Welcome to Gaia! ::

The missing chapters

Back to Guilds

an Rp guild for stories that are unfinished. 

Tags: Pure_T0rture, love, Roleplay, romance, fantasy 

Reply one on ones
The Hidden Gate Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pure T0rture
Captain

Colorful Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:58 pm
Dantes_river

Would you mind if I hurt you?
Understand that I need to
Wish that I had other choices
than to harm the one I love

What have you done now?!

I know I'd better stop trying
You know that there's no denying
I won't show mercy on you now

xxxxx"True, but it's hard to become his friend if he's gonna be so angry all the time," the blonde huffed as she helped him to his feet. Glancing around for a minute to observe their surroundings, she nodded her agreement and blew her bangs from her face. "Yeah, this isn't the most accessible city we could have fought in. I'd recommend looking around for a weapon of some sort, since we can't use our magic here the room probably left us with the means to defend ourselves," she breathed, trying to be as comforting as possible. "We'll probably run into someone since we'll all be heading towards the same place," she added, hoping to ease things for him.

"Given the location, the room will adjust itself accordingly. We'll be bound to find things that are out of place that were left for us so we could survive in this game. I'm still curious what species is invading this time. I'm hoping it is zombies, but something new wouldn't surprise me with everyone here. The room first tossed vampires at us when we last brought Adra, it could give us a new challenge entirely. But I doubt it will," she murmured, tugging her hair up into a tight ponytail and sighing softly. "What exactly was this place? it's so intricate. Did Veda build this?" she asked softly, hoping that conversation would help distract him from the fact he was away from Sedynn.

"Wrong demon, Fishie; the crow's my brother." Eurynome murmured as he looked at Nitanï from under his hood, white-and-black wings ruffling behind him briefly as he turned for a moment. "The beacon." he breathed, just before a bright white pillar burst into the air with a pulse that rocked through the whole city. It seemed fairly far off from where they were. Hopefully his brothers would be okay on their own.

Adra gave a breath as he pulled himself into seated position, wincing at the sharp pain in his back. "Damn." he hissed, turning as much as he could to try and get a look at what had happened. "that p***k, i'm gonna light his hair on fire," he hissed, oblivious at first to the other in his presence before blinking and looking up. Oh. Well, speak of the devil. "So, you planning on playing or just sitting and watching the game?" he asked, raising an eyebrow at the lazy demon settled in front of him. Smiling at the familiar pulse of air informing everyone of the beacon being lit, he tried to pull himself to his feet only to wince and groan. "yeah. Broken. Shoulda put 'em away." he hissed, pulling himself up while ignoring how his wing lay limp against his back in an unnatural way.

"Jedah, you alright?" Jezebeth murmured, standing over the bat demon as he looked down at him. "You should probably get moving. The beacon was lit, so whatever we're fighting is going to start showing itself soon. Unless you don't actually want to play?" he asked softly while avoiding touching the other with his hands tucked tightly under his sleeves now.

------

Perem grinned brightly at Veda explaining to the angels about his abilities, golden eyes curious and wishing to understand. He'd have to ask him more about it later. Right now though, he could see the way the angels were staring at him. It put him on edge. Especially that extra one, he looked twitchy.

It's not right. Only He should have that power. It shouldn't exist. Monster. We'd be better off without it. Orpheus could feel his eye twitch slightly as the boy showed them his powers, frowning more as he reached for his belted sword only to pause and glance at the little boy when he realized it was gone. "awfully light fingers you've got there," he breathed, raising an eyebrow at the tanned child.

"Awfully dark thoughts you're having," was Perem's response as he set the sword delicately on the table and turned back to the angels.

Swallowing hard at the explanation given, Grace bit her lip a moment as she tried to comprehend and accept what he'd told them. It was bold news, coming from a child, but she needed to continue so they could gain more understanding of these unnatural boys. "So the reason we can't sense you, and why we have trouble focusing in on you. You're doing that on purpose?" she asked softly, licking her lips slightly as more questions formed in her head.

I know, should stop believing
I know, there's no retrieving
It's over now, what have you done?

What have you done now?!

I, I've been waiting for someone like you
But now you are slipping away... oh
Why, why does fate make us suffer?
There's a curse between us, between me and you

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:38 pm
Pure T0rture

The blood that runs within my veins,
The blood that runs within my veins!
keeps me from ever ending up the same.
Ending up the same!

The fire that's pushing me on and on and on,
On and on and on!
to me it's everything and it makes me ******** strong.
Love me or hate me;

"Angry? Hahaha! Oh. You were serious. Nah. He's not always angry. Lym's more like... Annoyed all the time. He doesn't like having to exert himself, but will if he has to. He also hates not having anything to do so he's something of a hypocrite. Truthfully, this is the happiest I've ever seen him. Nitanï would have a less biased opinion since he's a bit older than Lymbo so he knows what he was like before being such a lazy bum, but it just seems like he's happier to me albeit a tad more shy and intimidated by someone," Sedynn chuckled, his hands dusting his shorts off once he was back on his feet. Lazy bum had to make everyone hit the dirt in a less than flattering manner. Oh well. This day would probably be one of the last days Chestra and him could run around in these worn out shorts and tank tops after all. Might as well enjoy it while they could. Hearing all else she said, he nodded slightly before rubbing a little dirt on his hands then clapping them together briefly. "Good luck to your room on restraining this city. Like we were saying before the shuffle, this isn't exactly the same thing y'all have been playing in. If the city deems we're dangerous, we'll have to get Jedah to get Veda to get us out and that won't be pretty. No question about it... The city itself is alive and it doesn't take kindly to certain things... The beacon's lit. We should get started before our oppositional parties have. Look for a weapon enroute. Something's iffy."

Giving a snort, Chestra set his hand perhaps half an inch away from the wall as his eyes flashed ever so briefly. "Good luck to the room... Do feel free to find a weapon yourself. I just hope I don't get in trouble with this place for breaking things on accident," he muttered only to drop his hand back down to his side, the other lifting up a bucket from beside the wall. Was there a water source near them? He didn't recall any wells near where they landed. Odd. "Huh? This place? We're not certain. We've asked Veda about it, but he just smiles his usual timid yet sad smile and continues walking as if he's walked these paths his whole life. Even Jedah acts weird here. Honestly, I think it might be their first home, the one they originally came from before they were moved to the tenth gate. Beacon's up and I found a bucket... A very solid bucket."

Blinking at Eurynome, Nitanï pointed to his left briefly before furrowing his brow. "He was just... I'm serious, laddie. Adra was just standin' right here and you... Well, you weren't even here. I've got bubbles in my head right now," he tried to explain only to shake his head and slap a webbed hand against the side of his face. This was such an evil city, always messing with him. Where was that fountain again? He could just go sulk in that for a while. At hearing about the beacon, he glanced up at it before frowning at his little rain cloud vanishing. "Something's not right here... Let's go-oh... If this game drags on for a while, I might get a little weird from bein' without water... Lym kept me airborne for half a day and it was not purrty. I may or may not have turned into a cannibal up until Jedah kicked me back into the lake."

Glancing at Adramalech pulling himself off the ground, Lymbo gave a heavy sigh. Baby. "What am I, your Brick of Enlightenment? Geez. Get at least half a brain. Ya no puedo más. I did warn you about what was coming. It's your fault if you're too stupid to put two and two together," he muttered while ignoring how deep of a tan his skin had become, a soft purple cutting through it in intricate patterns stemming from a pale blue skull on fire on the side of his neck and the brilliance of his hair, eyes and clothes in contrast to it. All of the kids from their gate were likely showing at least parts of their true forms about now. Nitanï didn't exactly hide his true form entirely; his skin always hinted with the colors of the sea, his eyes a solid black, the webbing between his fingers and toes, and the jagged teeth like saw blades. Chestra was likely showing the dark black behind his bright red eyes and the dark blue squared off pattern lining his own skin whilst Sedynn's skin shifted between dark and light shades like molten lava, his eyes like a burning flame. Jedah's appearance wouldn't differ much either if he'd put his own hat back on, his skin only getting an ash gray tint to it. Dismissing his thoughts, he gave a slight twitch of the hand before dropping down from the top of the fountain onto the ground. With such a quick motion, the wing shifted a few times before seemingly returning to normal. Removing his tank top, exposing an oddly shaped vest-like shirt in the same pale color as his shorts beneath it, he ripped part of it just to wrap it around the crow's back just to brace his wings and tie it off. "I'll have Nitanï fix it correctly later. Sorry if it hurt, but the bones are back in place so he won't have to fight with it having grown stiff in awkward directions. If anyone asks, you bound up your own wings and I just lent you my shirt to do so. I'd rather be called lazy than to have to meet such high standards. It's too bothersome."

"I-I'm fine," Jedah responded quickly as a few bats removed themselves from his chest just to become a hat that made his bangs cover his eyes. Rolling backwards so as to correct himself, the bat demon scratched his arm slightly. He didn't like having ashy colored skin much less others seeing his less dignified appearance. As if recalling the fangs, he quickly set a hand over his mouth just to inwardly sigh at them not having cut open his lip much less sticking out. "I'm good. Really. Let's get going," he repeated from behind his hand just to drop it back down by his side and start quickly down the stairs.

~-~-~-~-~

"That would be correct, Lady Grace. I do so intentionally so as to avoid the drama that comes with me being as I am," Veda responded honestly before suddenly appearing within arms reach of Orpheus. There was no hostility to it, just an eerie calm. Holding up his sword, the odd little jester smiled at him. "Monster, demon, freak, god, hero. Call me what you will. Just remember, Mr. Orpheus, should you draw this, you best be prepared to die. To be more accurate, you'd best be prepared to be devoured completely."

Glancing at Synestra, Gabriel was starting to feel it'd been a mistake to follow these kids, particularly this one. He was starting to look ill from what he could only guess was the realization of just this one boy's abilities. "You said devoured completely... So, you're a cannibal?" he questioned a little hesitantly, part of him not wanting to hear the answer. Synestra's voice barely came out, it was so soft. "Stop it... Stop with the vanishing and appearing elsewhere..."

"My apologies, Mr. Synestra. You're not looking quite yourself. Perhaps you should take a seat for a few moments. And something like that, Mr. Gabriel. It's usually not intentionally done, most of it isn't really intentional, but they all have triggers like that of a reaction. I'm working on controlling those better, but it's not easy. You see, I'm actually quite sensitive to my emotions," the demon hummed, apologetic for the sudden motions he'd been making. Padding backwards on soft footfalls over to Perem's side, Orpheus's sword remaining floating in the air in front of the angel, he gently pat the boy on top of the head. "Now, now. We needn't stoop to their level by acquiring their belongings. Like I said, they won't be able to do much nor get far should they try anything. I won't let them."

I walk alone!
Been called a monster, called a demon, called a freak.
Called a freak!
I'm not an idol, not an angel, not a saint.
I'm not a saint!

I walk alone, I always have, I'm not ashamed.
Not ashamed!
A living nightmare from the cradle to the grave.

Dantes_river
Crew

Headstrong Bookworm

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Pure T0rture
Captain

Colorful Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:00 pm
Dantes_river

What have you done now?!

xxxxx"that was happy? I'd hate to see him when he's pissed then," Desire snorted, pausing briefly to scoop up some rocks from the ground and tuck them into her pocket. If what he said about the room was true, she'd need some form of projectile to start off with. "Off is... a good descriptor...." she breathed, glancing to him. "I'm guessing you've been here before so would you like to start us off?" she asked softly, glancing around warily as a low growling could be heard through the silence. It hadn't yet registered to her that her hair was back to its sterling blonde color, or the marks across most of her skin that resembled scales and gills.

xxxxx"So you lot have been here before then? Where is this place in relation to the gates? It looks like it could be in the human world almost," Serenity breathed, glancing to Chestra's bucket and tilting her head before looking around once more in hopes that there might be something else they could use. "Guess the room thinks we'll need it. This room can be strange, as much as it tries to kill us, it wants us to succeed too," she breathed, fingers trailing across the wall of the nearest building as she glanced to the sky. Something was watching them.

xxxxx"that was me, actually," Eurynome breathed, smiling under his hood. "I just pulled my hood up," He explained, the fabric falling down to reveal that he had the same tattoos on his face as Adra did, although his were solid black instead of aglow with magic. "I look a lot like my little brother when Jez isn't distorting how we look," he breathed, one black-and-white wing stretching out before snapping shut, the teen's head snapping to the side. "I'll try and help you find some water then. I'd rather you didn't go Piranha on my feather butt," he breathed, body tensing at the figure he'd spotted rushing for them. It seemed the game had begun.

xxxxx"Yeah, I know you did. I've got rocks in my head, okay? Or haven't you noticed that it takes both my brothers being around for me to think clearly?" Adra mumbled, wincing at the pain shooting up his back before sighing and looking around. "Right. Thanks. C'mon we'd better start trucking before we get swarmed. This spot is too open." he murmured, his tattoos pulsing briefly before dimming down to an almost unnatural white against his tanned skin. Even with his extra powers sealed off for the moment, he could still feel the heat coming off the approaching masses, and it sent chills up his spine. "I'm kinda hoping it's something new this time. Vampires and Zombies are fun and all, but the same things get really bori-" he was stopped short as a metal creature dashed through an alleyway further up, his eye twitching slightly.

xxxxx"Right. Fine. That's why you're freaking out over your looks." Jezebeth mumbled, crossing his arms and blowing his white hair from his face as he focused on their surroundings, revealing that unlike his brothers he had no whites to his eyes, only a solid red. "I can already feel eyes on us." he frowned, following after the bat demon as he began searching for some form of a weapon. Technology had better be on their side for this battle, or they were toast.

------

xxxxxAs Veda appeared in front of him, the serpentine angel found himself covered in sweat, his eyes narrowing on the child before him as he slowly took his sword back and latched it around his waist. This child was a dangerous one indeed. Yet it seemed he was unable to do anything about it at the moment. Shoulders slumping, he continued to glare at the children in the room.

xxxxxBiting her lip as she thought, Grace glanced over to the boys who were struggling to take this in calmly. Syn was starting to look awfully uncomfortable, even a little sick. "Syn? Are you gonna be okay?" she mumbled, grabbing his hand to gain his attention. The worry on her face was pretty obvious, but she was allowed to be worried. She was the medic, after all. "Do you feel sick?" yes, that clarified things perfectly. This was only because of her job.

xxxxx"Sorry, but my policy has always been do unto others as they do unto me, it's gonna be hard to change that...." the child mumbled, opening the book again to stare at the pictures inside, glancing up briefly at the angels before sighing. It seemed they were going to stay no matter what. "Since our guests seem intent on staying, can you maybe show me how to read a little?" he asked softly, hoping they could continue their conversation from before the interruption. He really did want to learn.

What have you done now?!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:22 pm
Pure T0rture
Bump!

Ending up the same!

On and on and on!
Love me or hate me;

Nodding in response to her questions, the fire demon started off with two slow steps before he took off in a run, the fist three steps leaving a scorch mark with bits of flame along the outer edges. Glancing briefly over at Desiré, he flashed a quick smile at her. "It's believed that if he gets mad enough, or motivated enough in his case, he can set off Coulomb's force; a hypernova if you will. No one's ever had control over gravity before and things get pretty bad the angrier he gets. The older kids claim that if his true form starts peeking through this docile human form he takes on, the air starts getting heavier and fuzzy whilst the wind and air demons claim he's made oxygen just vanish in his anger. Remove oxygen and, I'm assuming you know what it is, you'll get carbon monoxide poisoning... And you may call me an official nerd now," Sedynn responded to her first comment before shrugging at her second comment. "I don't know how to explain it other than saying it's off. The air, the very presence of the area since we reached street-level has an eeriness to it that makes me feel like we need to end this fast. We've been here twice and even when it locked Chestra up in that fricking temple, it wasn't this bad. We didn't come back here after Veda got him out and now..." Shaking his head, his feet finally skidded a few feet with flames shooting out in the direction he'd been going before he caught Desiré in solid black arms and pushed her into an alley just to leapfrog something that hit the ground beside him and continue running through the labyrinth that was the city. "I think it was made out of metal considering I left red handprints on its back when my skin started its volcanic movement again. This is why I don't like running around without my human form."

"A couple of times. I forget what happened, but I started slipping into the not-so-friendly side of me and then things got dark. The next thing I knew, Sedynn was holding me in his arms on the verge of tears. Something locked up my berserker rampage and apparently Veda had to get me out. We haven't been back since then. As for location, I can't say. You'd have to ask Jedah and Veda," the little demon king answered honestly only to shrug and shake his head. He couldn't say for sure after all. Taking a moment to try expanding his senses, he frowned and slapped a hand over his ear while muttering unintelligibly. "It could just be something that remains in the city for whoever lived here to fetch water from the wells. It's really weird that it'd still be this sturdy after the whole city has become ancient. Then again, the buildings and roads haven't worn down any either. The only real sign it's an ancient city is the plant life. Was it like a desert city or something else, I wonder... C'mon. I don't think the city will get mad if I use excessive force against whatever's coming after us. We'll find you something as we go." Shifting his feet briefly, he flashed a grin towards the sky only to start moving on down the pathway with a rather random tune being hummed from him.

Giving a slight huff, the fish demon shook his head slightly. He wasn't going to bother. Instead, Nitanï simply focused on the figure running towards them. "Don't bother. Just keep running for our goal even if I flip. Stopping to get me water will just get us knocked out of the running and that wouldn't be fair to you. Trust me when I say even metal won't protect you from my bite once I do and that could be quite advantageous for us," he breathed out before letting a dark grin creep across his face to expose the jagged teeth behind his lips. "Our guest is in the direction we need to go so let's get gone."

"Don't insult rocks like that. And apparently it takes more than your brothers," Lymbo snorted sluggishly before giving a half-assed half-shrug. Being in open or enclosed spaces didn't bother him, but he supposed the crow was right about needing less openings for enemies. Seeing the metallic creature rushing at them, his eyes narrowed slightly. Reluctantly picking up his feet to start walking down a different path from the creature, the gravity manipulator gave a slight flick of a couple of fingers as his version of a wave. "Mm... If we're here, those aren't the only things we'll have to worry about. Come along, crow. That is, unless you want them to find you." Stepping around a second creature, he made a quick rotation just to set his fingertips against its back and flash a half-smirk at the fiery crow demon as it went flying, knocking the first down and making them skid a distance away.

"I'm not freaking out. I just don't like people seeing this undignified creature behind the abnormally tall preteen," Jedah retorted over his shoulder. Stopping briefly, he seemed to be listening and looking around at the same time for something. Scratching his arm, he shook his head before starting to move again. "That's for more than one reason... Keep moving, slowpoke! I'm gonna leave you behind if you don't pick up the pace! I'll get you a weapon so chill." And with that, he hopped down the remaining stairs just to run off down a side street.

~-~-~-~-~

"Certainly and it's fine. It's just better to go by do unto others as you would have done to you, or better said as treat others as you wish to be treated. No matter what I do, people will freak out so I don't really think it applies to me. Few things actually do... If you all are finished here, I'd suggest you take your leave. It's bothersome to those having you hover over their shoulders. If you're just trying to collect yourselves to continue the questioning, then please, take a seat before someone passes out," Veda purred calmly just before he started looking over the books around the room. Removing it from the shelf, he patted the back of a nearby chair whilst sitting in one himself. "We'll start with the title of this book here."

Flinching slightly at feeling something touch his hand, Synestra muttered a soft apology at realizing it's been Grace. The angel didn't think it was possible, but a kid had officially made him paranoid and gave him a case of motion sickness. Nodding slightly at the questions, he leaned over with a hand on his knee and took a couple of slow, deep breaths. "It's official. He made me sick by the weird jumps-" "I just walked normally." "The sudden shifts in his location. My head's spinning and my stomach is flip-flopping. Even worse is I can't track him so I don't know where he'll be next which is unsettling." "I'll be right here. It's not like I have to get up to do anything to you." "And he's just making it worse..." "And this is the kind version of what I could've done after y'all attacked my brother and his friends."

Gabriel, on the other hand, was thinking things over thoroughly. How was he to respond to a kid telling him he could erase and create things on a whim? Even worse, Orpheus was showing signs of a bit too much hostility toward the boy though it was understandable. The child was a demon after all. Tapping Orpheus, Synestra and Grace on the shoulder, he motioned them a bit further from the boys before pulling a chair over to the area for Synestra. "I believe he's honest about what he's saying, but something tells me he doesn't want to seem as intimidating as that whole erasing and recreating his hat scene was. I honestly think he doesn't want to hurt anyone, but will if he has to. Your thoughts," he questioned softly.

I walk alone!
Called a freak!
I'm not a saint!

Not ashamed!

Dantes_river
Crew

Headstrong Bookworm

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Pure T0rture
Captain

Colorful Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:04 pm
Dantes_river
Yes, autocorrect, Synestra's name actually is Eyestrain, well done. =.=

What have you done now?!

xxxxxFollowing after him with little trouble, the blonde blinked at his explanation. So she wasn't the only one who could deplete a room of oxygen. Rather than dwell on that, though, she gave a sigh and listened to his second statement. "The low growling that I've been hearing isn't helping the eeriness any," she commented,squeaking when he pushed her into an ally and turning her head to look at what had passed them. "... no... it was wearing it. Armor. Most of its flesh was covered from what I could see, but it's hands were visible. It had claws."

"Just be on guard, there's this growling sound and it's got me on edge," she sighed, following after him as her eyes turned black. "Honestly, though, i've got the feeling that the sooner we get to the beacon the better," she breathed,tugging on her ponytail to tighten it. Running along beside him, she began searching for something, anything to fight with. A weapon would be very important.

"Got a feeling you're right. Quick warning while we're fighting, try and avoid my skin. I tend to uh... cause rot." Eurynome drawled as he stretched his hands above his head before bracing himself against the oncoming creature, a grin on his face. "Why not say hello? It'd be rude not to greet the guests, after all," he chuckled, giving an oomph as he was tackled but grabbing the creature nonetheless and flipping it to the ground.

"Right. C'mon, let's get going," the demon prince breathed, pulling himself off the ground completely as he looked around. Giving a sigh, he followed after the gravity manipulator only to pause and light the two metal creatures on fire with something he'd pulled from his pockets. Never could be too sure, after all. Hurrying after the other, he gave a frown. "you ever seen anything like these before?" he asked, readjusting the fabric holding his wing in place. Whatever they were, they weren't human based. Looked like the room had decided they needed a new challenge.

"don't talk so down about yourself, Jedah. You look pretty badass if you ask me," Jezebeth chuckled as he followed after the other, his long legs catching up to the younger demon quickly. "Sorry. I got curious. This is a pretty interesting place," he breathed, tugging a few feathers from his hair with a sigh. Following Jedah down the side street, he grabbed the kid by the back of the shirt and yanked him to the wall with a frown as something ran by them. "did you see that thing? it's mouth was funny. Almost like pincers, but flat against the face" he whispered, wishing he could get to a better vantage point to see these things.

~~~~~

"Beggars can't live by that rule. It's dog eat dog when you don't have a home," the child shrugged as he followed after Veda. He really did want to learn, he was on edge because of the angels still there. Turning when the one kept complaining, he frowned and crossed his arms. "And you guys are supposed to set examples for kids. He complains like a child, that one's too agressive, she's a naive little snot, and you can't even see what's right in front of your eyes," the sandman breathed, tugging his cape off and setting it on the table between them and the angels. It would keep them from getting too close for comfort, after all.

Ignoring the smaller child as he spoke, Grace focused on Synestra and trying to ease his discomfort. "take your mind off him for a bit, Syn. Just uh.... focus on me, okay?" she breathed, rubbing her thumbs in circles over his temples as she ran a bit of her healing power through him. Glancing up at Gabe when he spoke she gave a sigh, a slight pout coming across her face. "It's a tough one. He's a powerful demon, but he doesn't seem malicious, just shy. If we tell the others about him, we'll be forced to do something, which could very well end our lives based on what he said. And then there's still the others we need to take a closer look at. They were able to take down nearly my whole squad, and they're children," she sighed, wings drooping.

"mmm... I'm gonna stay out of this one for now. My head's all messed up too," Orpheus frowned, crossing his arms as he leaned on the table. If he said his opinion, he had a feeling the younger one would snap at him and they'd promised not to fight these two while they were here. He'd at least behave semi appropriately.

What have you done now?!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:08 pm
Pure T0rture
xD Eyestrain. My autocorrect puts Synthesis or Synthesia.

Ending up the same!

On and on and on!
Love me or hate me;

Nodding slightly in response, Sedynn slid out onto a little road with several stalls lining the walls. Picking up two blades from one of the stalls, he held one out to the female. "That's true. And all I paid attention to was how well my bare hands dealt damage to it. Considering I just used this docile version of my true form's body heat, I'm going to say it can handle heat pretty well so I'll have to up my game. Can't do it too much or the city won't be happy," he breathed out just before flipping his blade to where the blade was trailing his arm, turning and started off down the road again. "Something tells me that they're going to piss the city off if we don't. If they do, well, you'll see what we were talking about. Tch. The beacon's not supposed to move, right?"

"I know about it. I thought it was my stomach at first, but it's definitely external growling," Chestra chuckled ever so calmly while continuing onwards. As he started through a four-way, he dropped to his side long enough in his slide to turn and shove himself back off the ground just read a spear went over him and an armored creature hit the dirt face first. He then merely landed on top of it on his hands and feet with a victorious sign directed at the girl. "Got you a weapon. You ever use a spear even?"

Giving a quick 'kay at the warning, the fish demon took the time to crack his neck before glancing around. Ignoring the oomph from Eurynome dealing with their new friend, he tipped his head slightly as a thought crossed his mind. "I think I know where the beacon is," he mumbled while scratching his jawbone. Pushing the thought to the side, he stepped into a doorway nearby and came back out with a trident and a sword. "Can you use a sword, laddie? Ah fish sticks... It's these buggers. We're gonna hafta book it. They're gonna be on us like wet on water now that this one's marked ya."

Yawning, Lymbo glanced off down a side path yet continued on down the road. Pausing to glance behind them for a moment, he nodded slightly before starting up once again. "Yeah... They're a pain in the arse and you're only getting to see them 'cause we're here," was all he added to his nod just to return to being quiet. Explaining these critters was just too much effort for him so he wasn't going to even attempt it. "Stop playing with it before you screw up how it's holding your wing. It's not like I kept up the center of gravity around it once it was bound. Oh. And do avoid their claws. They'll mark ya for the hunt if they get their hands on ya."

Frowning slightly at Jezebeth's opening statements, Jedah was trying to focus on traversing the streets. It was only then that he got tugged back and up against the wall alongside an apology for the other's curiosity. "Don't be a kiss-a** nor get too attached to the place. But yeah. It's not the first time I've seen 'em either. Even worse, this is only a scout. When they actually strike, they strike in hordes. Keep moving," he growled lowly, his shirt shifting slightly before he returned to moving onwards. No time to dwell on things after all. "They'll tag you if they touch you so avoid as much contact with their hands and feet as possible."

~-~-~-~-~

"That's true. And let's not pick on them as they fully absorb everything I said. It's taking them this long just to get a general sense of it after all. Besides, he's completely justified in getting sick over what appears to be sudden movements in which he can actually recall said motions were actually quite normal only his consciousness never picked up on it until I stopped moving. Even worse, his subconscious is incapable of causing reflexive action to it as well. Most do get ill when it actually begins setting in," Veda chuckled while keeping his voice in a pitch just loud enough that Synestra's hand twitched. So he was starting to piece it together. Funny how the true warmonger amongst the angels was picking up on it first. Tapping the cover of the book with his finger, the demon smiled at the younger boy. "You wanted to learn so pay more attention to this than them. It's starting to settle into the one's head of the underlying message I gave them. I want you to try sounding out the title using the words you already know. After a little while, I can teach you to write too. Knowing how to spell will also help with understanding the wide variety of sounds every letter can make. It can also expose the silent letters like that of the silent M in the beginning of the word mnemonic which is actually a type of device that can help you remember things better. Said device could lead to you understanding medical terms and conditions such as pneumococcal pneumonia and how to treat it at the drop of a hat. It can also aid in your understanding other advanced sciences and certain types of magic."

Synestra had merely given a faint nod as he shut his eyes to allow Grace to try settling the waves of nausea tossing around inside him. No. He'd made an error. This wasn't motion sickness, but rather from anxiety. Just the jester alone was making him jittery on the inside. At hearing the boy's words, however, his brow twitched. Stupid brat needed a good boot to the head. When the demonic jester mentioned absorbing what all he said, he began running through all of his words only to start tensing back up, his hand twitching.

Nodding his agreement to Grace, Gabriel sighed inwardly. This was definitely a predicament not in their favor. It didn't help that the one could most likely wipe out their ranks on his own. Add in the others and just what he'd heard of them, these kids were beyond dangerous. Ignoring the insults directed at them, he glanced briefly at Orpheus as if gauging his thoughts through his body language. He had a real response, but he just wasn't stating it. Noting Synestra's painfully slow stiffening, he ran through everything said and done only to start picking up on what the darker angel had; the only way he'd make contact with the other children was over the jester's dead body. "He's not going to let us see the others no matter how we put it. Our little jester friend was making it quite clear the whole time that what you three saw was all we'd ever see of them. For such a shy boy not wishing others harm, he certainly didn't hesitate in threatening to kill us if we try to get any closer to them," he breathed out only for his frown to deepen a bit as the hint of a darker smile tugged at the corner of Veda's lips. How did he manage such kindness, such sincerity, over such a hostile threat as erasing their existence? Scratch that. Demons were born to deceive others. "This stays between us until further notice. We're not going to get much else here so let's be off. The further from this one, the easier it'll be to get Syn to relax. It's not motion sickness, but rather anxiety. With what was just stated, we wouldn't know where he's coming from at whatever point in time and he's not telling us everything."

I walk alone!
Called a freak!
I'm not a saint!

Not ashamed!

Dantes_river
Crew

Headstrong Bookworm

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Pure T0rture
Captain

Colorful Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:17 pm
Dantes_river
Eyestrain is a new one, i'll admit, I can't imagine what it'd do with Iris's full name. xD

also, august is a s**t month for me so far. it's been go go go without much break and i'm starting to turn into a puddle.

I'm also totally picking the book Veda grabbed at random from my favorites shelf.

What have you done now?!

xxxxxTaking the sword from him, she gave it a brief test by striking at the air before nodding and looking around again. "I'm sure they will, but there's only so much we can do. These things are pretty nasty, I’m a little surprised it opted for them though," she mumbled, hooking the sword in place of her usual equipment on her belt. Following after him, she glanced around carefully, eyeing something above her. "They’re on the roofs. We're easy targets from down here. Rat's in a trap, really"

"A sword would be preferable, but I can manage with a spear," the blonde drawled as she took the weapon from him and spun it in her hands. Looking down at the thing he was on top of, she rose an eyebrow at the mask it wore before slowly reaching down to pull it off, the metal creaking and snapping under her fingers before coming off to reveal the beast underneath. "That is something else...." she mumbled, dropping the mask to the ground. These seemed familiar. Like from some dream. Or possibly a horrid nightmare. "I swear I've either seen these before or been told about them..."

"I'm not the greatest with a sword, but I know the basics. I'd be better off with a scythe or a sickle," the feathered demon shrugged, holding out a hand covered with his sleeve so he didn't accidentally touch the fish. Glancing back at the creature he'd tossed, he gave a slight grin at seeing the dark green ooze sliding out of the armor. "We'll want to leave ASAP anyways, that's going to stink to high heavens soon," he snorted, shoving a thumb at the mess

Turning when he was scolded for messing with the makeshift bandage, he gave a frown and stuck out his tongue at the gravity demon before starting to hum a soft tune, his eyes darkening. "How about we keep moving so that when the real fight starts we're a little closer to the beacon? this game is about escaping from hordes of creatures or killing them all," he huffed, spinning a silver feather in his fingers as he kept moving.

"Hordes. Fun. And I can't use illusions here." he snorted, right on the other's heel as he began examining the city once more. "I'm merely trying to get a grasp of my surroundings so I can better defend myself. I can't use my usual tactics so I need to think things through a little further. If avoiding their touch is required, we'll need to find a few weapons sooner rather than later. Especially if there's really going to be hordes of them." he breathed, wings twitching behind him as if he were ready to spring into the air at any moment.

~~~~~
"That took them longer than I thought it would," Perem chuckled, giving a sigh as he held his hand up, the book he'd been looking at when the angels showed up turning to sand before reforming in his hands. "Sounding it out? Okay... uuh.... g-grime b-brut- Grime Brut'hers?" he mumbled, taking a moment to scan the cover. Looked like some sort of fantasy book from what he could tell.

Frowning deeply as it clicked into place that the child had threatened them, Orpheus's hand twitched toward his belt for the smallest moment before looking to Gabriel. What could they do in this situation? What options did they have besides leaving?

"O-Oh...." Grace gasped, covering her mouth as her eyes went wide. Standing slowly, she gave a sigh and looked at the children before shaking her head as her hands started shaking. Even she was beginning to fear those two. Not only was the jester dangerous, but something about the air of the smaller one made her nervous, too. "Gabe, Syn, let's go," she mumbled, grabbing Gabriel's hand tightly in hopes he could stop her shaking. Urgh, now she was the one having a panic attack. she could feel her stomach doing flips all of a sudden.

What have you done now?!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:13 am
Pure T0rture
Who knows. Autocorrect can be funny sometimes.

And same. It's just been a cruddy month. My wrists are giving me issues along with my knees. Hilariously so, I have a giant bruise on one of my knees.

That's fine. It's actually what I wanted you to do; choose a book, any book.

P.S. Female verses only for the song. Personally, I think it fits Desiré... And Runealis' earlier years before he started sinking into despair.

I like the Suicide Squad movie.

Ending up the same!

On and on and on!
Love me or hate me;

Glancing up at the roofs from the corners of his eyes, a dark grin began creeping across the fire demon's face. "Says you. Keep up and stay low, girlie," he snorted before his feet started leaving scorch marks with flames lingering behind again just as his pace picked back up. Keeping his body low to the ground, he simply kept up his pace of staying just ahead of the enemy until he neared a break in the stalls, his sword quickly flipping away from his arm and digging deep into the ground as he made a sharp turn. His hand grabbed the female by the arm and pushed her ahead of him down an alleyway that had covering overhead. "Move, move, move. We're doubling back so take the first left you get to... The beacon wasn't where it started so it's probably on that which means we're chasing a moving beacon. And listen when someone tells you that your game here isn't able to contain this city's weirdness within the confines of its rules. There are... other things that have yet to be activated by either us or them."

Puffing up his cheeks slightly as he rolled off the creature, Chestra dusted his shirt off from where he slid through the dirt. "So picky. At least you can actually wield a weapon. Wrath got so mad at me when I accidentally broke his broadsword. It's disheartening knowing I can't touch anything without breaking it," he grumbled only to lower himself back down to the creature's level. Lightening up in his expression, he pointed at the odd mouth of the entity moving slightly yet never really doing much other than twitching its clawed hands. "Can you put it out of its misery? I think I broke something vital to it when I landed on it. Ew. He spit up something greenish. Is that bug guts? Huh? Seen it before? Meh. They don't really have a large variety of places in which to dwell. They were in stories from the previous Sky Demon King's library according to what Sedynn was saying though so it's possible you've heard of it. Most adults say they're currently extinct, but... We've seen them in a place near this city once before. I like having Sedynn read the books aloud to me. The adults laugh at him for the way he does the voices to make things more interesting."

Setting the weapon carefully in the other's sleeved hand, Nitanï set the trident against his shoulder before glancing at the messy death of the scout creature. "I can see that. And I'm so sorry I ain't that flea bitten bat or I'd give ya my wing... Sorry. That came out a wee bit more hostile than I intended. I'mma be fish fry within the next hour an' you'll be runnin' from both the enemy an' me tryin' to eat ya," he started off calmly before his kinder of words were briefly interrupted by a brief moment laced thick with sarcasm and then a sincere apology. After the apologetic now he'd given the other winged male, he pointed down the road with his trident. "And, laddie, you're marked for the hunt. We definitely have to move fast now. Let's be off then. Sorry for any extra hostile actions or words in the near future as well. It's what water I have drying up that makes me hostile."

Sighing at Adramalech's words, he pointed down at his feet still moving beneath him. "I do believe we're movin'," he muttered only to then shift where he was pointing to the rooftops where several armored creatures were running elsewhere. "Idiots... Someone's been tagged anyways so they'll mostly be ignorin' us. And quit bein' a d**k. You should be glad I put effort into anythin' to help you." Smiling lightly to himself as he noticed something called Desiré to mind, his feet started up a little faster and graceful motions like that of a dance though he was still moving at the pace he had been when walking normally. "You don't own me. I'm not just one of your many toys. You don't own me. Don't say I can't go with other boys. Don't tell me what to do, and don't tell me what to say. Please, when I go out with you, don't put me on display. You don't own me. Don't try to change me in any way. You don't own me. Don't tie me down 'cause I never stay. Don't tell me what to do, and don't tell me what to say. Please, when I go out with you, don't put me on display. I don't tell you what to say. I don't tell you what to do. So just let me be myself, that's all I ask of you. I'm young, and I love to be young. I'm free, and I love to be free. To live my life the way I want, to say and do whatever I please. Hey. Hey. Oh no. Oh no, no. Hey, no, no, no. You don't, you don't, you don't own me." At realizing he'd started singing himself thanks to his thoughts and the crow's own humming, he quickly narrowed his eyes at Adra. "One word and your destiny of playing a part in the end will come to an abrupt halt... The hell was that anyways? The hell came over me? Argh! She's driving me nuts!"

Giving off something that sounded like a snort, Jedah made a quick jump towards the wall on one side of the street before hopping through the window on the opposite side. Tossing out several weapons from where he'd hopped through, the bat demon let out a long breath just to hop back outside of the building. "Take your pick. I wouldn't have moved this far from where we need to go if I didn't have a reason. Whatever you aren't using, toss it back in through the window," he stated rather bluntly as he picked up a naginata and spun it a couple times. Smiling lightly, he held the weapon close before glancing up to the sky. "We're taking to the rooftops when you're done here so be ready to move out. I drop down, you drop down. Stay on my heels and avoid confrontation unless absolutely necessary. You don't need a vantage point if you got my echolocation to go with and I can expand that to where you can pick up the signals too. I also know this city like the back of my hand."

~-~-~-~-~

"Well, they were still in recovery over the hat thing and how it seems like I jump from one spot to another," Veda snickered lightly before Perem started to try sounding out the words on the cover. Tipping his head slightly as the words started up, he waited patiently for the attempt to be conclusive whilst comparing it to Jedah's first attempt at reading. Smiling lightly at the conclusion, he tapped a finger against the table just for a notepad and pen to form up. "Close, but no cigar. Think of all the words you know and how every letter, or group of letters, has more than one sound. An example would be the letter I. I is used in multiple ways such as in him, time, weigh, idiot and so on and so forth. So for the first word here, you have the sound gr in the beginning correct, but this last section follows the pronunciation of him thus we come down to the word grim. As for this second word, brut'hers isn't exactly a word. You've the correct pronunciation of the letter O here though which does start the word as bruh. When it comes to the letters T and H being together, they make a the sound. This last syllable you got right too. It's the er as in her only with an S thus the word brothers. It's what Jedah and I are, and it's precisely a book involving the brothers Grimm," he tried explaining rather simplistically while carefully writing out everything he said so Perem could see how piecing together the words worked by using simple words that he already knew. "And see here, reading, writing and spelling are all interconnected so you'll be able to pick up on it too. After a little while, I'll actually have you practice writing too so you can still work on reading with your own notes on pronunciation when I'm not around. Alright? And did any of that make sense? I'm trying to work on explaining things more easily for others to understand, but I'm afraid it's difficult for me."

Nodding slightly at Grace's words, Gabriel went to help Synestra back up yet only got the darker male to tug his arm away from him and stand on his own. Of course he was still trying to act like he didn't need help. He always did like his independence. Gently giving Grace's hand a squeeze, he gave her a gentle smile seeming to say he wouldn't let any harm come to her. His eyes then shifted to Orpheus and shook his head no. "We're off then. It was... An interesting encounter we've had today," he said loud enough for the demons to hear, a frown creeping into his face when Veda just waved him off with a dismissive gesture. Well that was rude. Then again, he probably noticed Orpheus' movement. The jester just seemed to know everything happening around the room without even looking at them after all.

After Synestra reopened the portal and stepped through, Gabriel gently pulling Grace along with him, Veda frowned while he doodled a little broken heart in the upper corner of the notebook he'd been writing the notes in for Perem. "And so it's begun," he murmured softly to himself. Tapping the pen against the cover of the book, he smiled again at Perem. "It's a book of fairy tales. Some of these stories are actually pretty macabre in their original versions. I'm curious as to whether this book has those instead of the happily ever after' ones."

I walk alone!
Called a freak!
I'm not a saint!

Not ashamed!

Dantes_river
Crew

Headstrong Bookworm

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Pure T0rture
Captain

Colorful Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:10 pm
Dantes_river
shhh I haven't gone to see that yet. >x>

What have you done now?!

xxxxxGiving a low sigh, Desire gave a nod and followed his lead, keeping low as they ran. Blinking when he shoved her forwards, she glanced behind her to stare at him, frowning as he scolded her. "Excuse me for being optimistic." she grumbled, looking ahead just in time to spot a left for them to take. Dashing through, she looked back at him again and frowned. "So what kinds of things are you talking about? I'd like to be prepared in case something happens."

"Actually... that's it's blood. It certainly looks like bug guts, though" the princess drawled, spinning the blade briefly before stabbing the creature through the neck, tugging so its head severed. "They remind me of something Desire described when we were younger. Something she'd seen when we were kids," Serenity breathed, leaning down to pick up the weapon it was holding. "I have a feeling we'll be needing this..." she drawled, pausing to look for the beacon before frowning. "Did it... move?"

"You're no worse than Jess. He and I can get at each other's throats if Adra's not around," he drawled, spinning the sword a few times before nodding and stretching out his legs briefly. "Let's get going. You get too hostile and I'll send you off against the enemy. This should be interesting." he sighed, tying his hair up out of his face before starting off in a dash the way Nitani had pointed, feathers falling from his wings as he moved.

Opening his mouth to say something to the pale haired gravity demon, Adra blinked as he began singing instead. Sighing slightly at the words and how he seemed to react after finishing his song, the crow reached into his coat and pulled out a bag of candy. "Here. They always help me calm down when i'm frustrated, maybe they'll do the same for you." he breathed, hoping the citrus candies would at least ease the tension between the two of them so they could get through this damnable game. This would be so much better if he could use his magic and send a signal to the others. Roast a few creeps. Giving a low grunt, he pulled another item from his pocket, glanced briefly to Lymbo and then shrugged at him before pulling a cigarette from the box and lighting it up. "... don't tell my brothers, okay?" he breathed, smoke billowing out of his mouth like he were some great dragon.

Nodding at his words, Jezebeth leaned down and lifted up a great sword, one of the few that had a holster he could tie to his body, before putting away the rest. "Alright. Let's book it," he breathed, blue eyes glancing around before frowning. Something had happened, he could just feel it.

~~~~~

Listening quietly, Perem stood on the chair so he could look over Veda's shoulder to watch him write. "Okay.... I guess that makes sense....?" he mumbled, particles of sand falling from his hands as he ran them over the leather cover, taking in the gold lettering in once more before staring at the pictures briefly. How gruesome. "Looks like those two girls have a dark taste in stories..." he mumbled, opening the book to a random page. Eyes widening, the child couldn't hide his astonishment as suddenly the room was enveloped by a great forest, the scent of gingerbread wafting lightly in the air. Looking back to the book in his hands, he rose an eyebrow. "H-Handsil and Grottle....? no... Hansel and Gretel," he mumbled, catching himself and correcting his words. What on earth did these girls have in their library?

~~~~~~

Once they were gone, Grace gave a long sigh and pulled her hands from Gabriel's running them through her hair as she began to pace. Something was off about all of this. Not just the little jester, but those other children too. And especially the smallest one. What in His name were they teaching the kids down there? And what would they do now that they couldn't tell anyone. This was going to bother her so much.

"We shouldn't have left it like that...."
Orpheus frowned, wings tucked up behind his back as he watched Grace pace a hole into the field. She was acting the exact opposite of her usual composed self.

What have you done now?!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:00 am
Pure T0rture
I won't spoil it for you then. I'm just letting you know that I liked it.

Ending up the same!

On and on and on!
Love me or hate me;

"That's not being optimistic. That's just being naïve," Sedynn snorted softly before growing perhaps a bit too serious. After allowing her some distance ahead of him, he performed a series of flips just so a set of small flames erupted behind him from the deliberate skidding of his feet on the ground enroute only to continue onwards. There wasn't much put into it so he doubted the city would pay much mind to it. "We don't exactly know what they are other than some kind of guardian to the city. Like I said before, they were able to contain Chestra's berserker strength and all the explosions he set off in the process of his rampage... I couldn't even get a mild case of anger from him to settle down without taking on an injury and yet they remained unscathed... To put it in another way, this city's like a slightly weaker and more incomplete version of Veda. The things that protect this city are as heartless and bloodthirsty as the Lino Doue with the analytical aspects of the Alpha Stigma and precognitive abilities of the Ebula Crypt. You simply don't want to piss it off. If it hadn't been for Jedah and Veda, we'd have never even found Chestra much less get him back. It's one of the main clues as to why we think this was their first home." Narrowing his eyes slightly, his jaw drew taut and black flames started flicking up off of his skin as if agitated. "You're not gonna see these things unless they pause either. One minute you're together and the next... The next someone's missing. If anyone disappears, you're to find Jedah ASAP. Without him and Veda, you're not gonna get them back. We're back on the main market road so let's go straight for now."

Snickering slightly at Serenity's choice of words, Chestra stretched his arms up over his head just to swing them back down to his sides. "You enjoy your collection of weaponry. Like I said, I'll stick to the whole ye olde fisticuffs since I'd do more damage to the weapon that it'd do to anything else," he hummed before turning his attention to the beacon. Starting to laugh softly, he set a hand to his face and the other over his torso to try covering up the darker tones to it. "It's on something that always moves. How hilarious that it's the biggest challenge your game could give other than forcing us to restrain ourselves to such an extent. This is definitely going to be fun." Tipping his head slightly, the demon king scratched behind his ear just to return his hands to his sides. "Odd... Unless she's been near here before... Let us be off then, comrade! We've gotta beat the others to the beacon and I fear Jedah's gonna have the upper hand in this... Well, him or Lymbo." Taking off down the road like a hyperactive little boy, Chestra started up a random hum for no real reason in particular.
Pausing quite some distance from where they'd been attacked, his arm raised up just to catch one of the creatures by the neck and shove him into a nearby wall though it was pretty apparent he was restraining himself. "Mortal kings are ruling castles. Welcome to my world of fun! Liars settle into sockets. Flip the switch and watch them run! Now, who was tagged, Mr. Bug Man? ... Somehow I'm not surprised." After some faint sounds coming from the armored creature when questioned, the little demon king merely nodded slightly before tightening his grip around its neck and allowing its head to pop off. Shaking his hand a bit to get rid of the creature's blood, he turned his attention towards a slightly larger road ahead of the duo and just seemed to be waiting for something.

Giving a soft snort, Nitanï followed after Eurynome with relative ease. "Well, it's gonna take a while before it reaches that level of hostility, but it's gonna start with minor negative remarks such as the oh so obvious sarcastic comment. It's not like ya build the walls of a house before even settin' the foundation," he almost seemed to hum in a bubbly tone as he glanced briefly towards where the beacon had been. "Damn. It's definitely a moving target... Huh? Leavin' them to me if I get too hostile? It'd keep ya safe from my wantin' to eat ya so what the hey. Feel free to do it until the game's over an' I can get into a tub or pool of water should I get that far." This was then followed by a brief shrug though he doubted the other would care much about it. It was then he noticed Chestra up ahead and gave something like a squeak in fish language. "The hell are ya doin' here, laddie? Waitin'?"

"Correct! The horde's comin' to get ya so I figured you could use a little help. It's good that you're not Sedynn. This means I can get rid of some of this pent-up energy though it'll be hard to keep from getting overzealous," he answered with a slightly darker smile before directing his thumb towards Serenity. "Nitanï, get a move on with her. Eury, you're with me. We're going to knock down this horde and catch up in a bit. For some reason, I got this sudden urge to break something and they're searching for you at the moment so this kinda works out for me. Besides that, if I start getting too riled up, I'll need you to bop me on the head before I start losing control and have that sensor of friend-or-foe shut down... Sedynn couldn't get to me fast enough when it came down to the fight with the previous sky demon king and I ended up hurting him. I don't want to hurt anyone I care about again, but I have to get rid of some of this energy or it'll take over too... You don't mind sticking around with me to do that, do you? It's why Sedynn didn't really argue about playing this kind of game. We just weren't expecting our location to be here so I have to be careful about it. It'd be hard showing all the other kings that I am perfectly capable of being a king if I get put to sleep in here again."

Blinking and turning slightly to face Adra and his bag of candy, Lymbo faintly lifted a brow at him. "What is it?" The question was so bluntly asked, it was hard to tell if he was serious. Taking the bag from the crow, he opened it just to pull out one of the citrus candies and stare rather intently at it though his feet never stopped moving even as another creature got snatched down an alleyway away from them. Sniffing it briefly, he narrowed his eyes for a moment just to lick it and wait a second then pop the full thing into his mouth. Glancing back at the crow with his cigarette, he quickly swiped the box as the candy bag began making a small rotation around him and he started examining the box with all of its contents as if it were the first time he'd ever seen it. "What are these even? It doesn't smell like the stuff the earth demons had... Explain." And there were those blunt responses that'd have people questioning how serious he was not to mention whether or not he knew what manners were.

Nodding slightly at Jezebeth, Jedah let a mass of bats separate themselves from his back just to lift the two onto the rooftops then join back up from where they'd come. "Good to see you can follow directions. We're going that way. And I do believe someone was tagged seeing as there's a horde over there going in that direction. That's good for us, bad for them," he stated coolly, his long fingers pointing out what all he was telling the other from what he was picking up with his echolocation. Being a bat demon could be a good thing sometimes, but other times it could be a curse. "Let's move. This needs to end before something bad happens in here." That said, he took off across the rooftops with ease, his long legs making his strides rather long and his path avoiding what one could assume followed a main road through the city.

~~~~~

"I'm sorry if that was confusing. You seem a little unsure about understanding what I was saying," Veda apologized again, his smile reflecting just how sorry he was for being such a complicated guy. At seeing where the boy opened the book up to, he nodded his agreement at how the girls had some morbid taste. This book appeared to contain the original tales. Smiling at how the room changed into a dark forest, he closed the notebook and clapped a hand against the cover as if proud. "Correct! This is the story of the siblings Hansel and Gretel. See? I knew you were a bright young man. You'll probably have a dictionary of words in various languages in that head of yours in no time. Now that you've got the name of the story, let's continue onwards."

~~~~~~

Having sat down some distance away from the others, Synestra began spinning and flipping a butterfly knife as was usual for him. Gabriel simply sighed heavily and glanced at Orpheus when he spoke up. "And what exactly would you suggest we do, Orpheus? The one alone has His gifts. We can't fight against that. Then there was mention of one that could manipulate gravitational pulls. How does one fight against the universe? He created the universe with a word and now there's a little demon kid running around that defies the rules He put in place for it. Syn was brought to his knees by him and he highly doubts he was trying," Gabriel started up only to glance at Synestra since the sounds from the knife stopped. He was definitely not in the greatest of moods.

"And, hypothetically speaking, we would have a better chance at facing the bat alone what with his full coverage of defense than fighting the crows together much less the girls. Based on what I saw of him, I'd say he's likely related to Femto, the Wings of Darkness, and his rumored lover, Slan. The fish is related to Nadir, the Ruler of the Deep, and I took that megalodon out years ago. He's more advanced than his father, albeit more like a piranha in size compared to him if anything. I doubt most of them even know who their parents were since there's hints of them never having any guidance and I'm a hundred percent positive those three have been dead for years. Everything they do is done on a whim which is hypocritical of the underlying tactical forecasts that were put into play," Synestra interrupted, his gaze cold as his eyes remained focused on something in the grass in front of him. Flipping the knife open and closed again, his eyes narrowed slightly. "The one that kept his eyes closed most of the time does it for a reason and he's completely aware of what's happening around him. He likely acts aloof and peaceful, but he's likely one of the most hostile. A berserker perhaps considering his inability to sense pain and how easily he nearly broke the bat's wing-scythe to try convincing you to lay down your weapon. That leaves us with the fire demon with the entirely abnormal black-turned-blue flames plus not knowing what the desert boy can do." Sighing heavily, he pinched the bridge of his nose with his eyes closed tightly. "You don't get it, Orpheus. As much as I'd like to say they're just kids wanting to play and are oblivious to the war between us and them, they're too smart and too dangerous. Even with my warmongering mannerisms, as everyone so lovingly calls it, I can't track them for the life of me much less kill them as is. The freaky-deaky jester with His ability left us that portal so he could give his warning and it's the only one he intends to give. So let's think it through: the four of us versus twelve kids that probably equal up to about twelve armies of S ranked demons without the jester just erasing us entirely from existence. What's our chances of coming out alive much less killing at least one of them?"

"A little harsh with your word choice, but a point well made. And neither Grace nor myself believe you're a warmonger. Either way, there's too many unknown variables and even if we wanted to talk things out with them, the jester won't let us. And you're sure they're specifically related to those beasts," Gabriel sighed only to frown and scratch the back of his head when Synestra made a very sarcastic motion of his hand resembling enthusiasm with a muttered, "not a doubt in my mind." Great. He was in his own dark place after this little meeting with only a sixth of the demonic kids and Grace was now pacing around as if that would help any. No matter how they looked at it, there was no winning in this situation. "Grace, I know it's troubling, but we don't have many choices. It irks me that we have to leave it at that, but we were outnumbered and overpowered based on Synestra's report and what I saw those two do. If the others are like what's reported, not that I doubt Syn's perception during combative situations, we're fortunate that you guys are still in one piece. This will have to be a fight for another day. We're going to need to figure out how to counter what we do know about them. Consider this as a minor setback to prepare for a much larger fight in the future."

I walk alone!
Called a freak!
I'm not a saint!

Not ashamed!

Dantes_river
Crew

Headstrong Bookworm

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Pure T0rture
Captain

Colorful Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:36 pm
Dantes_river

What have you done now?!

xxxxx"That's... impressive actually... I wonder how the city manages to keep that running. Is it magical like one of Veda's formulas or do you think someone programmed everything?" Desire murmured softly, tugging her hair up into a tight ponytail before pausing to sniff slightly. "... you don't burn yourself usually, do you? 'Cause I'm smelling charred flesh, not sure if it's coming from you, but it's definitely not the guys you burned," she mumbled, glancing at him for a moment before looking around for some sign of the others.

"that's fine... just remember not to touch my skin, chestra" Eurynome mumbled, tugging his hood back up while avoiding Serenity's confused gaze. She didn't need to know, and honestly neither did the rest of them. "I'll do my best to keep you in check, but you might want to watch me too, I can get like my mom if i'm not careful" he muttered, chewing on his cheek slightly.

"Hey, there, fishie~! Since there's no arguing with Chestra once he's made up his mind, which way do you want to start going?" the red eyed demoness murmured, spinning her spear in one hand before glancing around for a second. Where had the beacon gotten to now? "mmmmm.... this is going to be the toughest game we've played in a while" she mumbled, eyes narrowing on the horde of oncoming critters.

"The first one is a grapefruit candy, it might be slightly sour. And those," the prince mumbled, pausing to pull his cigarettes away from the gravity demon so he could pull one out for him to see. "Those are cigarettes, some of the servants had them and gave them to me, they're pretty good. Trouble is, they get addicting after a while. My brothers don't approve of smoking them, because they think it'll get me sick, but with all the markings on my body i'm pretty much impervious. Even if I die, I'll just be born again." he shrugged, holding one out to the teen. "Go on and try it if you want, I don't mind," he shrugged, a pillar of smoke coming out of his mouth as he spoke.

Following after Jedah, Jezebeth gave a low sigh as he glanced towards where the mass of creatures was going. "If we can reach the beacon, the game will end, and we'll get a few prizes. Something the room thinks we'll enjoy. Adra usually gets candy, but sometimes there's weapons or books it gives up. It varies," he mumbled, illusions forming between buildings so he didn't have to risk jumping anywhere.

~~~~~~

"No, you were fine, I'm just easy to distract," Perem shrugged, looking around the forest scene for a moment before sighing softly as he hefted the book up and began reading again. "Near a gree-great f-forest," He mumbled, starting slowly before smiling as he began reading out loud, jumping slightly when he saw figures moving about around him with each word he spoke. The child frowned deeply at the dark figures the book gave him to represent the people, sand and dust swirling about from all over to bring shape and color to the beings that had been just shadows before, as he continued reading. The mother in this story reminded him of his own, and how she'd left him on the doorstep in a town infested with angels.

~~~~~

"at least nine of the twelve came from greater demons. The three boys you fought with were obviously children of Yas the Crow King, I'm not sure about the ladies of the group, nor the baby," Orpheus breathed, a frown settled on his face. "I don't like leaving things like this," he grunted, green eyes narrowed on his foot. Gabriel was right, though, they didn't stand a chance against kids this powerful. Even without the jester there to protect them, the other kids could probably stomp them out with ease. Especially if the small one was trained properly.

"I can't help it. There's things they did and said that bothered me. And I don't know if those boys were Yas's sons. They looked too different. The one who kept using fire magic was obviously the child of Seraphine, but the other two had weapons belonging to Adaliah and Razi, which makes me think they're the kids of those demonesses. What I can't get out of my head is the familiarity of the girls in their group, I've never met them before, but there was something....." Grace mumbled, as she looked up from the ground, her shoulders drooping slightly as she thought for a moment. Something about those two girls had been familiar though, their energy, the way they held themselves. Pacing again, the woman paused dead in her tracks, looking up at Gabriel with wide eyes. "Oh..." the word was quiet, and heavy on her lips, but the realization made her heart ache.

What have you done now?!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:04 am
Pure T0rture

Ending up the same!

On and on and on!
Love me or hate me;

Picking up his pace a bit, the fire demon took a moment to consider how to answer her question. "Personally, I believe it's magic-based, an ancient type no longer used much less taught anymore, and the architecture of the city is what keeps the flow of magic constant. That's also why I believe the city itself is, in a sense, alive: it's a never ending conduit of energy and it was built to protect something. Unfortunately, I have no conclusive evidence to support my hypotheses and, as stated before, our lovely little bat twins keep hush hush on the whole topic of the city," Sedynn finally breathed out in response as his own gaze began shifting around warily. Not seeing much yet getting a whiff of burnt flesh as well, he shook his head in answer. "So long as it isn't our guys, and I highly doubt it is, we shouldn't worry too much about it. And if something heavily doused in flames shows up, I'll take care of it as you keep going." Giving a slight shrug, he continued onwards down the road with his obviously well controlled breathing to keep from getting winded. All of Chestra's constantly building energy had been a good thing for them. No doubt about it.

Sighing heavily, the fish demon directed his trident down a pathway off to the side as if pointing the female down the road they'd take. "Eurynome, one of you needs to remain completely focused 'cause if you both go nuts, you'll both get snatched by the guardians and we'll have to get Jedah and Veda to get you two back. The fact that this is a game means jack squat to this city. Your abilities and pestilence are null and void to these things so never consider yourself safe here. We almost lost Chestra to this city once and it took well over a week for him to regain consciousness. Keep this warning in mind," Nitanï stated rather coolly, his accent seemingly vanished into thin air. Starting off down the path in a far more serious manner, he set his trident against his shoulder only to glance over his shoulder at Serenity. "And I'll give you the same warning I gave him: the longer I'm away from water, the pissier and more hostile I'll get until words are simply lost on me. If I try to bite you even once, run. I won't care if you're friend, foe or even family. Milanï would've vouched for that if she were still around, but you're going to have to take my word for it. In a way, you can consider it a good thing seeing as these critters' armor won't protect them, but always remain ahead of me if I do hit my predatory instincts."

Opening his brilliant red eyes just as a wave of malevolence began pouring off of him, Chestra lowered himself into a crouch. "I can't promise anything, Eury. The most I can say is I'll try and I apologize if you start feeling unwell," he seemed to purr in a low sort of growl. At hearing the fish demon leaving with Serenity, he started up a faint bounce from shifting his weight back and forth between his feet until the horde got to a certain point. It was when they reached said place that he simply vanished from where he'd been at, the spot where his back foot had been having left a rather large divot of cracked ground that was already seeming to mend itself. Having reappeared after a large portion of the creatures hit the ground and buildings, the ones nearest to him still standing seeming to try grasping what had happened with chittering sounds, Chestra set a hand on his shoulder and rotated it clockwise a couple times. Just as another creature reached for him with its clawed hands, he was already several feet off the ground and dropping back down on its head. As soon as he dropped the armored entity by landing on its back, he began smashing its head into the ground. Each whack appeared to excite him a little more than the previous one... Until something appeared to register in his head and he wound up smacking the side of his head a couple of times with a scowl. "Hush, you! You're irritating me."

Listening to the crow, the gravity defying demon remained silent as he seemed to be trying to fully absorb it all. At being offered a cigarette, Lymbo hesitantly accepted it yet only took the time to sniff it as he'd done the candy a moment earlier. It definitely didn't smell like the things the Earth demon kids used to smoke. Such a weird crow... "Definitely not the stuff the older kids had at all. And where exactly do you get this candy from? Your servants as well," he questioned with the faintest hint of sarcasm near the end. Whilst the candy wasn't the greatest not the worst of flavors, the cigarettes the greatest of smells, he wasn't going to be wasteful. He'd already invested too much energy to do that now. "It tastes like the stuff Chestra used to get from the girls and liked to try sharing even when you said no..."

Glancing at Jezebeth as he started speaking of rewards at the end of the game, he raised a brow. "Something we'd enjoy? Sounds good for you guys. My joys are... Complicated. You might even go so far as to say nigh near impossible," the bat demon started off in an echo only to become a mutter as his gaze returned to what lay ahead of him. Rolling his eyes slightly after shoving darker thoughts to the back of his mind, he glanced back at Adramalech's brother. "You are really pretty lazy, aren't you? Besides Lym just snatching himself to a different area, you're just making bridges over gaps you can just as easily jump. It's kinda pathetic."

~~~~~~

Smiling lightly at the boys words, Veda merely nodded and allowed him to continue reading aloud though he jotted down notes on words he'd been almost uncertain about in his notepad meant specifically for learning to read. Perem mostly seemed to be grasping the concept of how to read words by himself just by the few small tips he'd explained to him so the demonic jester figured it'd likely come down to the much larger words -an example being xenophobia or hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia- and the silent letters for him to need real help again. Besides, having someone read to him nowadays made him feel like he was back to being a little kid only more normal.

~~~~~

Making a sound like a buzzer in a game show to say something was wrong, Synestra crossed his arms over his chest. "Incorrect. The gravity one is probably the descendant of two lesser demons, most likely the lowest of the low. Whereas the first eleven stand out in some manner, whether it be genetics and/or aura exposing their ancestry or just something being oddly familiar them, he didn't really stand out too much other than the fact that he has the power to defy the laws of gravity. And yes, there's something about the littlest one that seems familiar to me somehow though I can't put my finger on it. Either way, if he came from low class ancestry, however, he made his ancestors proud by making such a large jump to the higher classes," the dark angel quipped, his deep blackish-blue eyes glancing briefly at Gabriel and Grace. Why was he now dreading saying anything to her? Was it merely anxiety or what that jester said? And look at her, all fair and bright next to Gabriel who was equally as fair and bright. Crap! He was getting back into his negative thoughts. Starting to play with his knife again, his eyes narrowed slightly. Should've just kept his big, warmongering mouth shut. Should've just ignored it like he did most else not pertaining to battle strategies or weaponry. Synestra was born this dark, and quite possibly this hostile, for a reason. There had to be a reason he was this way and why most were unable to so much as muster up the courage to approach him as if he were Lucifer himself. Dropping his voice down several octaves, he muttered, "Unlike the other eleven, the gravitational manipulator neither seems familiar in any way nor resembles any middle-to-upper class demons known. If there'd been demons of his caliber much less his skill set, from a tactical standpoint, we certainly would've faced them by now as it'd have been to their advantage. We don't really have a countermeasure for the laws of gravity after all. He stands out to me by not standing out like the others. Even worse, he acted like he was in charge by giving out the orders - restrained them really - albeit unhappily. We don't have to like leaving things like this, Orpheus. We just have to accept it for now."
Snapping his knife shut, Synestra stood back up and stretched his wings out behind him. "I'm heading out. I just remembered something I needed to do. We're not going to get anywhere complaining about a bunch of kids overpowering us anyways. Just up your training sessions and get stronger. They're still developing after all and they'll likely teach the sand brat things they know and how to get stronger at his own unique skill sets. That's really all we can do at the moment." Leaving it at that, his wings started up a quick beat only for him to leap up into the air, the fluttering becoming powerful strokes to catch onto air currents better, and take off into the sky.

Gabriel gave a heavy sigh though he was taking mental notes from the other three. The clicking and whirring of Synestra's knife wasn't helping, but this was bothering him. Glancing briefly at the dark angel, his brow furrowed slightly. Had he just shot him a glare? No. It had to be his imagination due to stress. At catching Grace's words, he paused and turned his gaze back towards her. "The buzzer sound was a little unnecessary there, not to mention the tone used there," he sighed lightly at how quickly Syn shut ideas and opinions down with details others had missed. It was probably a good thing he was an ally and not an enemy with the way his mind worked. As unfriendly as he seemed, his low tolerance for what he called stupidity not helping any, it was really just his defense mechanism seeing as he wasn't like the other angels: the outsider from within and the proverbial black sheep. And then came the sound of wings flapping. Turning back towards Synestra, he was about to object to his suddenly vague departure when he was already up in the sky. Sighing heavily once more, he pinched the bridge of his nose and shook his head. "Well that was nice of him. Trying to make a game plan and he takes off. Grace, speak your mind on this oh of yours please."

I walk alone!
Called a freak!
I'm not a saint!

Not ashamed!

Dantes_river
Crew

Headstrong Bookworm

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Pure T0rture
Captain

Colorful Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:35 pm
Dantes_river

What have you done now?!

xxxxxNodding at his words about both the magic running the city, Desire gave a low sigh and continued running beside Sedynn, her blue eyes turning serious for once as she thought about the amount of power needed to run a place like this. “Sedynn? The people that get taken, what happens to them if there’s no one around to free them?” she mumbled slowly, eyes scanning the area for a minute before she gave a hum. “Looks like all the enemies are headed in one direction. Your choice, do we go help whoever pissed them off, or do we head towards the beacon to end this game?” she asked, spinning around as she continued moving so she could find the ever-moving beacon once more. It looked like it was looping back around, but she couldn’t be sure.

xxxxxNodding at the fish’s words, the pale haired demon pulled his hands out of his pockets to wave at him. “Nitanï, watch the little princess, okay? She can be a handful,” he chimed, mouth twitching into the faintest traces of a smirk when Serenity flipped him off before heading off after Chestra. Frowning at seeing the demon king smacking himself on the head, he tugged his sleeves back down over his hands before placing one on the king’s shoulder. “Chestra, if you need a moment, let me handle these guys,” he breathed, eyes flicking back to the creatures rushing towards them before sighing heavily as he let his wings unfold, the hood falling down as he swung at the oncoming horde, a wave of energy pulsing off his weapon. As the horde met Eurynome’s attack, any who were hit by it fell near instantly, rust and rot turning the first few lines of the attackers to mush under the other’s feet.

xxxxxGrabbing Nitanï by the hand, Serenity gave a frown and looked him over for a second before shoving a hand in the pocket of her cargo shorts. “I was saving this for an emergency, but you look like you could use it, here,” she breathed, handing him a bottle of water before looking for the beacon. “I don’t want you getting too crazy when all the monsters are back that way,” she drawled, the whites of her eyes turning black as she moved past him, the gun she’d taken from the dead monster held in both hands tightly.

xxxxx“The candies come from playing this game, and the cigarettes are something my friends make after visiting the human world. They have to get a few plants there to dry out for them. I think one’s called tobacco? I’m not sure. But the other plants are all used in rituals for cleansing and it actually helps me focus better. Sage and Lavender and Cloves, I believe,” he murmured, looking up to the sky with a smirk. “I’m not sure why the game decided to give me candy that tastes like grapefruits, but I don’t mind them. It’s not the worst gift I’ve received here.” He breathed, tugging on the cloth holding his wing in place once more before grunting. “I hate being grounded.”

xxxxxLaughing at Jedah’s response to the idea of the prizes, Jezabeth shook his head and continued after him, tugging his hair from his face. “It’s not always a physical prize. Sometimes it’s a memory that it unlocks for you, or a brief chance to see someone you missed. Adra got lucky once, the game gave him back the memories of his mother the few seconds she was alive to hold him before our father’s magic over took hers and she died,” he explained, another bridge forming as they crossed to another roof. At hearing the comment about being lazy, he shook his head. “ ‘m not lazy, I’m disabled. My wings weren’t the only thing that got clipped, Jedah. I physically cannot jump, run, or climb without issues, so I rely on my illusions and other magic to help me,” he breathed, carefully following the other.

~~~~~

xxxxxThe more the child read, the more images began getting filled in with vibrant colors and images created by swirling sands and dusts. However, as they came up to the house made of sweets, it became very apparent by the shadowed figure that the objects described in the book were foreign to the child who stumbled over their names. Pausing, the boy gave a frown as he looked at the shadow form of the house and looked back to Veda. “What’s gingerbread? And peppermint s-wire-ls? I don’t… all of these candy things, why do the kids seem so excited to eat them?” he asked, oblivious to having pronounced ‘gingerbread’ with a hard g. The sand around them swirled lightly as if ready to form up whatever Veda described.

~~~~~

xxxxxEleven? You really think the sandchild is born of greater demons?” Orpheus asked, raising an eyebrow at Synestra before glancing over to where Grace was looking at them all with an almost heartbroken expression. “Synestr- nope. He’s gone,” Orpheus breathed, frowning when this only seemed to make Grace more distraught. “I’ll see if I can’t catch up to him,” he called, taking off after the other.

xxxxxBlinking when they were left alone, Grace gave a shake sigh and looked to Gabriel, her eyes filling with heartbreak once more as she looked at him. “They were his girls, Gabe. He’s had children. The only reason I missed it before was because their powers are being blocked. I don’t think they even realize that he’s done it, but he tampered with their abilities, like he’s feeding on them. I almost dismissed them as low class demons because their powers were so simple,” she murmured, biting her lip as she babbled worriedly about the two girls. What had Lucifer done to them? Something obviously wasn’t right. Even when he’d been on their side, he’d been powerful. Any children he had, angelic or demonic aside, should have had at least half his power, yet they barely seemed demonic at all. As if they’d been sealed off or given half lives.

What have you done now?!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:46 am
Pure T0rture

Ending up the same!

On and on and on!
Love me or hate me;

Hesitating a moment at the sudden question of what happened to those taken when they had no one to free them, Sedynn almost face-planted yet somehow managed to maintain his balance and pick up his pace again. "Well, I'm not entirely sure about that. I'd assume they'd remain catatonic until freed once again, but all I can tell you about this city's just a bunch of theories. Even when you find the taken, you'd physically see them once you find their prison of sorts, but when we found Chestra after he'd been taken, there was no one else around. Again, this is all speculation," he answered before deliberately moving so Desiré would have to follow his turning motion. "Beacon. Jedah will stop anyone from reaching it if someone, mainly Chestra seeing as I'm picking up his energy devouring that of the horde in that direction, gets snatched just as a precautionary measure. He can hear everything after all. For now, we want to get everyone out of this city and fast. If you want more info about the city instead of theories, ask the twins. Maybe they'll tell you, but I wouldn't hold my breath."

Unfortunately for Desiré and Sedynn, a much larger armored mass seemed to be charging towards them making the fire demon skid to a halt, his arm catching the female before she got past him. And there was Jedah already speeding across the rooftops with his long a** legs. Geez, that kid was gonna be a giant by the time he finally stopped growing. Of course he wasn't done growing either and he was already nearing six feet in height. "Ugh. It's no wonder they call us the freak shows from the hidden gate... I'm gonna toss ya. Once you're on the roof, run after Jedah and Jezebeth. One of you needs to reach that beacon fast and if a couple of us has to sacrifice ourselves in order to stall these things, so be it. Besides, I'll be able to allow my body temperature to rise without endangering you to cut through that guy and get over to Chestra and Eury to keep them levelheaded before they get snatched." And, hopefully, I won't get snatched for it either. Stupid city and its restrictions.

If his eyes weren't already shut, the demon king would've scowled at Eurynome talking about him needing a moment. "Tch. I'm fine. I don't need a moment," Chestra responded before flicking his bangs off to the side. Standing back up, he dusted off his hands before kicking the creature he'd been pulverizing into his buddies, knocking them on the ground with ease. As the hordes began pouring down the sides of the buildings, his grin returned and he wound up doing a quick backflip to kick one up and over him to land on a few on the opposite side. Unfortunately, after that initial backflip, he vanished once again and yet the creatures were hitting the buildings and ground with surprising force. With every new wound to the city, however, it seemed to patch itself back up just as quickly. Other than that, the only sign he was even there was a chuckle that came from the excited king as he seemed to appear ever so briefly to turn on the walls and vanish again.

Catching the bottle of water, the fish demon smiled lightly. "I'll use it sparingly then and get ya more of the good kind when we get out of this gosh darn city. It's a weird city that picks and chooses what is acceptable for it's streets," he responded in that accented slur he usually spoke in, the straight talk he'd spoken to Eurynome in having vanished into thin air. At noticing the gun as he took a sip from the bottle, his usual dark eyes melted into a solid black with a small, icy blue slit of a pupil no bigger than the end of a pin needle. "You a gun person, lassie? Personally, harpoon guns're purrty fun for me."

Nodding once again ever so slightly, Lymbo made a quick glance at the crow only to raise a brow when Adra tugged on the bandages and got his hand zipped by a rock. "Stop messing with it, you dunderhead. I didn't put in the effort and energy of helping you due to your own stupidity just for you to go back to being a moron and start messing with it," he muttered irritably before making a brief flick of a finger to make Adra lift up off the ground and simply follow him as he continued walking on towards an intersection in the roads. Using his hand to stop Adra's movement once they reached the center of it, he waited a moment before padding over into a corner of the paths to sit down. Once seated, he set his cheek against his fist, elbow to his knee, and shut his eyes as if prepped for a nap. "I suggest staying relaxed. The impact will hurt less if you do. And in three, two, one..." As soon as the countdown started, his freehand briefly pointed down one of the side roads where something unseen that merely left a shadow on the ground carrying the beacon started towards them. Should he state the obvious for the crow? Surely he didn't need to with it staring him in the face.

Glancing at Jezebeth from the corner of his eye, the bat demon sighed lowly to himself just to spin around and continue running backwards. "An unlocked memory or a brief visit from someone I miss? Neither are something I'd even remotely care for at the moment. Like I said, things I like and things I would like are complicated. If this game could truly bring me something I'd enjoy, even momentarily, I'd have a heart attack and die," he retorted before furrowing his brow at the mention of things being clipped. "Is that a bird thing? The clipping of the wings that is. And what d'ya mean by disabled? The most disabled I've seen of a living person is the missing of a ligament, not being right in the head, too loose with the body, and just pure stupidity. You can't fix stupid, crazy or slutty. Any other kind of disabled wound up going from that to dead within twenty-four hours except the guy missing his hand in Bel's gate. For a guy with one hand, he gets by quite well."

As if hearing something towards the beacon, the bat demon had stopped moving abruptly with a rather stunned expression. "Nitanï wasn't kidding... I don't get it. He makes no sense with how much he contradicts himself. He just wants to sleep all the time and his grammar's atrocious, but he's actually really smart and strong if he ever put in the effort... It makes no sense," he said softly, before glancing over at Jezebeth. It was game over. The laziest person out of their whole group had just seemed to be wandering aimlessly in nothing short of a meander and yet he was the closest to the beacon already. "I thought this game was supposed to be a challenge and yet it took him no time or effort to get to our destination. How'd he do it by moving in nothing short of a shuffle? And it wasn't even that long of a walk that he moved! Did the game not take him seriously like those of us who thought Nitanï was just trying to make him seem not so lazy?"

---------

It came as no surprise that Perem didn't know what certain things were in the story and some of the sweets in all their lovely descriptions were no exception. He was still really young and he had no guidance so basically everything was new to him. As the questions began, Veda's scribbling notes on the notepad came to a halt. "It's gingerbread and peppermint swirls. Ginger - pronounced with the G's as a J almost as if you were saying djinn followed by germ without the M - is a type of spice actually, one that's commonly used in Asian and Indian cuisine for zest, or a bit of a pleasantly sharp flavor, though it's also used as an herbal folk medicine. Gingerbread, specifically, is a type of cake or biscuit, depending upon the moisture of the breading. As for the peppermint swirls - pronounced as if saying the word worlds, as in the thing you live in, only starting with an S and removing the D - they're a kind of red and white candy kind of going in a circle pattern around each other with a little minty flavoring most people enjoy. Mint itself is a variety of types of plants such as the aforementioned peppermint, spearmint and watermint. The oils or dried out leaves and flowers these plants produce are put into foods, often sweets, for a cooling effect," Veda explained while briefly twirling his finger in the air so a small bit of sand created the images of each of the plants, sweets and even how the house described in the book appeared. After letting it return to sand floating around with the rest of it, a small plate with a small slice of gingerbread and a peppermint on it appeared just at the boy's level. "Here are some examples of it for you to try so you can better understand. I'd suggest the gingerbread first as mints make things taste a little funny kind of like how eating something sweet and drinking something sweet cancels each other out due to their sweetness combating each other and leaving the tastebuds confused. That brings us to the kid's haste in eating it so abruptly. Firstly, they had no food for a while so it's a given that they're hungry and they're trying to make up for what they lack. It's also referred to as starvation. And secondly, children love sweets, or at least humans of that general age seem obsessed with them. Sweets are usually filled with sugar making it taste better than the healthier food groups. It seems that the healthier it is, the worse it'll taste. Funny, ne? I'm not confusing you any am I?"

---------------

Grace's words explaining her simple oh made Gabriel's frown deepen a bit. So that was it. That was where that sense of familiarity came from. Gently setting his hand on top of the female's head, he shook his head slightly at her. "It's sad he's fallen so low as to have children just for this purpose... It's still hard to fathom why he created such a perverted sin as pride in the power, wisdom and position he held much less such vanity. I pray, though they may be demons, we can at least help them as they do not deserve to be punished for the sins of their father," he said just as gently as his touch. His heart too felt sorrow, but he knew there was also a duty he must carry out just like the rest of the angels. The perverted nature of the demons were to be kept from man as much as possible. They didn't need a second Sodom and Gomorrah after all. Only then did it click that Orpheus had gone after Synestra. "Oh dear Heavenly Father... He's gonna get himself killed."

It didn't take long before Synestra came into Orpheus' view with his arms over his chest and a highly unamused expression, wings beating steadily behind him. "Stop following me, Orpheus. I didn't invite you nor anyone else," he almost seemed to growl, dark eyes narrowing which only made them seem darker. Sighing heavily, he ran a hand through his equally dark hair and shook his head. "What do you even want? Do you have a reason to come fetch me? Or is it that you're stalking me to make sure I'm being a good boy?" Alright. Even he'd admit that last question was just him being so pissy he was being sarcastic in a hostile manner, but he really just wanted to be alone right now. Maybe he'd go find himself a dark corner somewhere and hide behind his wings for a while just to avoid people in silent thought for advancing their abilities on the battlefield. He just needed to shake off these other thoughts and feelings pulling themselves to the surface. He didn't want these feelings and yet he was unable to shake them.

I walk alone!
Called a freak!
I'm not a saint!

Not ashamed!

Dantes_river
Crew

Headstrong Bookworm

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Pure T0rture
Captain

Colorful Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:03 pm
Dantes_river
Translation: English is annoyingly complex

What have you done now?!

xxxxxShoulders slumping at his less than motivational response, Desire gave a nod and followed after him, eyeing the beacon. “It was more a curiosity than anything, I’ll bring it up if I remember it,” she breathed, tail twitching when Sedynn pulled her to a stop. Eyes wide as she took in the size of the horde, she gave a frown and checked their surroundings for a moment. “Toss me to that one, it’s the safest one, and it’s got grips on it in case something tries to knock me out of the air,” she breathed, blowing her bangs from her face. “And please, try not to get yourself snatched away,” she hummed, placing a hand on his shoulder.

Smirking when Chestra rejoined the fight, Eurynome gave a shrug and dove into the mass of creatures, his hands pulsing with thick black energy. It seemed that for every man Chestra took out, another began to rot away from contact to the white haired crow. Although he wasn’t as high strung as Chestra, the ground under Eurynome began to decay and weather away as he continued beating the pulp out of any who came near him.

Shrugging, the blonde gave a smirk at him and spun the weapon in her hands. “If the need arises I can use them, but I much prefer a sword and other close quarter’s weapons than something long range,” she breathed, looking the weapon over slowly. “But something told me that I should grab this, so I did,” she shrugged, looking up at him with a smirk. “If you want, when we get back, we can always head to the range and play with some of the guns we have there? Or do you have something else you prefer using?” she asked softly, a smirk on her face as she began walking backwards while speaking to him.

The prince gave a frown at being hit with a rock, flaming eyes narrowing on Lymbo as he flicked some cigarette ash away. “I really don’t appreciate being called such things, Lymbo,” he breathed, a plume of smoke escaping his lips before he glanced away. At being lifted off the ground, the crow squawked loudly and began glaring at the back of the other’s head. “You coulda just asked,” he grunted when he was released, pausing to fix his clothes back in place. Being told to relax, the prince rose an eyebrow and followed the other’s finger only for his shoulders to droop. “You suck. He grunted, though his body began to loosen up as he did his best to relax, not wanting to break anything more.

“Yeah, bird thing. Clipping wings refers to a human trait of taking out the primary feathers on a birds wings so it can’t fly too far away, allowing it to be kept as a pet. In my case, it’s only one wing, but it’s enough to cause a problem,” Jezebeth drawled as his wing lifted to show the missing feathers. “It wasn’t on purpose, but my brother caused the feathers to fall out once when he touched me. It’s how we discovered his powers, actually. I’m just lucky they weren’t fully developed back then or I wouldn’t be here right now,” he chuckled, looking towards the beacon for a brief second before glancing back to Jedah. “The other thing my brother did, was create a rotting sore on one of my legs that we had to remove, except it spread far quicker than we thought it would, so I ended up losing the lower half of my leg. I’m pretty dependent on my illusions because of this, but with my brother’s help, I’ve managed to get by,” he hummed, glancing towards the mass of creatures that had swarmed to one spot.

“So Lymbo’s already at the beacon? He’s pretty good, then, the game usually tries to divert others from the path but I suppose your city wouldn’t let it do too much damage like an earthquake or spontaneous lava jets, would it?”

~~~~~

Frowning at the correction to his words, the child gave a huff and stuck out his tongue. “اللغة الإنجليزية هي معقدة بشكل مزعج” he murmured, his annoyance fading away quickly as the candy house was revealed in all its splendor. “so everything on that is candy? Wouldn’t that make someone sick?” he asked softly, looking at the treats set out for him before picking up the gingerbread and nibbling on it. Smiling at the rich flavor, the boy made quick work of the small slice and scooped up the peppermint to shove it in his mouth. Grimacing at the flavor, the sandchild swallowed the candy whole and tried to wipe the flavor off his tongue. “that was uh…. Yuck…” he mumbled, rubbing the back of his head. “How can people stand that flavor? I’d rather eat a nightmare than another one of those,” he frowned, fidgeting with the pages of the book.

“Those kids have really funny taste if they really ate so much of that peppermint stuff.” He mumbled, scanning over the next paragraph for a moment before blinking. “There’s a witch in this story? Is she like the witch from the village who killed my father?”

~~~~~

Looking up when he set a hand on her head, she smiled softly at him and pulled his hand down to hold. “All we can do is pray and plan right now, I’ve never felt this lost,” she murmured, wings flattening to her back as she began to pout again. “And if we’re going to have to face them again, we’re all going to need to be stronger, we should look into the next generation of angels and see if there are any that might be able to withstand these children,” she mumbled softly, teeth digging into her lip as she began to think and reason with herself.

Coming to a stop when he finally caught up to Synestra, Orpheus shook his head and pulled a hand through his hair. “I wanted to make sure you were okay. You seemed upset by more than just our current situation and I thought maybe you’d want someone you could talk to about it,” he explained, wings fluttering as if he were some giant humming bird to keep him steady. “I may be new at this still, but if there’s one thing I’m good at, it’s knowing when my comrades have their minds in other places. What’s wrong?”

What have you done now?!

one on ones

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff