The world of Purri is round and the part that is currently displayed is a land mass with lots of different environments because Mey sucks at geography. However, surrounding that land mass is the ocean and that ocean leads to other countries that are unexplored territory. No one has bothered exploring these parts of the world yet as they do not have enough resources to create a craft large enough for the dangerous voyage. This would mean the tribes had to form alliances to share the resources they have before they can travel.

So, onto the descriptions of what each area is: NOTE: if you save the largest pic to your computer and open it in an image viewing program and zoom in you can see everything better.

1. The very top of the map shows a large blue area; this is a bay filled with sea water. It is home to the aquatic tribe and the green blobby things are islands, surrounding a conical volcano that sticks up out of the water and has forest near the base. The majority of the volcano is undersea.

2. The forest to the far right of the page from that (or the East, North being the top of the ‘page’), is called the Nearsea Tropical Forest. It’s a ‘semi-tropical’ or rainforest where the Other Animals tribe lives and where Midnight would have come from. It has a large and beautiful maze that is designed in such a manner that it appears to shift around. The rainforest also has a small lake that comes from underground springs.

3. The strip between that jungle and the ocean is sandy scrubland and beach. And the beach curls all around the edge of the ocean.

4. The blue river leading off the top of the map in a V shape is the river that waters all of Purri. I forget what it’s called. It’s very large and can be fished out of or travelled upon by boat or other craft. Useful for those that swim, such as Mer, as they can also travel along it and trade along it.

5. Nestled in the V of the river, the golden brown lands near the sea are the savannah, home to the hoofed tribe village in this part of the world. It is based off an African savannah and the trees, climate, red dust and weather are very much similar to that.

6. The far left top corner houses the walled city of the Chimera tribe. This is based off an Aladdin/Arabian Nights sort of setting or an Indian setting. The river flows into it through a special grate in the wall surrounding the city.

7. The patch outside the Chimera’s Walled city is a large desert filled with cacti, succulents and rock formations. It actually goes across the river that flows into the city right to the edge of the ocean, cutting off a bit of the savannah. But it’s hard to see because I ran out of coloured pencil colours.

8. Just under the savannah lies the boggy marshes; a fetid swamplands that covers a large part of the map. No tribe has claimed it as their territory but a lot of monsters have made their homes there.

9. Further away from the desert, towards the cliffs, there’s a wide area of grassland. They are warm sunny fields of grass and hardy plants. Perfect open space for the flying tribe to use.

10. Then the big brown patch with the dark brown holes and the ledges is the cliffs. These are also where the flying tribe live. At the bottom of these lies a rich, lush valley with a river running through it and plenty of berry bushes.

11. The other side of the cliffs where the ground is really green is where there’s fertile land that the flying tribe grow crops on. There are rocks along the edge of it but I forget why I put them there.

12. The light brown mountains are the ones between the boggy marshes and the star fields beneath them. They have bits of forest on their sides.

13. The star fields are those blue and green areas with the crystals. These beautiful meadows are full of strange minerals and soils and so named because the flowers that grow in these lands all glow prettily, looking like a field of stars fallen to Purri. The grasses are odd colours of blue, pale green or purple and there are giant crystals of various colours and formations growing out of the ground

14. Under the tropical near sea forest, to the right of the starry fields and marshes is the wild lands; a place filled with cliffs that have different levels (plateaus), waterfalls, wide plains, soft rolling hills and scrub or bush. Wild animals such as rabbits, deer, hares and wolves like it.

15. Underneath that is another forest but this one has natural springs underground, heated further away by the volcano to the left of the map. It also has one of the best waterfalls in Purri and there are minerals in the springs that give them different properties and colours. I drew too many in my forest because I didn’t want to get the forests mixed up lol.

16. Directly under the crop plains that the flying tribe uses is the floating sky city that hovers up in the clouds, but not on islands, it’s all buildings and platforms that have been constructed by people. The buildings tend to be light colours such as greys, blues, whites and even mirrored surfaces, to blend in with the clouds and sky. It floats because it’s…well, I haven’t figured out how that works yet but they don’t use magic to do it.

17. Next to this is a funny valley hidden in giant mushrooms that come in all shapes and sizes and that grow like trees. They come in different colours but predominately they are different types of purples.

18. The dark green blobs next to the mushroom valley are another forest, but split in two. The blue lines and circles are meant to be streams and pools that run through them and the big river that runs through the dark brown mountains and then through the middle separates the two halves. It’s the continuation of the one that comes through from the cliff valley.

19. Oh yeah, and the pointy things are the dark brown mountains. They have caves in them and are also forested.

20. To the right of these dark brown mountains is another plain, filled only with gently rolling hills and lots of trees sprinkled all over them. I think I just called them the ‘grassy lands’ but they probably should be called something else. There’s bush/scrub scattered around these too but they don’t have caves or cliffs like the wild lands.

21. The funny looking black bit that looks like an ant nest made of coal is actually supposed to be a giant rocky mass that houses the caves that lead underground where the insect tribe live.

22. Next to the black ant nest (lol) is the giant or large forest, so called because it’s the largest one in Purri and I don’t have proper place names for any of my locations. Something I didn’t really even think about till I started typing this and went…er…the thing over by the stuff near the thing. Lol.

23. Oh, and on the other side of the map (far left under the floating sky city) the green parts with nothing on them are just more grassy lands or wild lands. Anywhere you see green stuff, it’s mostly grass.
24. Now, DOWN from that bit I have a really weird looking greyish city…that thing is supposed to be the gothic city with a big old castle in it. It’s where the nocturnal tribe live and it’s made of glass and stone and generally looks very gothic but in a pretty sort of way.
25. The patch of funny white-grey pointy things going around a white patch in a semi-circle are actually the snowy mountains. Don’t ask me how I have a tropical jungle sitting right next to them. I just realised how ridiculous that looks. >.> But yeah, the white stuff in the middle is all snowy tundra.
26. Right next to the snowy tundra on the left, with a big brown thing sticking up from it, is a tropical jungle with it’s own river ending in a little lake. The brown thing is a big volcano that is currently dormant and has a bit of jungle on it and caves inside.
27. Next to that, on the right, is Paw Paw Valley, surrounded by more of the grey mountains in a wee embrace. The stream flowing down the mountains and plateaus runs into a green valley in the middle of the wee circle and forms a paw shaped lake.
28. If you go down from that, behind the mountains is a big blue round thing that is meant to be a really big lake where more mer people live. All the green is more grasslands.
29. Then in the far right corner, that collection of tiny houses and buildings is meant to symbolise Purri town, where the humans and elvens live, near the edge of the large forest. The big blue bit is a wonky bit of the river, which kind of is a lake.
30. And then we have a grey blob in the middle right down the bottom. That thing is meant to be a haunted forest with abandoned villages inside and skeletal trees and things.
31. And finally, the little bits and bobs scattered around that, especially in the far left bottom corner, are stone ruins. Possibly from destroyed villages or other tribes that used to live there.