Welcome to Gaia! ::

Our Village

Back to Guilds

Come home to where Community Spirit grows! 

Tags: games, community, resources, role play, prizes 

Reply Village Commons
The Story Behind Your Username Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Holographic Charizard

Rich Phantom

7,250 Points
  • Novice Dungeon Explorer 50
  • Timid 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:42 pm
Holographic Charizard cards are sparkly, rare, high value, and full of nostalgia. Just like me. rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:01 am
My username comes from my dream world self where she has a unique, but somewhat evil power that is beyond her control. Technology will mess up whenever she is around. Now whether that has something to do with her "magnetic" personality or not, that is difficult to say. On the good side, her other magical gift is shapeshifting. She can become anything she touches.  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

Ochru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:34 am
I am the son of Kai Hiwatari and Dee Bogard. My name is unique enough to not have to use a fake one, but it does have a meaning. It is basically a color and it also means the autumn. A sweet smelling son of a with a hint of evil.

I had two options for career choices. Those were become a farmer or become a beyblader. I chose becoming a farmer because I knew that it would be more rewarding.

My current avatar represents somewhat of a matador, but it does at least look good on me.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:11 am
My username in other places tends to be something involving the word "Echo," such as "Cosmic Echo" (since I really like space), however most of the variations I would've liked were taken and those that weren't felt underwhelming to me.

One day recently I was talking to my friends and I mentioned how I would've liked to have a username containing the Japanese word "Samidare" (Early Summer Rain) but I couldn't think of anything good. Then one of my friends came up with this; I believe it's a Chinese take on the idea and I just really love the way that it looks. ^^  

zaoxiayu

Noob

Clove Boheme

Allied Explorer

8,600 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:01 am
I had recently lost access to my main account, BatChic, created in 2006 and I felt a bit of a loss. (But don't worry -- Dean @ Gaia Support chatted me through the process of changing my password to be able to reenter the Gaia Gates! Thanks to Dean and his patience, BatChic is back!)

But this post is about me -- Clove Boheme -- and the origin of this username. I had watched the film version of RENT again (I love musicals!) and one of the songs is La Vie Boheme -- celebrating the non-commercial Bohemian Life of a true artist. This philosophy is one that I have taken all my life -- "art for arts' sake" -- showing my art in non-commercial galleries, and socializing with other artists, poets, and those of like-mind living La Vie Boheme. (And if you remember the plot of RENT, these artists got locked out of their apartments, much like a BatChic locked out of Gaia without her Password Key.)

Originally I was thinking of Clare Boheme (Clare meaning Clarity) but Clove sounded better to my ear when matched with Boheme -- for the vowel roundness of the long "O". Plus, I have a fondness for herbs and spices, having grown a very satisfying herb garden at an earlier residence location.

Now layer on the idea that Clove Boheme is an extraterrestrial, trying to mix in with other unassuming Gaians, not really understanding that Clove is not a usual first name -- and it all fits!

One more thing that my subconscious did, without my really noticing until later -- BatChic's intials are B. C., while Clove Boheme's are reversed -- C. B. How's that for icing on the cake? *hugs* ❤️  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:28 am
Clove Boheme
I had recently lost access to my main account, BatChic, created in 2006 and I felt a bit of a loss. (But don't worry -- Dean @ Gaia Support chatted me through the process of changing my password to be able to reenter the Gaia Gates! Thanks to Dean and his patience, BatChic is back!)

But this post is about me -- Clove Boheme -- and the origin of this username. I had watched the film version of RENT again (I love musicals!) and one of the songs is La Vie Boheme -- celebrating the non-commercial Bohemian Life of a true artist. This philosophy is one that I have taken all my life -- "art for arts' sake" -- showing my art in non-commercial galleries, and socializing with other artists, poets, and those of like-mind living La Vie Boheme. (And if you remember the plot of RENT, these artists got locked out of their apartments, much like a BatChic locked out of Gaia without her Password Key.)

Originally I was thinking of Clare Boheme (Clare meaning Clarity) but Clove sounded better to my ear when matched with Boheme -- for the vowel roundness of the long "O". Plus, I have a fondness for herbs and spices, having grown a very satisfying herb garden at an earlier residence location.

Now layer on the idea that Clove Boheme is an extraterrestrial, trying to mix in with other unassuming Gaians, not really understanding that Clove is not a usual first name -- and it all fits!

One more thing that my subconscious did, without my really noticing until later -- BatChic's intials are B. C., while Clove Boheme's are reversed -- C. B. How's that for icing on the cake? *hugs* ❤️

Very cool! And I'm glad you got BC back!  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

Clove Boheme

Allied Explorer

8,600 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:32 pm
JoyRose
Clove Boheme

Very cool! And I'm glad you got BC back!

Thank you ❤️ I am as well. Being on Gaia with my OCs is like telling a story with every comment made. *hugs* ❤️👽  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:31 am
white mage ( final fantasy) Rose ( my cat Lily Rose)  

White Mage Rose

Feral Kitten

9,975 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Waffles! 25

Witch of Rokkenjima

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:29 pm
I used to have a Japanese name that I made up for myself when I was a teenager. After some stuff happened in my life, I decided to change it to something else, and went through a few other names before I relatively recently decided that I wanted to change my avatar to be Beatrice from the visual novel When the Seagulls Cry. However, the majority of the usernames on here related to her got taken back in the late 2000s, when the series started, so I had to get creative. I can't really replicate her official outfit using existing items, so instead I'm just trying to come up with outfits that she could plausibly wear. It's fun!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:15 am
My BF (Husband now) had a cat themed username and he came up with FayeKittie for me, been using it ever since 2006 4laugh  

GrimDaeva

Cute Monster

22,675 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Village Commons

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers