delightful anywhere to be found. It was a sad place. The MotherFather wept for its lack of beauty, and it was those great tears that shaped the world we inhabit today. Coastlines emerged, rivers spread like a great spider's web all over Matope. Life sprang forth, in the forms of trees and flowers, animals and,of course, her wonderful and unique children.

It has been by the very rivers and lakes she created that I have lived my long and full life. I have walked the grand rivers that act as Matope's very veins and bathed in the salty blackness that is the Great Ocean. In their reflections I have watched myself grow.

We view the MotherFather as a crane for the creature is serene and wise, it is beautiful and loving. While I may not be anywhere near as close as the MotherFather, I do believe that I hold the peace of a still lake, the wisdom of the oldest rivers, and a heart as open as the wide, vast sea. And just as the crane lifts our souls back to the MotherFather's waiting heart, I am here, always waiting, ready to help those in need."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:02 pm
Blinded By Silence

Don't forget to put your username in the right place. :>

EDIT: Thank you! <3

Patmos of Endtimes
Crew

Benevolent Shade

11,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:50 am
THIS IS MY CHOICE
Minsuil: Riptide
Entry:
Riptide felt at home in Westfen, the kind of home that her family had been unable to give. It was like she had put down roots the moment she enterted the tribe home. She wanted so desperatly for for Breakwater to love it too. But her sister was having a hard time adjusting, and Riptide knew that it would be harder now too. There were many more things in the swamp than on the beach. Riptide knew, and she had long ago promised to always guard her sister. She dreamed she might become a hunter, and then the two of them could spend time in the bushes alone. She dreamed that they might be the best hunters, with starry-eyed apprentices and songs in their names. She even dreamed that the Tidewalkers might hear of them. But she was still only a young apprentice, and she spent her days trailing Feverfew who was kind enough to take both sisters in when no one else would. She wanted to prove herself to these new people; wanted to show everyone how strong and reliable she could be.

So Riptide found herself standing before the deep red acha."

"I want to become a wolf. Strong and fierce, but loyal too. I want to protect my family. I would fight for my family, as a wolf would."

theCorniest rolled 1 100-sided dice: 74 Total: 74 (1-100)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:43 am
THIS IS MY CHOICE
Kitty Sprightt: a totoma
Entry:

Late into the month, a strange visitor stepped forth as an entrant to Swiftly Tilting's contest - a colorful totoma with an equally colorful eagle riding on his back. Once he was certain he had Tipsy's attention, he launched into a speech.

"I have heard that you are seeking kin who best represent one of two ideals - peaceful, creative, and loving cranes, after the image of our mother... and powerful, cunning, and brave wolves, after the image of the great Black Dog. I had heard some stories of him in the foothills of my youth - the chapter of the war is widely told even among the totoma, but since I came to the swamp, I have heard countless further tales of his exploits. The true breadth of his courage, wit and strength may be beyond the reach of even totoma, who are naturally gifted in these areas, but it is the ideal to which we aspire," he confided just a little breathlessly, with a fervent gleam in his eye.

"I am a totoma of the Vale," he concluded, "and though I have no name, I stand today to prove myself as worthy of succeeding the wolf."

I THREW IT 74 STRIDELENGTHS AWAY!

The totoma interrupted his acha hostess as she was explaining how he could compete for the coveted title. "A stone toss? I can do that easily. Right now! Which stone, and where shall I throw it?"

As soon as he was pointed in the right direction, he grabbed the stone and let fly. When the distance was measured and announced, he beamed with pride.

Time To Humor The Drunk
Entry: Link to post  

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

Ruriska rolled 1 100-sided dice: 39 Total: 39 (1-100)

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:00 am
THIS IS MY CHOICE
Ruriska: Peep
Entry:
One small Acha near the back waited and listened as her fellow kin stepped forward and announced their affiliation with either the wolf or the crane. It seemed such a lovely idea and she hoped nobody would mind if she took part as well.

She imagined herself back home, dressed up as a crane, feathers fluffed and all her children looking on in amazement. Story-time would be even more delightful.

Peep stepped forward, looking first left and then right and then at Tipsy. "Is it my turn?" She asked, and then took a deep breath. "I won’t say I have grace or beauty like Matope or a crane, but I hope my heart contains just a smidgeon of their nurturing natures. I do my best to help all my children soar."

She blushed and was quiet, knowing her answer was hardly as good as anyone else’s. Even at just a quick glance they all looked so proud and perfect to the role they sought.

"When I see the crane I see happiness and beauty and such gentleness and I think that is wonderful. I want to be able share that with my tribe. So-so thank you for listening."

A Flower For All
Entry:
"Daisies are so lovely and are always in bloom, even in the harshest weather."
User Image

The Animal In Me
Entry:
Peep tilted her head and thought on the question, her words slowly taking form. "One day I saw a mother Foxbun… she was so little and so were her babies… and an Owlcat pounced out of nowhere onto one of her young but instead of running, the Foxbun threw herself at the Owlcat and fought so fiercely to protect her offspring the predator ran away. I hope I could be a little bit like that. I would never let anyone hurt my children either, even though I’m small."

I THREW IT 39 STRIDELENGTHS AWAY!

“I’ll do my best,” Peep announced as she stepped towards the rock. That Totoma had given it such a mighty throw and she was certainly impressed, but she wasn't daunted as she took her turn.

Aw, Lookit! So Cute!
Entry:

"I didn’t mean to step on it!"

"Don’t worry, it will be fine," Peep consoled her big, beautiful clumsy daughter as they both looked down at the writhing snake. It seemed in pain, unsurprising since one huge Totoma hoof had just partly squished it.

The little Acha moved in close, undaunted by the threatening hiss.

"It might bite!" Totoma warned, one hoof lifting to protect her mother but Peep wasn't having any of that. In one swift motion she’d scooped the snake up, someone managing to get it across her shoulders.

"I’ll look after it until it feels better," she declared. The snake, rather than bite, seemed to understand that the Acha meant no harm and coiled itself to better enjoy the heat from her body. They stayed together for three days until the snake slithered off into the night.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:14 am
THIS IS MY CHOICE
Sushi Surfer: Tree Knocking
Entry:
Originally, Tree Knocking had been here to help with the food since she was, after all, a supplier and gatherer. She also enjoyed making her own creations given whatever was in season or abundant. When Tipsy began to talk, all her attention was pulled to the red acha. Then she became excited. She definitely wanted to participate.

Her energy was so high that she pranced in one spot till the other kin in front of her were done with their speeches. Tree immediately sprang forward even as she realized that she wasn't quite sure what to say. She was absolutely sure that she could never compared to the crane. That meant she was more like the wolf.

"I say I am like the wolf. I am fearless, eager to learn and experience, and I have great stamina." All these words were true. "I do not run from things I don't understand but rather run to them. Just like this competition, even if I do not have great knowledge of Black Dog, I am willing to take the risk. I hope I am worthy!"

Sushi Surfer

Bashful Browser

Sushi Surfer rolled 1 100-sided dice: 77 Total: 77 (1-100)

Sushi Surfer

Bashful Browser

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:52 am
I THREW IT 77 STRIDELENGTHS AWAY!
Tree Knocking had a carefree little smile on her face as she watched the others throw the rock as far as they could. When it was free to be thrown, she walked up. "I'll throw next." Completely undaunted by the challenge, she launched the stone into the air. After it was measured, she just did a little wiggle of satisfaction and left it at that.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:45 pm
A Flower For All
Entry:
User Image

Tree Knocking loved the Ginger Flower the best, probably because it was a flower that came from one of her favorite ingredients to use in recipes. Ginger also had healing properties. How could a root that looked so ugly, yet produced so much flavor, sprout such a gorgeous flower that if not appreciated upon spotting, may wilt away before the next chance? It was all very fascinating to her.  

Sushi Surfer

Bashful Browser

Blinded By My Silence rolled 1 100-sided dice: 71 Total: 71 (1-100)

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:29 am
A Flower For All
Entry:
"The Golden Tickseed, not too pleasant of a name, I will admit, but a common sight in the plains where my kin are from. The MotherFather loves us all, no matter where we hail from."
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Animal In Me
Entry: "Ah, that, my friend, is a question I have pondered quite often. At first, I thought some type of water fowl, or fish. But no, I think I'm a bit too clever for that. No, me? I fit most within the ideals of the Otter. I'm a water-born creature who enjoys the salt of sea and the sweet water of rivers. I am social, playful and simply enjoy living. But most of all, I am resourceful, just as the Otter."

I THREW IT 71 STRIDELENGTHS AWAY!
Watch did as his name implies and watched closely as his competitors tossed their stones, some far some not so. He felt his age creep into his bones as his turn arrived, but he did his best not to let it show as he turned and bucked the stone as hard as he could. Turning, he saw it drop and roll with a thud. He gave a nod, impressed in himself.

Aw, Lookit! So Cute!
Entry: "When I was still very young, my heart-father gave me a lesson in the form of a gift. A Cheetah kitten, sired from his partner. I was terribly excited, you see, and promised to clean it and feed it and teach it everything I knew. I did my bet, but responsibility is something learned, and of course, mistakes were made. However, I must have done something correctly, for to this very day, my Sootpaw is the loyalest of creatures."  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:17 pm
The Animal In Me
Entry:
Tree Knocking knew exactly what she was like. Many times she had come across them during her runs. "I am like the eaglehound. Wild and free as they are. There is something about them that will always belong to their unbound nature. I will always be free no matter how I tie myself down because that is just they way I am. They also have such varying personalities, a bit like me, unpredictable."

Aw, Lookit! So Cute!
Entry:
Tree Knocking recalled the time that she had found some baby birds that had somehow lost their mother. "I shouldn't exactly say found as they were very noisy. Baby birds cry and cry and cry, quite loudly. Lucky for them I'm quite good at acquiring fruit and fish. It is part of my job after all." Then she went off on a tandem about being part of Rise and Shine before getting back to her original story.

"Ah yes, the birds. Just so happened their nest had either fallen to the ground or was made on the ground. Good thing there was solid ground for them to be on in the first place. I was happy they had survived and mashed up some fruit for them to eat. For the fish, I had to chew it up before giving in to them. I'm happy to say they all survived and I was able to watch them fly off as healthy birds." The story itself seemed to bring a tear to her eyes as she remembered those days spent caring for them.

Sushi Surfer

Bashful Browser

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:38 pm
Time To Humor The Drunk
Entry: Post