[META ORP] Claiming the First Obelisk Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:03 pm
Before her response to Last Night could leave her lips, there was a great cacophony from the Obelisk, and a blinding light. Rose closed her eyes against the flash, trying as best she could to follow the path of its rays as it streaked across the sky. When finally they vanished, everything seemed... normal. Tense, perhaps, but normal. Blinking in owlish confusion, the old doe turned back to her now ascended friend.

"That was-- I've no clue what to say, really," she admitted, a slight flush taking her cheeks. Roses in Bloom liked to consider herself a wandering adventurer now, but this was beyond anything she had expected or predicted.

"Pardon the rudeness of the interruption there. Whatever it was you're asking... well, I don't think I have it in me to say no to you!" And she laughed, perhaps louder than was necessary or proper. But her heart was racing from tension and fear, and also the joy of finding her old friend once more.

"And maybe after... you may help explain to me what just happened? I'll admit I came for the adventure, but I don't believe I understand this at all."

amorpheous

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:58 pm
With skinny legs to fall through the just right roots of the extensive mangroves system, Hemlock felt irritation wearing down at her affable nature. But like any foal learning to walk, she placed one leg in front of the other and completed the hard march while the sun beat down mercilessly and sweat stung her eyes and burned a path to her torso. Her heart danced an unfamiliar, but harried rhythm, easing only as she got closer. Ache they said. Ache it was whispered through the traveling gangs. Ache they cursed as fallen bodies gave way to further landscape. The swamp takes care of its own.

Through the distance, as if they crossed an imaginary line, they began to see the obelisk breaking through the swamp's landscape. What was once a black speck grew into a mutinous eye sore of hot black. Disgust rolled through Hemlock as she thought of the ugly claiming it took. If she were to conquer a land, she would shine a flag onto her claimed territory, but would integrate it with the swamp of course. No need to advertise something she was not. In her doe years she had taken a liking to subtlety. She no longer felt the need to claim credit for everything. Sometimes it was just nice leaving her mark on the world before skipping on to her next adventure.

By the time she and others made it to the clearing, a good number of kin had already done the song and dance to solve the puzzle. She watched as they stepped, twisted their bodies and landed soundlessly or indelicately on the unplaceable markings. As the right sequence was coded in, Hemlock sat her travel worn bottom on to the ground and waited out the spectacle. Her ears perked up before lying flat again and saw from the periphery, three tufted heads followed suit. Tails switched but they looked on and were handsomely rewarded. Without much ceremony and pomp, light shone from the obelisk of terror. More than 8 but less than 12. There were a total of 11 beacons; Hemlock tended to count by fours as she and her three canines were of the four legged variety. As the light fades, Hemlock is spurred into action. Answering emotion yearns to break free. An outlet is demanded. She cants to the center and sees the glowing markings pulse before winking out entirely. Even the beacons were gone.

Hemlock thought on what to do next and watched her fellow kin. 11 new adventures to be had but first to unlock it, Hemlock had to go through the obelisk's own complicated puzzles. Tails twitching she waited before deciding to touch the obelisk. And was disappointed but not surprised by the lack of a response. The path set in motion, Hemlock turned and left the obelisk. She would be one of the forerunners to cave a new path in history. So much more to explore, Ache be damned. And with four sets of four legged, she marched onward and out.  

fluorescein
Crew
Completed ORP and Meta

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas