Welcome to Gaia! ::

Annual User Run Ball Planning Guild

Back to Guilds

The event planning organisation for the AURB! 

Tags: aurb, annual ball, ball, user run, event 

Reply Locked Threads
15th AURB Theme Brainstorming Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ArtAppreciationist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:36 am
Imma just throw my two cents in but I think a murder mystery could be cool!
The set up could be that the ball host has invited all the ball guests for a... ball of some sort xD
But then when the party gets started the hosts discover either oh noes a dead body! (Or that something has been stolen)
And we can have all the hosts be 'suspects' and the guests have to figure out who dun it!
If we want to include fantasy/supernatural the guy who got killed could come back as a ghost to help the guests!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:16 pm
TheMainCharacter1
Parallel Worlds?
Time Travel?

I'm just thinking of this as I type so excuse the typos and grammar.

We're in this section of Gaia or some other world.

One room represents the future of this world. There's this a group of people who live outside the city where they live poorly. Inside the cities walls the rich lives lavish lifestyle and treat the under privilege horribly. The slum leader wants to travel to the past and change the future where their people are the rich ones.They begin multiplying the young royal so the future can be alter. Dark futuristic setting.

Another represents the past of this world where everything is consider equal and carefree. A young naive royal worries about their kingdoms thinking it's too carefree and wants their future to be great for many years to come. They meet the slums leader and are excited to learn about future and how to improve it but not knowing the slums leader's true goal. Fantasy village and kingdom setting.

We can have stuff that happen in the past room changes the events/history in the future room. Also, we can have the slum leader changes his goal so that everyone is equal.

We can have a twist where the king is actually a former slum resident but they also went to the past and changed everything for the same reasons. Reveals in the former timeline the slum leader used to be a prince before the king changed everything to in his favor.

...too complicated? lol

Yeah I think based on the fact that this sounds marginally similar to how the plot for the 2k16 ball was going to be at first, and how much grief that gave us to work out, I think it's probably not suitable for a 4 day event. It seems like it would work really well for a long-term rp in a guild, but for something like the AURB we need themes that are a bit more broad and vague in a way. Things like 'supernatural' and 'classic literature' worked really well because they were very open to interpretation.  

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:19 pm
ArtAppreciationist
The set up could be that the ball host has invited all the ball guests for a... ball of some sort xD
But then when the party gets started the hosts discover either oh noes a dead body! (Or that something has been stolen)
And we can have all the hosts be 'suspects' and the guests have to figure out who dun it!
If we want to include fantasy/supernatural the guy who got killed could come back as a ghost to help the guests!

We've already had supernatural come up in recent years so I think that might get a little same-y, and I think a 'murder' mystery would be in breach of the PG-13 rule for the Gaia ToS, but I think a film noir crime mystery style theme could be pretty cool?

It could also work really well with the 'Hollywood' theme, because it could all be wrapped up in the concept of a TV show or movie.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:23 pm
troubled-pasta
ArtAppreciationist

We've already had supernatural come up in recent years so I think that might get a little same-y, and I think a 'murder' mystery would be in breach of the PG-13 rule for the Gaia ToS, but I think a film noir crime mystery style theme could be pretty cool?

It could also work really well with the 'Hollywood' theme, because it could all be wrapped up in the concept of a TV show or movie.
Murder mysteries happen all of the time and are allowed. We just can't rp out a lot of violence.  

Love Renewed

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:26 pm
Love Renewed
Murder mysteries happen all of the time and are allowed. We just can't rp out a lot of violence.

Cool, that works then if we're gonna go with the Hollywood route.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:29 pm
troubled-pasta
Love Renewed

Dibs being murderer :3c aaha  

Brokuto

Antagonistic Rogue

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:50 pm
Brokuto

And you call me an edgelord! (lmao)  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:47 pm
troubled-pasta
Brokuto

And you call me an edgelord! (lmao)

takes one to know one

lmao  

Brokuto

Antagonistic Rogue

The Handsome Mr-X

Handsome Gentleman

27,590 Points
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:39 am
troubled-pasta
Love Renewed

*gasp*
emotion_kirakira  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:42 am
Brokuto
takes one to know one

lmao

; w ;  

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:45 am
The Handsome Mr-X
*gasp*
emotion_kirakira

I do say 'if'. Like all themes go to a vote, so nothing is set in stone, but the 'TV' theme has come up a couple of times now and Hollywood is a bit of a broader, more flexible theme which encompasses that so it's a solid contender.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:55 am
troubled-pasta
The Handsome Mr-X
*gasp*
emotion_kirakira

I do say 'if'. Like all themes go to a vote, so nothing is set in stone, but the 'TV' theme has come up a couple of times now and Hollywood is a bit of a broader, more flexible theme which encompasses that so it's a solid contender.

Nah I was just expressing how happy I was to see someone noticing my idea.
v w v  

The Handsome Mr-X

Handsome Gentleman

27,590 Points
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Attending the Ball 25

TheMainCharacter1

Unleashed Humorist

27,415 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:27 pm
Hollywood Murder Mystery got my vote.

Tv is also good. I have to remember what suggestions I put for that theme...

With the murder mystery why don't we have a little fun and have the crew participate at figuring out who actually did it ? Instead of everyone knowing who did it only a few people will know until the ball comes close to the end.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:01 pm
I'm hankering for a classic MMO-feel. We create a fantasy realm, and send the users on a quest of sorts. This gives us a lot of creative license, though we can base it off of LOTR/Warcraft/Arthurian Legend/Anything really. I'd KILL to play an evil wizard villain.

This also gives us an easy in for prizes. Sidequests? BAM, prizes. We could even find a way to use classes. Enter an art contest to train with the bards, learn spells and cast them using the dice rolling system. IDK, the world is our oyster.  

PinkieKitty

Mewling Lunatic

16,375 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Married 100

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:21 pm
The Handsome Mr-X
Nah I was just expressing how happy I was to see someone noticing my idea.
v w v

( uu)b

It's a solid idea and it lets us blend two to three themes that have been brought up, but not used in the past. I think we should aim to have about five solid ideas to choose from when it comes to voting time, but this should definitely be one of them.  
Locked Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff