Welcome to Gaia! ::

Our Village

Back to Guilds

Come home to where Community Spirit grows! 

Tags: games, community, resources, role play, prizes 

Reply Village Playground (Games)
The Lost & Found Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you good at keeping up with your things?
  I've developed good habits of placing them in the same spot. Yes.
  I don't always put them where they belong, but I always remember where they are. Yes
  I have a friend to help me remember.
  Not at all. I have to spend hours searching for things! D:
  I'm late to this poll because I forgot where my laptop was :C
View Results

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:22 am
Thursday night, I came home late and placed my keys somewhere. Friday morning, I couldn't remember where. I searched everywhere in my room and the house and the driveway (because we use a code to enter the house, not a key), but I couldn't find them. Finally, I invited a friend over out of desperacy because I didn't know what I was doing wrong. I found my previously lost glasses and the script for my play opening this weekend.... and finally, I found my keys in my toolbag that was sitting on my closet shelf. ... I can't fathom the story behind that.

Where's a strange place you've found things you'd thought you lost?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:39 pm
Different...Very.
Thursday night, I came home late and placed my keys somewhere. Friday morning, I couldn't remember where. I searched everywhere in my room and the house and the driveway (because we use a code to enter the house, not a key), but I couldn't find them. Finally, I invited a friend over out of desperacy because I didn't know what I was doing wrong. I found my previously lost glasses and the script for my play opening this weekend.... and finally, I found my keys in my toolbag that was sitting on my closet shelf. ... I can't fathom the story behind that.

Where's a strange place you've found things you'd thought you lost?

My story actually belongs to Waterkin, so I'll quote her and maybe she'll share (come on, Waterkin, you KNOW you want to! It's a great story!)
Waterkin

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

Waterkin

Friendly Genius

4,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Befriended 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:16 am
Which one? The cell phone or the credit card? lol

So, the first time, I had the excuse of having a high fever from strep. I was putting away ice cream and stuff for my throat and I guess my cell happened to be in my hand at the same time, so it ended up in the freezer.
The problem was that I had no memory of doing this (and still don't!) so I went for a week and a half having lost my phone before Dad found it sitting with his breakfast sausage. The funny part was, the color-schemes that had been messed up actually worked better after its time in my freezer!

The second time I have no such excuse for being ill or even distracted. I had bought ice cream for me and Joy using Joy's credit card... and apparently put the card in the freezer with everything else. Now, I noticed it missing later that afternoon and panicked. I searched high and low for that thing before searching my car. I even went inside and checked the freezer just in case! When it didn't turn up, I knew I had to tell Joy that I had lost her credit card. I was all geared up and starting this long speech about how I'd screwed up and I was so sorry when she interrupts me and, cool as a cucumber says, "By the way, I found your copy of my credit card in the freezer."She'd removed the darn thing when she found it, so when I had looked there it was gone!

So that's why we always, in complete seriousness, check the freezer for anything I've lost.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:32 am
Waterkin
Which one? The cell phone or the credit card? lol

So, the first time, I had the excuse of having a high fever from strep. I was putting away ice cream and stuff for my throat and I guess my cell happened to be in my hand at the same time, so it ended up in the freezer.
The problem was that I had no memory of doing this (and still don't!) so I went for a week and a half having lost my phone before Dad found it sitting with his breakfast sausage. The funny part was, the color-schemes that had been messed up actually worked better after its time in my freezer!

The second time I have no such excuse for being ill or even distracted. I had bought ice cream for me and Joy using Joy's credit card... and apparently put the card in the freezer with everything else. Now, I noticed it missing later that afternoon and panicked. I searched high and low for that thing before searching my car. I even went inside and checked the freezer just in case! When it didn't turn up, I knew I had to tell Joy that I had lost her credit card. I was all geared up and starting this long speech about how I'd screwed up and I was so sorry when she interrupts me and, cool as a cucumber says, "By the way, I found your copy of my credit card in the freezer."She'd removed the darn thing when she found it, so when I had looked there it was gone!

So that's why we always, in complete seriousness, check the freezer for anything I've lost.

I actually laughed out loud for that. "sitting with his breakfast sausage" rofl

I used to be known to lose my debit card. I would have half a dozen copies of old debits cards because I would always find them after I'd given up and had the bank issue another one, or as soon as it came in the mail.

One time after I'd given up, my friends and I decided to watch a movie at my place, so I reached for the popcorn on top of my refrigerator. The box felt almost empty, so I took the whole box down and grabbed the last bag-- after discovering my latest debit card was inside the 24-count box. I don't know the story of that one.  

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:06 am
We still laugh at poor Waterkin about the freezer. Don't know what it is about that appliance that just draws her in! rofl

I've found interesting things in our laundry. Usually it's coins from my husband's pockets, but I've also found glasses, pens, pocket tissues, and my kid's jewelry (I guess the freezer isn't her only hiding place). lol  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:23 am
I ransacked my entire room, nitpicked the house, and cleaned out the car.... I went without my phone for three days. Then something fell between my seat and armchair in my car and the phone was there, too. wtf. I'd already cleaned it!  

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:13 am
I'm losing my computer - not because I'm misplacing it, but it's just dying. I may be offline a while getting a new one... wish me luck!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:44 pm
JoyRose
I'm losing my computer - not because I'm misplacing it, but it's just dying. I may be offline a while getting a new one... wish me luck!
emotion_jawdrop Welp! New year, new computer!

I just lost my license that I replaced on 11/18/15... emotion_facepalm  

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:27 pm
Different...Very.
JoyRose
emotion_jawdrop Welp! New year, new computer!

I just lost my license that I replaced on 11/18/15... emotion_facepalm

Oh no! I hope you find your license soon! Preferably before my new computer arrives (I'm hoping for Friday or maybe Saturday).  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:34 pm
I'm pretty good at finding my stuff even though I'm notorious for my piles. xD;; Though I've put my name badge for work in some odd places...it usually ends up being in the drawer it's supposed to be in, but somehow I've missed it the first couple of times I've looked.

Looking in our lost and found at work, it's very odd what people lose and don't come back for. We have so many coats it's not even funny. If I left a coat somewhere I'd be calling every place I'd been looking for it. Coats aren't cheap.

Salathielly

Dapper Mage

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:13 pm
Salathielly
I'm pretty good at finding my stuff even though I'm notorious for my piles. xD;; Though I've put my name badge for work in some odd places...it usually ends up being in the drawer it's supposed to be in, but somehow I've missed it the first couple of times I've looked.

Looking in our lost and found at work, it's very odd what people lose and don't come back for. We have so many coats it's not even funny. If I left a coat somewhere I'd be calling every place I'd been looking for it. Coats aren't cheap.

I believe it. That means that either they're rich, the coats were brought from a thrift store or hand down, or they're too lazy to retrace their steps.... or they died. Of hypothermia.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:02 am
Different...Very.
Salathielly

I believe it. That means that either they're rich, the coats were brought from a thrift store or hand down, or they're too lazy to retrace their steps.... or they died. Of hypothermia.

I'll be sure to share your assessment with my coworkers. lol  

Salathielly

Dapper Mage

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:47 pm
Salathielly

Your avatar is absolutely the BEST use of those eyes I have EVER seen! Kudos!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:42 pm
JoyRose

Thank you. xD I've had too much fun being "trash" today. lol  

Salathielly

Dapper Mage

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:48 pm
Salathielly
JoyRose

Thank you. xD I've had too much fun being "trash" today. lol

I'm going to show my age - I thought you were Oscar. Doesn't he live in a trash can? Of course, your eyes aren't as angry as his are, but then again, they are perfect for his confused face!  
Village Playground (Games)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff