[Battle of the Tribes] Scavenger Hunt Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Matope
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:19 am
Word had spread about a short scavenger hunt, a test of wits of sorts. The interested kin gathered in a small grove that they had been directed too, but there was no one there. Instead, in the middle of the grove was a single tree. Carved into its bark were these words:

Once a day,
search for what
cannot be found.

Before the night
turns to day,
tell me what I am.

Scrawled in the mud at the base of the tree was a single short sentence.
Fill me, and I do not empty.

Quote:
To All Participants: This event is a test of your intellect. There is no "right" answer. Each day, your kin will find a new prompt of sorts in the grove to ponder. At the end of the event, the mystery judges will allot each answer points. Only those who answer all seven prompts will be eligible for the prizes.

In your response for each day, please include your Kin's Name, their Answer, and if you want, you may include a short OOC explanation about why your kin chose to answer the way they did. To enter, simply post your response in this thread.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:45 pm
Kin: Breaking The Ice
Answer: A mind (like filling it with knowledge)  

Sushi Surfer

Bashful Browser

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:01 am
Kin: Sunspot
Answer:

"The ocean!" Sunspot answered loudly, looking pleased with herself. She wasn't really good at riddles but she was giving it a go anyway. "You know because I've never seen the ocean empty... well, I'm never actually seen it at all myself, but I've heard it pretty much stays the same even with lots of rain or kin peeing in it."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:10 am
Kin: Soothe
Answer:
There was no one to address, so Soothe didn't speak, except to nod to the other kin gathered in the grove. Instead she herded a foxbun with her hooves, smiling encouragingly as it kept pace with her. It wasn't likely to stay on its own, of course, because it was alive and mobile, so she stayed there with it, still and careful. When she left at last, she unloaded a bundle of carefully-plucked alfalfa next to it: the filling, for the riddle.

For you could stuff any living creature full of food, and they wouldn't empty: instead, their bodies would convert the food into nutrients, and they'd grow strong.  

thyPOPE
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

Matope
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:20 am
The grove appears to be unchanged since yesterday. If your kin looks around carefully for any differences they may note that one of the bushes seems to be missing a lot of leaves. In the place of the last prompt, is a new one.

All that I catch cannot be touched.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:57 pm
Answer:

"Um," was all Sunspot managed first as she considered the new riddle. "Um," she said again because this one was certainly a bit more complicated for her mind to process.

"Wait! I know, sickness! I think... maybe..."  

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Sushi Surfer

Bashful Browser

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:33 am
Answer: He pondered this one for quite some time. Then his eyes lit up as he thought of an answer. "The sky. It catches all the stars yet we can never touch them."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:13 am
Answer: This one took her longer.

She thought first of all the things that could not be touched: song, light, laughter. How could anything capture that and nothing else? A conch shell held noise, certainly, but it could also capture small creatures inside. Amber that caught light with a golden glint held insects trapped for years. She tripped over the answer entirely by accident: a few of them, actually, dropped by songbirds who'd long since taken flight. She plucked a few of them in her mouth and ambled back over to the grove, leaving the feathers for whatever anonymous judge oversaw the proceedings. Feathers could catch the wind and float away - but because of it, they were too fragile and small and light to hold anything else.

Satisfied, she left the grove again.  

thyPOPE
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

Matope
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:44 am
Today, the grove is once again, unchanged. However today's prompt is not scrawled in mud, but written in leaves that have been held to the ground with stones.

When the wind blows, I sing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:05 pm
Answer: He definitely wasn't quite sure about this one. After looking around, he thought the answer should be more obvious but it just wasn't coming to him. Then he pointed to the trees and plants, "The very swamp sings when the wind blows! All the trees with their leaves, even the water ripples with the wind." Now that he was getting into it, a bit of excitement took hold of him.  

Sushi Surfer

Bashful Browser

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:57 pm
Answer: As the doe pondered her answer, a perfectly on cue wind blew through the area. With a grin she burst into a raucous song.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:01 am
Answer: Soothe plucked a mouthful of tall reeds and grasses, and planted them clumsily in the grove. When the wind blew, they'd whistle a greeting: a song if she'd ever heard one!  

thyPOPE
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

Matope
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:21 pm
As with all the days before, the grove seems unchanged. But someone must be coming in to change the prompts... Today's prompt is scrawled in the mud at the base of the central tree. The i in glimmer was dotted with a singular bright, shiny stone.

I glimmer bright under moonlight alone.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:38 pm
Answer:
Through frowned to himself when he first read it. Something that glimmers? He had something in mind but that something didn't exactly glimmer. However, you could only view it's full glorious beauty in the moonlight. He trotted off to his favorite spot to view them. Then came back with a single stem and a closed flower, the moonflower.  

Sushi Surfer

Bashful Browser

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:45 pm
Answer: "This one is easy," Sunspot said as she licked berry juice off her leg (an unfortunate stock incident), "it's stars."  
Games and Events

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff