Welcome to Gaia! ::

ToS Friendly Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

ToS friendly Yaoi Rp'ing and other forums. 

Tags: roleplaying, friendly, writing, entertainment, yaoi 

Reply Role Playing 1x1
[$] Saving the mind and body of London. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Killer_Kiwi_XD
Captain

Malevolent Inquisitor

13,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:31 pm
This is an RP between myself and RosesandBlood. We know the rules and will endeavor not to violate them. Do not post here unless you are RosesandBlood or myself though you can PM me if you are reading along.

Plot: The late 1800's are a time filled with sickness, health, new medicine and old meshing into one. No one knows this better than those who practice and among that group the greatest psychologist and physician are known to be enemies. In london aroun 1880 the two men had met and ever since their first meeting they had been less than cordial. Unfortunatly when both are great minds they tend to run into each other quite often, mostly being forced into working together. But a strange sickness had fallen over the great town of london, not to mention the horrible murders now spreading through the city, and the only people who can perhaps shed light on what is happening detest even being in the same room together. Can they come together and save lives, do their jobs, or will these two men fight so hard against each other that they make everything s much worse... Or perhaps they will grow closer and throw caution to the wind?

It's a very general plot but Roses and I know whats going on:

Characters: Name: Edwin Owen Knox
Appearance: Edwin has short black hair that curls at the ends, deep brown eyes, well one has a bit of green to it when you look at them from under his glasses, average height with a slim build he spends more nights reading than eating his meals on time. His features aren't sharp but blunted and he had a buttonish nose, a trait from his grandparents he hates.
About: Edwin always loved thinking and knowing so learning was always a part of his life. Becoming a psychologist was a surprising step for him yet the mystery of the human brain was too much an allure for him to say no. Now he's one of the leading minds in his field. His personality is a bit harsh and realistic but he has a heart of gold, if you can find it under his cold exterior. He has no time for fun and games; unless it gets him what he needs or wants. His patients come first and so does his research, meaning he is often going with out sleep or meals.

Name: Christian, Maxwell, Octavio
Appearance: He has bright blue eyes with blond hair, pale skin, and is a bit on the shorter side. His hair is straight, cut short so it doesnt get in the way, but a bit shaggy. He is on the thinner side but not because of his build. His features are softer, almost regal, with almond shaped eyes and rather nicely shaped full lips.
About: He is a rather bright person, smiling a lot, and seems to take nothing seriously. He came from a rather rich family which at first lead many in the industry to believe that he was just becoming a doctor because his family told him so. He is in fact one of the best, if not the best, in his field currently and while he largely deals with bodily afflictions of the heart and stomach he knows his way around absolutely every part of the human body. He is a bit of an actor, which come whit the territory of being a doctor in these times, but he can be serious when need be. Few people get to see him in any state besides the happy one he shows all his patients. If he is ever disturbed in his office though it can be seen just how serious he is and sometimes just how much the job of trying to keep people alive truly affects hims.
He doesn't much like Edwin largely because the man like to analyze people and is so serious. Christian has never seen a psychologist and with good reason, they would most likely say he was crazy, so every time he is forced to spend time with the man he is pleasant but trys to keep everything brief and himself very guarded.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:45 am
It was still dark out this early in the morning. The birds were not singing, people were not out in the street, but a few were just starting to wake and get ready for their days. Christian most often was allowed to stay in bed till much later, till he could hear the busy people on the street, because most often he did not get to sleep till mu later but today was not one of those fortunate days. No instead the blond had already found need to haul himself from the comfort of his bed with only a few hours of sleep and was now sitting in his study faced with a rather irritated looking older male and a somber looking woman.

They were not patients of his, no he didn't even know these two beside seeing their face in the paper, but he knew quite well what they were here for which was the only reason he had allowed them to disturb his much needed rest. The older gentlemen, rather portly with a finely trimmed and kept mustache, dabbed at his forehead with a cloth. It was clear that the heat of the fire in the fireplace was getting to him but Christian was cold, these were not invited guests, and he was still very tired so despite his outward smile he would not be treating them with the greatest of kindnesses.

"I do not see how this matter pertains to me on such a dire need that you would come to my estate this early in the morning." His voice was cheerful but his voice was clipped, a clear sign that he was not interested in an round about word play that the older gentleman might try to get up to in order to put off further what he needed from Christian. The man tried to start with something along the lines of "but you are one of the greats physicians" and Christian was quick to lean over and pick up the tea he had as if such a statement meant absolutely nothing to him… and at this time in the morning it truly did.

"Please continue quickly. I am still very tired and have many surgeries in just a few short hours so I would like to be well rested so that no body happens to… expire while I am working on them." His tone was a bit more forced at this point, the portly man seeming to get the hint this time, before his wife decided to speak up instead.

"I apologize for the early visit again. What my husband is failing to tell you is that the reason this pertains to you is the fact that this seeming 'mental' illness that has been documented has spread through the area quite quickly. At first it had seemed like nothing but now… after inspecting bodies there had been seen that there is physical harm that occurs before the mind is even tampered with and even further after. Unfortunately all the patients seen for this disease have been so riddled with ailments it is hard to tell what is truly afflicting them and the affliction of the mind is… even harder to understand. My husband was hoping that the queen could employ you to help figure out this disease. It would take a great deal of time, effort, and possibly funds but this disease is turning into an epidemic." Christian nodded along with the woman, sipping from his cup every now and then.

He seemed to be thinking, and in fact he was, with a great deal of effort that his tired mind was not willing to truly absorb. After what seemed like eons with no reply to the woman Christian set down his cup and nodded. "Alright I will do this. But on the condition that I keep my current duties. I am a doctor, I have patients who need my help, I cannot devote myself entirely unless I find an adequate replacement in the near future which is a very hard task to complete." The portly man continued with an "of course of course" and tried to draw out the conversation longer but Christian found it all tedious and boring so with a kind smile he stood, bidding them goodnight, so that he could return to be and catch of on the sleep he had been missing.

He had no idea that he would be working with someone else, not even as he was picked up later that day after his surgeries were done, he was expecting to be brought to a lone room with no one else inside but instead Christian found himself in a study room at a prestigious collage he had not bothered to look at the name of where he was suddenly face to face with the one person he would have wished not to work with. He should have know with the mentions of Psychology and the affects of the mind, he should have just KNOWN, but then again he had been largely exhausted. Of course that didn't stop the other man from just standing there, like he owned the place, Christian really wanted to withdraw his acceptance now.

Of course it just had to be Edwin Owen Knox.  

Killer_Kiwi_XD
Captain

Malevolent Inquisitor

13,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Conversationalist 100

RosesandBlood
Crew

Precious Star

14,825 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:03 am
The night just never ended for Edwin. He was approached by a pair exceedingly late, or wait it was early now wasn't it, in the morning. Lack of sleep and food made him delirious yet he still welcomed the guests into his home. The only room he let outsiders into was his immaculately cleaned common room, the rest of the house had books or papers or some other mess about it. To outsiders he showed them in here so it was clean and safe feeling, away from the chaos that was his private life. It had better results on conversations as well. You'd be surprised how an offset doily distracted folks.

Pushing his glasses up the studied the people. A rotund man and a sour looking woman. No they'd rather not be here either. Stifling a yawn he let them be seated on the soft couch while he took an opposing chair. As they spoke Edwin tuned them out a bit but caught the important parts. Of course the part where the mental illnesses was brought up peeked his interest. A lot of times the mental ones were looked over for that reason: they couldn't adequately tell others things. Thankfully men like him were able to poke and prod and manage to figure out heads and tails of those sorts of things.

A very rare smile crossed his lips as he pushed his glasses up over his tired eyes again. "Of course, this sounds intriguing, and as such it would be my pleasure to join in to seek the answer to this puzzle." Being tired made him loopy so he was oddly pleasant with them as he would have been curt and a bit cold. The older man kept trying to drag on conversation but the woman must have noticed him nodding off a bit and took their leave.

After that Edwin resigned himself to sleeping since he couldn't see, with or without his glasses. Passing out for hours he got up and was having a small bite to eat when he was picked up. Finishing his first meal in probably a day or so he went. He arrived first from what he was told and it only took a few moments before the next person appeared.

The moment the dark haired man laid eyes on him his own demeanor changed, and judging by the look on the man's face he felt the same. Sighing deeply Edwin used his fingers to push up his glasses while his gaze narrowed. Now with plenty of sleep he did not feel nearly as charitable as he first had. No matter how much this mystery stimulated his need for knowledge he was most certain it would not end well at all paired up with him.

"This won't work," he announced coldly to all in the room while him and Christian Octavio shared a glaring moment. The others seemed upset by this.

"What? Why not?"
"You're both brilliant minds! How could it not work!?"
Blah blah blah....
"The Queen herself asked for the two of you."

Oh, well that was an issue. He couldn't help but sigh again this time in asperation of the situation. "Well that is....Hm..." He looked down and thought a moment. "Still, it's probably commonly known that the two of us just don't get along... The doctor and I....well, don't work well together and as such it would strain the attempt of unraveling this mysterious illness. I'd rather not fail just because I can't stand the company..." he muttered the last part, which was rude even for him but he didn't really want to be that insulting.

"But you just can't say no! It would be a major blow if we couldn't have you both. Two of the best minds in England, it just won't work if you two can't do this together." The man who would be in charge of providing them with what they needed piped up from the door. "We must have you both! Besides you both openly agreed to do so it would be very uncouth to go back on your words now." He pushed.

Edwin could barely even remember agreeing but he had so going back on his word would be damaging. He looked over at the goofy doctor and made a face. Perhaps they could get along... if not in the same room often... or the same place... maybe if they didn't speak to one another unless they had to... Yes, maybe.

He was still a bit uncomfortable about all this and it showed on his face and his body language.

Killer_Kiwi_XD

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:33 pm
RosesandBlood

Christian listened as Edwin spoke, keeping his own two cents out of the conversation, until the others were piping up and explaining how they were needed. Christian wouldn’t be there all the time, he still had his job, and as begrudging as he was to admit Edwin was the top of his field… which was percisely why Christian disliked him so much. The blond sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose at all the complaining and the conversation before finally speaking up.

"I never said I was going back on my word." He wasn't so petty as to go back simply because he didn't like his partner, in fact it might push him to work harder in the hopes of getting away from Edwin sooner, of course it didn't help the male was being rather rude. Not that Christian wasn't used to it with their encounters, Edwin seemed to not notice when he was hostile most of the time, but Christian decided a long while ago it was one of the perks that made him good at his job.

"I will work here, I won't be around constantly anyways, Edwin will have this place largely to himself while I am taking care of the patients I need to and then I will come to work here. I have already been given this leeway and I am sure it will ease some of the tension between the two of us. As for the actual tension… Let's just have that as extra incentive to be done a little bit quicker." Christian glanced over to Edwin with a small grin on his face, knowing the other was most likely irritated just by him speaking, but at the same time Christian was a bit more joyful than the good doctor. He needed to be in his line of work so that his Patients would want to fight for their lives.

Christian looked to the man who was supposed to be getting them their supplies. "Also I will need one of the bodies if I am going to be of any use. You can bring that here or I can got to it but for now how about we all cut the pointless chatter and get to work? I would rather not dawdle." Christian turned on his heel as the other two men left and grabbed the medical reports of what had been on the body and the patient before and after death. Thankfully this was strictly medical and nothing else of the sort so Edwin was free to grab the psyche evaluation done on the patient before time of death.  

Killer_Kiwi_XD
Captain

Malevolent Inquisitor

13,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Conversationalist 100

RosesandBlood
Crew

Precious Star

14,825 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:52 pm
Killer_Kiwi_XD

As much as he hated to admit it Christian was right, they were dawdling. As for the rest of it he supposed it wouldn't matter as long as they stayed away from each other unless it was pertinent they see one another. Nodding his head he went about gathering the papers he needed and rattling off things he'd need. Most of it was information, some of it was things, and the biggest thing was coffee. Tea wasn't as hard on his stomach but coffee was what he practically lived on since it kept his body awake to keep up with his mind.

Gathering his materials that they had for him he chose a spot and began his work. Making notes and reading deeply into the events, surroundings, and people themselves was one way to look at things, Edwin liked to look at things from all sorts of ways. As medicine and things progress so did their understanding of things and it was his strong belief that sometimes when people couldn't communicate correctly they did so through behaviors and such. Like why children cried as a babies. They couldn't tell their parents they were hungry so they expressed it only how they saw fit. Perhaps these sick people were acting this way for a reason... Or it could be that the illness ate their minds away until they no longer knew what they were doing. Either way Edwin was determined to get to the bottom of things.

After a few hours of him not moving a concerned worker offered him a drink and a light snack. Edwin grunted a response and kept up his work only noticing what was there after the coffee was refreshed for him. Blinking behind his glasses he put the papers down and took his break. Without his glasses on he had poor far sight so he tended to squint and glare but up close he could see fine, so while he drank his coffee he looked rather relaxed. This put the staff that was to help them a bit more at ease knowing he didn't always make such a sour face.

Still he was a bit curious about the bodies himself. It was still a theory but sometimes mental disease had an affect on the physical body. It wouldn't hurt to see the deceased to take a look to see if there was anything outstanding that another had over looked. That and the medical charts would need to be looked at for abuse, medical treatments, and all that as well. Perhaps after this coffee he could find out if the bodies had been transferred here or whatever and take a look. But he might end up seeing Christian so it put a bitter edge to his drink.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:37 am
RosesandBlood

Christian stood over the papers, looking down at them for a moment, before he decided it best he go to the bodies instead of having them brought to him. I would be a much better choice anyway because then he could all that was on them and all that was going on with all the bodies instead of just one at a time. He picked the papers up, circumventing Edwin, and headed straight for the door while he received curious looks. As Christian walked he sighed heavily, the pleasant demeanor sliding away while he was unseen, he had a lot to think about with this situation.

It wasn't that Christian hated Edwin, far from it, he respected the other minds and the things he did for people. It was that the man had tried to get into his head when they first met, see what made him tick, and at the first moment Christian realized it he had shut himself down like a port hole. So tight nothing could seep through the cracks, not even a whisper, because he didn't need Edwin finding out what really went on in his mind. No one needed to know that, they didn't need to know anything, there were a lot of things that could get you in trouble these days.

It was only recently that his thoughts and…actions were not seen as fundamentally wrong, only the past fifty years that had allowed those like him to walk around with a smile instead of having to hide everything they were, but it was still wrong in a lot of circles. Christian didn't need his personal life making it into the news paper simply because he… No that would rather not be said. So he smiled and treated everyone the same, kept himself from showing through at all, and hid when anyone could read him. He wouldn’t let anyone know the side of him he could hide so well.

Christian almost jogged down the steps, taking each one two at a time, till he reached the cool basement where the bodies were kept. It was well lit and Christian would hear some cursing further down. He caught sight of a wide eyed young man with a doctors coat trying to maneuver a body. He stood back a moment to watch, this young man reminded him of the one currently scowling at papers above them… this was another reason Christian didn't like Edwin.

The thoughts flooded his mind as he walked over to the boy and asked him to instead help him move the body to a slab. Christian disliked that he almost let Edwin read him, because he knew there was nothing really to hide, his life wasn't a taboo anymore but some judged quickly. Christian had looked at him that first time, saw those brown eyes and that small glint of green in one, and wanted to run his damn stupid fingers through those raven colored locks.

He silently dismissed the boy as he started looking over the body, almost on autopilot as he compared the notes and what he saw.. making changes in adequate places. He would never admit it to Edwin, or anyone, he barely admitted it to himself but the moment he met the man he had wanted nothing more than to entice him into his bed. To kiss those scowling lips that sometimes pressed so thin Christian thought they would vanish.

He wanted to tug on close and put his lips on flash, find himself pleasantly under the neurotic male, which was exactly why he had shut himself down so tightly that his silence was construed as displeasure and hate. He wanted to bathe in the burning looks, to see anything but a scowl, to pick at the mind that picked at him with abandon and joy but instead he chose to lock himself down and just smile… perhaps too late. He was always curious if Edwin had seen that hint of fire before the gates were slammed in his face, if he had felt the flames of sin licking at his skin, but he would never know. He hadn't any courage to ask the man because that would reveal he had seen something… no Christian couldn’t do that.

Either way he wasn't smart with minds, he didn't know that kind of thing, he couldn’t turn a phrase or get someone to reveal what was wrong without a word being said purely on suggestion. He knew bodies, physical, he could take one look at someone and tell how well they were and what exactly was wrong. Minds were not his position but bodies… Christian knew about bodies. He also knew a great deal about what bodies could do. He knew about flesh and how much a body could stand, he knew when to push and pull, and his knowledge wasn't only in that of a doctor. No he KNOWS bodies… He knows when to meet thrusts, and when to move, he knows how move and twist to keep someone who thinks their in power second guessing.

Christian know bodies… but never minds. Which was why he thought about Edwin, even as he charted down laceration and bruises that were missed, even as he knew anyone would think him completely focused. It wasn't love, it was admiration mixed with lust, as Christ had done many times before… but rarely had he been so challenge as to keep his mouth and brain so tightly shut off. Here, down in the cold and quite, he could easily let his mind wander.

This was why he hated working with Edwin… because his mind did this all the time.

((So damn glad I took my time with this. Now it's not a crappy post!))  

Killer_Kiwi_XD
Captain

Malevolent Inquisitor

13,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Conversationalist 100

RosesandBlood
Crew

Precious Star

14,825 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:38 am
Killer_Kiwi_XD

Licking his lips as soon as the last drop of coffee was gone from his cup, sighing he could prolong it no longer. He had to find Christian and ask about the bodies. The last time someone came in to refill his half empty and cold cup he asked where the man was and about the bodies. Dutifully he was informed the bodies had been taken to the basement and were being kept there, and oh joy, that doctor Christian had just gone down to examine them himself. Bother.

Still it had to get done sometime and he'd promised to play nice. Just he didn't like it when he couldn't read someone. Some how that blonde man kept himself well under wraps. Not being able to get in his head and learn his tells was disturbing. If he couldn't read the right signs he didn't know how to react or how to proceed so more often than not they fought. Over everything. It was too damned petty! Yet it wasn't like he'd meant to come off as so hateful all the time, it was just his personality. Now if he knew what Christian was all about he'd be able to adequately modify his own responses in a way that would placate the man, but noooo he had to go and be about as telling as a white wall!

With only a small childish pout he got up from his chair, bones cracking, and started off. Since it was chilly in the basement and he was cold natured he took his jacket with him. At the end of the stairs he found a curious young man hovering and acting all nervous and stuff. Rolling his eyes he classified the kid as new to all this and ignored him. His attention however focused on a very oblivious working Christian.

On the rare occasions they managed to tolerate one another it was when Edwin was watching him work. It was a highly attractive feature in the man, his dedication and that. God, to have someone look at him with that kind of devotion would most likely be highly erotic and definitely attractive. Hence Christian's saving grace. Watching the man work was the closest to a sexual experience as he'd gotten close to in a long while. This was because unfortunately if you didn't pique his interest and keep it any relationship with Ediwn Knox was going to be short.

Silently he watched from a short distance away. No movement was wasted at all, completely efficient. Christian knew his way around a cadaver like Edwin with grey matter. No amount of paperwork could be more interesting than watching someone like him work.

Noticing that Edwin was only watching the young assistant (?) tried to talk to him, only to be quickly silenced by a hiss and a hand motion. Great! Now Christian would notice him and the moment would be over! They'd argue and the whole 'getting along because only one of knows the other is in the room' ambience would die a quick, pitiful, painful, and possibly long lived death. This child needed a tongue lashing about bothering people when they were busy!

Again he made a childish face and pouted like he had just lost his new favorite toy. Then again he got to see Christian's unguarded face when he would look up at him~

((I seriously squeexploded in joy. I love it.))  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:30 am
RosesandBlood

The young man who was assisting Christian was hovering irritatingly but Christian could manage to mostly ignore him. He was eager to learn from Christian but at the moment Christian just wanted to indulge himself in fantasy. It was easy to block out the young man when he had the image of Edwin in his mind, shoving him against a table or other various things, he viciously had to hold back the blush that tempted to spread across his face at his own thoughts. The young man of course had no idea about either of the males thoughts so when Edwin came down he saw no harm in mentioning the other out of curiosity. Though if he had been privy to Christians thoughts he might have let the indulgences continue if only to save the blond man from the sudden loss of control that bounced across his feature.

Christian actually dropped the papers he was holding, his face flaring red quickly now that his control had dropped away, a he was suddenly faced with the realization his indulgences had been far to… indulgent. He quickly bent to get the papers and smacked his head on the way up which lead to him just sitting on the ground for a moment and trying to will away the red in his face and the tightness in the front of his pants. He couldn’t DARE let the other think that the bodies did this to him… maybe the monotony of work let his mind wander but it didn't… how could he explain his way out of that.

The sheer horror of it all managed to kill the budding excitement and Christian stood, rubbing the bump on the back of his head, and looked up at Edwin with a straight look. There he was, there was that smug look, not even smug just… curious. Christian hated that so much so he just pushed the thought away and stared at the man. "I assume that you came down here to see the bodies? Otherwise you should be away from dead things… you'll catch your death down here with how skin and bone you are." Christian wanted to bit his tongue after that, because it almost sounded caring, he just hoped that Edwin mistook his tone for biting instead of kind.

He saw the assistant jump and stare at him confused because of his tone and he almost sighed in relief that he had at the very least convince the young man. His bitterness was well renowned for Edwin… god if the man only knew what he did to him than things would be so different. Maybe the bitterness would be a lot more volatile….

((Panic! at the disco saves my writing...))  

Killer_Kiwi_XD
Captain

Malevolent Inquisitor

13,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Conversationalist 100

RosesandBlood
Crew

Precious Star

14,825 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:58 am
Killer_Kiwi_XD

How very unlike him! Edwin almost hopped up and down at such a display of emotions over the man's face. Whatever caused that reaction would definitely be a gem to find out! Though it was going a little too far to enjoy Christian knocking himself around. Taking a few steps forward to make sure the man was okay. He had seemed terribly embarrassed like he'd been caught daydreaming in class or something. Not like he was down here doing something illegal or scandalous, just taking apart a body. Rather boring business; unless it was Christian it seemed.

What was with his odd fascination with watching the man work anyways? Such delicate fingers working so hard... at one point he wondered it they got nibbled on. Which was preposterous a thought since the man was elbows deep in bowels or what not. That and thoughts of what it would take to break such a deep rooted concentration also flitted through his mind. Less outrageous but he hated to be interrupted so he always afforded that courtesy to others.

His thoughts distracted him long enough for the blond to regain his feet and insult him. Flushing in anger at being both caught unprepared and insulted Edwin frowned deeply at Christian. Insulting his constitution like that saying he could catch death by being around it was, was--

"I wanted the paper work on the bodies so I could see if anything we know so far adds up with any histories of mental illnesses or the likes," he snapped back at the man, pulling his coat tighter around him. What a rude man. Still things needed to get done. Turning his cold glare to the assistant he barked orders to him for coffee for the doctor and him, hot coffee. Fresh too.

Once the peon was out of the way he rounded on Christian again with a knowing smirk. "You have a crack," he all but gloated to the man. "I saw it. Just for a moment," he stepped closer and stared him in the eyes. "I'm not sure as to what it meant but you looked at me that way the first time we met too..." He looked over the wire rims of his glasses as if it could help him see whatever it was better, the green in his eye sparking a bit in his excitement.

"I want to know what goes on in that head of yours at that exact moment when you look at me like that." Edwin boldly stated. Of course had he known he'd have felt scandalized by such things.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:19 am
RosesandBlood

Christian was relieved by the reutrn of the biting tone, the way the man fought back, everything inside him relaxed for a moment.. and then the assistant was gone and suddenly he was wishing the little man was back because his heart was in his throat and he was nearly choking on it as Edwin looked at him. If only Edwin knew, if only he could know, then Christian would watch the color drain from his face because this man was infuriating. He grated on every nerve that Christian had and pushed all the buttons… every last one that had him curling under the sheets in his bed and bringing himself off with the thought of the man in his head or taking the closest person he could with black hair and sharp features to bed.

The eyes were never right, not ever, but damn did they do something to him. Christian could see it now, those eyes that were trained on him, and they did things to him that had him nearly leaning away from the other male, but he didn't. He couldn’t expose himself like that to Edwin, show him just how much he impacted him, because that would lead to so much trouble. Christian stared for a few brief moments, Edwin just so close, then he took a step back and looked back down at the body.

"I bid you good luck with that Edwin. I doubt you will find what you are looking for… or that you would truly want what's in my head." He glanced side ways at Edwin then handed him the paperwork that he had in his hands. "Here… I am still trying to fix what the others had done so you will have to deal with just this for now." Christian pressed at a spot on the body, fingers running over bumps and bruises, before he was sighing and pushing away from the body to head for another. He had a lot to fill out and fix, the men who looked over the bodies over looked a lot of simple cuts and bruises that could mean a lot to all of this.

Christian sighed in frustration, running a hand through his hair, before snatching up another folder and looking over it with his lips pressed into a thin line. If these men were any of his nurses or students Christian would have fired them long ago! He did not have the time to properly document everything, this was not his job, but now he must waste valuable time on such things. Christian huffed in irritation before starting to wrtie everything down that he could in the hopes of fixing the mistakes. He tried to ignore Edwin but he could feel the others eyes on himself, as if they were crawling over him, and this was the part that he hated the most. He hated being watched by the man because it did things to him… He needed to hide himself from that look but at the same time he wanted it to burn into him forever. He loved that Edwin was so intent on him but at the same time it drove him mad.  

Killer_Kiwi_XD
Captain

Malevolent Inquisitor

13,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Conversationalist 100

RosesandBlood
Crew

Precious Star

14,825 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:35 am
Killer_Kiwi_XD

Edwin was excited. He really was. Christian had a crack! It was so small it was only there an instant before it fixed itself under whatever protective covering was there but he'd seen it. Oh the abysmal joy he obtained right then. He was a bit rushed in catching the papers thrusts at him in Christian's haste to get away from him. In the instant their fingers brushed and the other's hands were a lot cooler than his own. And here the man was worried for his health.

"Ah, I see," he looked down at the papers. A lot of the writing was in Christian's fine scrawl. His writing was a bit feminine but it was very lovely. Like his hands. A smile curved his usually thinned lips. A crack. "Wait..." he frowned again looking at the papers. "You mean they missed this much of it!?" he snarled slamming the papers down and bending over the body in front of him. "Half of what I'm seeing wasn't written in until you did it." He was outraged. "Are these of any relevance at all to us! I mean they could be flawed to begin with! We don't have the time to do all this piddly stuff."

Just then the assistant came back with coffee and jumped at Edwin's snarling. Huffing he picked up the papers again anyways. "I'll browse these but I'm insisting that any new peoples and bodies be observed more thoroughly. They can't just pile all the initial work onto you like this. I need information and this just isn't going to cut it," he waved the papers at the poor man and snapped at him to help document EVERYTHING with Christian checking it. Then stormed off up the stairs himself. Forgetting his cup of coffee.

~~~~~~~~

A week or so later Edwin was placing a call to a friend to come by and help out the examination of a live case that they had been presented with. It was a fairly young person who displayed some unusual signs and Edwin wasn't getting much out of all it. So now he was calling in a third party.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:31 am
RosesandBlood

Christian didn't really listen to the shouting of Edwin, didn't really take notice of the mans joy, just tried to ignore it as he rushed through the work. He actually quite enjoyed the task of simply inspecting wounds and abrasions, really wished that Edwin would leave himself out of it, but of course that was easier said than done. Soon Christian had a rather petrified errand boy trying to help and after Edwin left he smiled at the kid and shook his head. "I can show you but it will take me less time to write it all down than to have you do it… Just watch okay?" The boy nodded and Christian proceeded to teach him and show him.

For Christian the next week was rather interesting. He got to know a lot more about Edwin, about how much the man so rarely ate, he even figured out how to get the man to eat without him even noticing. Though Christian was never much better he still found a way to help the other male with his eating habits. It wasn't anything extreme, he had tried the verbal approach, instead he just left things in reaching distance and would set something down with excessive force every now an than which would make the man notice the small amounts of food close to him.

Never something over the top, or under the top, just enough to get the man to eat and continue on without such an exhausted look on his face. Christian also noticed that Edwin worked faster after he had eaten, which the other man had probably never noticed, but he didn't blame Edwin. It was hard for Christian to remember… and sometimes keep up. He found every day he was at the building after work without any rest and trying to look over bodies and books. He would find himself staring off into the distance or even falling asleep while working because finding a time where he actually could sleep was nearly impossible now.

When they got a live one… it got worse. So much worse because he was supposed to watch this kid and make sure he was okay, watch his actions, try to find a cure to something he didn't understand yet. He and Edwin had debated, and debated, over and over again until it was morning and Christian was leaving tired and frustrated. He felt sick from the lack of sleep, frustrated from the notion that all of this was going on, and there wasn't a damn thing he could do. He was a doctor, he was supposed to heal, so why couldn’t he do that now.

The most recent day was nothing but frustrating with everything that was going on, but Christian had noticed something in his tired haze… Edwin liked to watch his hands. He would catch the other out of the corner of his eyes staring, or watching him do something, sometimes shifting about and he wasn't too sure what that meant if it meant anything. Either way it was interesting to know and see though at the moment… Christian was rather perturbed. Edwin had called someone in, as if Christian didn't know what he was doing, and it was pissing the blond off in his sleep addled mind. Not to mention how comfortable Edwin had seemed with the voice on the other end of the phone, that small smirk on his face, really what was he talking to an ex lover? That thought had no right to make him feel jealousy. Christian shook it off quickly.

He had no right to think jealous thoughts about the whole situation, he honestly didn't, but watching Edwin brought that out in him and made him moderately bitter about even being jealous. At least he could catch Edwins attention by tapping things… the male really liked to watch his hands move…  

Killer_Kiwi_XD
Captain

Malevolent Inquisitor

13,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Conversationalist 100

RosesandBlood
Crew

Precious Star

14,825 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:58 am
Killer_Kiwi_XD

The time they spent together was little and yet Edwin felt like he was seeing Christian more and more. The bumbling fool kept clattering dishes around all the time it was hard no to notice him. Then, on rare occasions he caught himself staring. And not at the man just at his hands. It was peculiar. Whether those hands were tapping something on the desk, twirling a pencil, or just turning a page in a book Edwin would look. With great interest it seemed because a few times he kept staring until line of sight was broken, someone interrupted him, or as awkward as it was--their eyes met. Not to say Christian eyes were odd or anything just the odd sensation he got when he was caught staring. It had this affect on him.... Oddly thrilling and embarrassing at the same time.

After he'd made his phone call Christian seemed to have taken to acting all miffed and cold. Well, even more so than before. Of course he had no clue what crawled down his chimney and died so he let it be. It was only a few days later that his good friend Geoffry Palmer arrived. Like old chums Geoffry embraced him patting Edwin's back heartily. Geoffry was studying human behaviors and Edwin called him in to ask his opinion of this new subject they had. Thinking nothing of his old friend's clingy ways he went to introduce the man to Christian so there would be no fuss as the newest tried to work with them.

"Christian," Edwin knocked then entered where the man currently was, which was another room set aside for his study. "I'd like to introduce you to Dr. Palmer. We went to university together and I'd called him in to assist us with this newest patient." And as he started repeating to Geoffry about Christian the man slipped his arm from around Edwin's shoulders and held out his hand to shake.

"Wonder ta meetcha, Mr. Christian. Geoffry Palmer, at yer service." He grinned showing off white teeth. Geoffry was Dutch and Irish and his mother had a thick accent so it stuck with him. Of course at one point Edwin had broke him of that and taught the sandy haired man proper english... but it looked like it didn't stick as well as he'd hoped. "Edwin talked a lot about yer work and such. I'm excited ta be o' some help. So shall we have some tea an' biscuits or shall we jump right in?" He asked grinning back at Edwin who was sighing and ruing the Irish accent.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:40 pm
RosesandBlood

Christian was in a rather foul mood after Edwin called his friend, though he had the goal set in his mind not to take it out on the other man, of course he had no clue how hard that was going to be. Edwin was already hard to deal with, he already took his budding affections out on him, so when the day finally came around Christian had been acting far less than the happy and chipper person he usually was. Currently he was in his own study sitting back with a smoke between his lips and just staring up at the ceiling. He had snapped a lot, been quite bitter, and he was berating himself for every action because Edwin did not deserve it and this new friend of Edwins would not deserve that kind of reaction either. Christian sighed but the frustration spiked when he heard the door to the room he was in open mostly unannounced beside a simply knock.

Christian looked up at the two and was silent for a few moments before he caught sight of the arm slipping around Edwins waist and the way this new "Palmer" character introduced himself made him almost growl in irritation and something that clawed at him so unpleasantly he wanted nothing to do with it. Christian stared at the man for a few brief moments before giving a rather rueful smile "Oh yes wonderful to meet you as well. It's always wonderful to have new people brought in on a project without being consulted, or knowing who that person is before hand, even more so when there is personal acquaintances involved to create even further a distraction than what is already present." Christian gave Edwin a long suffering glare before standing up straight and grabbing his coat.

"You two do what you like. I have to go check on the patient at hand… ALONE. I need an accurate reading of their heart rate without others around to excite him!" Christian knew he wasn't being fair but as he left he wanted to hit something. He couldn’t get that damn arm out of his head. He couldn’t get that smarmy accent out of his head, or the way the man looked at Edwin, it was… it was something! Something that Christian couldn’t place and he didn't like!! He wanted to have Palmer gone and not on the project, because what could the man possibly help with, but he guessed the other man would have to stay.

Christian sat down on the other side of the glass where his patient currently was sitting on the bed just staring at the other wall. He could count breaths from hear, see the pulse already, beating a little hard today, it was starting to concern Christian how agitated this person was at completely nothing. He didn't lash out he was just constantly agitated and his heart rate was always high…the heart could only handle so much of that. But as he sat there watching the patient his mind also drifted to Edwin… he really wished he had been further consulted about this, instead of suddenly having someone show up, people you know were distractions and that was proof enough with him and Edwin…  

Killer_Kiwi_XD
Captain

Malevolent Inquisitor

13,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Conversationalist 100

RosesandBlood
Crew

Precious Star

14,825 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:01 am
Killer_Kiwi_XD

Edwin was a bit confused with how volatile Christian acted towards Palmer. You would think from the way he acted that Geoffry had done something to him. It was plain uncalled for! In fact the man was going to go and give him a talking to right now! If the man was there at the house for any amount of time then Edwin could have warned him but Christian was either off at his clinic or off somewhere in here and Edwin couldn't find him. That and he didn't think he needed permission to get a second opinion on these matters. Geoffry Palmer was a leader in behavioral sciences. He'd made many breakthroughs and his opinions could be very helpful.

Just as he was about to march off and chew the other man out Palmer grabbed his arm and laughed. "Ya told me he was grumpy, not all out aggressive," he smiled, merriment in his green eyes. "Oh he's gonna be a fun one, Eddy. Ima love ta work with ya both." He patted his friend's back. "Och, why dunna get back to work, I'd like to see yer patient and get o' bit of work done meself." Shooing off Edwin Geoffry strode off to find their patient.

Upon finding Christian and the patient he first studied Christian. The light haired man was in a daze. And so was the patient. At first he spent a little while watching the doctor who hadn't noticed him yet, such was his deep musings, and then he studied their patient. He seemed highly distraught and aggressive himself. Like he was under some sort of stress. The mild rocking motion meant he couldn't sit still and yet he stared at the wall with a dead look. His pulse was high it looked like and his breathing a bit uneven. This man was sick for sure. Normal humans only displayed this when worried or put under a stresser of some kind. Like being afraid of the dark and being put in a dark room made a lot of people breath heavy and have raised pulse. Or having something unpleasant close by, it couldn't get to them but it was still there and made one uncomfortable.

"Ya think he's worried about sumthin' then, Doctor Christian?" Geoffry asked with one arm crossed and the other up under his chin in the famous 'thinking man' pose. "Cause he looks ta me ta be a wee bit anxious 'bout sumthin', ya keen."  
Role Playing 1x1

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff