User Image

Earlier tonight, before the show Aleks Mason had a chance to speak about his semi-finals match against Dean Ambrose. Aleks Mason prevailed, defying all the odds to advance into the finals in the Gold Rush tournament. Backstage stood Renee Young, ready to catch an interview with the warrior.

Renee Young: Ladies and Gentlemen, we just saw a defining match in this Gold Rush tournament between Dean Ambrose and Aleks Mason.

Aleks would walk into the frame, breathing heavily, sweating from all parts of his bodies, towel around his neck, and his hair left in a complete mess.

Renee Young: Aleks, you have just solidified your ticket to SummerSlam, defeating both The Undertaker, and now Dean Ambrose in this tournament. How are you feeling knowing that at the biggest event of the Summer, you will be facing either Kevin Owens or Randy Orton for the newest TNWR Championship?

Aleks would wait in silence before answering. He placed his hands on his hips, as he focused on his breathing. "Renee, I've proved so far every night, against no matter who, Trent, Undertaker, Ambrose, that I deserve to be at the top. Three guys, I just named, with completely different backgrounds. Completely different strategies. I adapted to each and everyone one of them and I came out victorious. And at SummerSlam, you will only see a better, further adapted, Aleks Mason. It doesn't matter who I face, whether it be Kevin Owens or Randy Orton. I am walking out SummerSlam with the biggest prize in this company."

Renee Young: You walked away with the victory tonight by using your own opponents finishing maneuver. You walked backstage and I could hear the boos echo around the arena, how does that set into your mind going into SummerSlam?

Aleks laughed, "These people can boo and holler all they want, but they know that they love me. Renee, its no coincidence that your interviews with me are the highest rated interviews in all of TNWR. You can check that yourself, its the truth. The TNWR fans know the only place they can find me is with your interviews, because, believe it or not, you're the only person I will give an interview too. Of course, that'll change once I win the championship. In that case everyone will be begging me for interviews. Supply & demand."

Renee Young: You know, you're the quickest rising new star here in TNW-

Mason cut Renee off, putting a finger up, "Let me stop you there, Renee. I am tired of people saying I am a 'new star'. Okay? I'm not a new star. I've been in this business for almost a decade. I am a veteran to this. I've been in the TNW scene for years, TNWE, TNWF, and now TNWR. Just because I'm finally being booked, just because I'm finally able to showcase my talent here in TNWR doesn't mean I'm a new star. I'm a veteran. And it's about time I'm treated as one. That goes to.. well not you Renee, I find you more and more tolerable as we do these interviews. But that goes to the iMPACT superstars, that goes to the RAW superstars, to the commentators, to the viewers, and especially to C...M...PUNK. I am a veteran in the wrestling business. This isn't my first rodeo. And SummerSlam won't be the last. Because SummerSlam is just the beginning of a new chapter." Aleks would wipe away some sweat with the towel hanging around his neck, before walking out the frame. The frame would then soon fade away.