Welcome to Gaia! ::

ToS Friendly Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

ToS friendly Yaoi Rp'ing and other forums. 

Tags: roleplaying, friendly, writing, entertainment, yaoi 

Reply Role Playing 1x1
[S] Something So Unexpected (With Tprinces)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elphys

Questionable Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:19 pm
{ [ Something So Unexpected ] }

[Blank] had just entered his last year of medical school and was about to begin his residency at a well known hospital in Tokyo. Having transferred from a smaller branch of the university, he was all alone in the new city. He was shocked, however when he ran into someone unexpected from his past.

Shiro Yuuske was [Blank]’s first and only high school love, the one that got away, the one he could never muster the courage to confess his feelings to. He had graduated a year ahead of [Blank] and hadn't seen him since then. Yet here he was and he was even more beautiful than he remembered. As they caught up, he found out that Shiro was also a student at the same university, working on his graduate thesis in social anthropology. Was this a coincidence that they had met so many years later? Could he allow himself to let Shiro go a second time?

The two very quickly become close, each finding a certain comfort in the other’s arms. But soon after, Shiro began to skip his lectures, work hours, and even his dates with [Blank], leaving little to no explanation as to why he’s been gone. Worried, [Blank] goes to Shiro’s apartment and finds him unconscious on his kitchen floor.

Later at the hospital, everything comes to a head when Shiro reveals the real reason why he’s been so distant… he’s been diagnosed with a rare terminal illness that has left him in bad health. Together they discuss his illness and treatment and how to handle the inevitable.

{ [ Application ] }

Looking for someone to play [Blank]. Please fill out this application and send it to me via PM with the subject MED SCHOOL. Please include a short writing sample.

Username:
Character Name:
Primary Subject of Study: (Must be concerned with the Medical Field)
A Brief Background:
Personality:
Picture:

{ [ Profiles ] }

Name: Shiro Yuuske
Primary Subject of Study: Social Anthropology
Background: Shiro was always popular in primary school. He was bright and kind and treated everyone with the best of intentions. He had many admirers, but for some reason didn't do much dating in high school. It would have made things a bit awkward had he revealed his true inclinations back then, so instead politely turned down anyone who confessed to him. It was for the best. He graduated with honors and moved straight to Tokyo to attend university for Sociology. He'd always wanted to be of help to people and to become a social worker would be the best way to do that.
Personality: Shiro is very kind, with a gentle demeanor. He tends to be the life of the party, encouraging others to be just as happy as he is. Though, sometimes it's all an act to keep people at a close distance. He is often lonely, but lacks the courage to say anything about it. So he just pretends and lives his life. He has a genuine desire to see everyone succeed and live to their fullest. When confronted about something he doesn't wish to talk about he can become stand offish and defensive.
Picture:
User Image

Username: Tprinces
Character Name: Takama Hiroshi
Primary Subject of Study: Neuroscience
A Brief Background: As a child, Hiroshi's silent nature was worrisome to his parents and teachers. He made few friends in middle school, some of whom followed him into high school. It was in those years that Hiroshi discovered two things about himself: nothing was more fascinating than the human brain, and his first love was male. Generally not being an outspoken person to begin with, Hiroshi had no courage to speak to the one person he had fallen for, let alone the stamina to deal with what that implied. So, he focused instead on his first big discovery, which lead him into a career path of a brain surgeon.
Personality: Having been a shy child, Hiroshi grew into a handsome, quiet demeanor. One that is often mistaken for being "cool." After graduation, Hiroshi had his growth spurt, and what once outed him for being creepy now painted him as a bit of a heart throb. The funniest thing about it all is that he never looks for attention - it just sort of follows him around. At the moment, he's studying to be a neurosurgeon, and is enamored with the functions of the human brain. He sees everything in a calm, calculating manner. Everything has a pattern and a formula. Everything can be explained.
Picture:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:20 pm
The air was cold and dry that day. The kind of air that tickles the back of your throat when you take in a breath, the kind that makes you cough and sniffle your nose. The type of air that makes you want to stay home, wrapped in your favorite blanket, and sleep the day away. However, Tokyo does not sleep and neither could Shiro.

Insomnia and headaches, the doctor had told him, was a very common symptom of stress. That was something Shiro knew much about. This was his final semester of Doctorate study and his thesis was being frustratingly difficult to complete. He had less than six months to finish, polish and defend his paper to the board and for some reason he was having a hard time keeping his train of thought. He was almost there though, so close he could feel the smooth card stock of his Doctorate between his fingers. If he could just focus the last point and make his critical conclusion concise, he was sure that he had his degree in the bag.

After the appointment, Shiro felt as if he could have diagnosed himself for all the man did or didn’t do. The only thing he could’t do was prescribe himself the sleeping pills and migraine medication he’d just had filled at the University drug store.

Pulling the collar of his long, wool coat up and wrapping the two scarves he had around his neck, he set out onto the busy December street. People were rushing here and about, getting ready for Christmas. The sidewalk was strewn with couples window shopping, hoping to find the perfect gift for their loved ones. He pushed the white prescription bag into his coat pocket along with a few caramel candies he bought and began to make his way up the to the nearby coffee shop. He was tired, he needed a pick-me-up.

As he walked, his breath fogged up his black-rimmed glasses, then cleared again. He chuckled to himself, blue-green eyes shining, inwardly amused by it. He smiled, hiding it beneath the scarves. His cheeks were bitten pink from the cold, and the wind rustled through his wavy, blonde hair.

Craving one of his candies, he dipped his hand into his pocket to pull one out but accidentally let it slip out of his hand. It fell onto the snow covered sidewalk.  

Elphys

Questionable Genius

Tprinces

Romantic Genius

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:50 am
That little candy, as it were, sat in the snow as innocent as could be. Frost stuck to its wrapping, almost like an extra layer of sugar. However, as sweet and unsuspecting as the little wrapped treat seemed to be, it in turn played a part in something far more dubious.

When the opportunity arose to pluck the candy from the snow, something very big and very solid slammed right into Shiro, the two of them sent down into the sidewalk sleet.

It had been a terrible morning.

Hiroshi woke up to the screeching of his alarm, realizing all too late that he'd forgotten that there was no class that morning. Trying to make the most of it, he tried to cook a decent breakfast - perhaps work on his thesis for the better part of the morning. Regrettably, men with the makings of brain surgeons did not always know when to turn off the heat, and Hiroshi was forced to sit down to a plate of charred black eggs. After that, he had sat down to work, only to find a stack of messages from his school friend. "Friend" being a loose term. Yoru just liked to cling to Hiroshi for whatever reason, and Hiroshi didn't bother to tell him to get lost.

After sifting through an endless stream of messages, he finally called Yoru, who sounded as though he was in a mid life crisis. This was common for him.

"Please, please, Hiro-kun! I need someone to help me practice!"

"Then I suggest finding a study group."

"Uwaaah! You are heartless! Come on, man! My test is this afternoon! If I fail it-!"

"All right, calm down. I'll be right over."

"Thank you! Thank you so much, Hiro-kun! You're a life saver."

"Ja."

Ending the conversation, Hiroshi dressed and gathered up what materials he needed to help Yoru study. Eventually, he found himself making his way towards the train station, a folder under his arm. But, the day didn't end there-

"Ah-!" Hiroshi barely made the train when he felt the door close on his folder of papers. Neck hot with embarrassment, he managed to pry it loose, only to have the contents float around him like the snow itself. All eyes of the train watched as he quietly gathered up his things. By the time he was off the train, Hiroshi was in a very sour mood indeed.

This won't take long, he promised. himself. Just one study session. Then after that, I'm heading home. He hoisted up his loose scarf, blowing onto it to warm his frozen nose. His dark eyes were tilted downward just at the right moment. For when he turned that corner -

Wham!

And down they went. Hiroshi, head spinning, fell flat over the man who had dropped his caramel sweetie. Blinking his vision back, he stared down at the face below him. A familiar face... Or was he just imagining it?

"Sorry! Are you hurt?" Helping Shiro to his feet, he dusted him off. "I wasn't looking where I was going... My bad."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:43 pm
It really was strange; one moment he was walking steadily forward, stopping briefly to retrieve the candy he’d dropped on the ground, and the next he was on his back. Of all the things that he’d thought might happen today, being tackled to the ground in the middle of a busy sidewalk wasn’t one of them. But far more pressing a matter was the thing pressing down on him from above. Whatever it was, was quite heavy.

Shiro opened his eyes blearily and found himself gazing into the face of something or rather someone quite extraordinary. It seemed as though their eyes locked for just long enough to register some sort of recognition, but then it was broken and the man above him was pushing himself away.

When he was free to move his arms, the blonde righted the glasses sitting crooked on his nose, and took the hand of his offender when it was offered to him. Puling himself up, Shiro fixed his scarves and smiled amiably if not a bit dazedly. “N-No! I’m fine,” he replied quickly, not really looking at the stranger, but to the ground in search of his candy. “Ah. But my candy wasn’t so fortunate,” he added with a soft laugh. “Are you all right? You weren’t hurt were you?”

Finally turning his gaze back up to the man standing before him, his eyes narrowed a little and his head cocked just a bit as he brought a curled finger to his lips. “Do… do I know you?” He asked in a tone that seemed as if he were asking himself more than Hiro.  

Elphys

Questionable Genius

Tprinces

Romantic Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:06 pm
Hiroshi was just finishing up the re-stacking of his papers when the question came. Lifting his eyes back up to the straighter, he felt that familiarity return to him. Perhaps he really did know this person? Unless it was just a coincidence for both parties involved. His thin brow furrowed in thought, creating a dark shadow over his eyes. To the onlooker, Hiroshi looked irritated, or disconnected. This was the biggest annoyance in Hiroshi's life - he never actually looked happy.

"I don't know," he said honestly. He glanced at his watch. "Ah... I'm sorry, I'm running late..." Still, that nagging sensation didn't go away. In Hiroshi's mind, that warranted a inquiry. Everything could be explained. That's when his eyes fell to the card stock in his arm. He read the lettering upside down.

"That's a doctorate application form," he said automatically. "From..." He blinked. "We go to the same school. Kenshi Medical. That's where I've seen you."  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:11 pm
Tprinces

Shiro wasn't really sure what to expect as a reply from the man. After all, they had literally just run into one another and despite seeming to be complete strangers, the more he studied the dark haired man's face, the more familiar he seemed. That and he couldn't help but want to laugh. He could tell the opposite must be deep in thought because the crease between his furrowed brows seemed to grow longer and deeper as he pondered. Now where had he seen that before?

Shiro was staring. He was staring at that man's brow as if it might suddenly spark a memory from deep in his forgotten past. His own thoughts were getting the best of him and he managed to giggle despite his best intentions not to and just as he was given the reply to his question.

"A-Ah... I see," he replied looking a bit disappointed with how perfectly logical it seemed. Looking down at his application, he sighed with a soft shrug.

"Well, I suppose I should let you go. You did say you were running late. It would be rude of me to keep you here any longer." He carefully held out his hand in order to take back his forms and application. Once they were safely filed away in their folder again, Shiro tucked them under his arm.

"Maybe we'll see each other around?" He smiled, cheeks flushed from the cold air. "But hopefully not like this," he added, holding out his hand. When the other reached to take it, Shiro dropped one of his candies into the man's hand. "And try not to furrow your brow so much when you think. You'll get wrinkles." He winked and brushed past the man with a short wave, back on his way.  

Elphys

Questionable Genius

Role Playing 1x1

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces