Welcome to Gaia! ::

My Little Phony

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Phonyland! 8D 

Tags: phony, phonies, phonyland, unicorn, pegasus 

Reply Administrative Archives | Where Old Threads Die
X'MAS 2014 Circe's Trials: Multi-week Contest Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Your Little Phony
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:37 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

. CIRCE'S TRIALS - MULTI-WEEK CONTEST .

. Gradient-haired Merphony with Accessory ♀ Circe .

You have heard fearful whispers of this dark sea witch, but here she is before you, looking but a mere slip of a mare. Her bright eyes sparkle – wickedly,
perhaps – and the drifting shell, anchored to her tail, glows with an other-worldly light.

"You seek my shell, brave sailor," she croons, "and the magic within it. Perform these trials for me, and the best of my suitors shall have the prize."

Her bright eyes sparkle...and you sense the shell is not the prize you seek.

Forget the shell – Circe herself will be yours if you finish her trials and win her heart! Yes, that's right! This is a FREE contest coming right up...!

There are four 'trials' in this contest, each put up on a Monday. There is technically only a final deadline at the end of the month, and so anyone may join in at any
point of time prior to the deadline, but you are urged to do each round as it comes up (and edit your entries as desired) rather than leave it till the end because Christmas.
Each of the trials asks for a different sort of entry, ranging from RP to artwork and more. While skill and effort do play a part in judging, by far the most important aspect
is the creativity and cohesion of concept, and suitability to the Phony. So jump right in...

Note: Yes, the gradient-hair is non-normative. No, you can't call her Circe.

Round 4: Santa Baby
She laughs, delighted at your story, and flutters her lashes winsomely,
"Now, my hero, it is time for my present, is it not?"

MAKE A CHRISTMAS PRESENT FOR CIRCE WITH THE HELP OF YOUR TREASURES!
Ideally, you should draw it, or craft it and take a photo! If you really can't or don't want to, you may write a song, a poem or an elaborate description that allows us to visualise your offering.
You may use NO LESS THAN 3 AND NO MORE THAN 10 ITEMS to create this present (or holistic presentation of your treasures): at least 3 of these items MUST be treasures you have acquired (or representations of them, if you are crafting - if you acquired less than three treasures, make a note and use all of them), and the remainder can only be decorative (i.e. items that are not on the same level as treasures), such as ribbons, or tinsel, or wrapping paper, or pinecones etc. Multiple units of the same thing count as '1 item', but multiple units of similar things count as different items (e.g. 10 red ribbons count as '1 item', three red and two green ribbons count as '2 items'). Christmassy/wintery themes encouraged, but not necessary!

Present your Present: Post this code into a new post - this is the post you will link to in your original entry post under the Round 4 field!

[b][i]"As you wish..."[/i][/b]

[insert your entry here. REMEMBER TO LINK THIS POST IN YOUR ORIGINAL ENTRY POST.]

Round 1: Character Concept

She smiles at you, mysterious and winsome, "But first, stranger, tell me... what do you think I am?"

[b]Name:[/b] [What you would name her]
[b]Brief Character Bio:[/b] [Personality and role]
[b]Reply:[/b] [The IC reply you actually give her, in three lines max]

[b]Round 2:[/b] [link to your Round 2 entry post when applicable]
[b]Round 3:[/b] [link to your Round 3 entry post when applicable]
[b]Round 4:[/b] [link to your Round 4 entry post when applicable]

Round 2: An Adventure

"Is that what you think?" she laughs, and her eyes are as inscrutable as her smile, "well, my hero, we shall see if you are as resourceful as you are eloquent."

"Journey forth," she sweeps a hoof out at the vast depths, "and find 10 treasures. What treasures? That is up to you. Make your best attempt to acquire them, and what you do acquire, bring back to me."

"I shall see you again, my hero...at least, so I hope."

Decide on 10 TREASURES you will try to acquire to bring back to her. What treasures they are are entirely up to you - you can go for jewels and feathers and pets and whatnot, but you can also go for things like the last box of Girl Scout Thin Mints in your pantry. Just...be aware that whatever you choose will come back into play later, perhaps visually, if you manage to acquire them. Your success and failure will be decided by your dice rolls as outlined below, and require a brief RP summary line or two in your Treasure Masterpost!

EXAMPLE:
1. The Glorious Black Pearl of Penzance: SUCCESS
Amazingly, the pirates of Penzance fail to notice as I creep into their stronghold and steal away with their glorious pearl. It's the second biggest pearl I've ever seen!
2. My Last Box of Girl Scout Thin Mints: FAILURE
I was about to tie a ribbon around my carefully hoarded last box for presentation...but the allure was too strong and I eated it.

Treasure Masterpost: Post this code into a new post - this is the post you will link to in your original entry post under the Round 2 field!

[b]1. [insert a Treasure of your choice here]: [url=link to post where you rolled]SUCCESS/FAILURE[/url] [success or failure as determined by your dice roll - delete as applicable][/b]
[Insert a brief RP summary line or two about how you succeeded or failed at acquiring the treasure - length and elaboration (or lack thereof) up to you]
COPY AND PASTE THE ABOVE TILL YOU REACH 10 ITEMS IN THIS POST. REMEMBER TO LINK TO THIS POST IN YOUR ORIGINAL ENTRY POST.

Acquiring Treasure: Post this code into a new diceroll post for each of the 10 treasures you attempt - these are the posts you will link to in your Treasure Masterpost!
ROLL A
D20 WITH EACH POST! IF YOU ROLL 1-10 YOU FAIL AT ACQUIRING THE TREASURE, 11-20 YOU SUCCEED.

[b]#. [insert treasure of your choice here]: SUCCESS/FAILURE [success or failure as determined by your dice roll - delete as applicable after rolling][/b]
POST THE ABOVE FOR EACH OF THE 10 TREASURES

Round 3: Live Men Do Tell Tales

She seems genuinely pleased to see you again, though she hardly casts an eye over the treasures you have so painstakingly retrieved.
"My brave hero," she purrs, "I am so glad you are here. How was your journey, pray? Tell me
all about it..."

Narrate your adventures to her in no more than 1000 words! You can say as little or as much as you'd like, as long as it does not exceed 1000 words. Feel free to tell it as it was, embellish your adventures, sweepingly summarise - or completely lie about them, it's the telling that counts... wink You may incorporate (e.g. build on) the sentences you included in your treasure hunt, or if you are really confident, you can just throw them together and call it a day. You may also choose not to use them at all and, as mentioned, completely fabricate a fantastical retelling. Just give her a show you think she'd enjoy, whether explosive or austere.

Tell your Tale: Post this code into a new post - this is the post you will link to in your original entry post under the Round 3 field!

[b][i]"Well, my dear..."[/i][/b]

[insert your tale here - do NOT exceed 1000 words. REMEMBER TO LINK THIS POST IN YOUR ORIGINAL ENTRY POST.]

. Contest Instructions .
♥ Post the entry code in this thread for each round, linking your post for each subsequent round back into the first post
♥ We will be accepting entries until 11.59pm PST on 30th December 2014 - you may join the contest and revise your entry posts any time before the deadline.
You will only be eligible if you have caught up with and posted answers for all trials by the deadline, and will otherwise be disqualified.
♥ At the end of the period, we will judge the entries and pick a winner!
- Judging will take some time, so please be patient.
♥ Winner will be announced in-thread and quoted.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:08 am

. Contest Entry Record . [ 30 ] Entries

. Entrants .
Chibi_Kokoro143 - Page 1 Post 3
Kitty Sprightt - Page 1 Post 4
Magician Arcana - Page 1 Post 5
Chrystali - Page 1 Post 6
purplerosesbeauty - Page 1 Post 7
Fea Line- Page 1 Post 15
cursedandwandering - Page 1 Post 8
Amorpheous - Page 1 Post 9
Tristam Lockhart - Page 1 Post 10
VerityHattress - Page 1 Post 11
Blinded By Silence - Page 1 Post 12
StarieMichie - Page 1 Post 13
Scaramouche Fandango - Page 1 Post 14
Syrcaid - Page 2 Post 1
PeanutButterpies - Page 2 Post 2
LOLLI qAq - Page 2 Post 3
frozen_flames06 - Page 2 Post 4
Rapidashtrainer - Page 2 Post 5
Kitomyx - Page 2 Post 6
Yushika - Page 2 Post 7
Ruriska - Page 2 Post 8
Vesperiie - Page 2 Post 9
elvyralani - Page 2 Post 10
-Yasha Alchemist - Page 2 Post 11
FrostyPeaches - Page 2 Post 12
The Semblance of Unity - Page 2 Post 13
Byagane319 - Page 2 Post 14
Gaufre - Page 2 Post 15
shortcutt - Page 3 Post 1
Hopelessly Pretty - Page 3 Post 2
Atmadja - Page 15 Post 2
Aric Val - Page 17 Post 3
Blue Eyed Melloon - Page 19 Post 8
Luafien - Page 21 Post 11
~Twilight...Angel~ - Page 23 Post 4
Ac.Wings - Page 26 Post 2
Lita Maxwell - Page 28 Post 3

Stats last updated: 30 Dec 2014 - 9:00pm PST - Page 28

Your Little Phony
Vice Captain

Chibi_Kokoro143

Garbage Hoarder

13,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:55 am
Name: Alluring Sting
Brief Character Bio: A mysterious yet aluring phony, her role in life is to help people with medicines she has made herself. Yet others think she is solidarity by choice, it is not since people will hardly talk to her. But she is kind and soft spoken and will help those in need.
Reply: I think you are a beautiful phony who is very kind and yet so lonely. Yet you welcome the company of any who would speak kindly to you. You are mystery waiting to be solved

Round 3: [link to your Round 3 entry post when applicable]
Round 4: [link to your Round 4 entry post when applicable]  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:13 am
Name: Singing Nettle
Brief Character Bio: They say she'll sell you anything you want - wards, hexes, charms, curses, immortality, death. All with a smile. The price, however, is always far steeper than you can afford - whether you know it or not.
(break) When you meet her, though, she's oh-so sweet and gentle, and almost makes you want to think twice about the rumors you've heard about the witch in the water. Don't. If you're taken in by her song, you'll soon feel her sting.
(break) (Yes, I am aware that she won't actually be magic. She's probably aware of that, too. That doesn't mean her customers are. Why yes this is basically maple )
Reply: "You're a talking horse with a fish's tail," comes one dry, deliberately unimaginative reply. "Charming and enchanting as well - though not entirely though force of personality, I imagine, given your reputation."

Round 2: offerings
Round 3: stories
Round 4: a heartfelt gift  

theCorniest

Colorful Contributor

Magician Arcana

Eco-friendly Shapeshifter

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:34 am
Name: Tricky Brew
Brief Character Bio: True to her name, one never knows what to expect of Tricky Brew or her "potions". She claims to be magic, but the only thing otherworldly is her sense of humor, beauty, and impish smile. Her poultices and potions are incredibly potent. While one can never be too sure of what the witch offers, for the right price you'll be guaranteed something good for your ails. Be it of the heart, body, or even those tricky issues of the spirit.

For the wrong price... Well there's a reason she's not too popular.

Reply: A wise-pony, of good herbal knowledge, you could be one of the most beloved ponies. Yet your desire to remain in the grey, morally and in relationships, has left you a lonely and bitter merpony. Your beauty draws them close, but the history of your actions pushes them back.

Round 2: Gifts fit for a queen
Round 3: A tale to rouse your imagination
Round 4: A drawing made by the artiste  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:44 am
Name: Mad Jelly
Brief Character Bio: She's smooth, easily amused, a weighted interest given to those who seek her out. The mare is as fluid as the sea, her persona changing from Phony to Phony, being what they need -- what they seek, perhaps to her own amusement or to lend to her story. Mad Jelly enjoys the attention, and on her own, she's more than a smidge conniving, never quite malicious about her ways but certainly intending to cause a little chaos. Her role is simple - she's the one you go to when you have a deep sea treasure to find, or a secret to bury beneath the waves, a scourer of the sea. It's said her shell can grant anyphony the ability to breathe under water...but a lot is said about the mare, none confirmed to be true.
Reply: I think you are secrets incarnate; you are the manifestation of the sea's whispers. You are beauty and intrigue, but you are also controlled chaos. I think there is more to you than even the depths can fathom.

Round 3: To Tell a Tale

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:47 am
Name: Siren Sting
Brief Character Bio: She really enjoys playing into the sea-witch role assigned to her, selling trinkets and potions to those who seek her aid, all at a price of course. She can be manipulative and mischievous, and she has an alluring voice like the siren she's named for.
Reply: "A goddess in phony form, my lady."

Round 2: [link to your Round 2 entry post when applicable]

whoops i decided not to continue. good luck to those who did though!!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:00 am
Name: Marine Mystique
Brief Character Bio: Charming, Alluring, Flowing. She can talk the talk and walk the walk....or in this case... swim the swim. She has a knack for mixing concoctions, able to mix up 'anything you desire' (though mostly through fluff and fancy parlor tricks) to help with whatever ails you. However, she's quick to remind you that "magic" always comes with a price..... and more often than not, that price is something that benefits her in the long run.
Reply: As mysterious and ever changing as the tides...

Round 2: [Gifts for the charming sea witch...]
Round 3: [A tale to tell about them...]
Round 4: [And the Present to win her heart....]  

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:02 am
Name: Asphyxia
Brief Character Bio: She's oh so unbearably lonely. Won't you spend some time with her? Oh she promises she won't take into into waters too deep. All she needs from you is just a precious trinket and you'll be off. A moment of your time together you might say. Her voice is like a lullaby as she sings, leading you out into the water. Just being around her seems so relaxing, so calm.

Oh? You're getting tired?

Oh no. You're both much too far from shore. Really, she's truly sorry. It seems like you won't be making it back. However, your lovely little baubles will be joining her expansive collection, so you don't need to worry about ever being forgotten.
Reply:
A siren's call, that makes men fall
A kelpie's kiss, that brings sweet bliss
Before the water takes over me

Round 2: [The treasures are here.]
Round 3: [The lonely mermaid and her failed suitor's saga]
Round 4: Companions that can survive the deep with you.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:14 am
Name: Siren Song
Brief Character Bio: She is a trickster, but not particularly charming, at least not alluring and sensual in the way that is expected of her. There is something wicked, or something earnest if you see it that way, in her eyes and when she speaks her pretty voice is used for plaintive language that sets simple terms and makes reasonable requests. The secret is for all that she makes herself out to be different from the other witches and sirens of Phonyland, for all that she professes to wanting something else out of her life, she is just like them and that will be your downfall.

"Just lean out over the water and I'll tell you my secret," she whispers to you. "Just reach out and save me, save me from my fate. Only you can help me."

Closer and then you are gone.
Reply: "A fair maiden, a kindhearted witch, a prisoner of roles, that is what I think you are.
Guardian of the shell, dutiful keeper, warden against your will, that is what I think you are.
But what I think does not matter, what you actually are does."

Round 2: [link to your Round 2 entry post when applicable]

Amorpheous

Human Human

Tristam Lockhart

Shameless Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:45 am
Name: Aphotic Song
(named after Aphotic zone, the layer of a lake or ocean where little to not light can reach)
Brief Character Bio: A survivor, she is hardly something you would call a monster, but rather a cunning hunter. Her bait are rumors and stories bred from an odd little shell with a touch of a glowing spell(or perhaps some glowstick paint)

Her tricks and charades are shields and walls that keep everyone at bay, to see the weakness of that her lonelyness has cause her.

Reply: "I think you are much more then you are showing me..."

Round 2: The Treasure Hunt
Round 3: A Tall Tale
Round 4: The Last Tribute  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:06 pm
Name: Noctiluca Glimmer
Brief Character Bio: Noctiluca Glimmer is a really playful Merphony, but is also much of a trickster. One of her favorite things to do is to play pranks on other phonies she is friends with, but it is always for good laughs. If she hurts someone's feelings from one of her pranks, she will immediately apologize. Noctiluca Glimmer can be found selling only the most shiniest of jewelry she makes or finds, or playing with the Jellyfish and/or sea creatures she comes across.
Reply: "What are you? A Phony wanting to have fun with those around her and to offer the most shiniest items to all of Phonyland!"

Round 2: [Link]
Round 3: [Link]
Round 4: [Link]  

VerityHattress

Hilarious Businesswoman

17,515 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Overstocked 200

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:53 pm
Name: Trovial Pursuit
Brief Character Bio: Trove is a hoarder. Her grotto is full of random things, all of which hold a story and a personal meaning to her. That's because these things, or tokens as she likes to call them, were all "gifts" of a sort. Trove doesn't just hoard miscellaneous items, she also has an impressive collection of stories. Her head is full of other people's memories. Despite her curious nature, Trove is terrified of losing her treasures and so, very rarely leaves them. Instead, she stays in her cove, writing short stories based on the tales she's collected so far. She'll do anything she can in exchange for a story and is a great source of information.
Reply: You learn something new every day and hide it away forever. You are the Keeper of the Past and the Seller of Secrets Long Gone. You are the Story Teller.

Round 2: Tokens of Thought
Round 3: A Sad Story
Round 4: A Gift of the Heart  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:25 pm
Name: Shocking Beauty
Brief Character Bio:

One look at her will send a bolt right into your heart. Shocking Beauty is a sea witch through and though. Phonies that wander into her lair don't leave quite the same as when they entered. They seem somehow.... changed. It's as if something from the deep has possessed them.

Of course, there aren't many that ever leave. To say she'll put a spell on you is an understatement. Shocking Beauty has an intangible allure. Why was it you entered her cavern? Whatever it was, you're sure it wasn't anything important. You feel like you want to stay with her forever.

But why do you feel.... so... faint.... ?

Reply: You're all I want, all I need. You're the only star in my sky on the black horizon. The wicked sting of your kiss is my passion and my pain.

Round 2: To my Beautiful Enchantress
Round 3: I'm forever yours.
Round 4: From Michie, With Love  

StarieMichie

Unicorn

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:36 pm
Name: Maelstrom
Brief Character Bio: Ask any sailor- the sea's a cruel mistress. She'll beat you, drown you, pull you under and never let go. She'll mock you with ice in her eyes and fire in her heart. She'll ignore you, hide from you, hold back that which you'd willingly share with her. She never loved you and never will- but none of that matters to you, because you fell for her, hard and fast, and you never wanted to get back up.

Personally, she is intangible, impenetrable, impossible. Gentle as a sandpiper when you first get to know her, her warmth lapping at the shore. Beautiful to look at. But as you go deeper, get to know her better? Suddenly the bottom drops out and you're forced to sink or swim. The sandpiper is gone, replaced by a mighty sea eagle shrieking into the storm. She makes it dangerous to get close- she'd much rather you think of her as a maelstrom than Maelstrom.

Professionally, she is another matter entirely. Her tempestuous personality builds up an allure and a mystique that plays into the role she's chosen for herself. Do you know why the sea is associated with witches? Perhaps it is because of the sea's unpredictability, or perhaps because of the bounty it holds. Witches, you know, are not necessarily evil or good. Witches are- whether they hurt or help is like asking whether or not the weather hurts or helps. The sea and witches are much the same. She knows this and knows precisely why the sea is associated with witches- but she's not likely to tell you.

Of course, her magic isn't real. No magic is- it's all pomp and circumstance, puffed up silliness with a rational explanation if you choose to look. A witch's advice is simply practicality dosed with enough ritual and glamour to make it look real. She knows that you have to believe in magic for it to work, and so she fosters that belief in those she deems worthy of help through her own unknowable, inscrutable manner.

Reply: "Alive. Nothing more. Nothing less. Would you want to be anything else?"

Round 2: Think of them as tribute.
Round 3: It is all true, my dear. Especially the lies.
Round 4: If you wanted something from Skymall, you should have told me.  
Administrative Archives | Where Old Threads Die

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff