Welcome to Gaia! ::

My Little Phony

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Phonyland! 8D 

Tags: phony, phonies, phonyland, unicorn, pegasus 

Reply Administrative Archives | Where Old Threads Die
PHONYLAND NEEDS TEMP VOLUNTEERS FOR THE CHRISTMAS EVENT! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Your Little Phony
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:51 am
:: PHONYLAND NEEDS TEMP VOLUNTEERS FOR THE CHRISTMAS EVENT!

Through the entire month of December, Phonyland is going to need a lot of help to power through all the parts of the event! Maxx and Jun are down for the count, so we're going to need help from people who love us! We're asking for volunteers, because we can't be sure that we can offer rewards that will make all this work worthwhile for you. If you're not willing to do this out of love for My Little Phony or Maxx and Jun, then I'm sorry to say this is probably not the job for you. D: If we find that no one is, we'll just have to change our hiring criteria... Right now, the only reward we can guarantee is that you may choose one of your Phonies to wear a spiffy Phonywear TEMP STAFF pass on a lanyard! Who wouldn't want that?! 8D;;

The following positions need to be filled:

GRAM CERTISTS: Simple gram-certing (only 'to' and 'from' fields) for four recolours of 2 standard types, includes quote-based drop-offs in Guild thread.
# needed: Ideally 3 so everyone can be relatively relaxed about this
Required skills: Photoshop or GIMP or whatever works with these PSD files. QAQ Working with Dropbox for upload and drop-off.

EVENTS STATS RECORDER: Record down all participation stats necessary (entries with links, tickets, auction prices) on a Google Drive document for us to insert into the event page, ideally on a daily basis.
# needed: 1 (possibly one on standby in case incumbent is involved in the final bidwar if there is one)
Required skills: A meticulous archivist mentality... Enough free time to record stats once a day or so. Relatively quick calculation and time-keeping skills for potential bidwar if possible

To apply, please fill in the following Job Application and post it below:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Applying for:[/b] Certist/Event Recorder (delete as applicable)
[b]Do you possess all the qualifications or are you making up for it with enthusiasm?:[/b]
[b]Will you be available all December? When won't you be available?:[/b]
[b]Do you have any prior experience in this field?[/b]
[b]How may we contact you outside of Gaia?:[/b] Trillian/AIM/Email only (delete as applicable)
[b]Are you willing to be potentially put on a standby list without ever being actually 'hired'?:[/b]
[b]What are you looking to get out of your hard work?:[/b]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:06 am
:: Temps Onboard

Gram Certist: ...

Event Stats Recorder: ...

Standby List: ...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

WOW a lot more of you applied than I'd imagined would! Thank you SO much, it means so much to me that you guys care so much. ;A; After a lot of agonising and alcohol, we've finally picked our volunteers! My criteria was ease of access and off-Gaia communication, (and whether I know you're already doing things for other Christmas events or might be needed elsewhere, I don't wanna overload you when there're plenty of volunteers ;3; ). Maxx's criteria was "people I can scream at without things going weird." Er. I don't think he'll actually scream at anyone...

So with all that in mind, we're currently going with

Atmadja
CERTIST
Astraea Pandora
CERTIST
LOLLI qAq
CERTIST
and
Luafien
EVENT STAT RECORDER
We'll contact you guys with info as soon as we've got the event up!

We'll stick to these first. We may still need more help (especially backup Event Stat Recorder), and things may crop up for people. If you've posted in this thread, I'm considering you as available on standby. If you can't/don't want to do it anymore, just strike out your entry.

Again, THANK YOU VERY MUCH! YOU'RE WONDERFUL AND WE LOVE YOU! <3

Your Little Phony
Vice Captain

Atmadja
Crew

Romantic Humorist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:26 am
Name: Atmadja
Applying for: Certist
Do you possess all the qualifications or are you making up for it with enthusiasm?: YES SIRS!
Will you be available all December? When won't you be available?: I will be available ALL THE DAYS~~~~
Do you have any prior experience in this field? I have Photoshop'ed mightily for many years.
How may we contact you outside of Gaia?: My Skype is advaroo, I don't know if that's a Trillian thing? And my email is at ayawossname@gmail.com
Are you willing to be potentially put on a standby list without ever being actually 'hired'?: Shore, shore!
What are you looking to get out of your hard work?: TO BE ABLE TO SHOW YOU HOW MUCH I LOVE AND CARE FOR YOU ALLLLLLLL.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:55 pm
Name: Astraea pandora
Do you possess all the qualifications or are you making up for it with enthusiasm?: YES!
Will you be available all December? When won't you be available?: I should be available all December!
Do you have any prior experience in this field? Yes! I was pet certist in Matope for awhile!
How may we contact you outside of Gaia?: AIM/Email astrapandora / jdgibson05@gmail.com
Are you willing to be potentially put on a standby list without ever being actually 'hired'?: Sure!
What are you looking to get out of your hard work?: Just glad I can actually do something to help for a change!  

Astraea Pandora

Crew

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:10 pm
Name: Kitomyx
Applying for: Event Recorder
Do you possess all the qualifications or are you making up for it with enthusiasm?: Both...? XD I LOVE keeping track of things, especially with lists.
Will you be available all December? When won't you be available?: I should be, yes!
Do you have any prior experience in this field? I've done lots of tallying and owners listing and other organizing things for other B/C shops, sometimes just for the sake of organizing (if they let me), so I think that would qualify?
How may we contact you outside of Gaia?: AIM (Kitomyx) and E-mail (tymiko@live.com) are good, though Skype (Kitomyx) and Gaia (Kitomyx) are probably fastest.
Are you willing to be potentially put on a standby list without ever being actually 'hired'?: Certainly~
What are you looking to get out of your hard work?: I really love this shop, Maxx, Jun, and this community of rpers! I also really enjoy organizing and tallying things. It just makes me happy and gives me a sense of accomplishment. <3  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:25 pm
Name: cursedandwandering
Applying for: Certist and/or Event Recorder
Do you possess all the qualifications or are you making up for it with enthusiasm?: I have a lot of experience with photoshop and other art programs (*cough* art degree *cough*). I always back read and when it comes to the auction last year i helped astra with most of her calculations. I also have the terrible habit of calculating odds for everyone when ever there is a raffle. >_>;;
Will you be available all December? When won't you be available?: I'll be available all December!
Do you have any prior experience in this field? Using photoshop? Definitely. Ha ha.
How may we contact you outside of Gaia?: Email callahan.ashl@gmail.com and there is also Facebook
Are you willing to be potentially put on a standby list without ever being actually 'hired'?: yep!
What are you looking to get out of your hard work?: Well i do think the whole staff lanyard thing on Reaper would be hilarious, but i just like to help.  

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Tristam Lockhart

Shameless Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:40 pm
Name: Tristam Lockhart
Do you possess all the qualifications or are you making up for it with enthusiasm?: I have all qualifications, althought there might be a bit of column B involve.
Will you be available all December? When won't you be available?: I should be available the entirety of december
Do you have any prior experience in this field? Yeah, i been manager in a few shosp
How may we contact you outside of Gaia?: Email (werewolf_k_9@hotmail.com)
Are you willing to be potentially put on a standby list without ever being actually 'hired'?: Sure
What are you looking to get out of your hard work?: To see you two be a bit less pressure and frazzled.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:02 pm
Name:
Do you possess all the qualifications or are you making up for it with enthusiasm?: Yep!
Will you be available all December? When won't you be available?: Yep!
Do you have any prior experience in this field? I do the Matope owners list and I can own list keeping and all that fun stuff. I'm an INTJ, I make lists all the time for everything omg.
How may we contact you outside of Gaia?: aim: elvyralani email: elvyralani@gmail.com
Are you willing to be potentially put on a standby list without ever being actually 'hired'?: Yep
What are you looking to get out of your hard work?: LOVE AND ADORATION FOR YOU. Also Marvel needs a lanyard cause well, it'll make her pretend she's been to a comic con.  

elvyralani

Fashionable Rabbit

LOLLI qAq
Crew

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:51 pm
Name: U KNOW LOLLI qAq
Applying for: Wherever you need me to be. Ideally certist, though. I'm not so good at the quick calculation I'd need for record/stat keeping.
Do you possess all the qualifications or are you making up for it with enthusiasm?: Yes. Except for that "quick with math" thing. That I'm making up for with enthusiasm.
Will you be available all December? When won't you be available?: ALL DAY EVERY DAY ... Except the 14th. I won't be online at all that day.
Do you have any prior experience in this field? Very much so. Oh, all the dead shops I've certed for. /cries
How may we contact you outside of Gaia?: Email, or via that- Google Chat. mccrummen.adaira@gmail.com
** EDIT - INITIALLY I was all like "ain't gonna post my email in a public thing on Gaia" ... but it's Phony and I actually don't care if anyone from the Phony family has my email. So.
Are you willing to be potentially put on a standby list without ever being actually 'hired'?: Sure.
What are you looking to get out of your hard work?: Oh, my loves. Just let me help you and try to make this event less work for the two of you.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:30 pm
Name: Chrystali
Applying for: Certist or Event Recorder
Do you possess all the qualifications or are you making up for it with enthusiasm?: Yes.
Will you be available all December? When won't you be available?: Should be clear unless something comes up.
Do you have any prior experience in this field? Yes (Certing grams: Lab 305, Life Dust, Anima Regnum: Redemption, personal work; Event Recorder: Lab 305, Life Dust, Anima Regnum: Redemption).
How may we contact you outside of Gaia?: Trillian/AIM/Email (don't really want to list those online, can provide if needed).
Are you willing to be potentially put on a standby list without ever being actually 'hired'?: Sure.
What are you looking to get out of your hard work?: Nothing.  

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Luafien

Super Wife

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:07 pm
Name: Luafien
Do you possess all the qualifications or are you making up for it with enthusiasm?: Oh I am entirely qualified. I already record tickets events for my own use anyways, pfft.
Will you be available all December? When won't you be available?: Yep, no pressing December plans.
Do you have any prior experience in this field? >.>;;; You've seen my spreadsheets.
How may we contact you outside of Gaia?: Email: Sewcerrer(at)gmail.com; AIM: sewcerrer
Are you willing to be potentially put on a standby list without ever being actually 'hired'?: Yup yup!
What are you looking to get out of your hard work?: Getting my spreadsheet fix- A smooth event for everyone's enjoyment!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:59 am
Name: ~Twilight...Angel~
Do you possess all the qualifications or are you making up for it with enthusiasm?: I have photoshop, never worked with dropbox before though. Could probably figure it out.
Will you be available all December? When won't you be available?: I'm available all December.
Do you have any prior experience in this field? I have certed my own grams before, but never for a shop itself.
How may we contact you outside of Gaia?: AIM (Twilight Angel) (or even Skype (twilight...angel))
Are you willing to be potentially put on a standby list without ever being actually 'hired'?: sure
What are you looking to get out of your hard work?: nothing really, just like certing and helping out, as sucky up as that may sound, lol!  

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Your Little Phony
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:34 am
. X'Mas 2014 Compensation .

Hullo ladies! Thank you so much for your help as our temp staff last holiday season!
Here's some gratitude and affection, but we may as well give you some other stuff too. Here we go:
1. Which Phony of yours would you like a 'TEMP' staff lanyard on? lol
2. We're thinking of giving you guys some Phony points too, but as we don't have time for any more babbies, would you be OK with Phony points only for Phonywear or Pets?
Basically you could use them with your other points to make up the total for Phonywear/pets, just that your temp staff points cannot be used in permabab redemption.

If you don't like any of the above 8D;; do you have any other ideas?

And please don't ask to be excluded/not have anything/etc I cannot deal and my brain will explode.

Thanks,
Maxx.

Luafien
Astraea Pandora
LOLLI qAq
Atmadja
Scaramouche Fandango
StarieMichie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:18 am
Hey guys!

I would like to nominate Star Spangled for the lanyard, as I can see sweet babby Star spending her time volunteering for Phonyland super easily. Also, since her brother got WIZARD GEAR, Star wants to call him a nerd because all he got was spiders and she got a super cool lanyard so SHAZAM BOOM THAT (mic drop)

I'm perfectly fine with phonywear/pet-only points! You guys are the best (sobs)

[edit] I'm in the same boat as Michie re:points. They wouldn't go to another babben anyway Hahahaha  

Atmadja
Crew

Romantic Humorist

StarieMichie

Unicorn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:21 am
I think it would be unfair to TPK if I gave my temp pass to anyone but her, since she did all the work to make rocks fall on everyone.

For the points, I already have enough for a babben, but I've been just kind of sitting on them. I wanted to save up for a second hair streak color, so would it be possible for me to put the points towards that? I still wouldn't be redeeming them for a while since, I don't really have time for more babbies either. lol

If not, I still would be pleased as punch to put points towards phonywear or a pet! You're so sweet for offering!  
Administrative Archives | Where Old Threads Die

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff