Welcome to Gaia! ::

Annual User Run Ball Planning Guild

Back to Guilds

The event planning organisation for the AURB! 

Tags: aurb, annual ball, ball, user run, event 

Reply Locked Threads
15th AURB Theme Brainstorming Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

aucosu

Crew

Familiar Conventioneer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:56 am
The Handsome Mr-X
IF WE COULD BRING DOWN THOSE WALLS AND SET YOU FREE, WE WOULD. CAUSE WE'RE OUT HERE... AND WE MISS YOU.
IF WE COULD BRING A LADDER THAT TALL TO COME UP AND SEE YOU, WE WOULD. CAUSE WE'RE DOWN HERE, AND WE MISS..

How about we do a Hollywood Ball next year?

Our plot could be the directors(hosts) and actors(co-hosts) hire ball attendees as actors, the supporting cast, or interns, to solve random incidents that interfere with the production of the movies. It'll be like a Phantom of the Opera, or only each room will make different movies so that everyone can try and star in the type of movies they like.

Thrillers, Horror, Adventure, Detective, (gaia) Historical, Operas, etc.

Each room can be a studio where a different movie is being shot, and each problem could range from a villain out for revenge or the studio lacking props and everyone needing to go find said props.

Each room's main contest could test how well they can solve the main problem of the respective studio they pick, without jeopardizing the movie's production~

Eyyy that sounds really cool! As we're probably going to have at max two rooms, I suppose we're going to have to vote for the genre or mix of genres of the movie being cast. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:06 am
Mushyung
The Handsome Mr-X
IF WE COULD BRING DOWN THOSE WALLS AND SET YOU FREE, WE WOULD. CAUSE WE'RE OUT HERE... AND WE MISS YOU.
IF WE COULD BRING A LADDER THAT TALL TO COME UP AND SEE YOU, WE WOULD. CAUSE WE'RE DOWN HERE, AND WE MISS..

How about we do a Hollywood Ball next year?

Our plot could be the directors(hosts) and actors(co-hosts) hire ball attendees as actors, the supporting cast, or interns, to solve random incidents that interfere with the production of the movies. It'll be like a Phantom of the Opera, or only each room will make different movies so that everyone can try and star in the type of movies they like.

Thrillers, Horror, Adventure, Detective, (gaia) Historical, Operas, etc.

Each room can be a studio where a different movie is being shot, and each problem could range from a villain out for revenge or the studio lacking props and everyone needing to go find said props.

Each room's main contest could test how well they can solve the main problem of the respective studio they pick, without jeopardizing the movie's production~

Eyyy that sounds really cool! As we're probably going to have at max two rooms, I suppose we're going to have to vote for the genre or mix of genres of the movie being cast. biggrin

Thanks~
I'm trying to fill in as many plot holes as I can~  

The Handsome Mr-X

Handsome Gentleman

27,590 Points
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Attending the Ball 25

Love Renewed

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:13 am
Mushyung

Yes I do know that monster high is a cartoon thing, but due to copyright, we wouldn't be able to host such a large event backed by the gaia staff based on it. Sorry. :<

And, haunted houses I've been to have always had more than one room, where guests enter, travel through a few different areas, and exit. I don't know what kind of plot we'd be able to push other than a supernatural themed one, and we've already covered that in earlier balls. They are also amost always associated with halloween, so not certain it would be a good fit for a summer event. It could be a fun mini-event to host in the halloween thread if gaia makes another this year! What do you think?

Also, we should probably move this conversation in the themes thread

Like I said, fanfictions and rps are allowed. And Staff do back that up. They have time and time again. Some authors love and even feed their fandoms so to speak. And others just go nuts lol.

On the haunted house, I think we're thinking different things. Because there's nothing supernatural about men with hatchets and chainsaws chasing you. Or women with bloody knives saying they murdered their family. But a mini event could draw a lot of attention. I make a lot of haunted houses based solely on requests through the year. Including a few choose your rp types where the rper has three choices. And once everyone posts, I say what happened based on those choices and who made it alive to the next choice.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:17 am
Talk of Gardens lead me to think giant Garden Party. Any era, maybe the next millennium? Lots to work in terms of thoughts and characters then. How things look, plot etc  

Love Renewed

The Handsome Mr-X

Handsome Gentleman

27,590 Points
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:21 am
Love Renewed
Talk of Gardens lead me to think giant Garden Party. Any era, maybe the next millennium? Lots to work in terms of thoughts and characters then. How things look, plot etc

There was a garden room in the 11th one, but i'm sure it'd be pretty cool to have a ball based on it.

Like different rooms having different plants from different environments. Flooded Jungles, Deserts, Forests, Underwater~  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:28 am
The Handsome Mr-X
Love Renewed

There was a garden room in the 11th one, but i'm sure it'd be pretty cool to have a ball based on it.

Like different rooms having different plants from different environments. Flooded Jungles, Deserts, Forests, Underwater~
There is talk of only having one room. So then just the ball. But if we have multiple rooms, it would be cool to do it your way.  

Love Renewed

TheMainCharacter1

Unleashed Humorist

27,415 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:39 pm
Brokuto
Watch me bring out my anime trash side lmao

also guys dont focus too much on one theme, try to think of others as well

THEME IDEA!!
Superpowers/super society

different kinda super societies in current fiction
(just to show even though same theme can have various plots)

-Marvel universe // x-men/ avengers/Guardians of the Galaxy etc
-DC universe// justice league
-Sky High
-My Hero Academia
-One Punch Man
-Big Hero 6
- The Incredibles
-Megamind

Room Idea/s:

City Town Hall: (middle room) city throws party in order to thank heros from stopping the villains all the time etc

League of Villains: villain hide out, theyre not as dastardly as theyd like us to think, shenanigans

Hero's cave: they just want to sit back and relax after saving the city lmao

will expand more later

EDIT: for one room only plot we could easily have the town hall with the characters possibly having a civilian costume to blend in, for both Hero's and Villains

Cleaners HQ: Who do you think cleans the mess the heroes and villains make?

The Fan Club aka (Mom's basement): Where hero and villain fans discuss the good,the bad and my wifu/husbando is better than yours.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:56 pm
TheMainCharacter1
Brokuto
Watch me bring out my anime trash side lmao

also guys dont focus too much on one theme, try to think of others as well

THEME IDEA!!
Superpowers/super society

different kinda super societies in current fiction
(just to show even though same theme can have various plots)

-Marvel universe // x-men/ avengers/Guardians of the Galaxy etc
-DC universe// justice league
-Sky High
-My Hero Academia
-One Punch Man
-Big Hero 6
- The Incredibles
-Megamind

Room Idea/s:

City Town Hall: (middle room) city throws party in order to thank heros from stopping the villains all the time etc

League of Villains: villain hide out, theyre not as dastardly as theyd like us to think, shenanigans

Hero's cave: they just want to sit back and relax after saving the city lmao

will expand more later

EDIT: for one room only plot we could easily have the town hall with the characters possibly having a civilian costume to blend in, for both Hero's and Villains

Cleaners HQ: Who do you think cleans the mess the heroes and villains make?

The Fan Club aka (Mom's basement): Where hero and villain fans discuss the good,the bad and my wifu/husbando is better than yours.

omg the fanclub yes hueheuhue  

Brokuto

Antagonistic Rogue

TheMainCharacter1

Unleashed Humorist

27,415 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:09 pm
Brokuto

omg the fanclub yes hueheuhue

If we end up having one room we can have an amateur hero accidentally transport all of the locations to one place like the center of town. This will make it easier to walk to one place to another since they'll be all next to one another.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:23 am
TheMainCharacter1
Brokuto

ya know we can totally have a fan club room no matter what we do honestly, someone is a big shot in our main room and the fan club room becomes more of a generic hang out room with loads of background information on the main characters in other rooms  

Mishi Tanaka

Eternal Trickster

16,025 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Mishi Tanaka

Eternal Trickster

16,025 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:18 am
If we do a Club Theme all of the admin rolls will be credited as bouncers for the club.

we could also turn club into a face off or battle type of scenario where there would be 2 rooms one would be like a punk ravers club and the other would be something like a gentleman's club or something like that, and the goal would be to get guest to wear a certain type of items and whoever got the most would be the best club.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:23 am
*slams hands on table and speaks in a J Jonah Jameson voice* GIVE ME CYBERPUNK

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

(no but seriously I just want to put my two cents in because I am weak for cyberpunk lmao)  

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

AugureyRiddle

Irregular Genius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:04 am
troubled-pasta
*slams hands on table and speaks in a J Jonah Jameson voice* GIVE ME CYBERPUNK

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

(no but seriously I just want to put my two cents in because I am weak for cyberpunk lmao)

This is probably an extremely dumb question. But what is cyberpunk? And how would it work as a theme?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:26 pm
ZoieAmandaSaxon

This is probably an extremely dumb question. But what is cyberpunk? And how would it work as a theme?

Think BladeRunner or Kung Fury basically. It's generally a mashup of 80s neon punk and futuristic themes. My personal favourite is Shadowrun because it throws magic and high fantasy into the mix - so you can have elven mages using illusion magic to create smokescreens to hide from drones or orcs with cybernetic limbs and augmentations. It's just really fun tbh

As a theme for the ball as a whole, idk you could have a megacorp vs the people thing going but honestly I'd be happy if it just came up as a room theme lmao.  

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

TheMainCharacter1

Unleashed Humorist

27,415 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:50 pm
Parallel Worlds?
Time Travel?

I'm just thinking of this as I type so excuse the typos and grammar.

We're in this section of Gaia or some other world.

One room represents the future of this world. There's this a group of people who live outside the city where they live poorly. Inside the cities walls the rich lives lavish lifestyle and treat the under privilege horribly. The slum leader wants to travel to the past and change the future where their people are the rich ones.They begin multiplying the young royal so the future can be alter. Dark futuristic setting.

Another represents the past of this world where everything is consider equal and carefree. A young naive royal worries about their kingdoms thinking it's too carefree and wants their future to be great for many years to come. They meet the slums leader and are excited to learn about future and how to improve it but not knowing the slums leader's true goal. Fantasy village and kingdom setting.

We can have stuff that happen in the past room changes the events/history in the future room. Also, we can have the slum leader changes his goal so that everyone is equal.

We can have a twist where the king is actually a former slum resident but they also went to the past and changed everything for the same reasons. Reveals in the former timeline the slum leader used to be a prince before the king changed everything to in his favor.

...too complicated? lol  
Locked Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces