Welcome to Gaia! ::

My Little Phony

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Phonyland! 8D 

Tags: phony, phonies, phonyland, unicorn, pegasus 

Reply Administrative Archives | Where Old Threads Die
X'MAS 2015 Do it For Her: Multi-week Contest Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:10 pm
Everything you have, everything you are, you've got to give –

Pearl paced after they had set up the the meal. The cream dining room with brown hardwood floor had recently been dusted and swept (though it honestly hadn't needed it in the first place). A simple brown table that seemed to lack much wear rested in the center of the room, freshly made food placed ontop.

User Image

"I wonder if this is enough." Pearl whispered in worry as she eyed the pie and sandwiches. Hiddenite suppressed the need to say they probably needed to add more than carbs, but she had wanted Pearl to make what she wanted. Sure, Pearl had said numerous times she tried not to eat as much as possible because the "strange mushy consistence" threw her off, but if she wanted to make the woman she admired sandwiches then gosh darnit, Hiddenite would support that. That, and their attempt at making a turkey had resulted in Pearl burning the entire poor beast. Hiddenite wasn't keen on getting back in the kitchen anytime soon.

"I'm sure it is." Hiddenite hummed as she lifted the letter Pearl had written earlier. Peal snapped to view her, turning a bright pink as she hastily grabbed it from Hiddenite.

"Oh, uh, let me set this down right by the pie for Rose to see later." Pearl hastily mumbled as she set the paper under the edge of the pie tin. Her wings fluttered as she stepped back to admire her work, nervously rubbing her hooves together in thought.

User Image

Suddenly, she wheeled around, letting out a stressed sigh. "I don't know. He probably has something planned for her and she must want to do that more... Maybe this was a bad idea. Maybe we should put this back up and call off the dinner? I'm sure she has so many plans, and sh–"

"Pearl! She accepted, didn't she? That means she wants to be here, with you. She wants to spend an evening with you. She choose you to enjoy her night with." Hiddenite leapt to Pearl's aide, holding her hooves firmly and squeezing with a gently smile. Pearl gingerly took back her hoof, as if trying so hard not to show her momentary surprise and mild dislike with the person contact. Yet, she faintly smiled, a soft and relieved sigh leaving her as she nodded.

"You're right." Pearl finally whispered, wings fluttering once more as she gave an apologetic tap towards Hiddenite's hand. Hiddenite smiled, eyes drifting around. Didn't they have a third gif- aha!

"What about the locket with your group picture?" Just as Hiddenite spoke she witnessed Pearl turn a light pink, immediately sauntering towards her room before returning with a locket, wings lowering as she shyly held her head down. That must be her most treasured item. That, or Pearl had finally realized how sentimental the gift actually was. How had this woman not noticed Pearl's undying adoration all these years? Or had she noticed and kept silent? Just knowing her for a day had made Hiddenite realize this Flutter probably thought about this woman everyday of her life.

User Image

"I-I almost forgot. Thank you." The Flutter laughed softly, placing the pendant next to the pie. There. Their work was complete for now.

Hiddenite was sure Pearl would, within an hour, begin fretting once more.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:30 pm
And then you do it for her, that's how you know you can win –

There once was a small moon
Who loved the big sun
The sun loved the little moon
And they danced to their tune

Then the sun met the Earth
And they danced each day
Forgotten was the little moon
She watched their love begin to burst

The Earth and sun danced away
Falling into each others arms each day
The tiny moon cried away her pain
Yet she never strayed

Then the day had come
When the sun promised the Earth
That together they'd always play
And the moon was forgotten

Now I know
That I am that moon
Yet here I will always stay
Because the moon will always love the sun

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

Atmadja
Crew

Romantic Humorist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:26 pm
Name: Incandescent Pearlescent
Brief Character Bio: Etiquette, politeness, good grammar and social grace—that is Pearlescent’s calling card. She has carefully constructed herself, with a patina of cheer over her lovely face. She works, perhaps fittingly, as an “agony aunt”, writing columns in the local paper about etiquette and advice. But everyone needs an outlet for their emotions, which Pearlescent finds in kickboxing, fencing, krav maga, karate—oh, excuse me! One shouldn’t go on about one’s hobbies so much. If you ask her, though, she will pleasantly tell you her hobbies lie in needlepoint, decoupage, and advanced physics.
Reply:
“Aren’t we all gems, on the inside?” I say smarmily to Apearl, my smile wide with a special kind of cheese that for some reason I thought she would find charming, or at least buy.

“WAIT—“ I call seconds afterward, as Apearl looks to start fluttering away. “I—I’m Rhodochrosite, which is a real gem and not at all something I googled. Look, see?” I’m sweating under her flat stare, but hey—she seems to either be amused or otherwise engaged enough to go with that.
User Image

Round 2: [Right Foot, Left Foot]
Round 3: [Balance is the Key]
Round 4: [And You Would Do It Again]  
Atmadja rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:27 pm
#1. A Small Sweet Songbird: SUCCESS!  

Atmadja
Crew

Romantic Humorist

Atmadja rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

Atmadja
Crew

Romantic Humorist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:29 pm
#2. A Pink Cupcake: FAILURE!  
Atmadja rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:30 pm
#3. The Scales of a Mermaid: SUCCESS!  

Atmadja
Crew

Romantic Humorist

Atmadja rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)

Atmadja
Crew

Romantic Humorist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:31 pm
#4. A Golden Locket: SUCCESS  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:31 pm
#5. A Multicolored, Soft Downy Pillow: SUCCESS!  

Atmadja
Crew

Romantic Humorist

Atmadja rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)

Atmadja
Crew

Romantic Humorist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:32 pm
#6. A Bouquet of Tulips: FAILURE!  
Atmadja rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:33 pm
#7. A Hardy Succulent: FAILURE!  

Atmadja
Crew

Romantic Humorist

Atmadja rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)

Atmadja
Crew

Romantic Humorist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:35 pm
#8. A Phoenix Feather: SUCCESS!  
Atmadja rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:36 pm
#9. A Beautiful Candle: SUCCESS!  

Atmadja
Crew

Romantic Humorist

Atmadja
Crew

Romantic Humorist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:37 pm
#10. A Shined Copper Coin: SUCCESS!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:14 pm
1. A Small Sweet Songbird: SUCCESS

"So you are either here to help, or to learn," says Pearlescent in a singsong voice, fluttering through the treetops, her speed quicker than one might expect. "See, love--" she flushes gently, "--it's a gentle sort of violence. It needs something untamed and beautiful to relay what it is. There!"

She points at a soft pink and blue songbird, and gently dips forward, cupping it between her hooves. "Like this one--this one will do admirably."

2. A Pink Cupcake: FAILURE!

"What about something sweet?" I suggest as we continue forward, the happy songbird now on her shoulder. I gesture to a window where there are tiers of pink cupcakes, elegantly decorated. Pearlescent stops and inclines her head, then shakes it.

"No. You do have much to learn. A cupcake is a treat, but not the sort of thing that shows your love is true. Just that your affection is sweet," she says. "That's not what I need--but good try."

3. The Scales of a Mermaid: SUCCESS!

Instead, she stops over the shoreline with a grand smile. She has the songbird sing its twinkling song, which she adds to it with a voice as soft and lilting. Out of the sea pop several mermaids, who wave and smile at her.

"When you're working for love, others will help you," says Pearlescent. "This is what I want to give--a mermaid scale from my friends here, they'll show my Rose the rareness and beauty of what I feel for her. Gotten without violence, but with love..."

4. A Golden Locket: SUCCESS!

"I think I understand," I chime in, bursting with newfound knowledge as we stray back to the main shops. I stop at a vintage jewelry store and point at a golden locket in the shape of a heart, the gold textured from time. "What about this?"

"You're getting better!" she exclaims with a smile, and flits into the store. Before I know it, it's gone from the window.

5. A Multicolored, Soft Downy PIllow: SUCCESS!

"Now," she says, as we continue. "Let your education grow. You were right before about treats, but cupcakes are quickly eaten and saccharine-- what I want her to know is that I want her to feel comfortable, always, with me and with life in general! You see that pillow there--that's what I need. Something so cozy and comforting that sh might always feel I'm wrapping my arms around her."

She takes the pillow and snuggles it deeply, and her smile is so joyous I feel I might just melt.

6. A Bouquet of Tulips: FAILURE!

"So--" I say, a little shakily. "So, something beautiful and comforting--like these tulips?" I hold up the bouquet with a smile.

"Oh," Pearlescent says consideringly, coming forward. A petal drops from one open tulip, and she shakes her head. "Oh, no, my friend--those are too near their ending. My love, to her, it's still a bud. And it will live much longer than that tulip there, you know."

7. A Hardy Succulent: FAILURE!

"So... a hardier plant?" I lift a succulent with a bigger grin. Pearlescent laughs cheerily, her hoof to her cheek.

"OH, well! That's a smart idea! I see your thinking. But no--maybe for your own love, but for mine, no, no."

8. A Phoenix Feather: SUCCESS!

"Well, mermaid scales is one thing you have-- do you happen to have any phoenix friends, too?" I laugh at my joke, but Pearlescent isn't laughing. Instead, her face is bright and smiling.

"What an idea!" She says, fluttering her wings. "Both fire and water, and both for my love--yes, I will call for them now."

I'm not surprised, but I am still awed.

9. A Beautiful Candle: SUCCESS!

We move forward and she pauses at a stand, selecting a soft beeswax candle from amongst the many offerings. "To show my industry, and my promise to always lead her--"

"--through darkness?" I finish.

"Oh," laughs Pearlescent, somewhat self-consciously. "You learn well! But no, she has her own light. I will always add to it what little I can offer, though."

10. A Shined Copper Coin: SUCCESS!

She takes out a copper coin from her purse.

"And what is that for?" I ask her eagerly. "Are you going to buy something else?"

"This is the last something else," she says, nodding. "Humility and brightness, worth in something small..." Pearlescent hums. "... well, that's all you can offer in love, after all."

Atmadja
Crew

Romantic Humorist

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:58 pm
Everything you have, everything you are, you've got to give –

Apearl stared at the items and huffed. Separately, they were all decent, but Rose deserved the best of everything. Diligently she sent to work, placing the items together until they were just right, and an entirely new, unique creation fit for her paramour.

Apearl created a snow globe, filling a cup with liquid from the magic detangling spray. Her handmade ornament of the dance they shared was inserted as the centre piece and then the full glass fused to the unbreakable mirror. The mirror gaze the dazzling effect of reflecting and mirror the ornament in perfect symmetry. She set the globe on a base made of scented lavender soap. As the final touch she took the tickets to paradise and a bow and set it on the base. It would be a reminder of what they once shared, and the hope of more memories to come.
User Image
Items:
1- ordinary glass cup to create a dome for the globe
* treasure: liquid from the dangler spray fills the cup
* treasure: unbreakable mirror for the bottom of the 'globe'
1- a boring piece of soap for the base (it's lavender scented!)
* treasure: two tickets to paradise create a bow
* treasure: handmade ornament the dance they shared is the central figure

Administrative Archives | Where Old Threads Die

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas