Welcome to Gaia! ::

Our Village

Back to Guilds

Come home to where Community Spirit grows! 

Tags: games, community, resources, role play, prizes 

Reply Village Commons
Our Village Suggestion Box Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:55 am
BogardAndy
JoyRose
It's been my experience that five is a good number for a role play, you don't really need more or it gets a little bogged down. I hope Andy and /or Terry can think of a plot twist to introduce to liven things up for us in our role play. 3nodding

Ha ha ha ha! Its like your character's hidden psychic abilities are kicking in here, Joy! I just posted as Vegeta and as Raditz to hopefully help the RP a bit even before reading what I quoted just now.

There was a reason why I copied this:

(I will add a sketch of it as soon as my computer starts behaving. Meaning, I have a professional look at it. Point is, I have a rough sketch on photobucket, but other than this site, facebook, and warcraft, every other site that had been a regular is bugged. Too bad Gaia doesn't have basic art tools you can use along with text.)

Oh right! I remember! Dee had said this in regards to wanting an art based shop for Gaia and that the reason I am quoting it is because this wasn't the first time Dee had thought of the idea that there should be a Gaia Art creation station. Not just for guild banners, but for other things too. The quote in the italics was taken from the RP King of Fighters one liners here in the guild.

It's a great idea, but a resource hog Gaia can't manage. That was one of my pet peeves about the Avatar Builder - that we couldn't just link to our builds the way we could tekteks.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:01 am
JoyRose
BogardAndy
JoyRose
It's been my experience that five is a good number for a role play, you don't really need more or it gets a little bogged down. I hope Andy and /or Terry can think of a plot twist to introduce to liven things up for us in our role play. 3nodding

Ha ha ha ha! Its like your character's hidden psychic abilities are kicking in here, Joy! I just posted as Vegeta and as Raditz to hopefully help the RP a bit even before reading what I quoted just now.

(I will add a sketch of it as soon as my computer starts behaving. Meaning, I have a professional look at it. Point is, I have a rough sketch on photobucket, but other than this site, facebook, and warcraft, every other site that had been a regular is bugged. Too bad Gaia doesn't have basic art tools you can use along with text.)

Oh right! I remember! Dee had said this in regards to wanting an art based shop for Gaia and that the reason I am quoting it is because this wasn't the first time Dee had thought of the idea that there should be a Gaia Art creation station. Not just for guild banners, but for other things too. The quote in the italics was taken from the RP King of Fighters one liners here in the guild.

It's a great idea, but a resource hog Gaia can't manage. That was one of my pet peeves about the Avatar Builder - that we couldn't just link to our builds the way we could tekteks.

So, what your saying is that if Gaia had the knowledge to make it work then it would be one thing that would likely happen especially since tektek works already.  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:32 pm
empress dee
JoyRose
BogardAndy
JoyRose

So, what your saying is that if Gaia had the knowledge to make it work then it would be one thing that would likely happen especially since tektek works already.

Actually no, the opposite. Gaia knows how to do it, but it takes too much server space on top of everything else on Gaia (forums, games, flash spaces, avatars, guilds, etc., etc.) and they just don't have that much server space to support hosting our images, too. *sigh* I would love it if they could though. SO much!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:35 pm
Just putting this back towards the top of the main forum in case we have suggestions to be made to help make our guild better. emotion_hug  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

Esme Marie Cullen

Sparkly Vampire

35,975 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Master Converter 500
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:09 am
I read a post from Joy explaining how to save your avi using a phone. Now I’m trying to find it and send it via pm to myself for reference. Does anyone know where it is?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:36 pm
Esme Marie Cullen
I read a post from Joy explaining how to save your avi using a phone. Now I’m trying to find it and send it via pm to myself for reference. Does anyone know where it is?

Is this the post you are looking for?  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

Lyx

Cat

20,525 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:41 am
Do we have just a "general chat" thread? I think that's why I don't post much, as I'm not much of a single topic participant (that is usually only good for one post, no conversation, really) and tend not to take part in contests.

I really like the resources area, and am glad it's there.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:18 am
Lyx
Do we have just a "general chat" thread? I think that's why I don't post much, as I'm not much of a single topic participant (that is usually only good for one post, no conversation, really) and tend not to take part in contests.

Well, as I look around, we have broad topics like What's Made YOU Smile and Post Random Facts About Yourself but no general chat thread. I'll start one and quote you in it! Thanks for the suggestion. wink  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

Lyx

Cat

20,525 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:37 am
JoyRose
Lyx

Well, as I look around, we have broad topics like What's Made YOU Smile and Post Random Facts About Yourself but no general chat thread. I'll start one and quote you in it! Thanks for the suggestion. wink

Thanks!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:58 pm
a cute or fantasy avatar thread ?  

White Mage Rose

Feral Kitten

9,975 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Waffles! 25

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:01 pm
FloweringSoldierRosey

Fun! Go ahead and start one! biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:04 pm
JoyRose
FloweringSoldierRosey

Fun! Go ahead and start one! biggrin

alrighty i will work on that  

White Mage Rose

Feral Kitten

9,975 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Waffles! 25

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:35 am
Just like what the Newbie guild does, how about advertise stuff either within the guild, like this month's featured thread and we all vote on select threads in any given month.

(Like you pick 5 threads, we vote on our favorite and then the winning thread gets featured.)

It can be what's popular or what you want to get noticed.

There should also be a "staff only" subforum (in case I missed it) and this is where you and your mods will do discussing of certain features in this guild like the thread of the month.

The advertising out of the guild would work the same as in the newbie guild and each month a mini ads flyer can go out for the members. Its one of the threads in the newbie guild that I like because it gives me an opportunity to get more members for my guilds plus it gives me an opportunity to spend my platinum on something worth while.

Gaia should also bring the movie theatre back if they can. You have to pay plantinum to see a show or Gaia cash, whichever they decide, and then we as gaians get to see a movie.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:04 pm
empress dee
Just like what the Newbie guild does, how about advertise stuff either within the guild, like this month's featured thread and we all vote on select threads in any given month.

(Like you pick 5 threads, we vote on our favorite and then the winning thread gets featured.)

There should also be a "staff only" subforum (in case I missed it) and this is where you and your mods will do discussing of certain features in this guild like the thread of the month.

The advertising out of the guild would work the same as in the newbie guild and each month a mini ads flyer can go out for the members. Its one of the threads in the newbie guild that I like because it gives me an opportunity to get more members for my guilds plus it gives me an opportunity to spend my platinum on something worth while.

Gaia should also bring the movie theatre back if they can. You have to pay plantinum to see a show or Gaia cash, whichever they decide, and then we as gaians get to see a movie.

I could absolutely do a Mini-Ads flyer for Our Village! I never thought it would be interesting to folks because we're such a small guild, but advertising our own threads seems like a great idea!

We do have the Village Workshop where we plan newsletters and such. But I like the idea of a thread (maybe even a sticky) in the Village Commons for us to plan and implement that. 3nodding  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:09 pm
JoyRose
empress dee

I could absolutely do a Mini-Ads flyer for Our Village! I never thought it would be interesting to folks because we're such a small guild, but advertising our own threads seems like a great idea!

We do have the Village Workshop where we plan newsletters and such. But I like the idea of a thread (maybe even a sticky) in the Village Commons for us to plan and implement that. 3nodding

I know for one thing that Blizzard wants more RPers for her thread. Now while I won't join because I wouldn't be a good person for it, other people might be able to. And if its say one of the threads of the month, then others would definitely notice and possibly try.

Then those game threads we have... some of those might want to be noticed too.

Plus, besides me, there might be others in the guild who own other guilds who might want to share. I am pretty sure that if some of the guild members took a look at the other guilds, we could share the love.

Blizzard tried my guild and even though it didn't work out, she did provide some much needed activity and for that I am grateful.  
Village Commons

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff